Freeza
El Gunner
Peccadillo
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Oscars 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Oscars 2015

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:15 am

El Gunner wrote:I also gotta say I'm quite surprised about the amount of love Grand Budapest got.
I mean I like the movie very much, but if anything was deserving about that movie it was a best actor nom. for Ralph Fiennes.
Wes Anderson for best director is strange, because how is this film in terms of style different from his others?

I think that's all the more reason for this one to get a nomination. I believe he should win best director for one of his films.. and this is probably his best to date.

Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:21 am

They should've called the film "American Nightcrawler" if they wanted to get it nominated.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:50 am

The LEGO movie omission is pretty ridiculous. I'm not even a fan of animated movies and I loved it. It was funnier than most comedies these days.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Selma can't sweep, since it's only nominated for one award.

Brendan Gleeson should have been nominated. Calvary got screwed all around.

this. Crying or Very sad Mad

But hey its hardly surprising anymore. Who the hell cares about this stupid shit anyway. I am all for Cannes and Sundance. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:09 am

Boyhood will win the best director, its like been decided ever since these guys came to know about the film, hey that guy shot a film for 12 years, lets just give the best director to him.

Selma or Birdman will win the best film, I hope Birdman does. But we all know where its going.

Lego a film which should be competing for the best film of the year is not even among the best animated films nominations. rofl And then you remember Pixar's Up got a nomination for the best picture some years back  Laughing

Add to that Jake Glynnhall, Gleeson, Calvary, getting robbed, you know its very Oscar like this year too. Same old same old.

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Boyhood will win the best director, its like been decided ever since these guys came to know about the film, hey that guy shot a film for 12 years, lets just give the best director to him.

Selma or Birdman will win the best film, I hope Birdman does. But we all know where its going.

Lego a film which should be competing for the best film of the year is not even among the best animated films nominations. rofl And then you remember Pixar's Up got a nomination for the best picture some years back Laughing

Boyhood will win best Picture, no doubt. Selma won't win it. Birdman is the only one with an outside chance tbh. If Selma was such a big frontrunner, it would undoubtably have had David Oyelowo and the director nominated.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:17 am

btw Among these crappy Animated films nominated which of them will win ? Guys ? I have only seen How to Train your dragon 2 and it was decent. But they wont give to Dreamworks so its officially out of the race already. Boxtrolls ? seriously ? scratch

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:20 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:btw Among these crappy Animated films nominated which of them will win ? Guys ? I have only seen How to Train your dragon 2 and it was decent. But they wont give to Dreamworks so its officially out of the race already. Boxtrolls ? seriously ? scratch

Thought HTTYD was great, really loved it. Not at the level of LEGO Movie though. So it'll probably win.
They didn't watch the LEGO movie, only explanation.

Also... how the hell is Carrell a lead... awful.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:22 am

Freeza wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Boyhood will win the best director, its like been decided ever since these guys came to know about the film, hey that guy shot a film for 12 years, lets just give the best director to him.

Lego a film which should be competing for the best film of the year is not even among the best animated films nominations. rofl And then you remember Pixar's Up got a nomination for the best picture some years back  Laughing

Boyhood will win best Picture, no doubt. Selma won't win it. Birdman is the only one with an outside chance tbh. If Selma was such a big frontrunner, it would undoubtably have had David Oyelowo and the director nominated.

yea thats true. But in recent years they have developed a trend to not give both of them to the same. Yea for a film like Boyhood that can easily change though I guess and it can indeed take both.

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 am

Only happened 4 times in the history that a best picture winner's director wasn't nominated.. Poor Affleck Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am

Still can't get over Life Itself didn't get nominated.

The Academy should be ashamed.. One of the best documentaries ever.

Same director who got snubbed for Hoop Dreams... Seriously what has this guy done, that keeps people hating him?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 am

Freeza wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:btw Among these crappy Animated films nominated which of them will win ? Guys ? I have only seen How to Train your dragon 2 and it was decent. But they wont give to Dreamworks so its officially out of the race already. Boxtrolls ? seriously ? scratch

Thought HTTYD was great, really loved it. Not at the level of LEGO Movie though. So it'll probably win.

nah bruh, HTTYD2 wont win it. Its like 100% sure, watch it going to Big Hero 6. Just like how Wreck it Ralph last year got beaten by a meh like Frozen. Just like frozen, BH6 too  has got the Disney label attached to it. So its a sure bet.

btw i havent watched bh6... theres a 8+ rating and all on imdb anyway. so... yea it might not be bad.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:56 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Freeza wrote:

nah bruh, HTTYD2 wont win it. Its like 100% sure, watch it going to Big Hero 6. Just like how Wreck it Ralph last year got beaten by a meh like Frozen. Just like frozen, BH6 too  has got the Disney label attached to it. So its a sure bet.

btw i havent watched bh6... theres a 8+ rating and all on imdb anyway. so... yea it might not be bad.

Wreck It Ralph is a Disney movie. So that argument really doesn't apply. It wasn't beaten by Frozen but Brave, which is a horrible movie. Frozen's win was deserved. Horrible field last year.

In other news. Critic's choice got basically everything right.
Lego Movie and Life Itself both won. Birdman won best score (wasn't eligible for an oscar for some reason).

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am

Embarassed yea my mistake, even still wreck it ralph got beaten by brave. Btw i didnt know the former too was disney. hmm

but my point was they wont give it to dreamworks anyway. So by the looks of it, its more likely big hero will win.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:26 am

One of the co-directors of the LEGO Phiip Lord's twitter reaction.

It's okay. Made my own!
7:43 PM - 15 Jan 2015
Oscars 2015 - Page 3 Oscar-2

class! Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Forza wrote:They should've called the film "American Nightcrawler" if they wanted to get it nominated.

Laughing

__
Oh btw, anyone seen The Theory of Everything yet?
Can't help but think just because it's a bio-pic on Hawking it automatically gets some critics love as well.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Forza wrote:They should've called the film "American Nightcrawler" if they wanted to get it nominated.

Laughing

__
Oh btw, anyone seen The Theory of Everything yet?
Can't help but think just because it's a bio-pic on Hawking it automatically gets some critics love as well.

I've got zero interest in seeing it. Sounds like a BBC made for tv movie. Although Redmayne is prob great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I'll try to check it out before the oscars.
Looks more like a dramatised rom-com from what i've seen so far, but still might be worth the watch.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:31 pm

I watched Boyhood and it's a beautiful film. Probably one of the greatest coming of age films ever made, no exaggeration.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Freeza wrote:

btw i havent watched bh6... there's a 8+ rating and all on imdb anyway. so... yea it might not be bad.

Unfortunate that the first one was released the same year as Toy Story 3, which one felt had a divine right to it.

Although theere should be hesitance in awarding sequels, part of me wants it to win it as the franchise deserves one, much like Toy Story did.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:59 am

I myself, would just like to see an animated movie get nominated for best picture. Think Inside Out this year has a chance. Lego Movie could've been one imo. So unique and fun. Prob going to watch the others.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:15 am

I hope Everything is Awesome wins best original song ffs. Give us some justice at least ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Just saw this travesty of a post

In what world is Frozen meh ffs?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Frozen is a generational classic. Absolute agree with RG, terrible post.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Frozen is really good. Nood quite great imo. People are just hating too much because of the love it got. I'm just happy that the new generation finally got some Disney magic that we got when we were kids.
Pixar aren't really that much of kid films, so I don't count that as magic for kids.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Nearly every Pixar movie >>> Frozen
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin