I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego

+2
elm_baraja_shaman
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego Empty I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:42 am

Atletico Madrid midfielder Diego has reflected on his time with former club Juventus, and claims he was good enough to stay there.

The 26-year-old joined the Italian side from Werder Bremen in 2009, but lasted just one season before he was sold to Wolfsburg.

Diego struggled with the German side last season and was loaned out to Atletico in the summer. He has featured five times for his new side, playing in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Granada.

And while the Brazilian has made a decent start to life in Spain, he feels he did well in Italy too.

"I think I did a good job at Juventus, but not everyone agreed with that," Diego is quoted as saying by Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"However, I still have a good memory of the fans, and I think they remember me too."

Returning to the subject of his future with the Spanish side, Diego did not exclude a permanent switch once his loan deal expires in the summer of 2012.

"I feel good and I think I can work hard and play well with Atletico," he said.

"Will I continue here after the loan? There is still plenty of time, I want to play where I am happy."

The attacking midfielder will hope to play a part when Atletico Madrid travel to Udinese in the Europa League on Thursday.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego Empty Re: I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 am

i can only imagine Diego as SS with Pirlo in CM, = death for Chievo...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego Empty Re: I was good at Juventus, but certain people did not agree, says Atletico Madrid's Diego

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 am

I loved Diego I still do I may be hurt from the thing that happened and form the sale but some words from him were not good Sad ...But I still love him and I miss him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 am

He just doesn't have it to play at the top level! Good to watch though!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 am

inderbaby wrote:He just doesn't have it to play at the top level! Good to watch though!
I have to agree with this

He seems like the kind of player who thrives at a mid table club but chokes at top level
Undeniable talent though, definitely enough for the big clubs
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:59 pm

If Diego was able to play his natural position of Trequartista, I am sure he would thrive under Conte. Too bad it never happened, he was used incorrectly by our incompetent coaches of the past and now he is gone. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to Giovinco, we still have a chance to get him back, so let's cross our fingers that happens next year.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 pm

juve_gigi wrote:If Diego was able to play his natural position of Trequartista, I am sure he would thrive under Conte. Too bad it never happened, he was used incorrectly by our incompetent coaches of the past and now he is gone. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to Giovinco, we still have a chance to get him back, so let's cross our fingers that happens next year.

+1 Pino. Diego was class, and still is. He went for free to Atletico too did he not ? Great pick-up. Giovinco at Juventus would be great, as would adding Pasquato and having Elia as a third-replacement. Have Pepe, Giaccherini, and Krasic on the right-side would be very formidable. I love the squad.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down