McLewis
Motogp69
McAgger
Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 Empty The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Just seen the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman. I definitely agree that it's a much better movie with some things fleshed out properly.

One question they still didn't answer though is
Spoiler:

Overall, it improves the movie in my eyes and I'm definitely going to buy it now.

Does it better explain why Batman decided not to give Superman the last blow or is it still because their mothers have the same name? Laughing

I doubt 30 extra minutes improve the movie by much as it was already too long.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Just seen the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman. I definitely agree that it's a much better movie with some things fleshed out properly.

Spoiler:

Overall, it improves the movie in my eyes and I'm definitely going to buy it now.

Does it better explain why Batman decided not to give Superman the last blow or is it still because their mothers have the same name? Laughing

That wasn't the reason Batman stopped and you know it. At least I hope you do, because it was easy to comprehend.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Spoiler:

That wasn't the reason Batman stopped and you know it. At least I hope you do, because it was easy to comprehend.

I think the writers(while they left some questions unanswered) overestimated the ability of the general audience to catch on to smartly interwoven insinuations. It's clear that Batman has PTSD. At least it was to me. He's clearly not a happy man and isn't in a relationship either(as seen by Alfred trying to get him to find a serious girl). On top of his lifelong PTSD, the events that went down in Metropolis pile on and drive his rage through the roof.

In the moment he hears "Martha", it's a clever - albeit not sufficiently portrayed - allusion to the fact that he has been seeing Superman as nothing but an alien who's a serious threat he must take out. All of a sudden this alien mentions "Martha".

"Why's he mentioning my mom's name? Can he read my mind? What else does he know? What is he capable of?"

Lois interrupts: "It's his mother's name!"

Bruce realizes this alien has humanity to him after all. He has people that care about him and whom he cares for. Bruce also realizes he himself is starting to turn into the very thing he has devoted his life to fighting against; rage filled evil.

THAT's why he didn't deliver the killing blow. THAT's why he dropped the kryptonite spear. Now, do I feel it could have been written a little better while still not spelling it out explicitly and beating us over the head with it? Absolutely. But it's amazing to me that a lot of people fail to look at the underlying themes in this movie. Everyone is so used to the simple abc served to us by Marvel. Once again, while it could have been written better, I appreciate the daring attempt to give us a complex script. They really should have had Chris Terrio alone write the entire script.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:34 pm

It also added another layer. It put Batman in the position of the man who murdered his mother. It triggered him to show him what he'd become. He was no longer any better than the man who killed his parents.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Freeza wrote:It also added another layer. It put Batman in the position of the man who murdered his mother. It triggered him to show him what he'd become. He was no longer any better than the man who killed his parents.

This too, yes! Spot on.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I know that was not the reason why he stopped. Was trying to be cheeky.

I'm not a film expert or anything but the way the scene was shot/directed, it kinda felt like that. If they wanted the scene to have a better impact, Snyder could've toned down Batman a little bit in his quest to kill Superman because his decision to then save Martha felt unnatural after all his rage. And yes again, I completely understand why he did it and all the implications, but when I watched it I felt it could've been shot/directed better.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Def agree it could've been directed better. The idea is amazing, but Snyder is not great. I hate how a lot of DC fans blame the studio for the hate on the 2,5 hour version. That is so much time to do the film you want to and if you can't, you're not very talented as a storyteller.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:34 am

Hyped beyond belief for Suicide Squad now. These new character spots are amazing.

This one in particular. Harley seems amazing. Margot Robbie ffs Proud

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't know man, the hype is not as strong as it was in the first (or second?) trailer. I hope it's a good one, I'll be going definitely.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 pm

I'm disappointed MCU didn't have have 3 movies out this year. The wait between Civil War and Dr. Strange is too long.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 pm

This clip is even better ffs

Leto :bow:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:54 am

I think Suicide Squad will kill in the theaters, but I think they waited too long to release it. They should have released it right after the new Independence Day. That said, my wife is all about the movie.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:56 am

Motogp69 wrote:I think Suicide Squad will kill in the theaters, but I think they waited too long to release it. They should have released it right after the new Independence Day. That said, my wife is all about the movie.

