El Gunner
DeviAngel
elm_baraja_shaman
dostoevsky
salmano9
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 2.0

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:say what you'll say but if a striker's main purpose is not to score goals, then I don't know what the f**k he is doing with his life, Llorente did great last season but as things stand currently he is really crap, I don't know what goes through Allegri's mind giving him a starting berth not to mention 90 full mins, at this rate we might just start Giovinco ahead of him since I dunno why Morata ain't getting the nod ahead of Llo.......

Because those CB's would eat Morata alive, that boy can't even go past Fiorentina's CB's this is Atletico that we are talking about, and no its not my conclusion about Llorente, Allegri said it on presscon. check it out you'll find it on football-italia. Llorente proved that he can be a goalscorer last season, obviously its new tactics and they are great so far and stop bitching for once.

I dont know why you are complaining so much. Llorente can be effective tactically without scoring goals. Allegri himself says he plays him for tactical reasons and his role is not to score goals but more to draw defenders around him and be a reference point for our attack. In the 3-5-2, the wing backs are workhorses not because they should have a real offensive threat but rather because they stretch out opposition defense by their presence upfront and that makes life easier for our midfield and SS to poke holes and do the real attacking work. When teams ignore the wingbacks then the Licht and Asa used to become real threats going forward.

I imagine that llorente has a tactical role like that of our wingbacks in the 3-5-2 (I am not saying he is performing the same job I am only saying he seems to perform a tactical role)  i.e. he is a player that has to be heavily marked so that he becomes ineffective as a target man and they also have to make sure he is not a threat in the air. In other words, he makes life easier for Tevez and is a target for long balls. I dont know if playing morata in a tevez like role would be better but we have been getting good results thus far so I am not complaining.

and ppl wonder why I don't post here anymore....

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 2.0

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 pm

plus let me add that Atletico is currently the best defensive unit and most organized in defense.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:08 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
elm_baraja_shaman wrote:say what you'll say but if a striker's main purpose is not to score goals, then I don't know what the f**k he is doing with his life, Llorente did great last season but as things stand currently he is really crap, I don't know what goes through Allegri's mind giving him a starting berth not to mention 90 full mins, at this rate we might just start Giovinco ahead of him since I dunno why Morata ain't getting the nod ahead of Llo.......

Because those CB's would eat Morata alive, that boy can't even go past Fiorentina's CB's this is Atletico that we are talking about, and no its not my conclusion about Llorente, Allegri said it on presscon. check it out you'll find it on football-italia. Llorente proved that he can be a goalscorer last season, obviously its new tactics and they are great so far and stop bitching for once.

I dont know why you are complaining so much. Llorente can be effective tactically without scoring goals. Allegri himself says he plays him for tactical reasons and his role is not to score goals but more to draw defenders around him and be a reference point for our attack. In the 3-5-2, the wing backs are workhorses not because they should have a real offensive threat but rather because they stretch out opposition defense by their presence upfront and that makes life easier for our midfield and SS to poke holes and do the real attacking work. When teams ignore the wingbacks then the Licht and Asa used to become real threats going forward.

I imagine that llorente has a tactical role like that of our wingbacks in the 3-5-2 (I am not saying he is performing the same job I am only saying he seems to perform a tactical role)  i.e. he is a player that has to be heavily marked so that he becomes ineffective as a target man and they also have to make sure he is not a threat in the air. In other words, he makes life easier for Tevez and is a target for long balls. I dont know if playing morata in a tevez like role would be better but we have been getting good results thus far so I am not complaining.

Hell we do. Llorente had a good match, but their defense was tight as well.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

trust me Morata's constant running a defenses, will provide a more menace than 90 mins of llorente's timid lay offs, lack of speed, null dribbling skill, poor passing..... the guy needs to be benched hard so he realizes that he must work on himself...

and to think Giovinco has been barely given a chance this season but when he started he did very well yet people want him out but llorente has been meh for 90% this season and is yet highly fancied to start.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:10 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Bravo Juve, We played with our hearts and aimed for the win obviously. Atleti's defense was solid, and we couldn't do anything about it I understand why we didn't do any changes though, don't be mad. Llorente helps in defending and keeping the ball. Making a sub would kinda ruin the rythm and he won't be as focused as other players. Kudos Allegri, though we depended on the full backs a lot too. We need to attack with our midfielders and AM's too.

Congrats for the qualifcation guyss!!! Hopefully we will have a good draw against Dortmund for instance lol... I wanna kick their ass and teach ciro a lesson Smile

at the rate we played today, even Porto would trample over us if we get them, Atletico didn't come with any intention to even wanna knock us out and yet we were still poor.....

