Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:23 am

El Cujo wrote:Spending doesn't necessarily mean a lot of talent. Look at the money Dortmund spent this past summer on average players. Goetze, Hummels and Kuba at least we're already at Dortmund. Reus came after their peak.

No doubt Klopp still did a great job there, but that doesn't mean he's still a great choice right now for Liverpool and we should dump Rodgers.

Great argument.

Really. Well written and well done.

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 10 Article-0-15B00D2D000005DC-360_468x321

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:12 am

RA pos Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 am

Klopp for attacking coach, Benitez for midfield coach and Hyypiä for defensive coach, Rodgers solely in charge of transfers, but Pascoe needs to be fired, unfortunately, so that Klopp wouldn't look uncool next to him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:RA pos Laughing

Reported.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:41 pm

RA, instead of antagonizing the other Liverpool fans, either get allow or put them on your ignore list.

You're not doing anyone any favours.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Kick wrote:RA, instead of antagonizing the other Liverpool fans, either get allow or put them on your ignore list.

You're not doing anyone any favours.

Reported for treason.

Also, not sure what I've said or done here. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 pm

We have to wait till the last match day is over, to discuss the future of Brenda :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Hey guys!!! How have been the rumor mill been going around??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 pm

Henderson and Sterling to Man City.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:Henderson and Sterling to Man City.

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 10 10734010
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Can't be arsed at all.

If they think the "performances" they put in today is worth 250K/week combined, they are welcome to go.

We have lost greats like Alonso,Masch, Hyypia, Suarez, etc.....none of the current crop are even CLOSE to those.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

Can't be arsed at all.

If they think the "performances" they put in today is worth 250K/week combined, they are welcome to go.

We have lost greats like Alonso,Masch, Hyypia, Suarez, etc.....none of the current crop are even CLOSE to those.

You're right.

Sell our best players now too.

Because why the f*ck not.

We're Liverpool. We make great players. And then we replace them. 2-3 years later. Only for us to sell them and start the process again.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:22 am

For fun: If Klopp was interested in coming and would bring one, realistic (no Reus/Kawaga/Sahin)) Dortmund player with him, who'd you want? :coffee:

Moritz Leitner hmm
Mkhitaryan hmm
Aybameyang hmm
Sven Bender hmm
Gundogan hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:03 am

Why no Reus???

I choose Hummels because no love for Marco.
Gundogan close second.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:07 am

Reus is going to go only to a CL club.
We've got Skrtel and Sakho, so I'd rather take a midfielder or attacker than Hummels.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Reus would obviously be the dream, but I'd take Gundogan second over Hummels.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 pm

If Gündogan returns to form, he's the best of the bunch by a mile.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Can't be arsed at all.

You're right.

We're Liverpool. We make great players. And then we replace them. 2-3 years later. Only for us to sell them and start the process again.

You think Henderson is worth 100k/week and Sterling 150k/week ????

No they aren't.

I rather we pay those wages to players who produce consistently. Not be held ransom by 20 year olds.

Be the manger Rodgers, Rafa, Klopp, Eddie Howe, or Phil Brown.

No way in hell Sterling is worth 150k/week, or Henderson 100k/week.

So many players available around the continent with fraction of the price.

We have no truly world class Irreplacable player any more.

And neither Sterling and Henderson are great players. They both SHIT the bed at the big occasion at Wembley and were among our worst players. They hid when it mattered. That's why Henderson should NEVER EVER be our permanent captain.

Great players are likes of Hazard, Suarez, Sanchez, Cazorla, Carrick, etc.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:40 pm

I agree with Arty. I refuse to judge on our defenders until I see them under a manager who can actually drill a defense.

There is no reason why a Skrtel-Sakho partnership won't work in a 4 under a manager that can coach a 4 man defense.

A couple of goal scorers and midfield maestro are BY FAR our most primary needs, no matter the manager

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:36 pm

To basically repeat what I said in a discussion on the state of things with DTOR recently (something of a trend, of late):

It would take an incredibly stubborn/blindly loyal person to claim that there are not reasonable doubts about Rodgers' place at Liverpool in light of this month's (and last) matches and results. While we still have a *chance* of attaining one of the key stated goals (and my primary measure) for success this season in a top four place, it is an extremely remote chance.

HOWEVER, I personally feel that a major, if not THE major, factor in our struggles has been near-constant instability in some form at some level(s) of the club for the past half a decade or more. Every summer sees either a notable squad overhaul/change, managerial change (generally accompanied by said squad overhaul), major coaching turnover, or board-room upheaval... often multiple of these. Inevitably, this leaves us with a relatively unsettled/new team at the start of the season and necessitates several months for bedding in and ironing out kinks to hit anything near our apparent best. Replacing Rodgers now would only continue this trend as the new manager would undoubtedly wish to rebuild the squad in his own image. If for that reason alone, I would prefer to see Rodgers given one more year to demonstrate that he has learned from his mistakes and can be for us what has been suggested in flashes and spurts (and I think he's earned one more season to prove that last year was not a fluke). I would, however, qualify this with the explicit instruction that this summer is NOT a time for another major raft of squad changes akin to what we've seen basically every summer window under him. Address the key areas of concern with well-considered signings and focus funds specifically on those areas. That way we can go into next season with a better settled, more familiar squad plus increased quality in those few key areas, thus allowing for a much better and more stable means of judging where we stand next to our competitors and where Rodgers stands in his managerial ability and role.

