Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
S
DeviAngel
farfan
86 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:13 pm

I have explained myself before anyway.

I give him credit for reigniting Henry, Eto'o( if only for a season Laughing ), Abidal and getting rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. Making Xavi and Iniesta fulcrum points ( they wasn't under Rijkaard, don't take my word for it as Xavi said so himself) promoting Busquets and to some extent signing Alves and Pique.

But that's it, which is what i meant by i don't agree with Doc that they had the players and structure and just needed direction. I don't agree with that at all as seen by the fact most of the team changed.

Problem with Futbol is he gives him no credit what so ever Laughing i don't particularly believe that what i'm saying is particularly fanboyish tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by Doc Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Yup, it's why I only kinda see where he is arguing. My fundamental disagreement with dear Futbol is that he really doesn't give the man any real credit to his work which he really did. Hell, he changed Barcelona quite a bit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have explained myself before anyway.

I give him credit for reigniting Henry, Eto'o( if only for a season Laughing ), Abidal and getting rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. Making Xavi and Iniesta fulcrum points ( they wasn't under Rijkaard, don't take my word for it as Xavi said so himself) promoting Busquets and to some extent signing Alves and Pique.

But that's it, which is what i meant by i don't agree with Doc that they had the players and structure and just needed direction. I don't agree with that at all as seen by the fact most of the team changed.

Problem with Futbol is he gives him no credit what so ever Laughing i don't particularly believe that what i'm saying is particularly fanboyish tbh.

Eto'o was great the following season, he didn't bitch or moan at all in a season where he was made to play left-back and soldiered his way to another treble.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:21 pm

I know but that has nothing to do with Pep hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 pm

breva wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
breva wrote:

By the way, winning or not winning makes little difference to Perez when he perceives a manager is accruing too much power.
That's your own opinion right? This is terribly wrong and there is no proof of anything like that since Perez returned at the club. Winning and losing is the only thing that makes a difference for Perez

I dont really care what that schmuck journalist pretends to know, it's theory is laughable from my point of view. But since he knows x,yz, and he probably right Laughing

Capello.

Charlie Stillitano is not a journalist.
perez never hired or sacked capello. just fail again, fail on fail on fail
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Ok, the way you phrased that I thought you meant Eto'o turned bad the following season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Adit wrote:Pep fanboys are unbearable. Every where running around blabbing he built that built this.. Germany won world cup because of him. Zidane plays possession and possession means copies guardiola. What the hell. This is messi/ Benzema level fanboyism but for a coach.

but i was right in the end though Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:23 pm

breva wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
breva wrote:

By the way, winning or not winning makes little difference to Perez when he perceives a manager is accruing too much power.
That's your own opinion right? This is terribly wrong and there is no proof of anything like that since Perez returned at the club. Winning and losing is the only thing that makes a difference for Perez

I dont really care what that schmuck journalist pretends to know, it's theory is laughable from my point of view. But since he knows x,yz, and he probably right Laughing

Capello.

you do know florentino and capello never crossed paths right? even the first time capello left, lorenzo sanz was president. and capello wasn't even fired, he left cos he couldn't stand lorenzo. the second time, ramon calderon was president. both these times, florentino perez wasn't even a member of their regime. he was a socio but he never worked with lorenzo in any capacity, neither did he work with calderon when calderon was president....your times are off. and btw the only coach who won that florentino fired was del bosque...camacho, garcia ramon, luxemborgo, juande ramos, pellegrini, mourinho, rafa; none of them won prior to florentino letting them go. 3 of them were fired in the middle of the season, and that's about it
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Doc wrote:Odd that Farfan mentioned Don Vicente. From what I remember, he was head coach before (twice I think) and both were temporary fixes. The (assumed) third time, Madrid were not only outside UCL qualification, the club was in serious debt and getting pummeled by the likes of Zaragoza and Vigo. At the time, they were both good sides but still, Madrid were in real turmoil and this was half way through the 1999/2000 season.

Not even sure why RG compared both Pep and Don Vicente's stints either. Barcelona, when the former got hired, were just in need of some direction. They had the players and structure already in place. Madrid, however, had institutional failure both on the field and off of it. The club was really in a crisis (not the supposed one with Rafa) and Don Vicente inherited a broken, egotistic squad that he really got the best of within a couple of months including beating the defending UCL champs in their own backyard and Bayern.

He was lucky he got hired for the 3rd time but what happen after wasn't luck at all.

