Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Shed Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am

11 and 12 year olds on GL['s predecessor] rofl-Proud

These days the only pre-tween we have in our ranks is fitman :coffee:
-

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:37 am

Shed wrote:11 and 12 year olds on GL['s predecessor] rofl-Proud

These days the only pre-tween we have in our ranks is fitman :coffee:
-

u wot m7????????/??
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm

On topic: Personally I agree that what makes this place special is the core of long-lasting members. Moreover, I much prefer a quieter forum to an overcrowded one.

However, I do am a little disappointed at how little new blood we're getting nowadays. I echo what MT said a few pages back about freshness: it's lacking. There are about half a dozen active ones in the Liverpool section and you can pretty much guess what each of us are going to say or in which way react to any given topic of discussion. Sometimes you also get a feeling that no one can really be bothered to post anything longer and thoughtful because they already know what that small bunch of posters think about the subject. Maybe this applies to the General section, too, a little.

Also, even with a strong core of members, some are attached to it stronger than others; I'm sure we can all think of some posters who we considered part of our core... until they dropped out.

Also, the danger of having a strong core of members and nothing besides it is that it will make it very difficult for new members to join in when there's no middle ground between being a new poster and being a member of the "old users" who have their inside jokes and banter and such.

So, my opinion on GL's activity is that we should at some point consider a "promotion campaign" of sorts, if the current trend of the forum going more silent continues. Maybe during the off-season or something, but I'd rather see this place alive and well in 2018, too, than it being just Fatman's and Shed's secret internet love nest by then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sometimes you also get a feeling that no one can really be bothered to post anything longer and thoughtful because they already know what that small bunch of posters think about the subject. Maybe this applies to the General section, too, a little.

This is interesting. I wonder what other people think, what are the reasons more people dont post more thoughtful things?

I dont think its the number of people who will read it, for me personally I mean.

But im curious to hear about others.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm

I belong to the new generation of GL users, having been here for just over an year or so I guess.
And as far as the question of this thread goes, I am very happy being here and also with its activity. its one of those rare forums where you all of a sudden feel home. Smile

Unlike all those brash, pretentious and noisy club forums such as Redcafe where if we stay for even a day, we will go paranoid.

Here from what I have seen, and observed, theres a mutual respect and understanding even among rivals which for me is the standout part of the place. Personal abuses and stuff are nonexistent. Its the basic difference, here we will want to come back and get indulged more and more, where as there its the exact opposite.

And as far as the current state and future of the forum is concerned I think I am not so much equipped to provide an opinion. Al though I agree totally with RG and BC's view that an influx of fresh users to carry forward the 'legacy' is very vital.

And finally regarding my contribution I am sort of a person who prefer to remain silent when I am not absolutely sure about what I am saying. Its better I guess that way rather than to talk for the sake of talking. Smile
Nevertheless I am a keen follower of the forum and a fan of lot of its members, of whose posts I absolutely love reading.

So rock on GL! Best wishes. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:43 pm

A forum full of banter and jokes has a limited shelf life. The best way to go long term is to keep things clean and serious. Not saying everything has to be strict and boring, but right now Goal Legacy has a become a parody of itself. As Art said, everybody already knows each others responses to certain topics. Everybody's aware of each others inside jokes and traits. So what is there to discuss? Does the general section offer a platform to debate things seriously? If this trend continues, then I highly doubt the forum will ever progress. But if everybody else is fine with what we have already, then that's perfectly ok. There's nothing wrong with the current state of the forum, it's just if we're looking to expand and move forward, then things would have to change. As I said, the way to improve would be to try and get an influx of new users and keep things more serious. New users would be like a breath of fresh air to a stagnant community. I remember actually making a suggestion a few years ago, where the 'clean debate' section would become the new 'general section', could that possibly encourage people to post and debate more?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Sometimes you also get a feeling that no one can really be bothered to post anything longer and thoughtful because they already know what that small bunch of posters think about the subject. Maybe this applies to the General section, too, a little.

This is interesting. I wonder what other people think, what are the reasons more people dont post more thoughtful things?

I dont think its the number of people who will read it, for me personally I mean.

I rarely go long in my posts, I don't know really what the reason could be, it might be that which Art mentioned
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm

I have no issues with the forum, but I stick to lurking these days because I feel as if my posts began to fall of deaf ears. I think we are doing fine activity wise, however I tend to stay away from the General section - I tend to prefer staying in the hub, or specific club sections.

