CBarca
jibers
salmano9
76 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Pogba War - Page 20 Empty Re: The Pogba War

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Agreed with Glory. It depends how you look towards this imaginative transfer move.

Maybe if Pogba stayed at Man United he wouldn't have developed so nice like he did at Juventus. We went through three bad seasons, compared to Juventus who played an UCL final and dominates Serie A, being probably the perfect fit for a young midfielder like Pogba to learn and gain experience between other fabulous midfielders.

I also believe Juve doesn't want to sell, it's about Pogba's desire in the end(which I believe is not to come at Man United). The price? Well, the fair price is the one that the clubs agree for. I said it before in another thread, how the market is established, by what we have practically, not by what fans think or imagine. I won't repeat myself.

So, if the buyer thinks it is worth paying a particular amount of money on a player after evaluating all the factors like (other options, contract remaining, tactical plans with the player etc.) and if the buyer affords to make the transfer happen, nobody can say it is not worth it. Maybe for a team it's not worth to pay a sum and for other team it is worth pay much more...

If the player performs well or if the player flops it depends on other factors which can appear after the transfer was done and nobody can predict them before.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Probably because players have more foresight than what is happening in the immediate future.

They pay shit loads, Mourinho is there, they have just signed Mkhitaryan and Zlatan. Whether people like it or not it's attractive destination for players to go to.

The last couple of years of Moyes and Van Gaal doesn't change that, just like when Juve were finishing 7th and they still had Pirlo and Vidal wanting to go there.

Juventus is also an attractive club that are primed to make a CL push with him.
You can talk about their prestige and appeal all you want but it's still a big downgrade in terms of a sporting choice.
A guy who's aim is to win Ballon D'or won't take a such a significant step down at this point in his career.

You are sounding like a redcafe member who believes they are just as attractive as Real or Barca.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Except i'm not.

You definitely sound like a defensive weirdo from Rawk though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:34 pm

rincon wrote:
Glory wrote:
rincon wrote:Nothing like letting go of a player for free and bidding 120 mill a couple of years later, true legend of football management.

Except that he wasnt the one who decided to pull the plug. It was Sir Alex. In fact there aint many people left who were part of that debacle. Well, SAF is still there technically in some namesake position at the club, but if you count that out, the coaches, the youth coaches, Gill all are gone.
So its like a new transfer pretty much.
And Woody, well woody wont give a shit about all that.
The Pogba War - Page 20 Bwc31XgIUAAiRx6

"like a new transfer" Laughing
Its a player you let go for free and later sign for a world record fee. Massive mistake from the club. Literally would be the most expensive mistake in football history.

Who the f cares. I am not justifying it. And make no mistake I am not exactly a "For" for this deal. But money at this point in time for EPL clubs is a non-factor. West Ham and Crystal palace are willing to shell out 40+ mil these days. So do you actually think 100 mil is going to be a problem for a club like United ?

At the end of the day we will be getting a legit player in a position where we need strengthening.
As to the mistake part, yes its a mistake, its a mistake by SAF, arguably the best manager ever who helped us to win a galore of trophies. 100 mil is nothing in front of it, really. People will laugh for a while. Again who the f cares.

Last edited by Glory on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Probably because players have more foresight than what is happening in the immediate future.

They pay shit loads, Mourinho is there, they have just signed Mkhitaryan and Zlatan. Whether people like it or not it's attractive destination for players to go to.

The last couple of years of Moyes and Van Gaal doesn't change that, just like when Juve were finishing 7th and they still had Pirlo and Vidal wanting to go there.

You can talk about their prestige and appeal all you want but it's still a big downgrade in terms of a sporting choice.
A guy who's aim is to win Ballon D'or won't take a such a significant step down at this point in his career.

You are sounding like a redcafe member who believes they are just as attractive as Real or Barca.

It's premature to say it would be a step down. Maybe it's better said: "He should at least wait one more year to see what's going on with Mou and United after one season".

Smile

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:37 pm

I'd say in roughly one week, we'll know Pogba's future.

I'm not going to debate the hypothetical scenarios, the speculation, the d*ck measuring.

There's a real chance he stays and a real one he leaves. As a club, I believe Juventus will be well prepared for either scenario and as a fan, I'd prefer Paul to stick around for another season.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Luca wrote:I'd say in roughly one week, we'll know Pogba's future.

