isignedupjusttoseesigs
mr-r34
CBarca
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by mr-r34 Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm

LOL, Politics in australia has become a joke. We've had a group of people chose our PM more than us in the last few years.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:56 pm

mr-r34 wrote:LOL, Politics in australia has become a joke. We've had a group of people chose our PM more than us in the last few years.
Well, we chose Rudd, the party chose Gillard, then we chose Gillard (or you can be technical about the hung parliament), the party chose Rudd, then the people chose Abbott Mad. So it's 2-2, and you can kind of count the hung parliament either way.
Who knows, the spill motion might not even pass.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am

As much as people are inclined to vote for a face, we vote for the party, not an individual. Outside the fact that the party might be more efficient and get more done under a better leader, it doesn't change their policies. We'll still have a Liberal govt...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 am

BarcaKizz wrote:As much as people are inclined to vote for a face, we vote for the party, not an individual. Outside the fact that the party might be more efficient and get more done under a better leader, it doesn't change their policies. We'll still have a Liberal govt...
Which is why I prefer Abbott in power, so they'll get routed next election Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:As much as people are inclined to vote for a face, we vote for the party, not an individual. Outside the fact that the party might be more efficient and get more done under a better leader, it doesn't change their policies. We'll still have a Liberal govt...
Which is why I prefer Abbott in power, so they'll get routed next election Proud.

Completely agree with both of you.

Voting for personality is stupid. People should consider the policies that have been implemented and are proposed to be implemented. There's been a lot of talk in the media about the government not being able to get their message through. This is flawed analysis. If anything, their message has got through but people don't like what they're saying. It's all well and good to argue that you need to increase revenue to pay off debt, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the young, the poor, the sick and the elderly. I can't vote for that vision.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Doesn't help that they never said a thing about half their policies before the election, then the other half of their policies are broken promises.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:24 pm

I count the Spill vote as another for them though
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Forza wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:

Completely agree with both of you.

Voting for personality is stupid. People should consider the policies that have been implemented and are proposed to be implemented. There's been a lot of talk in the media about the government not being able to get their message through. This is flawed analysis. If anything, their message has got through but people don't like what they're saying. It's all well and good to argue that you need to increase revenue to pay off debt, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the young, the poor, the sick and the elderly. I can't vote for that vision.

Their stupid conservative politics only appeal to the wealthy and those who are not sufficiently informed. They keep the little man (small-time workers and the uneducated) in the dark and pretend that they're protecting him telling him how bad taxes are etc, while slowly cutting back on everything that is actually important for the little man... welfare, a sustainable future... etc.

The Liberals rarely say anything meaningful... They just rephrase "for the good of Australians" a million times and say that they will get our economy "back on track". Because our economy was apparently on the verge of the apocalypse because of Satan Rudd and Julucifer Gillard Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

"Don't worry Australia! We won't spend money on anything!"

The worst thing is this sh*t actually works because we have a country full of conservative ignoramus'. Rant over.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:19 pm

mr-r34 wrote:I count the Spill vote as another for them though
Let's be honest, Abbott is a terrible Prime Minister, so changing him would be a good thing for the short term of Australia.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:42 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Let's be honest, Abbott is a terrible Prime Minister, so changing him would be a good thing for the short term of Australia.

I don't care if the PM was a donut or a piece of bread that group of people should have no choice in deciding who our current PM is. The point is why is it legal for a room of 100 people to vote to change our PM. Maybe if they were forced to stick with who they voted to represent them, they would worry more about making the right choice so they would do more due diligence when putting forth a person to represent their party.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:

I don't care if the PM was a donut or a piece of bread that group of people should have no choice in deciding who our current PM is. The point is why is it legal for a room of 100 people to vote to change our PM. Maybe if they were forced to stick with who they voted to represent them, they would worry more about making the right choice so they would do more due diligence when putting forth a person to represent their party.
Well the only people you've voted for really is your local MP and senate members. There's nothing that says they have to stick with the Prime Minister they took to the election, and frankly I'd prefer a piece of bread to Abbott.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:13 pm

god politics is *bleep* boring
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:28 pm

It is Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:03 am

rofl Kick, do you get to vote for NZ elections?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:31 am

I do, but I cannot be bothered since I know nothing about any of their policies.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:22 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Well the only people you've voted for really is your local MP and senate members. There's nothing that says they have to stick with the Prime Minister they took to the election, and frankly I'd prefer a piece of bread to Abbott.

You don't even believe that do you? There is a reason they say X or Y has won the election and not Labor or Liberal.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Just bought some new indoor shoes as I am getting back into playing indoor, with some friends from Uni.

Quite excited to start playing again.

Boots:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Is Inbetweeners the best TV show in the history of TV?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:40 am

IT crowd and scrubs >>>>
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:38 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Is Inbetweeners the best TV show in the history of TV?

Barring the second movie, yes
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Kick wrote:I do, but I cannot be bothered since I know nothing about any of their policies.
Not mandatory? I electorate hopped to NSW for the QLD election because I couldn't be bothered voting (although my lease had expired anyway so it wasn't that illegal). Might electorate hop back to avoid NSW elections @.@

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:37 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Well the only people you've voted for really is your local MP and senate members. There's nothing that says they have to stick with the Prime Minister they took to the election, and frankly I'd prefer a piece of bread to Abbott.

You don't even believe that do you? There is a reason they say X or Y has won the election and not Labor or Liberal.
Well they say that because he is the leader and figurehead of the party, but something has got to change if they're to have any chance of not being obliterated in the next election, and Abbott doesn't look capable of it.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:42 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Kick wrote:I do, but I cannot be bothered since I know nothing about any of their policies.
Not mandatory? I electorate hopped to NSW for the QLD election because I couldn't be bothered voting (although my lease had expired anyway so it wasn't that illegal). Might electorate hop back to avoid NSW elections @.@

Nope, it isn't.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Kick wrote:IT crowd and scrubs >>>>

This.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
Kick wrote:IT crowd and scrubs >>>>

This.

Seinfeld >>>>>
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next