So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

+65
dostoevsky
Lord Spencer
izzy
Rebaño Sagrado
Curtinho
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
Wor Ayoze
DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
junkyard
Busby Babe
MaraVilla
VanDeezNuts
Freeza
VendettaRed07
Forza
Donuts
McLewis
mr-r34
Casciavit
nadinkrah
zigra
Rev
Mr Nick09
daneq
LeVersacci
farfan
El Gunner
Gil
Pedram
Dante
futbol
rwo power
Katy Perry
sportsczy
terrance511
B-Mac
Lex
elm_baraja_shaman
Sri
Shed
nasir6371
Glory
EL Patron
Red Alert
Art Morte
fatman123
CBarca
Doc
Zealous
Onyx
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
McAgger
Robespierre
RealGunner
Lupi
Cruijf
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
M99
69 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 13 Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Shouldn't Newcastle be interested in Pulis? Or do they want someone more extravagant?

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 13 Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Pulis wouldn't really suit what we have but just like Moyes (before he went to Sociedad) I'd be happy enough with that.

The only one I don't want is Bruce, he's the only manager who has actually managed to be worse than Pardew in last 2 and a half years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:21 pm

El Cujo wrote:Newcastle could use a big time manager. They have a pretty talented team. That said Frank de Boer is not the guy you want if you are already frustrated with Pardew. He values work ethic over skill, doesn't know the meaning of 'tactical flexibility' and has no idea how to mentally prepare a team for big games.

He's still young and has a lot to learn about being a manager though so maybe Newcastle would be a good step for him.

I think it's just a random link because he talked about us being a "sleeping giant " last year when talking about the Spurs job.

Plus the obviously Dutch link, I know nothing about him as a manager. But the main issues with Pardew on the pitch were style of play, crap tactics and just overall fear of attacking the opposition.

He was shit scared of losing and we always played with fear because of it and we didn't even set up to win matches.

His overall negative attitude was poisonous to the club, anyone who doesn't share those characteristics will be fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:30 pm

MaraVilla wrote:

Carragher's reaction after hearing Colo's the front runner for the job Laughing

rofl
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The only reason he's there is so the media can come back and call us delusional when it doesn't obviously happen.

Like *bleep* clockwork.
Why would he not leave for Newcastle? We have Ayoze, who is the new Santiago Muñez, and we are a top 10 club in England, plus he'd be able to tap into that German market and get us your boi Hummus.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:45 pm

:facepalm:

So let me get this straight;

First, Palace thought it woul be a bright idea to have Ian Holloway be our manager in the Prem and actually think we would stay up with him? Laughing

Then , they wise up and bring in Pulis who took over the club when we only had 4pts and then goes on to win 41 *bleep* POINTS and keep us up, with games to spare.

However, you find a way to piss him off so much so that he fcks off 1 (ONE FCKING WEEK) before the season starts and you bring in this thing;

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 13 269103_1

He blames the ref EVERY TIME we don't win a game but....................................................

......................... you seem to show sense and get rid of him..................................................

....................but your replacement is this;

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 13 Alan-Pardew-headbutt

You can't make this up. Laughing

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:45 pm

I still expect you to stay up the teams in the bottom half are just that bad.

Anyway....

@CaulkinTheTimes
#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

@CaulkinTheTimes
Just my reading of it, but I'd imagine that would rule out a few usual suspects. The search is on - and not confined to the UK.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 am

you up for a head coach?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:22 am

Well yeah, Pardew was never in charge of transfers anyway and compounded issues by being a crap coach.

It makes sense that we get a coach whose biggest responsibility is to improve the players and as always the transfers will be handled by our head of scout as it has for ages.

Also it didn't help we kept buying technically gifted players suited to a certain style of football but had a manager who had ideas of the complete opposite.

Just depends on who that head coach is lol, because the setup is very European don't mean the choice will be lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:26 am

Frank Rijkaard to coach Newcastle :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:31 am

Bruce, Pulis and Sherwood ruled out banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm telling you... Newcastle will hire a french coach.  They recruit mostly there anyhow and NONE of the managers have a say in transfers here to begin with.  They're already used to working like this.

My list?  Rene Girard, Christian Gourcuff, Remi Garde, Herve Renard and Sabri Lamouchi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Well I do know one thing, English coach seems highly unlikely considering the only one who would accept such conditions is probably McLaren the rest will likely want full control.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I don't give two *bleep* who Newcastle buy or sell, I should get the job on a decent wage.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Packet of McCoy's and can of white lightning Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Proud maybe a swig of some half empty special brew.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:37 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2892557/Newcastle-sound-Thomas-Tuchel-told-German-coach-does-not-want-return-employment-summer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Genuinely would wank till I passed out and ended up in hospital with a heart attack.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Spoiler:
I advice him :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Seedorf hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:16 pm

Seedorf would look great in a black and white scarf hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Almost seems like he's tailor made for the job hmm (pun intended)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Ayoze Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm telling you... Newcastle will hire a french coach.  They recruit mostly there anyhow and NONE of the managers have a say in transfers here to begin with.  They're already used to working like this.

My list?  Rene Girard, Christian Gourcuff, Remi Garde, Herve Renard and Sabri Lamouchi.
What's Galtier like?

Wor Ayoze
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 pm

Galtier is fine but i doubt he leaves St Etienne mid-season. In fact, i don't think Girard will leave Lille either... unless they encourage it since Lille has been crap this season.

Garde, Renard and Lamouchi are the likeliest with Gourcuff as a possibility if he decides to leave Algeria NT.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we wait till the summer anyway, obviously there is much better options available then.

If it means getting a good manager in the summer then I'm personally ok with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:35 pm

NUFC fans ( Mole , Wor Ayoze ... not Tom Laughing ) do you think the derby lost against Sunderland in 90'minute was decisive so as to deteriorate definitely the tuning Newcastle-Pardew ? he wasn't already loved, but the derby lost against the enemies, (4th in a row, 3th in St James' Park ) increased the intollerance towards him .. and probably he realized about the impossibilty to continue together..
I have this feeling seen from afar .. it causes negatives repercussions always when you lose the derby in this way , expecially if it is a negative trend, and expecially if it happens in realities when the derby is almost equal to a cup , because you can't compete to win trophies
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Yes, especially the end of last season defeat. The atmosphere was absolutely toxic there on after especially against Cardiff.

Which was pure hatred and it visibly had an effect on Pardew as he hid under the dugout all game. The derby defeats have definitely made it even easier to hate him.

Plus the protests at the beginning of this season, his face against Stoke ( I think) spoke for itself. The bloke had cracked.

He put on a brave face in press conferences etc but you could tell he'd basically packed it in to the point of return.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next