Sounds a lot like Pep to me really.

it doesn't, del bosque came in at the middle of the season, we were in 7th 8th 9th position or lower, and he didn't sign one player in christmas when he came in, the team would finish 6th or 5th and win the ucl at the end of the season. the club was in the toilet. players were having public spats with the president (ferrari boys), john toshac the previous manager was having public spats with the president and players; he said suker was overpaid when the previous year suker brought a teddy bear for his girlfriend, who was a model or actress. he slammed president sanz (rightly so) for his incompetence in the tabloids, and when asked by (i think it was a marca reporter), if he wished to take it back, he said he would when pigs fly over the bernabeau. sanz sacked him almost immediately after that, and got del bosque in, in november/december

earlier that summer, when mcmanaman was brought in, raul went to the media and basically said someone had lied to mcmanaman that he was joining a great club, that the club is in complete turmoil and he feels bad for mcmanaman getting to witness this mess

seedorf had gotten into a fist fight with hierro in the locker room over a free kick; then he (Seedorf) got into another fight with ivan campo in a training session that the cameras caught; seedorf would subsequently be sold in the january transfer window.anelka who had just signed to the club earlier that summer had been told that some players didn't want him, and when his form was poor, he went to the media and said raul only passes to morientes.

oh and when del bosque was hired in november or december (you think cristiano's a diva), anelka took a video recording of a crucial goal he scored,  and in the video, del bosque didn't celebrate anelka's goal, anelka threw a fit, didn't show up to training, was fined and suspended (he'd make up for it with his bayern goal in the semis)... totally different scenarios. and on paper all the teams in the last 4 of the ucl that year were better than madrid; mendieta's valencia, figo and rivaldo's barcelona, effenberg's bayern.....oh and we had a young iker in goal too

Last edited by titosantill on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 am

Took you long enough to respond Titto. You know you are the Madrid historian in these parts...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 am

titosantill wrote:
breva wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote: That's your own opinion right? This is terribly wrong and there is no proof of anything like that since Perez returned at the club. Winning and losing is the only thing that makes a difference for Perez

Capello.

you do know florentino and capello never crossed paths right? even the first time capello left, lorenzo sanz was president. and capello wasn't even fired, he left cos he couldn't stand lorenzo. the second time, ramon calderon was president. both these times, florentino perez wasn't even a member of their regime. he was a socio but he never worked with lorenzo in any capacity, neither did he work with calderon when calderon was president....your times are off. and btw the only coach who won that florentino fired was del bosque...camacho, garcia ramon, luxemborgo, juande ramos, pellegrini, mourinho, rafa; none of them won prior to florentino letting them go. 3 of them were fired in the middle of the season, and that's about it

"In one calendar year, the 55-year-old Italian manager went from Champions League winner to the 12th man fired by Perez over a 12 year span. That group includes Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Fabio Capello, and Bernd Schuster."

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/05/25/in-a-career-full-of-blunders-firing-carlo-ancelotti-is-florentino-perezs-worst-mistake-yet/
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:50 am

that doesn't make it any more true rofl

Also Perez didn't fire Schuster either, did he? Laughing

That article ffs
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 am

breva wrote:
titosantill wrote:
breva wrote:

Capello.

"In one calendar year, the 55-year-old Italian manager went from Champions League winner to the 12th man fired by Perez over a 12 year span. That group includes Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Fabio Capello, and Bernd Schuster."

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/05/25/in-a-career-full-of-blunders-firing-carlo-ancelotti-is-florentino-perezs-worst-mistake-yet/
You know nothing, nothing at all, it's almost appalling the articles you bring up here to justify your funky theories.

Seriously, just shut up and go open a book or something, or just shut up all together trying to talk about things you dont know about.

what a joke, this is embarrassing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:01 am

that's why you must get your stories from reliable sources. this is an example of what makes the internet dangerous. florentino did NOT fire capello, neither did he fire schuster....this is embarrassing. and they pay these writers for this; OR it was lost in translation, and you are the one not computing, the writer may be talking about real madrid in general, although i think its the former, and its a writer who hasn't done his research, wasn't following the team when things happened, or is just lazy.

timeline; florentino left the club halfway in the 05/06 season. we had an interim president (i can't remember his name, some really old dude). calderon took over at the start of the 06/07 campaign, promised cesc, kaka, robben, and david villa. hired capello (mijatovic the sporting director who had played for capello insisted they get him). after winning liga, calderon fired capello ; the team was poor in january, sevilla, barcelona (with a game in hand), valencia, zaragoza and maybe villareal were ahead of us. calderon had taken the decision as early as january

after winning the league, capello's sacked and calderon hires schuster. schuster wins the league but problems occur the next season; thin squad, ageing squad, major long term injuries, schuster says the team cannot beat barcelona, a day before el clasico and he's let go. calderon kicked out for election malpractice before the january window. bouluda his vice becomes interim president, and hires juande ramos to take the team to close the season

throughout the 07/08 season, marca and AS have been begging for florentino to return. pictures of florentino and ronaldo (the original) and zidane do the rounds all over the spanish dailys and calderon is angry, and slams the media and florentino. by the summer, the calls are even louder and florentino comes in, for the 08/09 season and hires pellegrini. i'm not even sure he sacked jaunde ramos, juande's contract was over. pellegrini sacked, hires mourinho, mourinho sacked, hires ancelotti, then rafa, and then zidane....

before them it was del bosque, queiroz the scrub, camacho, garcia ramon, luxemborgo, and lopez caro.....that's why i don't trust these papers and articles people bring up to tell me about things i saw and witnessed.

