Art Morte
boyzis
Helmer
futbol
Kick
79 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by Onions Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can't believe we didn't smash them. Absolutely gutted. We dominated them 90% of the match. Only ourselves to blame :facepalm:

Bit funny how Spurs are regressing with each year though. They were not even playing a derby game but a game against a top team and acting like a relegation team.

parked the bus from the 1st min till the last Laughing

2 points dropped

If thats the case could you say that it's similar to how Arsenal had played against us last year at WHL? Because the stats seem to definitely suggest so. I'll give a comparison between the two games:

Red = Arsenal, Blue = Tottenham
NLD 2013/14:

NLD 2014/15:

Yet did we deserve to win because we managed to defeat you in every statistical number except the scoreline?

Onions
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Please Gil stop. Him and Kompany pocketed him easily.

Costa lost the ball numerous times against them both.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 pm

A spurs fan Proud

Mah n
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Fußball wrote:Caused a penalty as well I from what I'm reading (not watching this myself, watching Mehdrid). Dani wanted him badly for Barca. Now I'm not saying this is Mangala's standard but he's clearly got some flaws to iron out if this is how he clears a simple cross. Laughing Should never cost € 40M+.

I didnt hear this talk when he dominated Costa last week.

Because I know Costa very well. He has been dominated by Pique and Mascherano every single time they've faced each other. Has scored 0 goals against Barca in about 10 games if I'm not mistaken. Costa is such an archaic centerforward - not particularly pacey, not trickery, just running the channels all night long and bulldozing his way towards goal - all you need is physicality to handle him properly. Which Mangala has. The fact that Chelsea parked a mean bus against City also played its part.

Anyway, he might do well in the long run. But from what I'm seeing he had a total shocker against a below average team and although 23 is young he has a lot of first division football and even CL experience so for me that's not an excuse.

Dont get me wrong, dominating Costa is no real benchmark. All I am saying is he did a great job there.

Mangala has alot of experience your right, but even more experienced players are capable of making 2 mistakes in a game...and thats exactly what he did. 2 mistakes.

WAY better players than Mangala have given away a pen before. OG's are nothing, they can happen to anyone.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:17 pm

West Brom beating Burnley 3-0 with a good 30 minutes left. Saido Berahino with two of the goals.

This'll be their third win on the bounce in all comps with three clean sheets, in all likelihood.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:18 pm

De Gea £18 Million
Shaw £27-32 Million
Rojo (or what ever his name is) £16 million
Jones £18 million
Smalling £10 million
So at least £89 million spent. The way the media & Phil Neville make it sound you'd think they have 5 10 year old academy products from trafford at the back!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 am

1991 wrote:De Gea £18 Million
Shaw £27-32 Million
Rojo (or what ever his name is) £16 million
Jones £18 million
Smalling £10 million
So at least £89 million spent. The way the media & Phil Neville make it sound you'd think they have 5 10 year old academy products from trafford at the back!

Uhm, two of them are injured IIRC. So Blackett and Napier started games and are considered youngsters. Did you watch our last two games?
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:46 am

Spoiler:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Too late :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Nah. I'm watching Sky Sports regularly. They keep telling me this is the EPL, the most competitive of the most competitive leagues of all time. So it's not too late, Chelsea can't possibly walk this. As you can see there are teams like Arsenal only 6 points behind who will give a tremendous title challenge until the last day of the season. Liverpool too are only 9 points behind. Which is basically nothing in the EPL as Chelsea can drop points at any moment against any opponent. I'm defo fastening my seatbelt, this gonna be an excellent ride, most entertaining title race of all time this season, I feel it. Chelsea won't win. Some twists and turns awaiting for sure.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Fußball wrote:Nah. I'm watching Sky Sports regularly. They keep telling me this is the EPL, the most competitive of the most competitive leagues of all time. So it's not too late, Chelsea can't possibly walk this. As you can see there are teams like Arsenal only 6 points behind who will give a tremendous title challenge until the last day of the season. Liverpool too are only 9 points behind. Which is basically nothing in the EPL as Chelsea can drop points at any moment against any opponent. I'm defo fastening my seatbelt, this gonna be an excellent ride, most entertaining title race of all time this season, I feel it. Chelsea won't win. Some twists and turns awaiting for sure.

Oh, you've definitely been watching Sky Sports. Laughing

:bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:29 pm

How far away each PL team is away from where hey first played:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/9/29/1412009283244/HowfarPremierLeagueclubshav.png
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:51 am

izzy wrote:
Fußball wrote:Nah. I'm watching Sky Sports regularly. They keep telling me this is the EPL, the most competitive of the most competitive leagues of all time. So it's not too late, Chelsea can't possibly walk this. As you can see there are teams like Arsenal only 6 points behind who will give a tremendous title challenge until the last day of the season. Liverpool too are only 9 points behind. Which is basically nothing in the EPL as Chelsea can drop points at any moment against any opponent. I'm defo fastening my seatbelt, this gonna be an excellent ride, most entertaining title race of all time this season, I feel it. Chelsea won't win. Some twists and turns awaiting for sure.

Oh, you've definitely been watching Sky Sports. Laughing

:bow:

Laughing
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 am

Moses put, no bias included, the best Chelsea midfielder(not named Fabregas) performance so far in the league this season. If Stoke didn't suck they would have put so much more past toon behind his performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 am

Says more about us than it does him tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Says more about us than it does him tbf.

Fair enough.

Keep the faith lad. Pardew will right ship sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:30 am

Laughing

People believed me when I said it was too late Laughing

Betty La Fea wrote:Moses put, no bias included, the best Chelsea midfielder(not named Fabregas) performance so far in the league this season. If Stoke didn't suck they would have put so much more past toon behind his performance.

