Katy Perry
Shed
RED
Sri
Art Morte
66 posters

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7 - Page 31 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 pm

...lol...Rodgers is keeping us down/making us stagnant!! You can't make this stuff up I swear.

Takes us from 7th to 2nd and now looks on pace to get us back into the top 4 again the year after losing the best player in the PL and having our only other goal scorer out for most of the season to this point (and he still looks not up to speed TBH).

Rodgers has been the most tactically flexible manager in the EPL over the last 3 years without a doubt. He's used a ton of formations, and adapted to the tactics of various teams to come out with wins in big situations. The only blip on his profile is the start to this season when he had 11 players starting at various points who didn't start or play for the team at all last season.

Like I said at the very beginning of the season given the turnover and quality of what we'd lost (and the fact that similar quality refused to join us in the summer, or chose to go somewhere else) I had 0 expectations for this season. Rodgers still delivers. I was disappointed with how the early season was going, but I knew he'd turn it around and here we are.

Then again, RA would actually prefer that Liverpool lose than Rodgers be successful so there's that. hmm

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7 - Page 31 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7

Post by Gil Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Imagine calling that accidental, especially after he just done Ivanovic in the first half as well.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 pm

that Ivanovic tackle was bad but the Matic one was not even a tackle so I dont understand how the question arises of a 'bad tackle' Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Gil wrote:Imagine calling that accidental, especially after he just done Ivanovic in the first half as well.

But but, he was "going in for a pass/clearance"....with his foot 16 inches off the ground....lol

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Shed wrote:
Gil wrote:Imagine calling that accidental, especially after he just done Ivanovic in the first half as well.

But but, he was "going in for a pass/clearance"....with his foot 16 inches off the ground....lol

did you look at the video again?

He wasn't just going in for a pass, he in fact made the pass.

The only thing I wonder is whether he intentionally didn't draw back afterwards, not sure if that's possible.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 pm

This shows the precise moment in slower motion. He very clearly left his leg in. Hell, he even raised it up a fair bit and to his left in the direction Matic was coming from after contact with the ball had already been made. Also takes his weight off his other foot. Who the hell does that if what he really thought he was doing, as you claim, was making a simple pass?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

well he WAS making a pass and the movement with which he stands on Matic's leg is the extension of that swing, not a 'tackle'.
That's my point.

Though, you're right, it looks like he might be following through intentionally. Then again, he might just be, from the way he is leaning, not able to pull back anymore hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:19 pm

off course you can build stories if you watch a small video or that vine. But if you watch the highlights for 1-2 minutes before the incidence you will realise that it was not a tackle. The player who was about to receive the backpass was at a good distance from him so surely needed a strong pass, so he is just trying to balance his body and in the process the other leg goes into the air.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:23 pm

However I only just now saw that kick disguised in that aerial duel with Ivanovic in the 30th minute, and THAT one is indeed a red card hmm

So that guy should be off either way, they should rather appeal for retrospective action on that one as that's clear...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Costa didn't mean to stamp on both Skrtel and Can he simply just lost his footing. I mean he was even looking in their direction!
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Gil wrote:Costa didn't mean to stamp on both Skrtel and Can he simply just lost his footing. I mean he was even looking in their direction!

lol what? He knew exactly where Can was, and he was looking right at Skrtel's leg when he stamped on him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Red Alert is my fav poster Proud I think he dislikes Liverpool as much as I do.

Keep keeping it real, lad.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:54 pm

RED wrote:Red Alert is my fav poster Proud I think he dislikes Liverpool as much as I do.

Something we can agree on. Wink
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 pm

El Cujo wrote:...lol...Rodgers is keeping us down/making us stagnant!! You can't make this stuff up I swear.

Takes us from 7th to 2nd and now looks on pace to get us back into the top 4 again the year after losing the best player in the PL and having our only other goal scorer out for most of the season to this point (and he still looks not up to speed TBH).

Rodgers has been the most tactically flexible manager in the EPL over the last 3 years without a doubt. He's used a ton of formations, and adapted to the tactics of various teams to come out with wins in big situations. The only blip on his profile is the start to this season when he had 11 players starting at various points who didn't start or play for the team at all last season.

Like I said at the very beginning of the season given the turnover and quality of what we'd lost (and the fact that similar quality refused to join us in the summer, or chose to go somewhere else) I had 0 expectations for this season. Rodgers still delivers. I was disappointed with how the early season was going, but I knew he'd turn it around and here we are.

Then again, RA would actually prefer that Liverpool lose than Rodgers be successful so there's that. hmm

mate confidence and mentality is such a big thing for us in this run. The more hype we create and the more of it media follows, the more players will have the feeling for it. Off course I dont follow so much of British media but I saw few comments which were over the roof, imo. But that might just help us Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Matic one is clearly a foul lol...what is this 'tried to play the ball' nonsense??

That is how foul works...one thinks he will get the ball but in the end only gets other players legs.

Doesnt matter what his intentions are.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm

There is nothing about intentions in the rule book either....Tackle, pass attempt, kungfu kick, goalkeeper punch ..what ever, if it is dangerous to the fellow players then its a foul.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Adit wrote:There is nothing about intentions in the rule book either....Tackle, pass attempt, kungfu kick, goalkeeper punch ..what ever, if it is dangerous to the fellow players then its a foul.

Actually there is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Nope.

Cant find the word intention on FIFA rule book.

Reckless,Careless or Excessive force....nothing about intentions.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 pm

FIFA rofl

Ain't nobody got time for that. Intention is in PL rules though, not in this particular context but it's there.

Technically it says if you show an intention to injure an opponent then the player will be punished accordingly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Hans good job catching that. On another viewing it's a great decision by the ref.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:44 pm

I did the research when Nani got that red card for that kick on Arbeloa's chest..and fifa intentionally doesnt use the word 'intention' because if they used that word many dangerous tackles will be forgiven because there is no way a referee can judge 'intention', its entirely subjective and clearly psychological. But a referee can easily define a dangerous play. Fifa was smart doing that, from what a understood.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:FIFA rofl

Ain't nobody got time for that
. Intention is in PL rules though, not in this particular context but it's there.

Technically it says if you show an intention to injure an opponent then the player will be punished accordingly.

WHAAAAT ? Laughing

FIFA rules are for another game then,,,oh i forgot PL controls the football rules now Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 pm

I'd rather trust some random brit or Platini than Blatter tbh hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Commander CR agrees.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'd rather trust some random brit or Platini than Blatter tbh hmm
Platini is worse than Blatter
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 pm

"My arbitrary time frame is better for judging than your arbitrary time frame!"

This race to the poles is tedious, lads. There really is a middle ground and room to be found somewhere between "it's terrible" and "it's wonderful."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next