Freeza
El Gunner
Peccadillo
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Oscars 2015 - Page 5 Empty Re: Oscars 2015

Post by Glory Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:50 pm

IMDb wrote:In the three hours I spent with him, he said maybe eight sentences," recalls Redmayne. "I just didn't feel like I could ask him intimate things." Therefore, he found other ways to prepare for the role. He lost about 15 pounds and trained for four months with a dancer to learn how to control his body. He met with 40 ALS patients, kept a chart tracking the order in which Hawking's muscles declined, and stood in front of a mirror for hours on end, contorting his face. Lastly, he remained motionless and hunched over between takes, so much so that an osteopath told him he had altered the alignment of his spine. "I fear I'm a bit of a control freak," Redmayne admits. "I was obsessive. I'm not sure it was healthy."

Redmaye deserved it more than anyone else. Dunno about Gyllenhaal and if he was there then it would have been food for serious thought, but between him and Keaton he deserved it more. He lived the character of Hawking.

And Best actress Juliane Moore had it easy. Havent seen the film. So I am just speculating. Correct me if I am wrong here? Is it spellbinding, her performance as Alice ? I assume its only comparative as there werent anyone who could challenge her properly. Marion Cotillard of course was there and so as Pike, but for respective reasons, an average follower of this can easily assume neither of them would win.

Rest of the awards well deserved I guess apart from big hero 6 perhaps( according to my personal opinion). At the end of the day slightly sad Linklater didnt win, even though Inarittu was equally if not more deserved. Has a soft spot for the great Indie man Linklater.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Julianne Moore was brilliant in Still Alice. That movie is difficult to watch and mostly due to her performance. SO she did well.

My best performance from 2014 though was Rosamund Pike. Male and Female.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Once again JK Simmons delivered the best acting performance in all of entertainment in 2014.

In fact, his role was more than just supporting. Should have been main actor. He would have ran away with any category but the academy pussied out and had him as supporting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Once again JK Simmons delivered the best acting performance in all of entertainment in 2014.

In fact, his role was more than just supporting. Should have been main actor. He would have ran away with any category but the academy pussied out and had him as supporting.

Um why should he have been the main actor? Miles Teller was the protagonist, he was the main actor of the movie. Best Supporting Actor loses all it's meaning if the best actor of the movie is regarded as the main character. This is like saying Heath Ledger should have been nominated in Best Actor for Dark Knight.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:10 am

Peccadillo wrote:I still think interstellar got robbed tbh, don't care what the film snobs say.

I'm calling it like this:-
Picture: Boyhood
Lead Actor: Eddie Redmayne
Lead Actress: Julianne Moore
Support Actor: J.K. Simmons
Support Actress: Patricia Arquette
Directing: Richard Linklater
Cinematography: Birdman

Yes I think Boyhood will probably steal the lot.

Surprised The Lego Movie didn't make animations in what was a pretty weak year for animated films.

So glad I was wrong.

Birdman deserved it.

JK Simmons takes best actor for a support role because he just is that damn good. Laughing Laughing
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 am

El Gunner wrote:Julianne Moore was brilliant in Still Alice. That movie is difficult to watch and mostly due to her performance. SO she did well.

Oh all righty then. Thanks for the insight.

And as far as Pike goes, if you have someone playing a patient suffering from Alzheimer's that too in a PG13 movie competing against, we can easily guess these so called 'experts' will go in which direction irrespective of how outstanding pike was. Its the norm.
But I am glad though that Moore was good, otherwise it would have been another daylight robbery and a farce.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:20 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Julianne Moore was brilliant in Still Alice. That movie is difficult to watch and mostly due to her performance. SO she did well.

Oh all righty then. Thanks for the insight.

And as far as Pike goes, if you have someone playing a patient suffering from Alzheimer's that too in a PG13 movie competing against, we can easily guess these so called 'experts' will go in which direction irrespective of how outstanding pike was. Its the norm.
But I am glad though that Moore was good, otherwise it would have been another daylight robbery and a farce.

Yeap exactly.

I'm glad for her though. Been in some good movies, great actress, she deserves one.

As for Pike, don't know how legit she is or if Gone Girl was just a one hit wonder for her, but we'll have to wait and see.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Sad damn, dat was Heartbreaking...

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Well he didn't deserve it over Redmayne so nothing heartbreaking about that. Got outperformed by Edward Norton in that film anyways.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Even still. It was as if he was dead cert he will win or something. Otherwise he wouldnt have taken that out even before the name was announced.  Dunno why he got that confident. Ever since this circus began it was touted it would be a 2 horse race, with both having equal chance.
Anyway it is very sad to see his heart being ripped apart like that in a flash. Crying or Very sad
And I dont agree to Norton outperforming him in the film. Norton's was a typical norton role. Bold and brazen. Nothing out of the norm was there and we have very much seen that before. Keaton's role on the other hand was much deeper and powerful. Even his silence spoke to the audience.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5