Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Gil
76 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG - Page 13 Empty Re: CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG

Post by chad4401 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 am

chelsea Laughing, psg Molenation and mou still going for 0-0 just to lose the tie in the end could've sworn i have seen this multiple times before hmm....... Laughing

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:18 am

I've always believed this would have been the most interesting match in CL, I saw 50% - 50% chances to both , and infact it was a double tie after extra time.
anyway if I take away the result very balanced, PSG deserved it .
I don't know if I am exagerrating, but I think Jose Mourinho is having a downturn as manager.
It is enough normal because no managers can keep  his prime for over a decade , it is same thing for other manager as Benitez and Wenger now , just SAF and Trapattoni could do it Laughing .
There are worst and best phases, managers aren't so different than players. and when you are done , you sheter to manage a NT.
It is not still the moment for Mourinho , because he is still one of best managers in the world .. but I don't think he is still the best than all.
for a decade I felt to watch a special manager, I haven't same sensation in last 3 years.  Still great, but not so much as he was.
It clashes to me watching the way he decided to play some important matches comparing them with other matches  seen during the past under him.
He looks like reclined on catenaccio and on nerves, more on calculation than courage, and when you do it , it is  harmful.
Yes, it was not always this .
In 2010 we parked the bus just in Barcelona because we were really obliged after that red card, but we never started with the idea to not play than playing at Stamford Bridge ( we had so many chances, more than Chelsea , Never done catenaccio for 90' although we won 2-1 in first leg  , we searched for goal also in 2nd half)   or against Barcelona at San Siro ( otherwise we never won 3-1) . As I said ,i am watching a different Mourinho now. Now probably he would have playing those 2 matches trying a double tie or parking the bus competely (as done against Atletico last year) in 2nd leg .  

For me he was really a special manager with Porto ( just a special manager could win the CL with that Porto on the other hand ) , with Chelsea ( that his Chelsea was great, I remind that  2005 with just  15 goals conceded for example) , with Inter ( well , the treble , CL is difficult for pressure , do it after 45 years is even more incredible)  . for a decade.
Now he doesn't look like special again to me.
Would have the old Mourinho played this double match in this way ?
Even him , not always unbiased after the losses, admitted that the best team won .. .

He' s always a  great  manager anyway , on the other hand  he is going to win another Premier League.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:19 am

DeviAngel wrote:CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG - Page 13 Mv4z0m

:facepalm:

rofl rofl rofl
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:24 am

No , it is not a joke .
It is based on a true story.
Marco Verratti is not a starter in Italian NT
Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 am

Gotta make room for Aquilani and De Rossi tbf.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 am

Robespierre wrote:I've always believed this would have been the most interesting match in CL, I saw 50% - 50% chances to both , and infact it was a double tie after extra time.
I don't know if I am exagerrating, but I think Jose Mourinho is having a downturn as manager.
It is enough normal because no managers can keep  his prime for over a decade , it is same thing for other manager as Benitez and Wenger now , just SAF and Trapattoni could do it Laughing .
There are worst and best phases, managers aren't so different than players. and when you are done , you sheter to manage a NT.
It is not still the moment for Mourinho , because he is still one of best managers in the world .. but I don't think he is still the best than all.
for a decade I felt to watch a special manager, I haven't same sensation in last 3 years.  Still great, but not so much as he was.
It clashes to me watching the way he decided to play some important matches comparing them with other matches  seen during the past under him.
He looks like reclined on catenaccio and on nerves, more on calculation than courage, and when you do it , it is  harmful.
In 2010 we parked the bus just in Barcelona because we were really obliged after that red card, but we never started with the idea to not play than playing at Stamford Bridge ( we had so many chances, more than Chelsea , Never done catenaccio for 90' although we won 2-1 in first leg  , we searched for goal also in 2nd half)   or against Barcelona at San Siro ( otherwise we never won 3-1) . As I said ,i am watching a different Mourinho now. Now probably he would have playing those 2 matches trying a double tie or parking the bus competely (as done against Atletico last year) in 2nd leg .  

For me he was really a special manager with Porto ( just a special manager could win the CL with that Porto on the other hand ) , with Chelsea ( that his Chelsea was great, I remind that  2005 with just  15 goals conceded for example) , with Inter ( well , the treble , CL is difficult for pressure , do it after 45 years is even more incredible)  . for a decade.
Even him , not always unbiased after the losses, admitted that the best team won .. .

