Katy Perry
Shed
RED
Sri
Art Morte
66 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7

Post by Curtinho Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Sometimes it felt like I was fighting everyone on the Liverpool board about Rodgers. hmm

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Goalkeeper should save it.
25 meters, clear sight and it hits right above where he stands.
Pretty sure the guy is physically able to reach the crossbars, so he should have saved it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dem feels when neither happens Proud

Never thought I would see the day Warriors would get haters.We made it. Twisted Evil Sad
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Gotta hand it to Rodgers for making an average team look semi decent and for turning it around by stumbling on a formation that brings out the best in their players.

United are unfortunately being held back by tinkerman aka LVG. And with the fixture run coming up, I have no confidence we'll pick enough points to get us 4th place.

Can't believe we may potentially miss out on the CL again despite employing a so called 'top manager' and spending a truck load of money in the summer. It's inexcusable.

The thought that Liverpool could pip us to 4th makes me furious tbh. We were 10 points ahead of them not too long ago ffs, now it's down to 2. fml :facepalm: . Hopefully that doesn't happen. A slim hope though.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Goalkeeper should save it.
Pretty sure the guy is physically able to reach the crossbars, so he should have saved it.

these aint BL keepers brah and
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 pm

El Cujo wrote:Sometimes it felt like I was fighting everyone on the Liverpool board about Rodgers. hmm

you just live and die for what you stand brah, so dont worry.
Also i was surely the most objective poster about Rodgers and the whole situation :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Rodgers is legit :bow:

I have come to the conclusion that he purposely fooled about in the first half of the season to see how quickly everyone would turn against him :coffee:

Genius move. And you failed the test miserably.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:14 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Goalkeeper should save it.
There was a late swirl which made that impossible to save for the keeper.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 am

Natalie Portman wrote:It's amazing that RedAlert so strongly thinks Rodgers is tactically one-dimensional.

Yes he has his faults, but he's the most tactically-flexible manager I've seen at my life time.

Some of them formations...

Tactically flexible. rofl

Knocking out Zenit is his biggest achievement yet but what a tactical genius. Look at all dat silverware ffs.

You sound like a HB nowadays, it's cute. Proud

RED wrote:Gotta hand it to Rodgers for making an average team look semi decent and for turning it around by stumbling on a formation that brings out the best in their players.

The thought that Liverpool could pip us to 4th makes me furious tbh. We were 10 points ahead of them not too long ago ffs, now it's down to 2. fml :facepalm: . Hopefully that doesn't happen. A slim hope though.

What? He's the one making us stagnate/keeping us down. rofl

In regards to the second part just, rofl rofl rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 am

We lost to Zenit RA.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:54 am

What a man. Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V7 - Page 30 Steve-harvey-disappointed

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:34 am

chill bro
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:14 am

We were bad for 4 months, capped by going out of the CL against Basel and then losing 3 - 0 to United - but in that match we played well and used the 3-4-3 for the first time. Since then, we've been good for 2 months. Really need to wait and see how the last 3 months go before we can say has Rodgers done a good or bad job this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:23 am

Nishy wrote:chill bro

Sorry I just got really excited.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am

Shed wrote:No one's saying it wasn't a red card (he was clearly waiting for the referee to whistle for the foul before getting up but even though it didn't come, it doesn't give him license to take justice into his own hands). He was stupid to react the way he did and it's Chelsea who will pay the price for it over the next few weeks. But Barnes should have been sent off right alongside him. Anyone would have to be willfully blind or ludicrously partisan not to agree (not that I'm accusing you of that, mind).

GoonerJay29 wrote:Straight red for "violent conduct" is three games. The only way that'll be extended is if Chelsea appeal and not win.

In some ways though I think Chelsea should appeal, just to call attention to that filthy tackle from Barnes.

My initial reaction was the same, and Barnes hitting Matic' leg high looks absolutely atrocious. But even if it hurts to look at it, look at it again.