I agree with the notion that too much growth could take away from the quality of this forum. I've seen posters share Redcafe threads and they are overwhelmingly lengthy. I like that I can jump into a thread and read from beginning to end. The quality and knowledge of many posters is what keeps me lurking - I feel as if you guys have helped me grow as a fan of this beautiful game.

It's really nice to hear people so committed to sticking around and not leaving because life gets hectic. Many have taken breaks, but it seems as if a majority always return.

Heart Goal Legacy Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:A forum full of banter and jokes has a limited shelf life. The best way to go long term is to keep things clean and serious. Not saying everything has to be strict and boring, but right now Goal Legacy has a become a parody of itself. As Art said, everybody already knows each others responses to certain topics. Everybody's aware of each others inside jokes and traits. So what is there to discuss? Does the general section offer a platform to debate things seriously? If this trend continues, then I highly doubt the forum will ever progress. But if everybody else is fine with what we have already, then that's perfectly ok. There's nothing wrong with the current state of the forum, it's just if we're looking to expand and move forward, then things would have to change. As I said, the way to improve would be to try and get an influx of new users and keep things more serious. New users would be like a breath of fresh air to a stagnant community. I remember actually making a suggestion a few years ago, where the 'clean debate' section would become the new 'general section', could that possibly encourage people to post and debate more?

Not sure if OK with current state or think it's lacking hmm Highlighted two parts on either side of an evidently contradictory statement.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Basically what I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with the current model, if we want to remain on the same level. However, if the forum wants to actually progress and move forward, then yeh, the weaknesses need to be addressed.

It's like if a team is enjoying themselves in division 2, but they have weaknesses stopping them from getting to div 1, then they have to choose.

Sacrifice some of the fun, address the weaknesses and get to div 1.

Or, continue having fun in div 2, but don't expect to get to div 1 without addressing the weaknesses.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Basically what I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with the current model, if we want to remain on the same level. However, if the forum wants to actually progress and move forward, then yeh, the weaknesses need to be addressed.

It's like if a team is enjoying themselves in division 2, but they have weaknesses stopping them from getting to div 1, then they have to choose.

Sacrifice some of the fun, address the weaknesses and get to div 1.

Or, continue having fun in div 2, but don't expect to get to div 1 without addressing the weaknesses.

Looooooooooooooool that's blatantly about our GL pro clubs club.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 am

The Franchise wrote:

There's some truth to that tbh, I barely read the general section anymore because of that and quite frankly the topics bore me.

I don't really post less, just direct it to game and NBA threads as that's what interests me atm, maybe dabble in a bit of films and TV too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

There's some truth to that tbh, I barely read the general section anymore because of that and quite frankly the topics bore me.

I don't really post less, just direct it to game and NBA threads as that's what interests me atm, maybe dabble in a bit of films and TV too.

I stay in the off topic section at most. Can't really deal with Harmonica, atleast not if I don't want to lose 10 years of my life. The debate in the gen section can easily get out of control, which makes me lose interest in posting in it.

The NBA thread is a sanctuary imo, that thread is really great. Also gaming and entertainment sections are great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:24 am

Art Morte wrote:However, I do am a little disappointed at how little new blood we're getting nowadays. I echo what MT said a few pages back about freshness: it's lacking. There are about half a dozen active ones in the Liverpool section and you can pretty much guess what each of us are going to say or in which way react to any given topic of discussion. Sometimes you also get a feeling that no one can really be bothered to post anything longer and thoughtful because they already know what that small bunch of posters think about the subject.

Within the Chelsea section we have only three daily posters and a handful of semi-regulars, and with that combination I dont think I've ever not written something because I knew the response I'd get, or fully anticipated the response a post/topic of conversation would get, and thats certainly not because we all agree on everything (or even most things).

That said, I guess it should be expected that each section will have its own dynamics. That said, I do find that when i lurk the Liverpool section thats its always very serious, for comparisons sake, look at the last three or so pages of the Rumour Mill in the Chelsea section

Art Morte wrote:Maybe this applies to the General section, too, a little.

This though, I do agree with. I feel to get noticed in the GS you either have to have a great depth of footballing knowledge which you can present really well (ie Dani, Arq and BarcaKizz) or you just need to spam it with off the wall posts that grab attention (ie Gil, Sepi and (to a degree) Mole).

Because I cant do either of those things (unless its Chelsea related) there have been plenty of times where I have thought of something to contribute to a thread but decided against it because it would just be a waste of space.

Art Morte wrote:So, my opinion on GL's activity is that we should at some point consider a "promotion campaign" of sorts

Personally, I dont see the need for GL to be engaging in any sort of promotions, although if we were to do so how would we go about it? The most effective tools for doing so such as SEO, website redesign and mobile optomisation cost money, who would be willing to foot the bill?

