isignedupjusttoseesigs
mr-r34
CBarca
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Forza Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:02 am

Good to see a South Australian leading the TDF again.

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/g/i/5/b/3/w/image.related.articleLeadNarrow.300x0.gi5az0.png/1436054091434.jpg
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 am

Happy 14th Birthday Forza!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

El Shaarawy wrote:

What? Laughing

Bit of banter, no drama rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 am

Kick wrote:Happy 14th Birthday Forza!

rofl thanks man
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:56 am

yeaaaa boii
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57 am

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:yeaaaa boii

400th post but
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:56 am

Should post more imo hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:18 am

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:

400th post but

400, what a noob :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 am

Kick wrote:
isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:

400th post but

400, what a noob :coffee:

Says the man whose 95% of posts is flirting with Shed. :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 am

Pls, only 90% were.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:01 am

Laptop was undergoing repairs over the past week, did you cockroaches enjoy Origin? Proud.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:55 am

I have a job at a factory now for July and much of August. Was told that there would be occasional mandatory overtime but that it wouldn't be much, and it was something I had to accept if I wanted the job. So I said yes that's fine with me.

Job starts at 6AM and goes until 2PM. I'm not a morning person -.- I haven't had too much trouble getting up though. First week went fairly well, and at the end of last week they upped everyday this week to 9 hours, starting at 5AM and going until 2PM, and pending how the company does we might go to 10 hours this week, starting at 4AM :facepalm: , and next week it seems like we might go to 10 hours.

People there who I've met say in the summer this stuff happens often. Nobody told me this Laughing. As well as this, the only additional break we get for going one or two more hours is a 5 minute break which, according to my experience today working 9 hours, nobody actually takes seriously. Since there is no workers union, nobody can do a thing about making that break longer, either. If it goes to 10 hours, then my day would be a 10 hour day with a single 15 minute lunch.

Just going to stick it out, I'm only going to be there for about 6 weeks and I have one done. Money is money and I do get done early in the day which is nice. I absolutely hate the work but it's really making me appreciate the college education I'm getting and helping me realize how lucky I am. I also see now why one needs to enjoy their job, because work sucks if you hate it...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:13 am

What are you doing there and what's the pay?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 am

Getting up at 4AM for a job you dislike rofl
Stay safe CB
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:02 am

Jeez man, thats sounds awful. Hang in there buddy.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:35 pm

From what I have been told, a 30 minute break is required if a worker has a six hour shift. At Starbucks we were forced to take breaks because they didn't want any legal troubles. From time to time I put in 9-10 hour days here at the gym - on those days they offer me an hour long break. Union or not, I'm pretty sure they are required to let you take a half hour break to eat.

I have never had a "summer job", although I have not heard about hours being that long. I'm sorry to hear it, I know all too well about waking up so early in the morning for work that you don't love Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:00 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:What are you doing there and what's the pay?

basically assembly line type stuff, generally a lot of building of different parts through drilling/hammers and all. Some of it's not so bad, some of it sucks. I'm getting to know the people there better which helps.

I don't know the laws @Dom but in a state that's been lead by republican posterboy Scott Walker for the last 4 years, i wouldn't be surprised if child labor is OK here.

Happy birthday Juveman!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:19 am

CBarca wrote:I have a job at a factory now for July and much of August. Was told that there would be occasional mandatory overtime but that it wouldn't be much, and it was something I had to accept if I wanted the job. So I said yes that's fine with me.

Job starts at 6AM and goes until 2PM. I'm not a morning person -.- I haven't had too much trouble getting up though. First week went fairly well, and at the end of last week they upped everyday this week to 9 hours, starting at 5AM and going until 2PM, and pending how the company does we might go to 10 hours this week, starting at 4AM :facepalm: , and next week it seems like we might go to 10 hours.

People there who I've met say in the summer this stuff happens often. Nobody told me this Laughing. As well as this, the only additional break we get for going one or two more hours is a 5 minute break which, according to my experience today working 9 hours, nobody actually takes seriously. Since there is no workers union, nobody can do a thing about making that break longer, either. If it goes to 10 hours, then my day would be a 10 hour day with a single 15 minute lunch.

Just going to stick it out, I'm only going to be there for about 6 weeks and I have one done. Money is money and I do get done early in the day which is nice. I absolutely hate the work but it's really making me appreciate the college education I'm getting and helping me realize how lucky I am. I also see now why one needs to enjoy their job, because work sucks if you hate it...
This would be illegal here.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:36 am

CBarca wrote:I have a job at a factory now for July and much of August. Was told that there would be occasional mandatory overtime but that it wouldn't be much, and it was something I had to accept if I wanted the job. So I said yes that's fine with me.

wow, if you need money that badly hit me up for a loan
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Anybody here order Go Set a Watchman? Got my copy yesterday and am looking forward to reading it throughout the week. I absolutely loved To Kill a Mockingbird.

Also if anyone is interested, today is the finals day for EVO, the biggest fighting game tournament of the year. In 2, 2.5 hours super smash bros: melee top 8 will start, then Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and then Street Fighter IV. One of my favorite days of the year is today.

fatman123 wrote:wow, if you need money that badly hit me up for a loan

I don't particularly need the money really, I did it mostly because all of my friends were working full time and so I couldn't really hang out with them much so I was bored. That and to make my ma be quiet about me getting a job, since all I was doing was reffing soccer at the time (though I was making a decent amount doing that).

I forgot fatman, what did you go to university for? Aren't you doing accounting or something?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:16 pm

He did marketing iirc hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:14 am

I did a bachelor of commerce with majors in marketing and international business.

And now I'm an overqualified waste of space drunken drunken
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 am

fatman123 wrote:I did a bachelor of commerce with majors in marketing and international business.

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:33 am

fatman123 wrote:I did a bachelor of commerce with majors in marketing and international business.

Interesting. You studied marketing to become a professional waste of space hmm

Sounds similar to the business students I know...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:56 am

CBarca wrote:

Interesting. You studied marketing to become a professional waste of space hmm

Sounds similar to the business students I know...

Dw brah, one day I'll be an overpaid monkey in a suit Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next