Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season?

+18
lszanto
zigra
VivaStPauli
rwo power
sportsczy
Valkyrja
El Gunner
Mr Nick09
Raptorgunner
Cruijf
Art Morte
MaraVilla
Dante
futbol
Hapless_Hans
The Franchise
izzy
Gil
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season? Empty Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season?

Post by Gil Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Looking at their squad and particularly first XI. Every single player in that side is a World Class player. Unlike Madrid, Barcelona or Chelsea there are no weak links in their team.

Every single player in their strongest starting XI is either the best in the World at their role or at worst Top 3. Arguably the strongest squad EVER ( Mad ) assembled in European club football.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season? Empty Re: Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season?

Post by izzy Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:41 pm

There are weak links in every team AND it's the beginning of the season...............
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season? Empty Re: Should Pep be sacked if Bayern don't win the CL this season?

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Yes, this is how football works.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 pm

lol Gil
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm

I approve this thread. But only because there is nothing else to do during international break.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Obviously no.

Arguably the strongest squad never assembled in European club football

lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm

go home Jil, you're drunk

OT: Yes :coffee:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Gil wrote:
Every single player in their strongest starting XI is either the best in the World at their role or at worst Top 3.

well, at least finally someone gives Boateng the props he deserves Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes, this is how football works.

Jose was only given 3 seasons at Madrid with a worse team and was deemed a failure because he couldn't get past the semis. Expectations are usually higher for the greatest and rightly so in my opinion.

I know luck plays a huge role in CL campaigns but if you look at their squad and the rest of the other contenders, they clearly have a huge advantage in terms of quality. There just seems to be an air of inevitably about this Bayern team like there was for Barca in 2011 or the same club in 2013.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Jose got progressively worse because his relationship with the players did so too. Wasnt JUST results. If he got results in spite of it, maybe it would be been justified but you cant have both obviously. Failure to win and a group of players you dont get along with.

Jose was a failure not because they failed to win the CL, they didnt win anything noteworthy in that final season.

And I dont agree, they dont have a huge advantage in terms of quality. Not at all. Even when they are all fit, I dont believe that but just in reality Ribery is injured and aging and every midfielder they have is injury prone, sadly..from Basti, to Martinez, to Thiago.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Nah, in the CL you can be the best team and still not win it.

On the other hand, retaining the Bundesliga title with this team is hardly anything more than the bare minimum requirement for a successful season for Bayern Munich.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:23 pm

I think something Pep has against him is just how easy the Bundesliga is for Bayern.

With Barca in 2010 he was forgiven for their unlucky exit from the CL because he at least won the league, a fairly worthy achievement. With Bayern, you either win the treble or you're just doing, as Art said, the bare minimum.

I personally don't think results will play a massive factor but more the performances. Bayern last year regressed instead of showing signs of progress and were very deservedly beaten in the semis. If they continuously improve and play to their potential only to unluckily go out I think he should stay. Otherwise I'd sack him.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:25 pm

I think all managers who dont win the CL should be Sacked, and even the manager who won it should be sacked if the win was not convincing. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:33 pm

think it depends how his relationship with his players is. It should always be that, so long as they are not blatantly underperforming. Winning the CL is hard enough...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Everybody claims the 'Bundesliga is easy' for us to win by default, when in fact it is exactly the result of Pep's and the team's work that it looks that way.
90 points last season was the second best of all time, only surpassed by Jupp's 91 points the year before. Not going to enumerate all the other records he broke again.

You've all got it backwards, but don't think for a minute our board makes the same mistake as you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:
And I dont agree, they dont have a huge advantage in terms of quality. Not at all. Even when they are all fit, I dont believe that but just in reality Ribery is injured and aging and every midfielder they have is injury prone, sadly..from Basti, to Martinez, to Thiago.

Exactly that. Before the treble noone would've gotten the idea we've got the best squad of all teams.
Kind of laughable too if you think about how vastly more expensive some of the other clubs' squads are.

What we have is a team that is functioning, has good chemistry and is playing well, and that is the result of, EXACTLY, good management in the last years.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Ahh a thread like this must only mean one thing, it is a sure damn good time to be a Bayern fan right now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:Ahh a thread like this must only mean one thing, it is a sure damn good time to be a Bayern fan right now.

Surely better than 5 months ago
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Buying the best players of all your rivals and putting them on the bench in many cases has nothing to do with Bayern walking all over Bundi i guess Laughing

Been doing it forever dude..... waaaaaay before Pep. That's why Bundi is a one team show most often.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Just you wait for the return of Borussia M'gladbach from the netherworld of the BL table nowadays :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Buying the best players of all your rivals and putting them on the bench in many cases has nothing to do with Bayern walking all over Bundi i guess Laughing

Been doing it forever dude..... waaaaaay before Pep. That's why Bundi is a one team show most often.

well, I guess you're right. There isn't more to it. That's of course also why Real won their league by a mile with Isco and Illaramendi beasting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Wouldn't pin it on the CL win. Would look at the squad, and how it performs.

To me it seems that Bayern are in decline ever since Jupp left. But right now, this season, we can basically say nothing about how Bayern work. Too many injuries for now. When Ribéry, Piggy, and the others are back, and playing regularly, it's time to have a good, thorough look at the whole.

For now I'll just say that Bayern were a less balanced side in Peps first season than they were in Jupps last season. Nothing more, nothing less.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:Buying the best players of all your rivals and putting them on the bench in many cases has nothing to do with Bayern walking all over Bundi i guess Laughing

Current squad, name me please 3 of those players you're talking about. Or let's say one from an actual rival.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:56 am

zigra wrote:

Current squad, name me please 3 of those players you're talking about. Or let's say one from an actual rival.

Dante, Rode, Gotze, Lewandowski, Pizarro and Mandzukic(although did just leave). He means rivals in the way of title rivals, not actual locational rivals.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:30 am

I know Bayern bought not too few players (for example you could add Neuer aswell) from rivals but he was talking about buying them and putting them on the bench. Only two of your list (Rode, Piza) sit on the bench and not only is one of them 36 but both came from clubs that certainly have nothing to do with competing for the title.

Thing is people claim Bayern just buys these players from their top rivals to weaken them but that's just bs. They didn't get Lewandowski, Neuer or Götze to weaken the opponents but because they improve the team and it'll be the same with Reus once they'll buy him.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next