MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by S Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 pm

But that was two yrs ago Mole.Presently i dont see him being any better than Ramsey.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Maybe not but he hasn't really had the chance to prove otherwise yet.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
MJ wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Not better than Ramsey or Wilshere tbh

BS, he is so much better, is an actual complete player.

Definitely, definitely not better than Ramsey.

Put the red and white shades away, assuming that he can actually get back to the form pre injury he's much better lol.

Ramsey hasn't come close to the performances he showed in Dortmund's CL run.

And 10 years ago Zidane was better than Gundogan too.

Ramsey is comfortably better than Gundogan. His last season was nearly as good as Gundogans CL run. Just because he had better teammates at Dortmund than Ramsey did which helped him reach the final doesn't make his personal run any better. Ramsey single handedly won us the FA Cup.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 pm

better team mates Laughing

Gundogan dominated every team until the final and was the main reason they got there, team mates had nothing to do with it.

Outside of Xavi or Iniesta there hasn't been a better performance from CM, over last few years. He absolutely ran through the competition.

Also the team mates weren't much better than what Arsenal has now, they were just better coached. You can't tell me that Ozil and Sanchez are inferior to Gotze and Reus.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:32 pm

We had Sanchez in 12/13 season scratch

That's the year we had the likes of Squillaci, Chamakh, Bendtner and Jenkinson Laughing

Ramsey destroyed Bayern at the Allianz. Only team to beat bayern at the Allianz.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:47 pm

RG there is no need to be upset Proud

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:55 pm

B-Mac wrote:RG there is no need to be upset Proud

Why would he.Arsenal are on course for another trophy while the 300 million pound Man United team are finishing the season with zeru tituli for a second straight yr Proud

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Got 4-5 better CMs than him in our youth team alone

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Going to have to agree with mole here, prime Gundogan was insane, i loved watching him play. Ramsey has improved a lot and is more of a goal threat but he doesn't dominate games like Gundogan did. rg go on youtube and watch Gundogan vs RM to refresh your memory on how good he was.

ATM though ramsey is better, gundogan is a shadow of his former self and will most likely never re-catch his prime form, he's the midfield version of torres
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 pm

S wrote:
B-Mac wrote:RG there is no need to be upset Proud

Why would he.Arsenal are on course for another trophy while the 300 million pound Man United team are finishing the season with zeru tituli for a second straight yr Proud

lol already following me around the forum Proud

thought this would wait till transfer season

it's ok we make all the money we spend, you jelly?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Gundogan is a poor man's Diaby tbh :coffee:

But for real, coming to a league as physical as the EPL could ruin his career.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Jesus is breaks my heart to see Arsenal, United and Juve fans going at it

3 of my top 25 clubs easily. Why can't we all just get along ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Also, nobody knows what they're getting with Gundogan now. Could be a gem of a transfer, could also be a shell of his former self. I guess if you want midfielders and you have plenty to spend, it's not an unthinkable gamble to take. So yeah, might as well.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Gundogan during the 12/13 season was a fantastic midfielder. One of the best all-round midfielders about at that time.

The issue is, as has been mentioned, his injury problems which have kept him out for so long. You can't always guarantee the player will return and play to the same standards he used to. Remember, it took Ramsey about a season and a half to become good again.

Still, if United are signing him and they get him back to his best, they'll have a fantastic player on the same level, if not a higher level, than Ramsey, who's yet to show the required consistency for a top level midfielder (mostly due to his frequent hamstring issues).

Arsenal need depth/improvement for DM, but between Ramsey and Cazorla the CM positions are fine enough to the extent that we probably don't need a £30mil player to bolster that area of the squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:31 pm

We need Kondogbia if Diaby leaves. Perfect player who can do what we need and more.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 am

Gündogan is not better than Ramsey/Cazorla, we don't need him, let it go.

What we need in midfield is a defensive midfielder who will hopefully replace Flamini in the squad to give Coquelin a fight for his position, and it wouldn't be terrible if he would be able to play with Coquelin in case Wilshere/Ramsey/Cazorla are injured or when we are defending a result.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:09 am

Apparently Axel Witsel wants out of Zenit, and could go for about £21mil.

Tall, strong, good passer of the ball. Somebody to consider, maybe.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:11 am

Definitely yes. Wenger can get it down to 17-18m.

Will try him out on fifa asap
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:16 am

No not him, i dont see what so good about him except being tall, everyone talks about him like just a tier below wc, he's so average everytime I watched him, reminds me of Capoue, one note player w/o any sorta urgency.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:27 am

More people should jump on the Krychowiak hype train imo.

That's if Schneiderlin is too expensive or simply not available.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:40 am

Last time I checked Gundogan did mad stuff 2/3 years ago. That's all I'm saying. I know he was injured for a long time after that, but that's all I'm saying :coffee:

Matter of fact, that's not all I'm saying! I watched a fair amount of Dortmund games back in the CL run and the Bundesliga that season and he didn't particularly stand out like Vidal did that season (or the season after that) or Ramsey did last season or Poggies did this season. So nah, Gundogan ain't all that imo.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:56 am

There are a lot of really good players out there. Gundogan is one of them. I think that there are a few different player profiles that could contribute to deep/central midfield ...

Krychowiak, Kondogbia, Schneiderlin ... all would be worthwhile acquisitions IMO. I like what I've seen of Witsel too but I don't watch him closely or anything, and he doesn't quite fit the more supporting/defensive profile. I couldn't see someone like him fitting unless Wenger really did have plans to shake up midfield, such as offload at least two of Diaby/Arteta/Rosicky, and maybe actually convert Wilshere into more of a DM type, etc.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Gündogan is not better than Ramsey/Cazorla, we don't need him, let it go.

What we need in midfield is a defensive midfielder who will hopefully replace Flamini in the squad to give Coquelin a fight for his position, and it wouldn't be terrible if he would be able to play with Coquelin in case Wilshere/Ramsey/Cazorla are injured or when we are defending a result.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Speaking as someone who's seen both players on a regular basis:

Krychowiak is a beast defensively but technically he's no better than Flamini or Coquelin. I'm not convinced he's the best fit for us; we've all seen how we lose control of the ball whenever Flamini comes on, and I'd fear something similar occurring with Krychowiak.

Kondogbia has the technical quality and the physicality but I'm not sure DM is his best role. I think he's better as a box-to-box player. Wasn't always the quickest across the ground and in his reactions at Sevilla; don't know if he's improved on that front since his move to Monaco.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Remember reading somewhere in this thread or in the GS that Micah Richards is a free agent this summer

If he can accept relatively low wages and accept a squad role. Then is it worth bringing him in?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Remember reading somewhere in this thread or in the GS that Micah Richards is a free agent this summer

If he can accept relatively low wages and accept a squad role. Then is it worth bringing him in?

Play him where though?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next