He' s always a  great  manager anyway , on the other hand  he is going to win another Premier League.

he hasn't been the same since he left Inter .

there was nothing " special " about his time in Spain and we've yet to see anything noteworthy in his second spell in England .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 am

Robespierre wrote:No , it is not a joke .
It is based on a true story.
Marco Verratti is not a starter in Italian NT
Proud

i bet Conte will never consider Andrea Raggi, who might actually be the best italian defender this year Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 am

Robespierre wrote:I've always believed this would have been the most interesting match in CL, I saw 50% - 50% chances to both , and infact it was a double tie after extra time.
It is enough normal because no managers can keep  his prime for over a decade , it is same thing for other manager  as Benitez and Wenger now , just SAF and Trapattoni could do it Laughing .
There are worst and best phases, managers aren't so different than players. and when you are done ,  you sheter to manage a NT.
In 2010 we parked the bus just in Barcelona because we were really obliged after that red card, but we never started with the idea to not play than playing at Stamford Bridge ( we had so many chances, more than Chelsea , Never done catenaccio for 90' although we won 2-1 in first leg  , we searched for goal also in 2nd half)   or against Barcelona at San Siro ( otherwise we never won 3-1) . As I said ,i am watching a different Mourinho now. Now probably he would have playing those 2 matches trying a double tie or parking the bus competely (as done  against Atletico last year)  in 2nd leg .  

La Liga broke him. It was one level too high for him. It happens. Ask Fabregas.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 am

Credit to him for what he did in Porto, but people do go overboard with that. You guys do know who the semi-finalist were that CL?

Chelsea (Before Roman), Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. I wouldn't call them all European super houses Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:40 am

Doc wrote:Anyway, the most unjust red card since Thiago Motta
Motta did deserve a red card, though. hmm

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:17 am

BORUSSIA!! wrote:btw who is suspended for PSG in their next leg?

i know veratti and ibra are for sure
That's it. But they get Lucas Moura back (suspended for this game) and Cabaye should be healthy by then.

Personally, i think Pastore on one side and Lucas Moura on the other with a CF is the most potent setup for PSG. It gives them a lot better balance on the attack than having Ibra-CF both play on top or have Cavani play wide.

Cavani needs to stop being a retard with his finishing though...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:27 am

2012-2013 CL QF PSG get eliminated on away goals 3-3 against Barcelona
2013-2014 CL QF PSG get eliminated on away goals 3-3 against Chelsea
2014-2015 CL Last 16 PSG go through on away goals 3-3 against Chelsea

Third times the luck Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:40 am

While I admit there a lot of ppl on the PSG bandwagon just cuz, I dont see why ppl should hate PSG so bad. Oil money or not, PSG played miles better on both ties. And speaking about oil money what about Roman?
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 am

Bravo Paris . I was a neutral just as last year but the spirit they showed ... That's why I love football. Even If I was a chelsea fan I would have OK with PSG going through. They deserved it.
Money well spent. I'm looking forward to see who's going to be their next CF after Ibra ( Benzema ? ).
Man City should learn from that and get ride of mercenary like Sagna, Clichy who are mainly looking for a last big paycheck.

Now Hopefully we get PSG vs Dortmund/Juventus !!
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 am

Well, that was bad for Chelsea.

I was telling my friend during the match that there's no way one of the continental top teams would play as cautiously as Chelsea did when at home with a man advantage. Chelsea were way too happy to count on their advantage from the first leg to hold and I do enjoy the fact that their approach failed and they went out. At home, after 90 minutes of playing with an extra man. Damn.

It was never a red card, but I remember being disappointed with Zlatan last season in this fixture and he was equally disappointing in his 30 minutes this time round. He was just walking about, not really trying to make himself available. I don't watch the French league, but is he past it, does he play like this every game?

The ref "counter-bottled" it shortly after the red when he didn't give Chelsea a penalty for the blatant foul on Costa by Cavani.

Anyway, happy with a result and the scale of drama was great for a knock-out CL game Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:26 am

Art Morte wrote:Well, that was bad for Chelsea.

I was telling my friend during the match that there's no way one of the continental top teams would play as cautiously as Chelsea did when at home with a man advantage. Chelsea were way too happy to count on their advantage from the first leg to hold and I do enjoy the fact that their approach failed and they went out. At home, after 90 minutes of playing with an extra man. Damn.

It was never a red card, but I remember being disappointed with Zlatan last season in this fixture and he was equally disappointing in his 30 minutes this time round. He was just walking about, not really trying to make himself available. I don't watch the French league, but is he past it, does he play like this every game?