I'm not going to debate the hypothetical scenarios, the speculation, the d*ck measuring.

There's a real chance he stays and a real one he leaves. As a club, I believe Juventus will be well prepared for either scenario and as a fan, I'd prefer Paul to stick around for another season.

Now, this sounds like a fair, simple and nice point of view. Didn't expect it from a Juve fan considering what I've read in the past few days. (Like)
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except i'm not.

I don't know what's that supposed to mean but my arguments are on point. Every player has a price however it's unlikely I see him taking this decision. We read stuff regarding Pogba everyday so we're probably more inclined to believe he likes it here and he'll stay. But perhaps I'm unreasonable to think so and I should probably cave in to the EPL fan entitled mentality just because daily mail and metro report things or on the move.

Same things I heard during the Vidal saga and this annoying EPL fan mentality never continues to die down when plenty of elite players have continuously rejected the 'most attractive ' league to play elsewhere. I don't buy into EPL hype. If you think I'm defensive coz of that, I can't help it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm still convinced that he will go to Madrid really. Obviously I would take Pogba in a heartbeat but for the insane money involved I'd much rather the team invest in a bunch of other players that would strengthen us more. Could sign Leicester's starting 11 for that ffs. Will be banter if it happens though. Also I'm not gonna delude myself if he comes to us it's because Barca or Madrid don't want or can't sign him atm for w/e reasons.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Now, this sounds like a fair, simple and nice point of view. Didn't expect it from a Juve fan considering what I've read in the past few days. (Like)

I just don't see the point of showing arrogance like we know exactly what will happen- and that goes for both sides.

I understand the frustration though, we've been bombarded with these rumours for more than a year.

I remember last summer when Pogba was set to leave, then he didn't, but it was only because he had a pre-agreement to leave this summer, now he doesn't, but could still make a move, with every "expert" telling us what our club doesn't have in terms of finances, it is a little bit mentally exhausting to see so many dealing in absolutes.

I'm also still very invested in the belief that if he does leave its on his own accord.

Still love Paul though Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
S wrote:

It's premature to say it would be a step down. Maybe it's better said: "He should at least wait one more year to see what's going on with Mou and United after one season".

Smile

Agreed and welcome back. Good to see you around.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 pm

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except i'm not.

I don't know what's that supposed to mean but my arguments are on point. Every player has a price however it's unlikely I see him taking this decision. We read stuff regarding Pogba everyday so we're probably more inclined to believe he likes it here and he'll stay. But perhaps I'm unreasonable to think so and I should probably cave in to the EPL fan entitled mentality just because daily mail and metro report things or on the move.

Same things I heard during the Vidal saga and this annoying EPL fan mentality never continues to die down when plenty of elite players have continuously rejected the 'most attractive ' league to play elsewhere. I don't buy into EPL hype. If you think I'm defensive coz of that, I can't help it.

That you are being overly defensive and arguing with yourself, i'm not even trying to state that they are in a better situation.

I was just responding to Barrett's comment about United of all clubs.

But as you usual you went full Chad and over reacted to the point, arguing points that people are not even making because you are inexplicably angry for some reason. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Pogba is not worth that kind of money and Juve fans should know that. The hype around him is unreal, he was never the most important player for Juve and he's yet to have a stand out season. If it wasnt for the tricks and the occasional screamer he wouldnt fetch half that money. Guess they're paying for the potential right? Selling him before the hype evaporates would be the best choice.

Last edited by zizzle on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 pm

S wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I will be here to hold you when he leaves Proud

and by the way, juve will never want to sell Pogba, unless he tells them he wants to leave.

No I don't require it Proud not even that big a fan of Pogba ffs.

But I'll certainly be disappointed in the boy if he downgrades himself to United for the sake of money. I think he's an ambitious boy and I don't believe he'll take that step and move to a transitioning team.

Besides I HIGHLY DOUBT Juve want to go another season full of changes when they just started a new cycle.

