Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Gil
76 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG - Page 14 Empty Re: CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:09 pm

jibers wrote:On second look it wasn't a red or even a yellow. Mourinho's tactics are just shameful for a big club tbh. I know people will bring the 'but it gets results' but that only works if you get results.

Eh, they'll most likely win the PL (don't know how much weight that carries anymore) but no doubt this was a terrible performance.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 pm

Lex wrote:Except if you look at the replay, it's Oscar's studs that make contact with Ibra's shin, yet it's Oscar who acts like he stepped into a bear trap. It WAS a dangerous tackle, i agree, Ibra was lucky to not be seriously hurt. Alsoexplain to me the reaction of the entire Chelsea squad?

It wasn't a red card, but saying Oscar's tackle was "dangerous", when he reaches the ball clearly first than Ibra, is just stupid.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BORUSSIA!! wrote:btw who is suspended for PSG in their next leg?

i know veratti and ibra are for sure
That's it.  But they get Lucas Moura back (suspended for this game) and Cabaye should be healthy by then.

Lucas was suspended for this game ? scratch he didn't even play the last one , and i thought he was still injured .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:57 pm

its somewhat ironic that a chelsea fan bashes psg for its oil money and lack of history considering chelsea's background, isn't it? that said, i saw nothing wrong with mourinho's strategy, psg were just the better side and kept going at them with a 'nothing to lose' mindset.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Credit to him for what he did in Porto, but people do go overboard with that. You guys do know who the semi-finalist were that CL?

Chelsea (Before Roman), Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. I wouldn't call them all European super houses Laughing

lol you have to look at context, you can't use those teams present state or even their history to disregard what they did at THAT time...depor were a solid side and that season was their last hoorah, they also eliminated a tough milan side boasting a young kaka by overturning a 4-1 deficit, monaco eliminated a strong madrid side on paper boasting all sorts of galacticos (and madrid up until that point were having a good season in spain, the team eliminated, ronaldo had an injury later and the team just started messing up in the league), roman had taken over chelsea by then, contrary to your point; and they had started spending like crazy, they could afford to have guys like crespo, mutu, joe cole, geremi on the bench for that game, just didn't have the right coach and once again look at who they eliminated, arsenal's invincibles... like or dislike mourinho, winning with porto was an incredible feat, winning the champions league is an incredible feat, regardless. let's not forget his porto side had also won the europa league(uefa cup) in the previous year.....the guy may be a bit of a maniac but its wrong to devalue what he did in that period with porto
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

izzy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Credit to him for what he did in Porto, but people do go overboard with that. You guys do know who the semi-finalist were that CL?

Chelsea (Before Roman), Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. I wouldn't call them all European super houses Laughing

Woah. Slow down.

You may not like the man, but don't try and belittle or downplay his achievements.

Looks absolutely pathetic.

titosantill wrote:

lol you have to look at context, you can't use those teams present state or even their history to disregard what they did at THAT time...depor were a solid side and that season was their last hoorah, they also eliminated a tough milan side boasting a young kaka by overturning a 4-1 deficit, monaco eliminated a strong madrid side on paper boasting all sorts of galacticos (and madrid up until that point were having a good season in spain, the team eliminated, ronaldo had an injury later and the team just started messing up in the league), roman had taken over chelsea by then, contrary to your point; and they had started spending like crazy, they could afford to have guys like crespo, mutu, joe cole, geremi on the bench for that game,  just didn't have the right coach and once again look at who they eliminated, arsenal's invincibles... like or dislike mourinho, winning with porto was an incredible feat, winning the champions league is an incredible feat, regardless. let's not forget his porto side had also won the europa league(uefa cup) in the previous year.....the guy may be a bit of a maniac but its wrong to devalue what he did in that period with porto

Did I not say credit to him? So no I'm not down playing his achievement or devaluing it.

I was merely pointing out those clubs in highlighting were the elites sat that time and I know that those clubs were actually good not scrubs. I apologize for getting the Roman bit mistaken. It was a little easier compared to today for these clubs to also hold on to their star players compared to today.

The reason is I don't like the fact people point out his Porto run and believe no one can be better then him just because he won it with Porto, so he's the all time best coach to be in the game specifically due to that and it'll always be his advantage.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Did I not say credit to him? So no I'm not down playing his achievement or devaluing it.

