Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
S
DeviAngel
farfan
86 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:09 am

I disagree with Hala. Carlo was the best coach available, but he wouldn't be my first choice manager or even in the top 3 contenders for the job if everybody else was available. His lack of rotation isn't something 'small' to overlook, it's a serious issue. His inability to break the Atlético wall was another big problem. I defended him when he was sacked because I knew there was nobody better available in the market, but I would've packed his bags myself if his replacement was Del Bosque.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:23 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Ramon Calderon said that...

You should never, and I really do mean never, believe or even waste your time reading or listening to what Calderon says. He's a shameless liar and a thief, and knows literally nothing.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:29 am

Finding it hard to imagine.. how someone can know LITERALLY nothing.. would be pretty hard to get through the day, in fact LITERALLY impossible
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:35 am

I should've been more specific, I apologize. I meant he knows literally nothing about what happens behind the curtains at Real Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:39 am

I'd still assume, as a former president, he knows more than you. Wouldn't you agree?

So that means, you know literally less than nothing about what's goin on at Madrid.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:42 am

I'd still choose to rely on my intelligence and power of deduction over blindly nodding along to a serial liar.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:You got to look at sources LOL. Calderon is a thief, probably the worst president we have ever had. He will say anything to discredit Perez.

Mourinho upon signing demanded the control (all part of his bullshit PR campaign saying Madrid needed him, the only one - remember) and when he felt Valdano was in his way, he convinced Perez that either he or Valdano had to go. Keep in mind at first Mourinho delivered despite his antics. But after his last horrific year here and now this year at Chelsea the marketability of Mourinho is at an all time low. Unless Man U get desperate, he will have to go to a smaller team and even then I doubt if there are many takers.

Perez changed the election requirements and thus eliminated most opposition. However, if he keeps this up, there will be opposition and the majority will elect someone else just to get rid of Perez.

re your question above, the first thing that is needed is for Ronaldo to go and Perez to either stop the galactico (or marketing) signings and declare noone is a secure starter. Let the coach decide the best balanced line-up. Once that is done, then there are lots of options as to who coaches. My hope is that Raul (or Xabi Alonso) decide to go to coaches school. I think both are proven leaders with very good futbol knowledge and are great motivators. Both were effectively on field coaches for much of their time here.

Another excellent reply - explains a lot of things and I largely agree.

Yes I remember Mourinho's PR campaign of those days. In the summer of 2009 Madrid didn't want Mourinho. They wanted either Wenger or Ancelotti but Mourinho made it appear in the media that Madrid wanted him. It's only in the summer of 2010 that Madrid actually wanted him. That time I think he was at an all time high in his career after winning the UCL with Inter Milan, a team not known for excelling in Europe. Now as you say he is at an all time low in his career and there are not many takers for him. If ManUtd wanted him they would have signed him by now. They realize that he is not the kind of coach to build their future with.

I am reading that more than one Madrid fan wants Cristiano gone. So you guys don't consider him a Madrid icon of the Zidane, Raul, Casillas, etc. league?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:30 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I disagree with Hala. Carlo was the best coach available, but he wouldn't be my first choice manager or even in the top 3 contenders for the job if everybody else was available. His lack of rotation isn't something 'small' to overlook, it's a serious issue. His inability to break the Atlético wall was another big problem. I defended him when he was sacked because I knew there was nobody better available in the market, but I would've packed his bags myself if his replacement was Del Bosque.

I also think Vicente Del Bosque is the best coach Real Madrid have had in this century so far but he is really old now and has made it clear in the past that he wouldn't ever work with Florentino Perez. In Graham Hunter's book on Spain I have read how unfairly Perez treated him. I am a huge admirer of Del Bosque. He must be the most successful football manager ever if we consider both club and international football.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:33 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Ramon Calderon said that...

You should never, and I really do mean never, believe or even waste your time reading or listening to what Calderon says. He's a shameless liar and a thief, and knows literally nothing.

Point taken.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
breva wrote:

By the way, winning or not winning makes little difference to Perez when he perceives a manager is accruing too much power.
That's your own opinion right? This is terribly wrong and there is no proof of anything like that since Perez returned at the club. Winning and losing is the only thing that makes a difference for Perez

I dont really care what that schmuck journalist pretends to know, it's theory is laughable from my point of view. But since he knows x,yz, and he probably right Laughing

Capello.

Charlie Stillitano is not a journalist.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:12 pm

chad4401 wrote:who cares if he knows them personally? that doesn't exempt you from making shit up to match trends, in fact that what most the posters do here anyway.

if that statement doesn't sound stupid to you, goes to show how far fans like you and the rest in this thread would go, if its anti-madrid which is what most posters do on here anyway.

It would be rather silly for me to make "something up" that was voiced on the most popular radio show on soccer in the U.S. (The Football Show on Sirius) that others that post here listen to, and the veracity of which can be easily confirmed by listening to transcripts available on line. You may disagree with Stillitano's assessment , and that's fine, but accusing other posters of "making things up" is inappropriate.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:17 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:You got to look at sources LOL. Calderon is a thief, probably the worst president we have ever had. He will say anything to discredit Perez.

