Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RED wrote:To pick up on the point of users being too busy to post, that is understandable.

But speaking for myself, even when working or being too pre-occupied, I still have time to log in and check up on discussions; either on my comp or my phone.

I personally feel many are losing interest in the forum, whether they would like to admit or not, maybe they don't realize it yet. just my opinion.

Then we should get more posters alreaady ffs, that's the only soution.

We are getting more posters. The issue is getting them to stay and become more active. Many just post in the introduction thread then leave.

edit: for example, this is from the birthdays coming up this week. Check out these users, I've never seen them before yet 2 or 3 of them have been registered since the start of the forum:

Barca2211 (30), GiuseDG97 (17), , mesut ozil (21), ozil23 (20)

The highest post count is from Barca2211, with a paltry 53 posts......since 2011.

Last edited by RED on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 pm

RED wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RED wrote:To pick up on the point of users being too busy to post, that is understandable.

But speaking for myself, even when working or being too pre-occupied, I still have time to log in and check up on discussions; either on my comp or my phone.

I personally feel many are losing interest in the forum, whether they would like to admit or not, maybe they don't realize it yet. just my opinion.

We are getting more posters. The issue is getting them to stay and become more active. Many just post in the introduction thread then leave.

That is true, I have noticed that as well, commented about it in that thread some time ago mind you.

So why is that the case though? People not feeling a part because of our inside jokes and all?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RED wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

That is true, I have noticed that as well, commented about it in that thread some time ago mind you.

So why is that the case though? People not feeling a part because of our inside jokes and all?

Could be the reason. Could be a confidence issue too, since this is an international forum, some may feel awkward discussing in English or whether their football knowledge is good enough. Maybe some feel more comfortable reading than participating in the discussions.

I would like to know the reason, but unless we talk to the posters who have not bothered to remain, unfortunately all we could do is speculate as to why they dont remain.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Whoever brought up the 'everybody knows how everybody else will react so there's no point starting discussions' point hit the nail on the head.

That is unavoidable when you have a small number of active posters

I became much less frequent on the Juve section because around 2011 or 2012 it got to the point where you had 4 maybe 5 people replying to any post, so you can almost guarantee the answers/debates you'll get revolving around the same old shit. I have no time to debate the same shit over and over again it's just pointless.

Now it's happened to the general section, so it's more obvious

The trick is to get a fair amount of new active posters say > 20 but < 50

Because knowing how discussions will pan out before they even happen is shit but it's a lot better than having your posts burried under a mountain of random replies because one thread has 60 people on it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Agreed.

My jokes at Tom's lack of driving and golfing skills will be buried under a mountain of posts.

And nobody wants that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Hmm good points tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Agreed.

My jokes at Tom's lack of driving and golfing skills will be buried under a mountain of posts.

And nobody wants that.

Tiger moal mad he goes 10 over par on gta
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:10 pm

United section improved because of Moyes tbh
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:10 pm

RED wrote:

People may not agree with what I have to say regarding this point, but does GL need this many mods? It's a small community. I do feel some mods need to be a bit more lenient when it comes to inflicting 25% strikes. Yesterday Sepi was banned (another good active poster). A bit more understanding mods and some leniency please, for the good of the forum.

Keep in mind that it is me who is saying this, someone who rarely ever bans or warns anyone.

But this just isnt feasible, for a couple of reasons.

First of all, we have many posts on this thread with members (and importantly, newer members) talking about how there is almost no personal insults and the like. Well, how can we not ban people like Sepi after he said what he said and still have people happy that there are no personal insults?

If people break the rules, they get punished. We are already lient as it is as far as im concerned, there are members here who clearly troll for attention and we let slide because its hard to clearly determine what is trolling and what is just members having "stupid" opinions.

Sepi may be a an active poster, but he is also wildly emotional and its not by accident he is in conflicts with various different people. Again, we cant have it both ways, have members happy there is limited personal insults but also let people slide when they persistantly break rules.

Also, related to this subject. I have spoken to people who have left the forum or hardly post any more...and alot of the reasons which come up is they dont like to debate with people who troll or dont debate properly (ignore points, insults, illogical posts).

I mean, Dnmac is a fairly regular poster who has the energy and desire to post long posts...but the number of people who debate him is in comparison quite low, and my guess is because they dont want to have a discussion with someone who posts how he does.

