Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Freeza wrote:We played Varane 2600 minutes when he was 19, and we were "destroying him" hmm
Varane was an exception... according to Mourinho, he came in with the mentality and training discipline of a veteran... he basically forced the manager to play him because out-performed our starters first on the training ground and then in games. You can't expect that from 99,9% of teenagers.

Madrid is an awful place for a kid who's not ready tbh.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Freeza wrote:We played Varane 2600 minutes when he was 19, and we were "destroying him" hmm
Varane was an exception... according to Mourinho, he came in with the mentality and training discipline of a veteran... he basically forced the manager to play him because out-performed our starters first on the training ground and then in games. You can't expect that from 99,9% of teenagers.

Exactly the same attitude Højbjerg has from what I've gathered from all his interviews and Pep praising him. The guy has huge confidence in his ability and he shows the same professionally ethics as Varane did. My point really was that it's hard for any kid to perform for the greatest teams (Barca, Bayern, Madrid) At such a young age, and that Madrid could still be a great place for him if we loan him out. Because I really don't think he's going to feature on a regular basis at any club that is in the running to get him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Freeza wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Exactly the same attitude Højbjerg has from what I've gathered from all his interviews and Pep praising him. The guy has huge confidence in his ability and he shows the same professionally ethics as Varane did. My point really was that it's hard for any kid to perform for the greatest teams (Barca, Bayern, Madrid) At such a young age, and that Madrid could still be a great place for him if we loan him out. Because I really don't think he's going to feature on a regular basis at any club that is in the running to get him.

It's a balancing act.
As you say, I'd rather say let the kids play with the second team, occasional first team minutes, until they're 19/20, THEN they should be loaned out so they can really start for a decent team.
Then, at 21/22 it's crunch time whether they can make it a club at the very top. It's tough of course because the squads are so stacked. Kids also have to be lucky for them to be an opening etc
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Also, every player's development is different I guess.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Btw, whats up with this him being too young thing? R9 was feasting on european defenders at 17 (was top scorer/best player at psv) after he became too big for brazilian football. Messi was beasting at 17/18 in the spanish league. I even remember him ripping chelski a new one back in 06. Pele won a world cup at 17 and from then on, you know the rest. Maradona was beasting for boca at 16 in the argie league, even neymar was having a meal time with those brazilian defenders at 17. To cut long story short, whos good, is good..not everybody will be lulinha, pato, adriano (the drunkard), robinho, freddy adu, iturbe, balo and not every one will be drogba or romario (who were late bloomers), some kids reach their peak early while some take longer, some have longer peaks while some have peaks the size of 6 inches nails, so WTF? these kids should be put on the field and lets enjoy some fresh milk..i need an example of a kid that didnt fulfil his potential because they were too exposed or started their careers too early.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Bankz wrote:Btw, whats up with this him being too young thing? R9 was feasting on european defenders at 17 (was top scorer/best player at psv) after he became too big for brazilian football. Messi was beasting at 17/18 in the spanish league. I even remember him ripping chelski a new one back in 06. Pele won a world cup at 17 and from then on, you know the rest. Maradona was beasting for boca at 16 in the argie league, even neymar was having a meal time with those brazilian defenders at 17. To cut long story short, whos good, is good..not everybody will be lulinha, pato, adriano (the drunkard), robinho, freddy adu, iturbe, balo and not every one will be drogba or romario (who were late bloomers), some kids reach their peak early while some take longer, some have longer peaks while some have peaks the size of 6 inches nails, so WTF? these kids should be put on the field and lets enjoy some fresh milk..i need an example of a kid that didnt fulfil his potential because they were too exposed or started their careers too early.

Don't you think examples would be hard to come by or easy to dismiss? I can think of plenty of examples of players going to higher competition who were very highly thought of but couldn't hack it.

RIP in pieces Le Tallec.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:31 pm

@cujo. Very true. But would it have made a diff if le ta llec had delayed or waited a bit? Do you think he would magically have become a world beater as a result of less exposure? It's all in the mentality and personality along with good mentoring too, not exposure. Its like saying robinho would have mysteriously become better had he left brazil at 23 and not 21.. What if these players keep beasting for another 2 years would it make the pressure any less?..well, it won't. And if it doesn't it brings us back to the issue of mentality. So does it not dispel the matter of expectations?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm

After Ödegard had trained with Bayern's youth team last year, last week he was in München again for 2 days, this time training with the first team under Pep, as Pep confirmed in the pre Augsburg press conference.

Rummenigge, never one to keep quiet when he can just as well make unnecessary statements, told BILD that we're "trying hard to get him to join us" and the he believes "our chances are not bad".
Then he went on to claim that Ödegard "will make a decision in a month", which is again really not his place to declare.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Pep or Rodgers, hard decision hmm
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:34 pm

He'll join us, you just wait and see :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:57 am

He'd walk into the Liverpool midfield, and struggle to break though the Bayern one. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Rumors claim he's currently training with Arsenal. He turns 16 in a few days.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:02 pm

hmm.

Actually there's some condensing reports in Germany that we're about to sign him, maybe as soon as tomorrow, his birthday lol.

Rummenigge made quite a strong statement already, and Pep said stuff publicly too so I'd be inclined to believe they're at least confident of getting him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

He's playing the field and every national paper claims that he's signing with their club.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Yeah read that he's chosen Bayern. Good for him. Brendanda would have ruined him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Freeza wrote:He's playing the field and every national paper claims that he's signing with their club.

That is of course true.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 pm

then he will spend 1-2 seasons on loan at Leverkusen probably Laughing and the story continues... !!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Yeah read that he's chosen Bayern. Good for him. Brendanda would have ruined him.

Yah, just like he ruined Sterling and Coutinho.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:27 pm

goddamn hype lol.

This Ödegaard story has me now watching *bleep* youtube compilations, that's how low I have sunk Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:32 pm

however, all I can see in a clip with the promising name "World's Best Talent: Amazing Skills Show" is a lot of unsuccessful and overeager dribbles against random defenders Laughing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:11 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:then he will spend 1-2 seasons on loan at Leverkusen probably Laughing and the story continues... !!!!

Kroos turned out allright hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Embedded Bayern reporter clown from Sport1 tweets and claims it's done. Would be unusual and embarassing if it wasn't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Sometimes I don't understand the decisions some players make. Like, I know that in any sport if I grew up supporting a club (regardless of what it was) and I had the opportunity to play for them I would take it in a second. Oh well. Sad Maybe it's a money thing which is sad. Where's the passion?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:49 pm

tbh I don't trust the claim it's done yet.

The kid was at Arsenal today, he surely wouldn't do that if everything was settled, so I really don't think there will be a decision so soon.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Next Anelka.

Whoring out to every club he can.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

I really really dislike how much chatter there is about a kid who probably legally can't drive yet lol.

It's not good for him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next