Harmonica
Mr Nick09
85 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Bale is football Javale Mcgee - Page 9 Empty Re: Bale is football Javale Mcgee

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 1:12:04

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Gil wrote:Who are you going to sign that's better? Robben, Ribery, Messi and Neymar are unavailable. Reus also supposedly is as well.

He's better than Hazard, Sanchez and Sterling. He's the best you've got, just needs to get back to the basics.
So Neymar is better than Hazard Jill?

Proud

Neymar > Bale, Bale > Hazard, Hence Neymar > Hazard

Gil logic :bow:

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 23 Mar - 2:47:05

What the hell am I reading? Unbelievable stuff.

Mole watched the game Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 23 Mar - 2:48:06

Nah mate i'm just so good at not watching games i can pathologically know what happened and act like i watched.

Practice makes perfect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 23 Mar - 3:14:57

I wonder if we could do a Sterling + cash swap for Bale? I would love that for Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 3:42:26

No more British players pls gawd no
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 23 Mar - 4:29:32

Why are you guys pretending Reus is some technical wizard? Like Bale he's excellent in open space & transitions. Half the player against parked buses. Hazard is the best technical player outside Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona but he's far too expensive and doesn't score enough goals.

Bale is clearly the best option until the next best thing pops up on the market. Just go back to Isco and Hames outwide until he regains last seasons form.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 5:00:18

there is where you make a mistake, bale is only excellent in open space, against good to terrible teams. For the life of me, Bale spent two years in madrid now and has yet to put in a defining performance, through and through, against top level oppositions. Even his incredible run vs bartra came off a game where without Ronaldo, he was looking rather poor.

You want to compare him to Reus? it's not even close as far as i am concerned. Reus control and technique are much more refined. Decision making wise, it;s night and day difference, not to mention the simple things like passing, knowing when to come in to get the ball, making deep runs, pressing, genuinely setting up other guys.

Im not even sure what you are comparing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon 23 Mar - 6:05:07

Imagine Reus and Benzema together then CR to pop up "Intelligently" from nowhere..

Instead we have Benzema and CR "Intelligently" keeping the ball away from Bale. Who, instead of making runs, does nothing in return that even his markers leaves him alone out wide giving him space out of pity.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 23 Mar - 6:28:20

JD... Bale had another one of those plays where he held on the ball too long and got caught instead of making the easy centering ball to Ronaldo who was wide open. Remind you of another one Laughing

The infuriating thing is that when he finally gets open with one of his speed runs, more often than not he makes a bad decision with the ball. Sometimes i feel like killing him!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 23 Mar - 8:15:01

To this day I remain baffled as to why Real Madrid lavished that amount on Gareth Bale considering he isn't even worth half that amount. While useful in his (very limited) dimensions I have not seen a player who is rated so highly yet so incredibly inane or limited on his craft.

Bale does not compare to Reus as there is no comparison as I do not know how even he would be considered better than Hazard.

Where does he go from here? Work upon his wide array of weaknesses? Or work upon his strengths? Given that he is 25, he has time to improve yet I've only seen stagnation, to which may be based off in the league he plays or not being used to the best of his abilities.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon 23 Mar - 11:12:16

El Cujo wrote:I wonder if we could do a Sterling + cash swap for Bale? I would love that for Liverpool.

i'll have no problem with that.

i don't even watch much of sterling.

worst case scenario, sterling is another biggest fraud in history, but he's benchable,

yup, our situation still improve, 9/10 will make the same decision again.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon 23 Mar - 11:30:23

Cujo means Bale plus cash.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 23 Mar - 15:41:27

I want to get this out the way first. Carlo missed a situation which I think could have helped Bale and Madrid out in this game.

If I was him, I would have swapped him and Cristiano over from the start.

Bale cant outrun Alba, if there is only one tihng Alba is good at, its not getting beat by guys who take him on for straight speed in a straight line. Put Cristiano on that side so if he has to play with his back to Alba, he can physically hold it and do what he wants while being a MAJOR threat for a cross to the 2nd post. Put Bale on the left where he could probably outrun Alves. Alves would ruff him him when he has his back to play and press him into mistakes, but at the very least he can out run him in a straight race. Plus on the left, he can put in crosses (he is great at that).

Bale is who is is, 1 dimensional cross country sprinter without much in the way of footballing intelligence.

Excellent speed, but unlike even Walcott he hasnt learnt to run behind or make diagonal runs to make the best use of it. He has to have the ball at his feet, facing the goal already and with space around him to do anything even remotely useful.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 23 Mar - 15:50:46

so .... is anybody still laughing about the Aubameyang comparisons at this point ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 23 Mar - 15:54:59

farfan wrote:so .... is anybody still laughing about the Aubameyang comparisons at this point ?

Considering Aubameyang is even worse.... yes.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 23 Mar - 15:56:45

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:so .... is anybody still laughing about the Aubameyang comparisons at this point ?

Considering Aubameyang is even worse.... yes.

he's not worse Laughing

Aubameyang at least learned how to make a simple through pass since he arrived in Dortmund .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 23 Mar - 15:59:09

So can Bale when he's not being deployed out of position and lost all confidence in himself.