The ref "counter-bottled" it shortly after the red when he didn't give Chelsea a penalty for the blatant foul on Costa by Cavani.

Anyway, happy with a result and the scale of drama was great for a knock-out CL game Proud

The Red Card was justified. It was a very dangerous play. The timing (early on in the match) and the frequency (probably Ibra's first foul during the game) might have alluded you to think otherwise. But it was a very dangerous tackle (The angle, aim and intensity of the tackle justified the red). Referee was okay for such a nerve wrecking very competitive match.

@Art, Chelsea weren't comfortable or happy as you've put it. They were attacking and trying to create plays to score first as if their lives depended on it. But it was not meant to be. It happens. The point is whether they will continue to build on that form and not resort back to their old antics of parking the bus.  PSG can be very dangerous on the counters and Chelsea didn't want to concede on one of those counters whilst at the same time building plays to score. PSG did what Chelsea would normally do; they parked the bus (before the Ibra sending off), relied on counters, and committed fouls to disrupt the momentum of the game.  

Chelsea should have started with Zouma instead Ramires and Willian instead of Oscar. Other than that, Chelsea played a decent game, they controlled the tempo and attacked but were unlucky to concede two goals from set pieces at injury time. (I've talked about in details in a pre-match analysis  post in the Chelsea section in one of those closed threads).
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 am

Except if you look at the replay, it's Oscar's studs that make contact with Ibra's shin, yet it's Oscar who acts like he stepped into a bear trap. It WAS a dangerous tackle, i agree, Ibra was lucky to not be seriously hurt. Alsoexplain to me the reaction of the entire Chelsea squad?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 am

They were reacting to what appeared to be a very dangerous tackle both on field and in replay.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:17 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Credit to him for what he did in Porto, but people do go overboard with that. You guys do know who the semi-finalist were that CL?

Chelsea (Before Roman), Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. I wouldn't call them all European super houses Laughing

Woah. Slow down.

You may not like the man, but don't try and belittle or downplay his achievements.

Looks absolutely pathetic.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:18 am

huntsman wrote:They were reacting to what appeared to be a very dangerous tackle both on field and in replay.

That's why Terry stomped Oscar's head while rushing to the referee to force him to send Ibrahimovic off, without checking on Oscar to see if he was hurt at all after that 'very dangerous' tackle.

I'd be surprised if any of the players cared about Oscar.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:34 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG - Page 13 Mv4z0m

:facepalm:

rofl rofl rofl

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

man-marking at its best rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:06 am

Art Morte wrote:I was telling my friend during the match that there's no way one of the continental top teams would play as cautiously as Chelsea did when at home with a man advantage.
They could have checked over at Bayern how this is done properly. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am

Anyway , tbh  , PSG is better than Chelsea for team .

Some tended to underrate PSG because there is Mourinho factor and Mourinho to be kncoked out in 16 round is always an event.
And because PSG isn't play well in Ligue One, but simply they want the Champions League. They have the head on it.
It is enough to compare 11 vs 11.

It might seem strange , but Ibra's red card was really important for match . Not because Ibra brings ijinx Laughing but why Chelsea relaxed after it while PSG played  with blood in my eyes , and expecially because Chelsea was forced to change its gameplay , Chelsea was obliged to play the match after it despite  the clear technical inferiority ....
For me Diego Costa is better than Cavani anyway , but Cavani is the perfect CF on outnumbered for his incredible work rate
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

RealGunner wrote:
huntsman wrote:They were reacting to what appeared to be a very dangerous tackle both on field and in replay.

That's why Terry stomped Oscar's head while rushing to the referee to force him to send Ibrahimovic off, without checking on Oscar to see if he was hurt at all after that 'very dangerous' tackle.

I'd be surprised if any of the players cared about Oscar.

An impulsive action to vindicate his sense of injustice.
Are we going to discuss ethics now? Because I am not saying its the right or wrong move; all I am saying is it is a predictable justified action under the given circumstances.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:00 am

On second look it wasn't a red or even a yellow. Mourinho's tactics are just shameful for a big club tbh. I know people will bring the 'but it gets results' but that only works if you get results.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am

jibers wrote:On second look it wasn't a red or even a yellow. Mourinho's tactics are just shameful for a big club tbh. I know people will bring the 'but it gets results' but that only works if you get results.

Eh, they'll most likely win the PL (don't know how much weight that carries anymore) but no doubt this was a terrible performance.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next