So, yeah active users are obviously great, but like someone said a while ago..I would like to believe people want quality over quantity of posts.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Busby Babe wrote:United section improved because of Moyes tbh

https://vine.co/v/O5jYLVqELTx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

We had this type of thread a year before and I'll say the same thing that I said last year. October-January is the slump period for GL. It has always been. Things pick up in GS at the knockout stages of CL and when the leagues enter "business stage" as Sky Sports say. The off season is more active than this period thanks to MT and international tournaments like World Cup, Euro and Confeds is when activity in GS hits peak. This week has been inactive because of the international break and when the league matches start again, only the PL thread and Calcio threads will be active in the weekend. It has been like that last year and it's happening again this year. I do hope we get more new posters like Robespierre last year or this forum will eventually turn into a ghost town. And as for club sections, I can only speak for Milan and Casciavit and dostoevsky is correct. I am tired of blaming the board, Bonera, Muntari or saying we need to change formation. That's why I hardly post there now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Personally, I find myself posting in the off topic sections more often than the football sections nowadays incl. the Arsenal section, I have no idea if it's because of the lack of activity from other users or my sudden loss of interest in football. Sure I'll still pop-up in the PL/BL threads to share some poor jokes with rival clubs' fans and batter Debuchy in the Arsenal section but I've lost interest in debating properly about football related stuff. I think the Arsenal repetitive situation and my usual complaints about the same things (like Wenger being stubborn, Arsenal's crap transfer activity etc...)has to do with this aswell.

I imagine it's the same with the rest of us, which is why a flux of new active members is maybe needed if we want to get back to the good days.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:
RED wrote:

People may not agree with what I have to say regarding this point, but does GL need this many mods? It's a small community. I do feel some mods need to be a bit more lenient when it comes to inflicting 25% strikes. Yesterday Sepi was banned (another good active poster). A bit more understanding mods and some leniency please, for the good of the forum.

Keep in mind that it is me who is saying this, someone who rarely ever bans or warns anyone.

But this just isnt feasible, for a couple of reasons.

First of all, we have many posts on this thread with members (and importantly, newer members) talking about how there is almost no personal insults and the like. Well, how can we not ban people like Sepi after he said what he said and still have people happy that there are no personal insults?

If people break the rules, they get punished. We are already lient as it is as far as im concerned, there are members here who clearly troll for attention and we let slide because its hard to clearly determine what is trolling and what is just members having "stupid" opinions.

Sepi may be a an active poster, but he is also wildly emotional and its not by accident he is in conflicts with various different people. Again, we cant have it both ways, have members happy there is limited personal insults but also let people slide when they persistantly break rules.

Also, related to this subject. I have spoken to people who have left the forum or hardly post any more...and alot of the reasons which come up is they dont like to debate with people who troll or dont debate properly (ignore points, insults, illogical posts).

I mean, Dnmac is a fairly regular poster who has the energy and desire to post long posts...but the number of people who debate him is in comparison quite low, and my guess is because they dont want to have a discussion with someone who posts how he does.

So, yeah active users are obviously great, but like someone said a while ago..I would like to believe people want quality over quantity of posts.

Fair enough Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:45 pm

M99 wrote:We had this type of thread a year before and I'll say the same thing that I said last year. October-January is the slump period for GL. It has always been. Things pick up in GS at the knockout stages of CL and when the leagues enter "business stage" as Sky Sports say. The off season is more active than this period thanks to MT and international tournaments like World Cup, Euro and Confeds is when activity in GS hits peak. This week has been inactive because of the international break and when the league matches start again, only the PL thread and Calcio threads will be active in the weekend. It has been like that last year and it's happening again this year. I do hope we get more new posters like Robespierre last year or this forum will eventually turn into a ghost town. And as for club sections, I can only speak for Milan and Casciavit and dostoevsky is correct. I am tired of blaming the board, Bonera, Muntari or saying we need to change formation. That's why I hardly post there now.

Whatever happens , i will be there . No matter who's left behind , i will never stop. I will never give up , good days or bad days , October or January , in World Cups or Euros. I will be there to say it. Because the Milan Sextion demands it . Even when it's all over , even if i am the last one , even if no one is there to see my post. Always.