What I wonder in fact is, whether Barnes even made a tackle? Because you can see he is actually playing the ball, which Matic intercepts, and it is Barnes' leg swinging from the shot of the ball that hits Matic' leg.

I'm not so sure anymore how to judge that incident tbh.
Does he follow through? Could he have drawn back? If not, is it even a foul?

What I would not subscibe to anymore after looking at it again is that it was a 'criminal' tackle, as José felt the need to stress.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 am

that was really a bad. horrible-horrible tackle. I would have had sympathy for Matic if he hadnt reacted that way, it is not the Spurs Alley or some street in London to react like that. So Matic deservedly got the red card but Barnes deserved red card too. I think he might have got it if Matic hadnt reacted and probably referee completely missed it because of Matics reaction.

Btw, one more thing, are Southampton suffering because their front three behind the striker are different to what they played earlier in the season. Specially that they are not able to score goals like before. So the new signings instead of contributing they are making it difficult.
Or may be it is also that teams are playing against Southampton with more fear so they are defending more compared to attack-defense both and hence Southampton have no clue how to score against such teams.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 am

did you see what I mean? Is it really a tackle in the first place?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 am

after seeing the video one more time, I realised what you are saying. I actually agree with you now, that he was clearing the ball or playing the ball to some other player. Matic Laughing such a fool !! That means probably referee was really near and he made the right decision

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 am

well, as I said I'm not sure, not saying it's nothing - maybe it is dangerous play or something.
But I don't think one can support the claim it's a horror tackle, it isn't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:53 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:well, as I said I'm not sure, not saying it's nothing - maybe it is dangerous play or something.
Hapless_Hans wrote:well, as I said I'm not sure, not saying it's nothing - maybe it is dangerous play or something.

If that's dangerous play then there might as well be a rule saying studs should never leave the ground. It was unfortunate but it wasn't even a foul from what I saw. He cleared the ball and Matic ran into his leg. Where it any other body part Matic would have been booked (that's is head, arm, shoulders etc)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:55 am

I saw the highlights again and the incidence happened as a result of throw in. He had control of the ball and it was purely accidental.
Barnes controls the ball from throw in using his chest and then he is trying to play the ball to another player, but Matic comes and tries to intercept the ball, so Matic is successfull in that. But it happened so fast that Barnes had no idea, he was just trying to keep the possession so all he was doing was trying to play the ball backwards. It was surely not even a tackle, he just caught him in the follow through.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 am

So clearly we could expect José to look at it similarly closely before going exclusively on TV a day after and make allegations for several minutes.

Disgraceful stuff from Mourinho.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So clearly we could expect José to look at it similarly closely before going exclusively on TV a day after and make allegations for several minutes.

Disgraceful stuff from Mourinho.

I hope Chelsea beat PSG and draw you guys in the next round Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Brilliant call by the Ref to not send off the burnley player, he kicked the ball, matic moves his leg in the way.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:21 pm

He when in with his studs against Ivanovic in the air and with his knee against Zouma in the air. It was obliviously intentional.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 pm

...lol...Rodgers is keeping us down/making us stagnant!! You can't make this stuff up I swear.

Takes us from 7th to 2nd and now looks on pace to get us back into the top 4 again the year after losing the best player in the PL and having our only other goal scorer out for most of the season to this point (and he still looks not up to speed TBH).

Rodgers has been the most tactically flexible manager in the EPL over the last 3 years without a doubt. He's used a ton of formations, and adapted to the tactics of various teams to come out with wins in big situations. The only blip on his profile is the start to this season when he had 11 players starting at various points who didn't start or play for the team at all last season.

Like I said at the very beginning of the season given the turnover and quality of what we'd lost (and the fact that similar quality refused to join us in the summer, or chose to go somewhere else) I had 0 expectations for this season. Rodgers still delivers. I was disappointed with how the early season was going, but I knew he'd turn it around and here we are.

Then again, RA would actually prefer that Liverpool lose than Rodgers be successful so there's that. hmm
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next