Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Why are we talking about Klopp over Brendan now when Klopp just failed miserably this season with more talent as his disposal than Rodgers?

Rodgers will get more time, and should. I don't want Klopp over him ATM. Not really sure where the 'drawing' power comes from given he has had to sell off or lose his stars year after year for free and this summer would have been no different with likely Reus, Gundogan and Hummels leaving.

Don't get me wrong I like Klopp but I don't think it instills confidence in our managers to sack them so often especially with Rodgers' relative success in his short time here. To build a truly successful club, outside of essentially unlimited spending (which Liverpool do not have), you need time for the manager to really implement his philosophy, structure and personnel. Rodgers is getting there and works fantastically at bringing out the best of his younger players (he also knows how to build around star players).

Last edited by El Cujo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Mikhy Ryan chose Dortmund because of Klopp right over us for less money or did you forget?

But like I said, we'll know more in the summer. If we magically get top 4 and win the FA Cup. Ain't nobody will want Rodgers out and rightly so as he would have exceeded expectations after 3 years in charge.

But if he doesn't, we'll feel a lot more gloomy in the summer and FSG will have things to think about.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Right, it's because it was Klopp and not because Dortmund had been challenging for the CL title, won the Bundesliga and had one of the best teams in the world?

http://au.eurosport.com/football/bundesliga/2011-2012/liverpools-past-not-enough-for-mkhitaryan_sto3840208/story.shtml

“Liverpool have a great past,” he said. “But Borussia Dortmund has a great present. “I made this decision with my heart.”

Until we're successfully competing regularly in Europe and for the title it doesn't really matter who our manager is save for maybe a few players here and there but that could just as easily come down to who they want to play with (in terms of players).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Dortmund were winning Bundesliga and challenging for the champions league BECAUSE of Klopp brah.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Until we're successfully competing regularly in Europe and for the title it doesn't really matter who our manager is save for maybe a few players here and there but that could just as easily come down to who they want to play with (in terms of players).

That's a pretty inaccurate thing to say.

If Pep Guardiola was our manager, it wouldn't matter if we were in the same situation currently players would be more than willing to come to get the chance to work with Pep.

Rodgers is an unknown quantity in European football. Players don't give two shits about him. The only bargaining chip we have in terms of attracting players is Liverpool's prestige, history, and fans.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Dortmund were winning Bundesliga and challenging for the champions league BECAUSE of Klopp brah.

So does that mean that he takes equal responsibility for how bad they are this season?

There's really no basis for what you're saying as Pep has only drawn star players by managing the biggest teams in the world. You're making an assumption. Two things, generally, speak to players. Success and money. No matter how much players love their managers they still move on to bigger clubs for money and prestige. Liverpool won't offer ridiculous money and we are currently not successful enough to draw based on that.

Had Suarez stayed it might be another story. That said Rodgers very nearly won the league last season and will have us in Europe this season as well, as well as the semis of both domestic cups (and potentially the final of the FA Cup). Considering what Rodgers was given when he started he's been quite successful and he's trending upwards.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Nishy wrote:No reason to even think about Klopp unless we sack BR in the summer which isnt going to happen obviously.

If we do start slowly, I can see BR leaving by January but by then Klopp will already get a new club. He aint gonna wait for us.

But i think this Klopp news is going to put pressure on BR, Liverpool fans are very vocal on what they want usually.

You are very naive mate if you think the owners won't consider it.

At the start of the season, Rodgers actively said the 2 goals set for this season is to reach top 4 and qualify from our CL group.

We failed in one and the other seem unlikely. if we don't get the consolation FA Cup prize, the owners will look into it.
They sacked a CLUB Legend after he won us our first trophy in 6 years. They are businessmen who see opportunity and weigh the options.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:He's not going to get anything like 100k from anywhere else and we shouldn't offer that either, but I'd put a two-year, 60k-70k pw deal on the table for him and let him decide what he does.

I just don't think it's a good idea to be at the start of the summer in a situation where Moreno is the only reliable full-back we have - and even he isn't that reliable. I'd rather have two rather-reliable full-backs in Johnson and Moreno than trust that we're going to snatch two good full-backs from somewhere in one window.

I'm not sure why you're insisting on discussing theoretical that directly contradict all current evidence, to be honest.   Every report has indicated Johnson has refused to discuss reduced terms for a new deal.  So it's 100k or so or bust for this situation.

So you're saying he's going to retire if he doesn't get 100k pw from somewhere? What club do you think would offer him that kind of money?

About Klopp, he'd be a hugely exciting choice, but obviously this season with Dortmund would also hang a massive question mark above his head.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Never under estimate the stupidity of football clubs Art, I'm sure someone will offer him in the region of 4-5mil a season.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 am

No, I'm saying he's not going to sign a new LFC deal for less than what he's earning now. He may very well agree to a deal on somewhat lower terms elsewhere where he'd be a regular starter but he's made it clear to LFC that he has no interest in discussing a new deal with lower wages to stay at Liverpool.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:35 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Nishy wrote:No reason to even think about Klopp unless we sack BR in the summer which isnt going to happen obviously.