Pretty dumb to release that close before comic con imo. Comic con is the biggest hype machine and 2 weeks before release they can use it to get a huge push. Best release date in a long time for any movie strategically.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:15 am

Comic Con is usually used to push movies releasing in the next 6-12 months. I get the logic, I just think it's flawed.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:23 am

Motogp69 wrote:Comic Con is usually used to push movies releasing in the next 6-12 months. I get the logic, I just think it's flawed.

But releasing your movie against Finding Dory, Tarzan, BFG and Independence Day doesn't sound like a better move.

All weeks are so stacked and releasing before comic con would get there presence at their event to be smaller. Comic con is so important at the moment and Suicide Squad gives them more of a platform at that event.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 am

some big news regarding DC and TV

Big Honking Rumours For DC TV Ahead Of SDCC – Batwoman, Oracle, Constantine And John Wesley Shipp

This week sees San Diego Comic Con kick off, the biggest, most focused concentration of genre entertainment in the world, with an emphasis on comics and their effect on pop culture.

And central among them will be DC Entertainment’s television series, which have proved to be a dominant force in recent years, far more than any could have expected a few years ago.

Here’s what Bleeding Cool hears is planned. Some may be announced at San Diego. Some may not. Some may never be at all.

Welcome to the Big Honking DC TV Rumours Of San Diego Comic Con.

Kathy/Kate Kane and her alter ego, Batwoman, will appear on Supergirl as a recurring role. She will be Maggie Sawyer’s ex, whose adventures as Batwoman occasionally take her to National City.

Barbara Gordon will also appear as Oracle (mostly so as not to have Batwoman AND Batgirl).

Babs will develop a strong friendship with Kara, Supergirl. The Oracle/Batwoman relationship is being modeled after the original Chuck Dixon Era Birds Of Prey, but with Kathy/Kate as the operative instead of Dinah.

Batman himself is still tied to the Gotham deal at Fox, but Fox has been approached to share the character for a fee. It would likely only be economically feasible if an actor playing Bruce Wayne and Batman were made a series regular across the whole network to defer the licensing costs to Fox.

Fox obtained the Batman and Gotham TV rights as part of a deal that included giving Warner Bros the go ahead to release Batman ’66 on DVD. Even if Gotham were to end, they would retain rights as long as the DVDs were being sold.

John Wesley Shipp will be the third actor who will become a series regular across the whole CW DC Universe, after Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman. He will (obviously) be playing Jay Garrick, not Henry Allen.

Matt Ryan could get a similar deal as the network tests the streaming audience of Constantine as well as his appearances on the network this upcoming season. The Vampire Diaries is ending after this season and the network wants to keep Fridays as their horror night, probably pairing a Constantine-led series with workhorse Supernatural, which gets decent ratings whatever time slot it is moved to. iZombie is also seen as strong enough to lead Fridays with Supernatural if need be.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/18/big-honking-san-diego-rumours-for-dc-tv-supergirl-batwoman-oracle-constantine-and-john-wesley-shipp-sdcc-comic-con/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:09 am

Personally don't think Batman should be on TV. Not at CW anyways. Shame Netflix don't do DC shows because batman would be fantastic there like DD is.

Hopefully Constantine is revived though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:36 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 AnjsUpr
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm

can't wait for this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:can't wait for this

Trailer coming tomorrow, hopefully. Unless they make it comic con exclusive. Doubt it, after Suicide Squad last year.

I think they'll show a WW trailer and the one clip from Justice League tomorrow. Also maybe a Guardians trailer and a Spider-Man clip?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Trailer is too soon for it so maybe a teaser?

Marvel will show something for sure.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:Trailer is too soon for it so maybe a teaser?

Marvel will show something for sure.

Teasers are trailers at this point Laughing

The Wonder Woman teaser came out 6 months ago where we saw riding the horse etc. There'll be a trailer for sure. 1 year away is normal at this point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Forgot that teaser lol.

Really waiting for DC to tell us if Shazam movie is actually going ahead or not.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Forgot that teaser lol.

Really waiting for DC to tell us if Shazam movie is actually going ahead or not.

I'm still doubting it's ever going to happen. In any case they basically has said it's not going to be in the DCEU.

Probably gonna get the Rock to be Lobo after Deadpool's succes. Hoping there's some surprises tomorrow
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Kevin Conroy and Hamill both in it.

Not too sure about the animation there lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next