McAgger
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dante
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Pls no bootlegs. They're cancerous.

Fantastic Four looks great. Judging by all trailers, it looks like the film I'll like the most of the three superhero films.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Age of Ultron is easily going to be the top superhero movie of the year. It's not even a question.

But that Fantastic Four trailer looks goat :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:41 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 16 Batman-v-Superman-IMAX-poster-1

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 16 Batman-v-Superman-IMAX-poster-2

http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-batmobile-costume-images/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_493508
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:46 am

Age of Ultron reviews dropping in.

Nearly all positive so far. Good signs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:55 am

RealGunner wrote:Age of Ultron reviews dropping in.

Nearly all positive so far. Good signs.

Worse than expected though, from what I expected. Hearing it lacks in story etc. But still is amazing fun popcorn action.

Hoped for more legit drama, which I have only seen in Guardians (opening) and Cap 2.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:00 am

Story was always going to be straight forward. It's what they do around it is what makes Avengers so good.

Still, surprised if it is indeed lacking. Maybe it was the time issue and the cast being too big.

We'll see

Going to watch it after 1st may due to uni. Hope I avoid spoilers till then Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 am

RealGunner wrote:Story was always going to be straight forward. It's what they do around it is what makes Avengers so good.

Still, surprised if it is indeed lacking. Maybe it was the time issue and the cast being too big.

We'll see

Going to watch it after 1st may due to uni. Hope I avoid spoilers till then Sad

Watching it tomorrow Proud

Spoilers going to come on in less than 24 hours, beware
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 am

Write a review for us but put the spoilers in spoiler tag obv.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 am

IGN gave it an 8.6. Guess its just ok. Apparently it has the same limited script problems like the first one.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 am

They gave MoS a 9. They are terrible at movies and tv Shows ratings.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:46 am

Honestly if they are saying it's better than The Avengers then I'm good with that. Loved the Avengers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:33 am

Don't call me James wrote:Honestly if they are saying it's better than The Avengers then I'm good with that. Loved the Avengers.

Me too. Heart Emma Peel Heart
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 am

Sums up my opinion on DC films quite well:

Q (Anonymous):
Why is DC focusing on making its characters gritty as Marvel keeps outselling them with the more modern approach? It feels so silly and weird and as behind the time as I'm sure they seemed when Marvel first came to the spotlight.

A (Tom Brevoort):
I can’t speak for what may be driving the DC management to make the choices that they’ve been making, I can only tell you what it seems like to me–and so I may be off-base. But to me it appears to be a combination of two things: 1) They’ve had great success with Batman over the years in film, and not as much with any other property, so making all of the films they do more like Batman would seem on paper to be a sound strategy. 2) It feels like there are those at DC who are embarrassed by aspects of their characters, who feel that they are behind the times and hokey and out of date. And they struggle with that, with making them relevant. And that’s fine as far as it goes–if you do it well, nobody will mind it. But in many cases, it feels like they’re throwing out the very attributes that make their characters relevant and iconic chasing something they never quite catch. And I think that, if nothing else, the CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER shows conclusively that you can have a character who embodies old school values who is nonetheless an action hero and a kicker of asses. People want to root for a hero if you give them one.
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/116995957508/why-is-dc-focusing-on-making-its-characters-gritty
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 am

RedOranje wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Honestly if they are saying it's better than The Avengers then I'm good with that. Loved the Avengers.

Me too. Heart Emma Peel Heart

Marvel's The Avengers (classified under the name Marvel Avengers Assemble in the United Kingdom and Ireland), or simply The Avengers, is a 2012 American superhero film

Nice try
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:22 am

I'm American, remember? :facepalm:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 am

RedOranje wrote:Sums up my opinion on DC films quite well:

Q (Anonymous):
Why is DC focusing on making its characters gritty as Marvel keeps outselling them with the more modern approach? It feels so silly and weird and as behind the time as I'm sure they seemed when Marvel first came to the spotlight.