Well if you still think its in Juve's hands after all these, i am sorry you doesnt have a clue.
The player will decide where he wants to play and the club is helpless unless they are willing to provide what the player asks for. Having a supercnut agent like Raiola will also make things tough for the selling club.
Dortmund didnt want to sell Mkhitaryan either. All sorts of stories were emanating stating they will never let go. But ultimately they had no option than to yield in front of this guy.
I am not saying he will leave, and if he stays it will be down to Pogba alone and nothing/no one else.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:52 pm

I am barely angry. Don't know what you are on about tbh. I am liking this discussion actually.

Unlike your meltdown in the Messi thread rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Glory wrote:
S wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I will be here to hold you when he leaves Proud

and by the way, juve will never want to sell Pogba, unless he tells them he wants to leave.

No I don't require it Proud not even that big a fan of Pogba ffs.

But I'll certainly be disappointed in the boy if he downgrades himself to United for the sake of money. I think he's an ambitious boy and I don't believe he'll take that step and move to a transitioning team.

Besides I HIGHLY DOUBT Juve want to go another season full of changes when they just started a new cycle.

Well if you still think its in Juve's hands after all these, i am sorry you doesnt have a clue.
The player will decide where he wants to play and the club is helpless unless they are willing to provide what the player asks for. Having a supercnut agent like Raiola will also make things tough for the selling club.
Dortmund didnt want to sell Mkhitaryan either. All sorts of stories were emanating stating they will never let go. But ultimately they had no option than to yield in front of this guy.
I am not saying he will leave, and if he stays it will be down to Pogba alone and nothing/no one else.

Ok Tancredi
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Firenze wrote:I'm still convinced that he will go to Madrid really. Obviously I would take Pogba in a heartbeat but for the insane money involved I'd much rather the team invest in a bunch of other players that would strengthen us more. Could sign Leicester's starting 11 for that ffs. Will be banter if it happens though. Also I'm not gonna delude myself if he comes to us it's because Barca or Madrid don't want or can't sign him atm for w/e reasons.

THIS. Agreed with everything. Glad the Man U fans on this forum are nothing like the deluded plastics on Redcafe. Cheers mate. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Are people aware of Raiola's relationship with Juve ? Probably not.

Redcafe fans probably expect Raiola will pull a Dortmund with us Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Luca wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

I just don't see the point of showing arrogance like we know exactly what will happen- and that goes for both sides.

I understand the frustration though, we've been bombarded with these rumours for more than a year.

I remember last summer when Pogba was set to leave, then he didn't, but it was only because he had a pre-agreement to leave this summer, now he doesn't, but could still make a move, with every "expert" telling us what our club doesn't have in terms of finances, it is a little bit mentally exhausting to see so many dealing in absolutes.

I'm also still very invested in the belief that if he does leave its on his own accord.

Still love Paul though Proud

That's exactly what I think about this too. Smile Too much useless talks which are not even banter, or anything else... it's pure stupidity. But everyone has his on way to develop as a person. Time can destroy or grow a personality.

S wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Smile

Agreed and welcome back. Good to see you around.

Thanks! Wink Good to see you to! I had 2 big periods of absence on the forum (one year each). It can happen anytime. Busy with lots of stuff outside the Internet.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 pm

GloryHole is right though, the player decides where he wants to go.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:06 pm

The Pogba War sounds like an event from Game of Thrones. Is the Red Wedding when he joins United hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 pm

S wrote:Are people aware of Raiola's relationship with Juve ? Probably not.

No. Good for you if you have a good relationship with him. We too have a good relationship with him of late. So that makes it even more interesting. Let's see.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:10 pm

rincon wrote:The Pogba War sounds like an event from Game of Thrones. Is the Red Wedding when he joins United hmm

Only if S is Walder Frey

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:GloryHole is right though, the player decides where he wants to go.

Ahh!! Neutral  
Will have to change my username. Cant take myself seriously after this.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:GloryHole is right though, the player decides where he wants to go.

Yes gloryhole is right but probably was implying Raiola in particular would do anything in his powers to get Pogba out of Juve like Mkhitaryan. Our relationship with him is stable and very good in general.

Last edited by S on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Glory wrote:

Ahh!! Neutral  
Will have to change my username. Cant take myself seriously after this.

Nah... your nickname is just fine. You shouldn't care what other people say if you like it yourself (and you like it because you chose it and kept it for a long time).

*Pogba sneezes every time a goal legacy user posts here.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next