Casciavit
halamadrid2
Bankz
harhar11
BarcaLearning
79 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Although the ratings listed there are a bit wrong. Bale is ahead of Neymar with a 7.81 rating to Neymar's 7.79. Clearly they messed up having Bacca there somehow lol

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by terrance511 Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:50 pm

nolito 3.7 interceptions pg

wow
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Kroos higher pass accuracy than Xavi :bow:

In before hateful hans "but but he only passes sideways and backwards"
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:28 pm

He only passes sideways and backwards

Surprised barca didn't replace Xavi with him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:He only passes sideways and backwards

Surprised barca didn't replace Xavi with him

Because his career moves actually are progressive like his passes hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:01 pm

ronaldo not in xavi top 3

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1785/fifa-ballon-dor/2014/12/23/7350412/xavi-rubbishes-ronaldos-ballon-dor-bid-he-didnt-do-much-at

is there any chance harmonica is xavi in real life?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Xavi:

"He didn't do much in the World Cup, and in a World Cup year, the season is defined by that," the former Spain international said of Ronaldo in an interview with Sport.

"[In first place I would have] Leo, second Philipp Lahm, and third Javier Mascherano."
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:17 pm

What an idiot. Messi was average after the group stages. And if you want to go by wc performances james wiped all three of them to the ground.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:22 pm

i hope xavi becomes a coach after he retires .

the amount of butthurt and excuses after every loss would be hilarious .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Xavi rofl
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Coach Xavi : We had more possession
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:34 pm

did he say something wrong?
did ronaldo not infact have a horrible world cup? or are you guys arguing that he did.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Brings up the WC and excludes Neuer, James, and Muller rofl

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Donuts wrote:did he say something wrong? .

It depends, does messi deserve to win based on his WC performances? Or was the bit about ronaldo the only aspect of his comment that registered with you?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Ronaldo played the WC with a screwed up pataller tendon and hamstring tendonitis, yet scored one and assisted one in three games with probably one of the WORST teams in the WC. His world cup was average but portugal are absolute trash. And he still played the WC injured.

Messi scored against the worst team in the tournament, iran. Granted nigeria are a good team, but messi didn't do anything in the knockout stages. His overall play was shocking, despite having a team with higuain, palacio, aguero, and di maria built around him, he turned over the ball countless times. The defense got them to the final. Mascherano is a worthy candidate but we know that people don't rate defenders
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 pm

i dont see how this has to do with messi
xavi said ronaldo had a bad world cup, it'd be hard to disagree wouldn't it?

portugal are hardly the worst team individually they are actually more of the top 10 just players didn't show up, one of those players being ronaldo.
if you look at players in teams
honduras, costa rica, korea, switzerland, bosnia, ecuador, greece, russia, iran
all have almost unknowns in their team..

and thats me excluding some African teams because i honestly don't have too much knowledge on their players... but i doubt Algeria/Nigeria is much better players than Portugal
also all of ronaldo's coaches said he was fit the only one who disagreed was some random friend who talked to the papers which tbh i wouldn't blame him after watching his buddy play that crappy.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:49 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo played the WC with a screwed up pataller tendon and hamstring tendonitis, yet scored one and assisted one in three games with probably one of the WORST teams in the WC. His world cup was average but portugal are absolute trash. And he still played the WC injured.

Messi scored against the worst team in the tournament, iran. Granted nigeria are a good team, but messi didn't do anything in the knockout stages. His overall play was shocking, despite having a team with higuain, palacio, aguero, and di maria built around him, he turned over the ball countless times. The defense got them to the final. Mascherano is a worthy candidate but we know that people don't rate defenders

Laughing rofl

Pls, Giggity, you flatter us too much.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:49 pm

I wonder what Xavi said after Messi won the 2010 Balon D'Or in a world cup year.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Xavi plays for Barcelona and would hardly ever gives RM any credit so don't expect the same for a player currently at RM. Donuts has long been a poster who has hardly had anything positive to say Ronaldo or RM so again, don't expect any objective analysis on either subject.

With that being said, Cristiano did have a poor WC. So did Messi in 2010. Whatever reasoning you had for Messi deserved to win in 2010, insert Ronaldo's name instead.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 pm

your mistake is that you think i'm pushing for messi to winning the award.
i already said ronaldo had a better year and will 99% win it, based on the champions league and recent goal form.

what i am debating is whether or not ronaldo had a good or bad world cup.. because that is what xavi was talking about and someone brought that up.
i thought it was pretty obvious to everyone he had a bad one but some disagree.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Ayoze Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo played the WC with a screwed up pataller tendon and hamstring tendonitis, yet scored one and assisted one in three games with probably one of the WORST teams in the WC. His world cup was average but portugal are absolute trash. And he still played the WC injured.

Portugal would have got through if Ronaldo didn't mess up loads and loads of chances in the last game.

Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria and Palacio were all completely terrible in the world cup and Messi had to do things by himself going forward apart from the first half of the final when Lavezzi helped before bizarrely getting replaced.

Robben should win it anyway

Last edited by Wor Ayoze on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wor Ayoze
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Messi scored against the worst team in the tournament, iran. Granted nigeria are a good team, but messi didn't do anything in the knockout stages. His overall play was shocking, despite having a team with higuain, palacio, aguero, and di maria built around him, he turned over the ball countless times. The defense got them to the final. Mascherano is a worthy candidate but we know that people don't rate defenders

Regardless of how bad those teams were his goal against Bosnia, his goal against Iran and his two goals against Nigeria got Argentina the 9 points, take those away they only get two points in those three games. He assisted the winner in Switzerland game for Di Maria and played apart in providing the winner in Belgium game, so he played a part in 6 of 8 Argentina goals.

Aguero was injured in the second game or third game, Higuain we all know is a scrub as is Levezzi, Di Maria and Masche are the only reliable Argentina players, Di Maria was injured. Argentina parked the bus the whole way through the KO phases having only 2-3 attackers out at most of course his over all play wouldn't be good when your trying to defend for your life. You miss the point that Messi created the most scoring chances at the WC with all that attacking talent I wonder why they couldn't finish it, maybe we should blame Messi for their finishing as well.

And in no way am I saying Messi deserves the ballon D'or not even top 3 in my opinion, but this thing of down playing his WC performance his getting ridiculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but even Mourinho said it during one of his interviews after the WC.

“He sacrificed himself for the good of the team.

“He was more focused on winning the tournament than being its best player.”

“I saw him playing in areas of the pitch where he doesn’t usually play. He dropped deep and picked up the ball a long way from the opposition’s goal.

“Messi has my utmost respect for what he did at the World Cup.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:19 am

Donuts wrote:also all of ronaldo's coaches said he was fit the only one who disagreed was some random friend who talked to the papers which tbh i wouldn't blame him after watching his buddy play that crappy.

Do you really think Ronaldo was fit during the WC ? I don't say that he had a good world cup, but there is now way he was fit. I saw Ronaldo having bad games, but I've never seen him incapable of running.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:03 am

izzy wrote:

Laughing rofl

Pls, Giggity, you flatter us too much.
still one of the better african teams. unlike cameroon who got raped every game :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:05 am

Wor Ayoze wrote:

Portugal would have got through if Ronaldo didn't mess up loads and loads of chances in the last game.

Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria and Palacio were all completely terrible in the world cup and Messi had to do things by himself going forward apart from the first half of the final when Lavezzi helped before bizarrely getting replaced.

Robben should win it anyway

Loads of chances Laughing the usa midfield dominated portugals. Let me repeat that.

The USA's midfield dominated portugals rofl

Tendonitis doesn't just disappear.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/10911138/Cristiano-Ronaldos-World-Cup-could-be-over-after-knee-injury-flares-up-ahead-of-Portugals-clash-against-USA.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2648203/Cristiano-Ronaldo-nursing-two-injuries-ahead-World-Cup-Portugal-star-remains-doubt.html

Take a sports medicine class and talk to me donuts
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:07 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Messi scored against the worst team in the tournament, iran. Granted nigeria are a good team, but messi didn't do anything in the knockout stages. His overall play was shocking, despite having a team with higuain, palacio, aguero, and di maria built around him, he turned over the ball countless times. The defense got them to the final. Mascherano is a worthy candidate but we know that people don't rate defenders

Regardless of how bad those teams were his goal against Bosnia, his goal against Iran and his two goals against Nigeria got Argentina the 9 points, take those away they only get two points in those three games. He assisted the winner in Switzerland game for Di Maria and played apart in providing the winner in Belgium game, so he played a part in 6 of 8 Argentina goals.

Aguero was injured in the second game or third game, Higuain we all know is a scrub as is Levezzi, Di Maria and Masche are the only reliable Argentina players, Di Maria was injured. Argentina parked the bus the whole way through the KO phases having only 2-3 attackers out at most of course his over all play wouldn't be good when your trying to defend for your life. You miss the point that Messi created the most scoring chances at the WC with all that attacking talent I wonder why they couldn't finish it, maybe we should blame Messi for their finishing as well.

And in no way am I saying Messi deserves the ballon D'or not even top 3 in my opinion, but this thing of down playing his WC performance his getting ridiculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but even Mourinho said it during one of his interviews after the WC.

“He sacrificed himself for the good of the team.

“He was more focused on winning the tournament than being its best player.”

“I saw him playing in areas of the pitch where he doesn’t usually play. He dropped deep and picked up the ball a long way from the opposition’s goal.

“Messi has my utmost respect for what he did at the World Cup.

Portugal have players like postiga, no-end product nani, eder Laughing don't get me started on the midfield. Laughing CR has to carry those sunday league scrubs by himself.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next