I understand that this is unlikely to be the popular opinion, but it is my personal stance on the issue. Take it how you will.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:03 am

Think about it, we went on a 2-3 month run with no loses, the squad can challenge and get back into the top 4 next year, we just need the 2-3 signings that make us complete like RO said.

But the biggest thing also is Rodgers, how much he can learn from the last 3 years, if we see him making the same mistakes again next year i wouldn't even give him a full year.

Myself i would bring Rafa back to the club this summer in some capacity and have him around incase Rodgers fails. Rafa can come back as director of football or someshit and if Rodgers doesnt like that tough shit, he hasn't earnt the right to demmand full control of the club's football affairs.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:10 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Can't be arsed at all.

You're right.

You think Henderson is worth 100k/week and Sterling 150k/week ????

No they aren't.

I rather we pay those wages to players who produce consistently. Not be held ransom by 20 year olds.

Be the manger Rodgers, Rafa, Klopp, Eddie Howe, or Phil Brown.

No way in hell Sterling is worth 150k/week, or Henderson 100k/week.

So many players available around the continent with fraction of the price.

We have no truly world class Irreplacable player any more.

And neither Sterling and Henderson are great players. They both SHIT the bed at the big occasion at Wembley and were among our worst players. They hid when it mattered. That's why Henderson should NEVER EVER be our permanent captain.

Great players are likes of Hazard, Suarez, Sanchez, Cazorla, Carrick, etc.

I can't speak for the rest of the players on that list, but Hazard is earning 200k+ pw. If you're offering Henderson 100k pw, you can't expect the same output as a player earning 200k pw.

A better comparison would be Matic, who, I believe is earning (or was set to earn) 93k pw. However, that is an extreme, as I think Cesc is on 150k+ pw, and Aaron Ramsey is on 80-100k pw.

Anyway, point is, I think Henderson is worth 90-100k pw, especially given the fact he is English. While he perhaps isn't as good as Matic, Cesc or Ramsey (it's debatable, so let's not get into that, feel free to disagree with me) he is still one of the best midfielders in the EPL, so 90-100k pw is fair.

As for Sterling, he aint worth 150k pw, he is the one you should have a problem with, not Henderson.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:21 am

RedOranje wrote:To basically repeat what I said in a discussion on the state of things with DTOR recently (something of a trend, of late):

It would take an incredibly stubborn/blindly loyal person to claim that there are not reasonable doubts about Rodgers' place at Liverpool in light of this month's (and last) matches and results. While we still have a *chance* of attaining one of the key stated goals (and my primary measure) for success this season in a top four place, it is an extremely remote chance.

HOWEVER, I personally feel that a major, if not THE major, factor in our struggles has been near-constant instability in some form at some level(s) of the club for the past half a decade or more. Every summer sees either a notable squad overhaul/change, managerial change (generally accompanied by said squad overhaul), major coaching turnover, or board-room upheaval... often multiple of these. Inevitably, this leaves us with a relatively unsettled/new team at the start of the season and necessitates several months for bedding in and ironing out kinks to hit anything near our apparent best. Replacing Rodgers now would only continue this trend as the new manager would undoubtedly wish to rebuild the squad in his own image. If for that reason alone, I would prefer to see Rodgers given one more year to demonstrate that he has learned from his mistakes and can be for us what has been suggested in flashes and spurts (and I think he's earned one more season to prove that last year was not a fluke). I would, however, qualify this with the explicit instruction that this summer is NOT a time for another major raft of squad changes akin to what we've seen basically every summer window under him. Address the key areas of concern with well-considered signings and focus funds specifically on those areas. That way we can go into next season with a better settled, more familiar squad plus increased quality in those few key areas, thus allowing for a much better and more stable means of judging where we stand next to our competitors and where Rodgers stands in his managerial ability and role.

I understand that this is unlikely to be the popular opinion, but it is my personal stance on the issue. Take it how you will.

+1

Very reasonable and well thought out post. Way too much throwing under the bus and "grass is greener" type stuff going on right now in light of our (extremely disappointing) exit from the FA cup.

Henderson is absolutely worth 100k, FWIW.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:25 am

I also agree with RO, you lads seem to be a CM, RB and perhaps an RW away from a solid side. Perhaps a backup CF, too.

From an outsiders perspective, anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:41 am

Like I said in the other thread, if this was Rodgers' first season, I could agree with RedO and would be happy for Rodgers to stay.

But it's been three seasons and we lack football identity (what's our best formation, roles for players, tactics) and the squad is very thin in quality in spite of numerous transfer windows and over £200m spent in transfer fees.

If we're in a situation like this after three seasons under the manager, there's very very little that makes me feel we will be in a better situation after four or five years. So I'd rather act now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 am

Can anyone provide me with reports/ articles by reputable sources on what our policy is and whose in control?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next