A (Tom Brevoort):
I can’t speak for what may be driving the DC management to make the choices that they’ve been making, I can only tell you what it seems like to me–and so I may be off-base. But to me it appears to be a combination of two things: 1) They’ve had great success with Batman over the years in film, and not as much with any other property, so making all of the films they do more like Batman would seem on paper to be a sound strategy. 2) It feels like there are those at DC who are embarrassed by aspects of their characters, who feel that they are behind the times and hokey and out of date. And they struggle with that, with making them relevant. And that’s fine as far as it goes–if you do it well, nobody will mind it. But in many cases, it feels like they’re throwing out the very attributes that make their characters relevant and iconic chasing something they never quite catch. And I think that, if nothing else, the CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER shows conclusively that you can have a character who embodies old school values who is nonetheless an action hero and a kicker of asses. People want to root for a hero if you give them one.
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/116995957508/why-is-dc-focusing-on-making-its-characters-gritty

I'm more for grit and dark superhero films anyway, so if I had to choose I'd watch that over some wreckage, destruction Marvel film.

But it's good though from a fans and moviegoers prospective, of course not so much when a rivel studio/label keeps outselling you, but DC's approach brings something else, it tends to others' tastes who might not like another style/Marvel's style.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 am

I just want options to choose from. Marvels movies are films I enjoy quite a bit, but when I leave the theater they are forgotten in an instant. It's nothing more than escapism most times. The only films to touch me emotionally from their universe is cap 2 (scene with Peggy) and GoTG (opening).
DC doesn't need to stay true to a character at all. They need to adapt a character to fit into the movie they're making. Man of Steel's best quality was superman and Zod, but there was something missing in overall writing.
Also the realistic approach to superhero movies hasn't been done yet, what would really happen if a godlike creature showed up on earth? Something that really hasn't been explored yet, and with Terrio kicking Goyer off the project I trust the writing this time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Most reviewers are saying it's good but not as good as the first Avengers.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:20 pm

conflict of reviews then since I have read a lot of people saying it's better than the first one.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 pm

DC seems to want to make all their movies in a similar tone. I didn't like watchmen at all but Snyder made the multi-casting work quite well. One of film's best aspect. I think BvS will do well in that regard. However it doesn't look like they will be changing how they present the films. They believe that's their style.

Not that I mind it. But the problem comes when they keep on making dark and gritty films and they don't work out because the only reason TDK trilogy was a hit was because Nolan made it. Other DC films won't be and that could result in a disaster. Specially if BvS fails (which I doubt).

It's funny though because Marvel attempted a dark and gritty superhero show with Daredevil and they made it better than DC did with man of steel film. The show is better than that film in every way possible and it's not even Marvel's style to do so.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Want all their movies in the same tone? They haven't even made a single one during the new management that set-up the DCU. All Marvel's films have the overall tone also, with cap2 being the only different.
Comparing a 13 episode tv-show to a movie is also really comparing apples to oranges.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:07 pm

The magic of the first Avengers was seeing all the superheroes team up for the first time. It was a pipedream which finally came true. That magic is lost now that we have since the first Avengers and heroes showing up in other's movies. There is so much hype on BVS because it is the first time Batman and Superman will show up on the screen together. This where I feel DC is making a mistake. A lot of the magic in Justice League will be gone. We will have Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in BVS and even get cameos from Cyborg and Aquaman. And Flash and Green Lantern will show up without getting any standalone movies beforehand. Rather than carefully building out a universe like the MCU did and then culminating it on the Justice League, DC is accelerating to compete against Avengers.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:11 pm

MCU began production on Avengers when they had only 2 characters established. It was a huge risk, the same as DC are doing. Who cares if they're set-up. Everyone knows them
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:13 pm

DC will probably change a bit though, i think Suicide Squad, Flash, Green Lantern etc will be more "Marvel".

btw, that MoS vs Daredevil thing really isnt a good comparison. completely different superheroes and format
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Thats the thing about the avengers and most Marvel movies, you watch it the first time and you think its amazing. Then you re-watch Avengers, for example, and every time you watch it you realize how meh the movie actually is Laughing. You could just fastforward to the final battle because it's the only good part of that movie.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Ganso wrote:Thats the thing about the avengers and most Marvel movies, you watch it the first time and you think its amazing. Then you re-watch Avengers, for example, and every time you watch it you realize how meh the movie actually is Laughing. You could just fastforward to the final battle because it's the only good part of that movie.

FFS my thoughts exactly.... Tried watching avengers the 2nd time, had to turn it off. It was unbearable... Specially with the cheesy 1 liners.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next