Art Morte wrote:it being just Fatman's and Shed's secret internet love nest by then

pls, I could do waaaaayyyyy better then that scrub :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:I have no issues with the forum, but I stick to lurking these days because I feel as if my posts began to fall of deaf ears. I think we are doing fine activity wise, however I tend to stay away from the General section - I tend to prefer staying in the hub, or specific club sections.

Admittedly, I never read much of the footballing releated stuff you posted, but i really did enjoy your off topic stuff, I've certainly been posting there less since you've lessened your posting. I might shoot you an email againt soon
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:27 am

Obeseman pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:28 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Obeseman pls.

http://motivationalgymquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/BCC4HcBCUAIb6Ke.jpg

(If this forum has to get more posters, it should get more miscers, srs)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 am

Dom is just trying to avoid the forum because he's sucking to much in NBA fantasy Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:36 am

At least Dom has injuries, what's your excuse? :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:36 am

Art :bow:  completely read my mind. I was contemplating starting a thread about this subject with a more emphasised title like 'Why is this forum dead all of a sudden'.

I've began to notice it 2/3 months ago. Seeing large gaps between time stamps of posts in active sections like GS and the hub. Interesting threads garner little to no attention (mainly why I sometimes change my mind on creating a topic).

Then it's the community. We have good posters who I enjoy reading what they have to say from time to time, but there is no denying we have lost some interesting posters, who for one reason or another aren't posting here any longer.

Bhends, Che,Jibers, Lex, Fadi, Cyberman (even if he did come across as "troll", he was interesting as hell and encouraged traffic and discussion from his views) Just to name a few. And many others who have dissappeared since the forum launched back in 2011. Other old members post once in a bluemoon.

Then you gotta take a peak at the GL introduction thread :facepalm: so many newbies who post once then vanish.

People may not agree with what I have to say regarding this point, but does GL need this many mods? It's a small community. I do feel some mods need to be a bit more lenient when it comes to inflicting 25% strikes. Yesterday Sepi was banned (another good active poster). A bit more understanding mods and some leniency please, for the good of the forum.

This place is such a ghost town these days that I cant even be bothered to post here at times. I just lurk a little, see uninteresting discussions going on, then just leave the site.

Shame really, as I love this forum.

On a plus side, the Utd section is as active as its ever been, especially during matchdays... BB, Lumiere :bow:

And the Walking Dead thread>>>

Last edited by RED on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am

I'm active in the NBA Fantasy thread :coffee:

Being this bad now, will only make my championship all the more sweeter Very Happy

@fatman, you probably haven't read my football related posts because I rarely make them. I just find there to be so many posters who have that covered, so I stick to reading/learning. I'll post in the Milan section from time to time, but even that has been limited as of late.

As far as the hub and non-football related stuff, I'll try to post when I'm musing. I actually haven't been writing much in general these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:10 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:At least Dom has injuries, what's your excuse? :coffee:

I have Josh Smith :coffee:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:36 am

To pick up on the point of users being too busy to post, that is understandable.

But speaking for myself, even when working or being too pre-occupied, I still have time to log in and check up on discussions; either on my comp or my phone.

I personally feel many are losing interest in the forum, whether they would like to admit it or not, maybe they don't realize it yet. just my opinion.

Last edited by RED on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 am

We were all talking about how Josh Smith should not be drafted...no one to blame but yourself :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 pm

RED wrote:To pick up on the point of users being too busy to post, that is understandable.

But speaking for myself, even when working or being too pre-occupied, I still have time to log in and check up on discussions; either on my comp or my phone.

I personally feel many are losing interest in the forum, whether they would like to admit or not, maybe they don't realize it yet. just my opinion.

Then we should get more posters alreaady ffs, that's the only soution.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RED wrote:To pick up on the point of users being too busy to post, that is understandable.

I personally feel many are losing interest in the forum, whether they would like to admit or not, maybe they don't realize it yet. just my opinion.

Then we should get more posters alreaady ffs, that's the only soution.

We are getting more posters. The issue is getting them to stay and become more active. Many just post in the introduction thread then leave.

edit: for example, this is from the birthdays coming up this week. Check out these users, I've never seen them before yet 2 or 3 of them have been registered since the start of the forum:

Barca2211 (30), GiuseDG97 (17), , mesut ozil (21), ozil23 (20)

The highest post count is from Barca2211, with a paltry 53 posts......since 2011.

Last edited by RED on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next