Last edited by titosantill on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:03 am

lol @ doc, nice one. yeah i didn't see the conversation in time
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:04 am

this is what happens when you read or listen to murican media to get informed about european football rofl

@tito, cant believe you took the time to sump it up for him, you are way too nice
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:07 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:this is what happens when you read or listen to murican media to get informed about european football rofl

@tito, cant believe you took the time to sump it up for him, you are way too nice

I'm in tears really. NBC sports rofl

He keeps insisting, instead of looking up Capello and Perez' tenures
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:23 am

I could write an essay on how much I dislike this person.

but to keep it simple. I was furious when I heard he was appointed madrid coach. I was on cloud nine when he was unceremoniously sacked.

Never liked him since his Liverpool days. tactically incompetent and an enemy to attacking football, I hope to never see him anywhere near madrid ever again unless as the opposition.

I wish him well in his future endeavors but good riddance.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:27 am

this is what happens when hating gets too trendy, fans start pulling theories out of their arse and run with it, trying to come off knowledgeable about a club, you clearly don't pay much attention too, like most of the other madrid haters, this is why blind agendas are stupid.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 am

chad4401 wrote:this is what happens when hating gets too trendy, fans start pulling theories out of their arse and run with it, trying to come off knowledgeable about a club, you clearly don't pay much attention too, like most of the other madrid haters, this is why blind agendas are stupid.
Unlike you, I am not so easily swept up by hype, by trend, or postings of opinions as some others here. For one who calls out blind agendas, one is also oblivious to his own folly.

My strong dislike of Benitez started LOOONG before he came to madrid, Chad. His recent failings only reaffirm my rock bottom opinion of him. and I highly doubt nothing you will say will change that.

Benitez wasn't the original problem, but certainly added to Madrid's self destruction.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 am

Carlo: "In the past 6 years Madrid have fired 5 coaches, is it really always the coach's fault? In this instance, I have trouble believing that"

http://www.abc.es/real-madrid/abci-real-madrid-ancelotti-defiende-benitez-y-lanza-mensaje-florentino-201601101722_noticia.html

Even a gentleman like Carlo is coming out against Florentino Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:51 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Carlo: "In the past 6 years Madrid have fired 5 coaches, is it really always the coach's fault? In this instance, I have trouble believing that"

http://www.abc.es/real-madrid/abci-real-madrid-ancelotti-defiende-benitez-y-lanza-mensaje-florentino-201601101722_noticia.html

It's 4 coaches in 6,5 years though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 am

I misquoted that, I think he actually said Zidane will be the 5th in 6, which is accurate if you round down the years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I disagree with Hala. Carlo was the best coach available, but he wouldn't be my first choice manager or even in the top 3 contenders for the job if everybody else was available. His lack of rotation isn't something 'small' to overlook, it's a serious issue. His inability to break the Atlético wall was another big problem. I defended him when he was sacked because I knew there was nobody better available in the market, but I would've packed his bags myself if his replacement was Del Bosque.

if Carlo isn't one of them curious to know who would be your top 3?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:55 am

If you can get Mourinho in 2010 then you obviously go for it.... sacking Pelle was a no brainer.

Mourinho lost the entire locker room, the fans, the country in his 3rd year... it would be easier for me to name off the people he didn't insult in the whole country... namey, Varane, Arbeloa, Alonso and Khedira. I think that's pretty much it. He had to go.

Carlo should have stayed. Flo lost his mind on that one. I thought we were signing Klopp so i was happy about that that option... but for Rafa? That was insane.

Rafa... no explanation needed.

Zidane... we'll see.

So really, he made one bad decision in these past few years regarding coaches. The problem isn't there. It's his transfer market activity that's killed us.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Carlo: "In the past 6 years Madrid have fired 5 coaches, is it really always the coach's fault? In this instance, I have trouble believing that"

Don Carlo always defends his fellow professionals... thats just how he is.
That and there is no denying Florentino Perez is one heck of an incompetent. getting rid of Carlo is beyond sanity.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next