Everyone saw what he was capable of at Spurs when he was actually playing in a position where he can excell, he's nowhere near Madrid level but he's not crap and much better than Aubameyang.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 23 Mar - 16:17:57

I dunno, I think if Ronaldo wasn't on the team and Bale was allowed to play as a roaming left midfielder/winger he'd be Madrid level -- he'd be one of the best players in the world as he was once before. I would absolutely take him to be Liverpool's focal point in a second. Having two players like Ronaldo and Bale on the same team is tough to accommodate IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 16:26:01

The Franchise wrote:I want to get this out the way first. Carlo missed a situation which I think could have helped Bale and Madrid out in this game.

Bale cant outrun Alba, if there is only one tihng Alba is good at, its not getting beat by guys who take him on for straight speed in a straight line. Put Cristiano on that side so if he has to play with his back to Alba, he can physically hold it and do what he wants while being a MAJOR threat for a cross to the 2nd post. Put Bale on the left where he could probably outrun Alves. Alves would ruff him him when he has his back to play and press him into mistakes, but at the very least he can out run him in a straight race. Plus on the left, he can put in crosses (he is great at that).

Bale is who is is, 1 dimensional cross country sprinter without much in the way of footballing intelligence.

Excellent speed, but unlike even Walcott he hasnt learnt to run behind or make diagonal runs to make the best use of it. He has to have the ball at his feet, facing the goal already and with space around him to do anything even remotely useful.
you have a point but you cant tactically direct CR, you know that. you cant force him on a wing. DOnt you already see Benzema bending himself all kind of ways to make room for CR when he decides he wants to play CF to get at the end of crosses, and send benzema on the right to do the dirty work for him?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon 23 Mar - 16:29:41

El Cujo wrote:I dunno, I think if Ronaldo wasn't on the team and Bale was allowed to play as a roaming left midfielder/winger he'd be Madrid level -- he'd be one of the best players in the world as he was once before. I would absolutely take him to be Liverpool's focal point in a second. Having two players like Ronaldo and Bale on the same team is tough to accommodate IMO.

What is this?

Oh my Lord....... :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 16:37:50

El Cujo wrote:I dunno, I think if Ronaldo wasn't on the team and Bale was allowed to play as a roaming left midfielder/winger he'd be Madrid level -- he'd be one of the best players in the world as he was once before. I would absolutely take him to be Liverpool's focal point in a second. Having two players like Ronaldo and Bale on the same team is tough to accommodate IMO.
i have said it already, im pretty sure any player given a free role and absolved from defensive duties can look good anywhere. but that's not how football works, and while bale looked good in that scheme, it barely worked out for spurs which finished outside of the top 4. Dont know about you but that's miserable, and that's not a player i want leading my team. If we are going to give you freedom, you need to be outright unplayable, but Bale is not, has never been, and will never be on that level.

In todays football, being fast is not enough. And that donkey only has one dimension to his football. It's been quite obvious for the past 2 years, during which i repeat,  he hasnt put in a single, start to end, dominant game against elite opposition. That scrub LB from Valencia single handily bullied and destroyed him 1v1, pathetic...

Bale sucks.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 23 Mar - 16:45:09

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I want to get this out the way first. Carlo missed a situation which I think could have helped Bale and Madrid out in this game.

you have a point but you cant tactically direct CR, you know that. you cant force him on a wing. DOnt you already see Benzema bending himself all kind of ways to make room for CR when he decides he wants to play CF to get at the end of crosses, and send benzema on the right to do the dirty work for him?

Well Cristiano will do what he wants, he will have a sulk I know this. But if you move Bale to the left, Cristiano will have to move into wherever the space find him.

We know he wont stay out on the right, obviously not. But he also isnt a idioit, if Bale or Marcelo is in a crossing position on the left he will get into the box next to the smallest man on the field.

The most important thing I think is getting something out of as many as you can. I think you can get something out of Bale on the left vs Barca.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 16:49:33

Generally speaking if he was playing on the left side, a bit like DiMaria did in his last season but in a more advanced position obviously, then it would yield better results in terms of efficiency for him, and make it much simpler for him in terms of what he needs to do. Tactically it's just an issue for Carlo has he needs that threat on right, and he needs the team to defend in 442, and it's CR's favored side.

Bale is just not smart enough to handle all the intricacies that come with playing inverted right winger. Not an indictment against him, he is who he is, and it's our mistake rating him above his station and asking him to do those things.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 23 Mar - 16:57:52

You know overall I 100% agree about Bale, never rated him to start with and obviously have no reason to change it now.

Maybe some people are blinded still by a his 2 moments against Atletico and Barca which won the game more or less, but I think the more astute people will notice that Madrid could have won those very same games earlier if he (and others obviously) didnt play so poorly. Add that to his general struggles I think its clear Madrid is a step too far for him.

If he was signed for say 15m, he would be viewed differently...they would just say, he is a good humble guy who is trying but this isnt his level...but when you sign him for that much, its a different kind of frustration for fans because you expect more.

Ideally you could have turned to James alot earlier than you turned to Jese and maybe something could have been salvaged.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Mar - 17:04:13

Exactly, having a player like bale, who can be so fast is a good thing for any team. It's the baggage he came with that makes it so problematic. he cost a 100 millions, hence, he is impossible to rotate, impossible to criticize, impossible to bench, because he has been sold as the future of Madrid, the one that will take over CR and compete for ballon d'or, future best in the world...

it's all false, mind you, if Perez has succeeded in signing Neymar, Bale would have never come to us.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 23 Mar - 17:18:16

I doubt Neymar would have been all that successful on the right mind you, he looked meh at best there for Barca last year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next