Its cuz they played behind the HALF WAY LINE!!!!!!! They went for the draw anyways and they wanted to make sure that they are 1st by defending. If we scored a goal, then they'd have to attack to prevent us from scoring the second.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

trust me Morata's constant running a defenses, will provide a more menace than 90 mins of llorente's timid lay offs, lack of speed, null dribbling skill, poor passing..... the guy needs to be benched hard so he realizes that he must work on himself...

and to think Giovinco has been barely given a chance this season but when he started he did very well yet people want him out but llorente has been meh for 90% this season and is yet highly fancied to start.....

Not against atleti bro... We all wanted to see him, but he wouldn't influence the game much...

Giovinco will leave at the end of the season.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Gio is shit as our 90% youngsters, he is an average player. You have to understand that Llorente's role is tactical his role is not to score goals under Allegri simple as that, re-watch the games and you'll see. He is starting simply because of that but I guess you have to understand more football in order to see those things and pay attention too.

Morata would have been bullied whole game, he can't even get past Sassuolo's defenders and he would be menace for Atleti Laughing yeah right
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:15 pm

salmano9 wrote:
elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Not against atleti bro... We all wanted to see him, but he wouldn't influence the game much...

Giovinco will leave at the end of the season.

how sure are you that someone wouldn't have influenced much when he wasn't given that chance, and its not like llorente did anything positive today anyways, look i'm a big fan of llorente but as it stands the guy is really crap right now....... am all for giving someone else the opportunity over one who is barely delivering.....

Last edited by elm_baraja_shaman on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Also Pereyra was the best on the field today, man he ran his socks off doing the dirty work for whole team. MoM for me
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Simeone: 'Nobody wants to face Juve'
Diego Simeone said Atletico Madrid “did what we had to” and warned “it won’t be good to pick Juventus in the draw.”

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Also Pereyra was the best on the field today, man he ran his socks off doing the dirty work for whole team. MoM for me

Yes, very skillful, good play build up. If Marchisio is back, he deserves to play above vidal. Dunno, but vidal needs to be benched for some while :/ He isn't the beast we saw last year.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Gio is shit as our 90% youngsters, he is an average player. You have to understand that Llorente's role is tactical his role is not to score goals under Allegri simple as that, re-watch the games and you'll see. He is starting simply because of that but I guess you have to understand more football in order to see those things and pay attention too.

Morata would have been bullied whole game, he can't even get past Sassuolo's defenders and he would be menace for Atleti Laughing yeah right

tell me the last time llorente was a menace n our last 10 games bar Parma....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:20 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

tell me the last time llorente was a menace n our last 10 games bar Parma....

As I said his role is tactical and I explained in bigger post why and how but you only try to run in circles, but you fail to see it, not everyone pays attention to tactics and has eyes for it. But not everyone's so stubborn.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I must say that for me Morata is a better choice regardless of Formation and tactics. Morata is just as adept at holding the ball up as Llorente and Morata will instantly shoot given space or opportunity. Champions league football is much more direct. And to be fair I don't remember a game in which Morata has played where he hasn't looked dangerous.

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:59 pm

For me its still the 3-5-2 and conte era, casting its nasty shadow over the offensive play.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:00 pm

With this formation and euromax the attacking will only get better over time.

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:37 pm

inderbaby wrote:With this formation and euromax the attacking will only get better over time.

Optimism Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 pm

We made it Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Juveman17 wrote:We made it Smile

#EuroMax Very Happy
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:33 pm

why don't we loan Mata in  January given his lack of play at Untd, i feel he'd offer more in our AM role as Vidal and Perreyra have been both unconvincing in that role so far,we need a natural AM there as we are now prone to face Madrid Barca PSG, Bayern, Dortmund etc, we'd need to be more effective in every department....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:14 am

Well done on progressing. Sexllegri delivers Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 am

Good tactics by Allegri, it's obvious he didn't want to take risks. I'm all right with this draw, but the real test for Allegri and the team will be the knockout stage.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am

We know the Llorente role,he isn't the direct threat bla bla bla

We know that and no one is saying that Llorente is doing it bad but we just can't keep doing that strategy all the time as we will end up in same situation as we were with 352,very predictable and slow...with the game coming to it's last 20-30 minutes it's not a bad idea to put a fast and technically good attacker like Morata.He's always been a threat coming from bench and will give more trouble to any defense that Llorente does.
Llorente is not bad but it's way of playing has become somehow ineffective as he isn't a direct threat,if I do the math correctly that still leaves us short on attacking force which we lacked so much with 352 (don't get me wrong on this),playing a faster forward at least in final minutes when opponent's defenders go tired is a better choice,that's all.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 am

As for Giovinco I think I've had enough of him,he had his chances and he belongs to our bench at best.The guy is selfish,inconsistent and weak...that's too many reasons not ti play and risk him on a CL match when we played for qualification.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 am

How was Pogba? Thanks in advance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:How was Pogba? Thanks in advance.

Average.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next