Mourinho upon signing demanded the control (all part of his bullshit PR campaign saying Madrid needed him, the only one - remember) and when he felt Valdano was in his way, he convinced Perez that either he or Valdano had to go. Keep in mind at first Mourinho delivered despite his antics. But after his last horrific year here and now this year at Chelsea the marketability of Mourinho is at an all time low. Unless Man U get desperate, he will have to go to a smaller team and even then I doubt if there are many takers.

Perez changed the election requirements and thus eliminated most opposition. However, if he keeps this up, there will be opposition and the majority will elect someone else just to get rid of Perez.

re your question above, the first thing that is needed is for Ronaldo to go and Perez to either stop the galactico (or marketing) signings and declare noone is a secure starter. Let the coach decide the best balanced line-up. Once that is done, then there are lots of options as to who coaches. My hope is that Raul (or Xabi Alonso) decide to go to coaches school. I think both are proven leaders with very good futbol knowledge and are great motivators. Both were effectively on field coaches for much of their time here.

Yes I remember Mourinho's PR campaign of those days. In the summer of 2009 Madrid didn't want Mourinho. They wanted either Wenger or Ancelotti but Mourinho made it appear in the media that Madrid wanted him. It's only in the summer of 2010 that Madrid actually wanted him. That time I think he was at an all time high in his career after winning the UCL with Inter Milan, a team not known for excelling in Europe. Now as you say he is at an all time low in his career and there are not many takers for him. If ManUtd wanted him they would have signed him by now. They realize that he is not the kind of coach to build their future with.

I am reading that more than one Madrid fan wants Cristiano gone. So you guys don't consider him a Madrid icon of the Zidane, Raul, Casillas, etc. league?

Ronaldo is at this point a has been. His best years are behind him. He has lost speed, his moves are too predictable now and he is a terrible team player. His free kick skill has virtually disappeared. His lack of interest in defensive duties kills any hope of fielding a balanced line-up. The best thing going forward is to sell him. There are other things wrong with our line-up, but that is the most glaring and major problem. He will be considered a legend after he is gone, because of the number of goals that he obtained. But in my mind (keep in mind that I have been around this club longer than most (I'm 68)), he is nowhere near the status of Zidane, Raul, Casillas, De Stefano, Puskas, original Ronaldo, etc etc. My view is based on his poor team play and his constant diving and whining.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Del bosque is unarguably madrids best coach for some decades now tbh.. Like in 2, 3 decades. Yeah I know it sounds really long but take the time out to think bout it.

Demon of carthage is beginning to become my fav real madrid poster here. I think he says the truth irrespective most of the time too.

For instance he said zidane is a confirm puppet of perez which is basically true. Even when most real fans seem to be carried away by the zizou fanfare. Btw, Anyone who thinks otherwise Is a joker.

He admitted that ancelotti wasn't all we all make him out to be even in a time where all real madrid fans are acting like he's suddenly some new slice bread when virtually all of them wanted him out when he was in real.

He also admitted several times that the BBC isn't good enough and that ronaldo needs to go.

He admitted that bale isn't useful as a creative outlet in the team. Even when it seemed like benitez was trying all he could to fit him in and even when he scored the odd goals here and there.

He said that VDB is the best coach madrid could have which is impressive considering that most fans here hardly even think bout or acknowledge him when talking bout top coaches..

I admire him for that. Standing for the truth even when it has to do with your club, something we can't say bout most of us here, including me.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Ronaldo is at this point a has been. His best years are behind him. He has lost speed, his moves are too predictable now and he is a terrible team player. His free kick skill has virtually disappeared. His lack of interest in defensive duties kills any hope of fielding a balanced line-up. The best thing going forward is to sell him. There are other things wrong with our line-up, but that is the most glaring and major problem. He will be considered a legend after he is gone, because of the number of goals that he obtained. But in my mind (keep in mind that I have been around this club longer than most (I'm 68)), he is nowhere near the status of Zidane, Raul, Casillas, De Stefano, Puskas, original Ronaldo, etc etc. My view is based on his poor team play and his constant diving and whining.

Thanks for the reply. Your comments make good sense to me.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Bankz wrote:Del bosque is unarguably madrids best coach for some decades now tbh.. Like in 2, 3 decades. Yeah I know it sounds really long but take the time out to think bout it.

Demon of carthage is beginning to become my fav real madrid poster here. I think he says the truth irrespective most of the time too.

For instance he said zidane is a confirm puppet of perez which is basically true. Even when most real fans seem to be carried away by the zizou fanfare. Btw, Anyone who thinks otherwise Is a joker.

He admitted that ancelotti wasn't all we all make him out to be even in a time where all real madrid fans are acting like he's suddenly some new slice bread when virtually all of them wanted him out when he was in real.

He also admitted several times that the BBC isn't good enough and that ronaldo needs to go.