I was merely pointing out those clubs in highlighting were the elites sat that time and I know that those clubs were actually good not scrubs. I apologize for getting the Roman bit mistaken. It was a little easier compared to today for these clubs to also hold on to their star players compared to today.

The reason is I don't like the fact people point out his Porto run and believe no one can be better then him just because he won it with Porto, so he's the all time best coach to be in the game specifically due to that and it'll always be his advantage.

That's like starting off a sentence saying "No disrespect......."
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Porto only won that final because of terrible referees benefitting them, so I personally have no problem with downplaying the achievement. Smile

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 pm

not to mention that Monaco had the hardest road to the final and was still battling Lyon and PSG for the title until the end .

Porto goes out in the second round if it weren't for Howard's howler :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Porto goes out in the RO16 if Scholes' goal isn't wrongly disallowed for offside.

Porto probably goes out in the QF if Luyindula's goal isn't wrongly disallowed for offside.

Porto probably goes out in the SF if Andrade isn't wrongly sent off in the first leg and Depor gets a penalty in the second leg.

Porto doesn't win as comfortably in the F if all those offside decisions don't go in their favour.

hmm

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Damn son hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:39 pm

"Ifs Buts Maybes.........."

"Shoulda Woulda Coulda............"

Excuse making business people.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Mourinho only has two European Cups to his name because of favourable referee decisions. It's not excuse-making, it's facts.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Pippo wrote:Mourinho only has two European Cups to his name because of favourable referee decisions. It's not excuse-making, it's facts.

Would you like to name me the coach who won it without a favorable referee decision.....?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Josep Guardiola.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:50 pm

nobody's saying he's the greatest, just saying its an achievement that can't just be thrown away like its an everyday thing....as far as ucl goes, what matters is what happens not "what ifs", for most ucl wins one can think of "what if" scenarios, "what if ramos didn't score in extra time", "what if the ref allowed krkic's goal against inter" "what if chelsea weren't screwed in the 2009 semis" "what if mess didn't botch his pk against chelsea" "or bayern didn't have a brain fart in 99" "or terry didn't slip" "or pepe wasn't wrongfully carded" ...point being we can find a "what if" in almost any major game or final, what matters is what happened. "what if" isn't enough to disregard a sporting achievement. i get it, mourinho can be a donkey, i know, i saw how he handled some things at madrid and he's not the best coach of all time, but his fans will always bring up the porto feat, its justified to a reasonable extent...had simeone won, that would have been more impressive......
but you know we couldn't let that happen
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Pippo wrote:Josep Guardiola.

Ok, you're trolling.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:57 pm

"What if" can downplay a sporting achievement when it happens several times throughout the achievement at key points which benefits the team in question.

I've already listed what happened in 2003-04. In 2009-10, Inter got away with murder against Chelsea over both legs and there was the scandal against Barcelona in the semifinal.

I have no sympathy for Mourinho whenever he complains about officials.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:00 pm

I have nothing else to say.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 pm

officiating mistakes happen, no official purposely made the guy win what he won....he complains about them a lot, and sometimes its pathetic, few times its justified. they've helped and hurt him but its not a case of calciopoli or something like that, i'm sure a mourinho fan can also bring out a boatload of evidence of when officiating hurt him in the champions league.....(and i mentioned that game u brought up as well in my "what if" rant...altho very happy about that, i might have shed tears in the presence of my kids had barcelona won the champions league at the bernabeau, which they were obsessing about)
i'm defending mou a bit too much here, i'm supposed to be working.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:12 pm

izzy wrote:

Winter is Coming wrote:Did I not say credit to him? So no I'm not down playing his achievement or devaluing it.

That's like starting off a sentence saying "No disrespect......."

Well I know I meant no disrespect or taking credibility away from him I know what I said.  If you feel that's what I'm implying then so be it.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Getting there first but with studs showing is still a foul... Usually, any studs showing is an auto yellow card these days and often worst. that's 100% a foul on Oscar.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 pm

One more thing: how did Matic finish the tie with not a single yellow card? rofl

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Pippo wrote:One more thing: how did Matic finish the tie with not a single yellow card? rofl

Was he playing? Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:47 pm

another masterpiece from the tactical mastermind :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:43 pm

I know I will get flamed but I think this shows that EPL as a league is in crises and the quality has dropped. Mou is stuck with some version of catenaccio and yet he is winning in EPL, he has lost it. I am sure that few years ago with this play style chelsea would be fighting for the 3-4th spot.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next