If we do start slowly, I can see BR leaving by January but by then Klopp will already get a new club. He aint gonna wait for us.

But i think this Klopp news is going to put pressure on BR, Liverpool fans are very vocal on what they want usually.

You are very naive mate if you think the owners won't consider it.

At the start of the season, Rodgers actively said the 2 goals set for this season is to reach top 4 and qualify from our CL group.

We failed in one and the other seem unlikely. if we don't get the consolation FA Cup prize, the owners will look into it.
They sacked a CLUB Legend after he won us our first trophy in 6 years. They are businessmen who see opportunity and weigh the options.

Im saying either Rodgers goes now or it doesn't happen. No point thinking about it because Klopp's gonna have a lot of offers obviously. The owners can think about it all they like, its not going to change nothing unless they sack BR. Lets see if BR can get top 5 and the FA cup trophy.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:11 am

I think Man City are going to be all over Klopp and he's probably going to choose them over us if both jobs are available.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Winner Rodgers > Klopp. rofl

Give the man a contract for the next decade. He has a long vision. The only thing the guy has on his resume is "has a long vision" ffs.

I give up.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 pm

I can only imagine how fast you'd have turned on Klopp if he had Liverpool in the relegation zone most of the season lmfao
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:45 pm

I can only imagine how much you'd appreciate me as your manager. I have the same trophy pedigree as Sir Brendan Rodgers, and I too have a vision.

Seriously I don't understand you at all.

Look at Klopp's transfers.
Look at Rodgers'.

Look at what Klopp has achieved.
Look at what Rodgers ambitions are "top 4"

I'd rather a crazy German bastard that has a winning mentality (and is actually adequate enough for Liverpool's ambitions) then a fool that talks as if he's the greatest manager to ever manage the club despite degrading the club into someone that wants to fight to play in Europe. Only to get humilated in Europe. Lmao.

Also, Klopp has lost a key players season after season and has to adjust. He's fought against arguably the strongest modern club in the mean time. Rodgers lost one player (you know he is) and collapsed lmao.

Anyway yeah I'm giving up for good now. I'll let myself out.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:25 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Dortmund were winning Bundesliga and challenging for the champions league BECAUSE of Klopp brah.

So does that mean that he takes equal responsibility for how bad they are this season?

Obviously it means that, or why do you think he's quitting? Laughing

That being said, this catastrophic season still had them get out of the CL group, they're in the cup semis and might in the league just end where Liverpool end - with EL quali lol.

As for the 'more talent available', that perception is there because he actually got so much out of the players he bought or brought from youth, Dortmund net spend since 12/13 is less than half that of Liverpool, and these are the years Dortmund did actually start spending again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Spending doesn't necessarily mean a lot of talent. Look at the money Dortmund spent this past summer on average players. Goetze, Hummels and Kuba at least we're already at Dortmund. Reus came after their peak.

No doubt Klopp still did a great job there, but that doesn't mean he's still a great choice right now for Liverpool and we should dump Rodgers.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 pm

The Telegraph wrote:Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has told Liverpool they would have to pay £20million to buy winger Yannick Bolasie.

The DR Congo international is reported to be a target for Brendan Rodgers in the summer after impressing with Palace this season.

A possible bid of £10million has been floated, but Pardew insists that is half the amount Bolasie is worth.

Lining up that Sterling replacement Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Wouldnt mind that beast over here. Unreal warrior to keep in the squad

Wait wha 20m? Try 4m+addons
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Notice the Telegraph's report never actually states that we're legitimately interested in him. It only talks about Pardew's response to "reported" interest and a "floated" £10m fee. They're going to pretty notable lengths to draw a line between themselves and the actual rumor. Sounds like paper talk.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:01 am

lmao rofl if we sign Bolasie on top the likely purchase of Ings, I'm officially done with football.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:56 am

If we sign any player for a team finishing below us in the league, I'll be done with football.

Our best signings with Rodgers:

Sturridge
Coutinho
Sakho

3 players who were cast off of top teams with top expectations. Used to pressure of performing for a team competing with the big boys. Proper mentality.

How hard is it? Arsenal has figured it out buying cast-off of bigger clubs.

Just see who Real/Barca/Bayern/BVB/Atleti/PSG/etc want to sell.

that's our best market.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 am

Rafa and Klopp both available this summer free of contract btw .... albino

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:03 am

I don't care about anything of summer now.

Rodgers has 2 games to create history. To win a trophy.

Come on...it's that simple. We'll know on May 30th.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:57 am

Pardew loves selling his players in public, he does it on a weekly basis. Or did so with us, even if there's no interest he'll do it anyway.

And then complain when they are sold like he didn't do everything in his power to make sure it happened all along.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:23 am

El Cujo wrote:Spending doesn't necessarily mean a lot of talent. Look at the money Dortmund spent this past summer on average players. Goetze, Hummels and Kuba at least we're already at Dortmund. Reus came after their peak.

No doubt Klopp still did a great job there, but that doesn't mean he's still a great choice right now for Liverpool and we should dump Rodgers.

Great argument.

Really. Well written and well done.

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 9 Article-0-15B00D2D000005DC-360_468x321
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down