He admitted that bale isn't useful as a creative outlet in the team. Even when it seemed like benitez was trying all he could to fit him in and even when he scored the odd goals here and there.

He said that VDB is the best coach madrid could have which is impressive considering that most fans here hardly even think bout or acknowledge him when talking bout top coaches..

I admire him for that. Standing for the truth even when it has to do with your club, something we can't say bout most of us here, including me.

I'm speechless. You've humbled me with your moving post. Thank you, sir.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Not a very popular opinion , but isn't Del Bosque a bit lucky ?
he walked into two perfect situations at the right time to capitalize on already built and solid structures .
He took over Madrid a year after they won the CL and just as they began their early Galactico era .
He took over a spanish team that was molded by Aragones and made even stronger by the rise of Pepcelona .

In his only job outside of these two , he lasted less than a year.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:14 pm

farfan wrote:Not a very popular opinion , but isn't Del Bosque a bit lucky ?
he walked into two perfect situations at the right time to capitalize on already built and solid structures .
He took over Madrid a year after they won the CL and just as they began their early Galactico era .
He took over a spanish team that was molded by Aragones and made even stronger by the rise of Pepcelona .

In his only job outside of these two , he lasted less than a year.

Reminds me of a certain ex Barca, current bayern manager
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:15 pm

And who would that be I suppose? hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 am

Odd that Farfan mentioned Don Vicente. From what I remember, he was head coach before (twice I think) and both were temporary fixes. The (assumed) third time, Madrid were not only outside UCL qualification, the club was in serious debt and getting pummeled by the likes of Zaragoza and Vigo. At the time, they were both good sides but still, Madrid were in real turmoil and this was half way through the 1999/2000 season.

Not even sure why RG compared both Pep and Don Vicente's stints either. Barcelona, when the former got hired, were just in need of some direction. They had the players and structure already in place. Madrid, however, had institutional failure both on the field and off of it. The club was really in a crisis (not the supposed one with Rafa) and Don Vicente inherited a broken, egotistic squad that he really got the best of within a couple of months including beating the defending UCL champs in their own backyard and Bayern.

He was lucky he got hired for the 3rd time but what happen after wasn't luck at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 am

Doc wrote:Odd that Farfan mentioned Don Vicente. From what I remember, he was head coach before (twice I think) and both were temporary fixes. The (assumed) third time, Madrid were not only outside UCL qualification, the club was in serious debt and getting pummeled by the likes of Zaragoza and Vigo. At the time, they were both good sides but still, Madrid were in real turmoil and this was half way through the 1999/2000 season.

Not even sure why RG compared both Pep and Don Vicente's stints either. Barcelona, when the former got hired, were just in need of some direction. They had the players and structure already in place. Madrid, however, had institutional failure both on the field and off of it. The club was really in a crisis (not the supposed one with Rafa) and Don Vicente inherited a broken, egotistic squad that he really got the best of within a couple of months including beating the defending UCL champs in their own backyard and Bayern.

He was lucky he got hired for the 3rd time but what happen after wasn't luck at all.

Sounds a lot like Pep to me really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:22 am

Was Barcelona really that broken? I remember the season Don Vicente was hired, Madrid were really shit. I genuinely can't recall that edition of Barcelona being that bad. The squad Pep had was very egotistical, lacked motivation and kinda lazy but I would never consider them broken nor did Barcelona had any real institutional failures at that time.

Hmm, I kinda now get what Futbol has been arguing about now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:31 am

Pep fanboys are unbearable. Every where running around blabbing he built that built this.. Germany won world cup because of him. Zidane plays possession and possession means copies guardiola. What the hell. This is messi/ Benzema level fanboyism but for a coach.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:31 am

Depends how you define broken tbh.

But regardless i disagree they had the players as most of the team changed.

Some direction understates it significantly IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 am

Adit wrote:Pep fanboys are unbearable. Every where running around blabbing he built that built this.. Germany won world cup because of him. Zidane plays possession and possession means copies guardiola. What the hell. This is messi/ Benzema level fanboyism but for a coach.

You are imagining things, i didn't say that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Adit wrote:Pep fanboys are unbearable. Every where running around blabbing he built that built this.. Germany won world cup because of him. Zidane plays possession and possession means copies guardiola. What the hell. This is messi/ Benzema level fanboyism but for a coach.

You are imagining things, i didn't say that.

Didn't mean you. It's more in line with Doc saying now he know what futbol is talking about.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:43 am

I have explained myself before anyway.

I give him credit for reigniting Henry, Eto'o( if only for a season Laughing ), Abidal and getting rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. Making Xavi and Iniesta fulcrum points ( they wasn't under Rijkaard, don't take my word for it as Xavi said so himself) promoting Busquets and to some extent signing Alves and Pique.

But that's it, which is what i meant by i don't agree with Doc that they had the players and structure and just needed direction. I don't agree with that at all as seen by the fact most of the team changed.

Problem with Futbol is he gives him no credit what so ever Laughing i don't particularly believe that what i'm saying is particularly fanboyish tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next