I will never stop moaning about Bonera and Muntari Molenation
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 pm

When Bonera retires and Muntari finally leaves, it'll be a beautiful day Proud

Rename the section to Nouveau Milan when that happens Molenation
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 pm

I think this should go to a poll, were the community can decide to do something or leave it as is.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Poll ? Hmm , not sure what the meaning of it would be. I don't think all of this is something that needs any urgent attention to be dealt with . It's uncertain what is there to even be dealt with ; many actually like the forum as it is and wouldn't like a 'crowd' , just 'under control entrance' to the forums. Then we wonder why people don't stay , or why those who do are so few. It seems like a respectable many agree with this. The other half seem to be afraid the forums will empty if this goes on , yet they preffer the friendly nature of GL rather a crowded forum and also rarely , if at all , have ever invited anyone , i would be willing to bet most never even tried.

Conclusion and what i really believe a poll would show : people just want things to stay as they are and if some new posters come to stay , all the better .

People who want more and new people around , they can always invite other people . I've said that earlier , we may say this or that about the forum , but we can't expect everything from just the nature of the forum , or just the admins/mods .

Let's begin inviting over. Most of us been here from previous forums , how many invitings there have been from posters as of 2011(including me as well , obviously)? I'd say very few actually . My close friends know i post in a football forum and i have invited them over ages ago. None of them cares enough to talk football stuff in English on the internet , they never bothered , they never would anyway. We talk football anyway and they don't care for analysis and views e.t.c. what the forums have to give. No worries , but i never bothered again with anyone after that . I guess i could try and invite other people who , perhaps , may be interested , but only if i knew what they were about , i wouldn't like to bring just about anyone over here .

That's what's my biggest concern with GL and what makes it special for me , it doesn't really have to do with how many we are at a given time , but what we are about is where it's at.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

Well there is not really a need for a poll because

1) We are a dictatorship :coffee:
2) We usually do what's best for business and we all know the issues right now as everyone mentioned in here. We can't just neglect everyone's opinion and do f all Laughing

But in any case, not sure if it's the end of international break or this thread, but the forum is quite active all of a sudden.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:10 am

I don't see the harm in a poll just rubbishing the idea like that is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone's asking for hundreds of extra users, just a little bit extra input and with some new flavor, it gets boring with some of the predictability in the forums.

Maybe trying to target specific users who would liven up certain sections of the forum that are dead.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 am

mr-r34 wrote:I don't think anyone's asking for hundreds of extra users, just a little bit extra input and with some new flavor, it gets boring with some of the predictability in the forums.

Maybe trying to target specific users who would liven up certain sections of the forum that are dead.

The problem with this is that there's no sort of promotional foray we could do that, if successful, would appeal only to a certain number of people and thus bring in only a certain number of recruits. It's not like it's a spigot we can turn on, wait till we've got as much out of it as we're wanting, then turn it off. Once this place's name would be out there (although I'm not presupposing at all that any such a campaign would be successful), there'd be no controlling the number of people it could wash in. So while it's possible that some modest hypothetical publicity for the site could bring in a limited few whose eye it caught, there's also the risk it could draft more people than any of us would frankly like. Is it a chance worth taking?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:17 am

If there's anything we should do a poll on, it's how each of us got here ourselves. I for one was recommended it on the old ESPN Soccernet boards by Barry, who himself was made informed of it and signed up because another person on there was advising people to join it. It would be interesting to see how other people came to know about and register for this place, and could be useful in determining any potential course of action going forward concerning growing the site in the way most of us seem to want, especially given the fact I think we all almost unanimously are quite happy with the way it's been assembled up to very recently as far as members and population is concerned (like the familiar, close-knit feel of the place but are wanting a bit of new blood to freshen the site up a bit without sparking too much of an influx).
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:09 pm

When people say 'we need x amount of new users', is it even certain that GL can actually attract new users? You can't just get new users out of thin air, I don't think it's that easy. What is it that GL isn't doing right now that's stopping the forum from getting those new users? Lack of promotion/advertising?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:When people say 'we need x amount of new users', is it even certain that GL can actually attract new users? You can't just get new users out of thin air, I don't think it's that easy. What is it that GL isn't doing right now that's stopping the forum from getting those new users? Lack of promotion/advertising?

Precisely, as I alluded to myself. That's why I think a sort of thread were members can convey both how they found the site and what caused them to decide to sign up for it would be useful in seeing what was working for several years in building it up to what it is now given how happy the lot of us evidently are with its assembly thus far, but which has seemingly stagnated in recent times.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:When people say 'we need x amount of new users', is it even certain that GL can actually attract new users? You can't just get new users out of thin air, I don't think it's that easy. What is it that GL isn't doing right now that's stopping the forum from getting those new users? Lack of promotion/advertising?

I can do that. That's not a problem
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Have more bots in this forum?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next