So he put in the second best then?

Still laughable.
Also how can there be no bias when you consider all of our midfielders as scrubs?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 am

Kick wrote:Laughing

People believed me when I said it was too late Laughing

Betty La Fea wrote:Moses put, no bias included, the best Chelsea midfielder(not named Fabregas) performance so far in the league this season. If Stoke didn't suck they would have put so much more past toon behind his performance.

So he put in the second best then?

Still laughable.
Also how can there be no bias when you consider all of our midfielders as scrubs?

Now now Scrub is an unfair word. Salah does not play enough to be a scrub. He would be whatever is a step below scrub....garbage maybe? Laughing

To be honest, and you don't have to admit it aloud, can you honestly say Chelsea would be any worse off on the table if the two squad spots used by Willian and Oscar were used by Moses and Atsu right now? The difference would be miniscule so far to say the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:19 am

:facepalm:

Oscar and Willian won us the game against Villa on the weekend so there is three points already.

Neither Moses or Atsu have the technique, stamina or defensive abilities of Oscar and Willian, they are vastly superior players which is why they play for us and Moses and Atsu do not.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 am

Kick wrote::facepalm:

Oscar and Willian won us the game against Villa on the weekend so there is three points already.

Neither Moses or Atsu have the technique, stamina or defensive abilities of Oscar and Willian, they are vastly superior players which is why they play for us and Moses and Atsu do not.

Willian won that match after trying his hardest not to with another one of his 32 million dollar performances of mediocrity. Oscar was slightly less Oscar-like. Nobody could believe he finished that Willian pass. Hardly say they won the match. Defensively Moses put in a top performance of the season against the champions at their home next to players who belong in the championship. The same game where Willian sucked so bad he was subbed off mercifully without even acknowledgement from Mourinho, and Oscar(surprise surprise) once again didn't even play in.To say he is weaker defensively is questionable, and even more not likely to change the outlook of the table when neither Oscar nor Willian being caught out have cost Chelsea points. My hypothesis is that they would look just as impressive playing in the midfield with Fabregas and Hazard and behind Costa. If we are going to be honest Moses has already looked more impressive than Willian, and he did it with a much worse midfield than the one Chelsea has now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 am

Actually, both Willian and Oscar scored, and played massive parts in the goals they didn't score. For example Oscar was heavily involved in the build up play for Costa's goal and Willian assisted Oscar's goal. To say that they didn't win us the match is incorrect. Had they not combined for the first goal, we would have not been in cruise control and it would have been a very different match. If you remove them from the game, we wouldn't have scored any goals as they were a large part of all our goals.

Also, you seriously basing this off the few games this season?

How about we talk about Moses last season? Laughing Or Atsu Last season.

Only reason Oscar hasn't featured in every game this season is due to injury Laughing Also, everyone has a bad game here and there. Funny thing is, everyone thought Schurrle would take Willian's place after the world cup, yet he was unable to do so as Willian is such an athlete. Go watch the game Vs City and you will see what Willian brings to the team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 am

Kick wrote:Actually, both Willian and Oscar scored, and played massive parts in the goals they didn't score. For example Oscar was heavily involved in the build up play for Costa's goal and Willian assisted Oscar's goal. To say that they didn't win us the match is incorrect. Had they not combined for the first goal, we would have not been in cruise control and it would have been a very different match. If you remove them from the game, we wouldn't have scored any goals as they were a large part of all our goals.

Also, you seriously basing this off the few games this season?

How about we talk about Moses last season? Laughing Or Atsu Last season.

Only reason Oscar hasn't featured in every game this season is due to injury Laughing Also, everyone has a bad game here and there. Funny thing is, everyone thought Schurrle would take Willian's place after the world cup, yet he was unable to do so as Willian is such an athlete. Go watch the game Vs City and you will see what Willian brings to the team.

That cruise control is pretty much every game with Oscar and Willian. Willian, all 32 million of him was Ok at best, and Oscar only looked so good because the bar has been set so low for him these days.

Moses couldn't get into a Liverpool side that neither Oscar nor Willian would have got into either Laughing It was a bad move for him that has set him back a year, changes nothing of how he has looked when he has played. This is a guy who scored in pretty much every game of that Europa league trophy run. Mata is treated like god for pretty much the same thing. Atsu was also the best thing at Vitesse last year, and very good for a dysfunctional Ghana side at the world cup.His season last year was infinitely better than "8 million per goal" Willian and "Saving himself for the world cup" Oscar. The fact Schurrle has not being able to displace Willian is testament to the fact that he is a one dimensional selfish player who looks like he belongs in the Swiss super league when he isn't coming off the bench to attack tired defenses. That says everything about him, and nothing about the supposed skill Willian has.

Kick mate you are kidding yourself if you don't think Moses or Atsu couldn't have hit the target from in the box unmarked(how Oscar did) or wiping up an open net after the defense is chasing costa the way Willian did. These two are deadweight, and when Chelsea win the league it will be because the likes of Fabregas,Ramires,Costa, and Remy/Schurrle off the bench were able to do God's work and lift those scrubs to the proverbial promise land.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 am

rofl

I'm done, you keep thinking those thoughts. I'm going to return to the real world. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 am

Kick wrote:rofl

I'm done, you keep thinking those thoughts. I'm going to return to the real world. Laughing

TBF you laughed at me in the past too
Kick wrote:rofl

Perhaps he'll surprised us all and come play for a team in Australia.

More realistic and understandable than this thread.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t32899p18-where-is-mata-going-in-january

I shall be vindicated in May. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am

Lovren gets sold and Southampton have the best defensive record in the league. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 pm

We'll tw@t City this season.

Quote me on that.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next