Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 am

Can anyone provide me with reports/ articles by reputable sources on what our policy is and whose in control?

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:06 am

Rodgers refused to work with a DoF.
Rodgers always gets the final say.
Rodgers tells the scouts who to look out for.

He has total control of the whole ordeal, with Ayre being the negotiator.

RedOranje wrote:To basically repeat what I said in a discussion on the state of things with DTOR recently (something of a trend, of late):

It would take an incredibly stubborn/blindly loyal person to claim that there are not reasonable doubts about Rodgers' place at Liverpool in light of this month's (and last) matches and results. While we still have a *chance* of attaining one of the key stated goals (and my primary measure) for success this season in a top four place, it is an extremely remote chance.

HOWEVER, I personally feel that a major, if not THE major, factor in our struggles has been near-constant instability in some form at some level(s) of the club for the past half a decade or more. Every summer sees either a notable squad overhaul/change, managerial change (generally accompanied by said squad overhaul), major coaching turnover, or board-room upheaval... often multiple of these. Inevitably, this leaves us with a relatively unsettled/new team at the start of the season and necessitates several months for bedding in and ironing out kinks to hit anything near our apparent best. Replacing Rodgers now would only continue this trend as the new manager would undoubtedly wish to rebuild the squad in his own image. If for that reason alone, I would prefer to see Rodgers given one more year to demonstrate that he has learned from his mistakes and can be for us what has been suggested in flashes and spurts (and I think he's earned one more season to prove that last year was not a fluke). I would, however, qualify this with the explicit instruction that this summer is NOT a time for another major raft of squad changes akin to what we've seen basically every summer window under him. Address the key areas of concern with well-considered signings and focus funds specifically on those areas. That way we can go into next season with a better settled, more familiar squad plus increased quality in those few key areas, thus allowing for a much better and more stable means of judging where we stand next to our competitors and where Rodgers stands in his managerial ability and role.

I understand that this is unlikely to be the popular opinion, but it is my personal stance on the issue. Take it how you will.

How long are you willing to give him?

He's had 3 years at the club.

In those 3 years, he's had the same expectations, and has been the same man. He hasn't progressed as a manager at all. He and his coaching group was high-5ing players because of a draw against Ludo earlier this season ffs.

Arsenal, City, United and Chelsea are all on the way up. And the bottom line is we're going to be left behind AGAIN because we're backing a manager who is still an arrogant / stubborn man that's not adequate enough to manage a top club.

And I might start questioning FSG if they don't replace him in the summer.

They all talk about being successful and then back 2 managers - one manager they didn't give time for and lead us to 2 finals, and the other being an inexperienced manager that was backed more and hasn't even done much better than the former manager.

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Can't be arsed at all.

If they think the "performances" they put in today is worth 250K/week combined, they are welcome to go.

We have lost greats like Alonso,Masch, Hyypia, Suarez, etc.....none of the current crop are even CLOSE to those.

You're right.

Sell our best players now too.

Because why the f*ck not.

We're Liverpool. We make great players. And then we replace them. 2-3 years later. Only for us to sell them and start the process again.

You think Henderson is worth 100k/week and Sterling 150k/week ????

No they aren't.

I rather we pay those wages to players who produce consistently. Not be held ransom by 20 year olds.

Be the manger Rodgers, Rafa, Klopp, Eddie Howe, or Phil Brown.

No way in hell Sterling is worth 150k/week, or Henderson 100k/week.

So many players available around the continent with fraction of the price.

We have no truly world class Irreplacable player any more.

And neither Sterling and Henderson are great players. They both SHIT the bed at the big occasion at Wembley and were among our worst players. They hid when it mattered. That's why Henderson should NEVER EVER be our permanent captain.

Great players are likes of Hazard, Suarez, Sanchez, Cazorla, Carrick, etc.

Like I said in his thread, Hendo deserves 80k imo.

It seems like he's agreed to 100k, which is fine I guess. Think we overpaid a little, but he needed to sign the bloody thing. Because he does have a future at this club. And what ambition would it show if we were to get rid of Suarez, Gerrard, Henderson and Sterling in the space of 2 years? Which players would want to join that project? To be honest, I think Jordan is overrated by some, but he's still a very good player. He needs to add those "moments" into more consistency if he wants to be a big player, though. He's a top premier league midfielder, but he's not a top European one. I've always backed him, and I was one of the few that backed him since he joined, so I don't think what I said is out of line. It's just me being honest.

As for Sterling, I highly doubt he wants 150k a week. He's said time and time again he's waiting until the end of the season. He's addressing his options, and he has every right to do so. Why should he stay at Liverpool if we're just going to spend another 100m this season in an attempt to finish top 4 (THAT IS OUR MAIN GOAL UNDER RODGERS, ISN'T IT?), where he could join another side that will actually title challenge / challenge for trophies and get a pay rise out of it? With that said, it is worrying because we've turned into a selling club, and are managed by somebody who's a "B grade" manager.

I also disagree that Sterling and Henderson "shit the bed", I personally think we're being mismanaged tactically.

We literally had no tactics last season. Gerrard said it in a post game once. "We defend as a team and let SAS to do there thing. If the opposition wanna leave them, so be it" or something along those lines, I can't be bothered finding the quote. We literally gave ultimate freedom to those 2 players. That's all there was to it. That's why I struggle to understand how people believe it was Rodgers that made us challenge. Every "top side" last season changed management. So it was always going to affect those sides. Suarez also had a point to prove, and literally had 2-3 players on him in most games. That gave every single player in our final third the freedom to play with no pressure. You all see them "shit the bed" earlier this season because we, after 3 years, have no identity as a side. We're literally still rebuilding. 3 years and 200m later. Pisses me off.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:54 pm

^ That clearly is not right though. Everyone and their dogs know Rodgers didn't want Balotelli. Then how come we ended up with him? And do you really think the same with Aspas and Alberto ?

Here is the comparative transfer and coaching set up structure US vs. BVB

Liverpool -

Brendan Rodgers
Manager
Colin Pascoe
Assistant manager
Mike Marsh
First-team coach
Glen Driscoll
Head of performance
Chris Davies
Head of opposition analysis

Plus transfer committee:

Ian Graham (Director of Research)
Michael Edwards (Head of Performance and Analysis)
Ian Ayre
Barry Hunter (Chief Scout)
Mike Gordon (Director)
Dave Fallows (Head of Recruitment)

Compared to Dortmund:

Jürgen Klopp Head coach
Željko Buvač Assistant coach
Peter Krawietz Assistant coach
Wolfgang de Beer Goalkeeping coach

and

Hans-Joachim Watzke Chairman and managing director for Sport, Sales & Marketing and Communications
Thomas Treß Managing director for Organization and Finance
Michael Zorc Segment director for Sport
Carsten Cramer Segment director for Sales & Marketing
Sascha Fligge Segment director for Communications
Dr. Christian Hockenjos Segment director for Organization
Marcus Knipping Segment director for Finance

Their scouts actually go to games every weekend. We rely on statistics according to a lot of reputable journal and don't scout the mentality of the player as much. We've been mostly shit in transfers for 25 years, and not only the past 3 years.

Be our manager Rodgers, Rafa, Klopp, Allardyce, Howe...we need a shake up in the transfer structure.

Either a DOF (one person with vision), or leave it fully to the manager. That way, when things go RIGHT or WRONG...we will fully know who to praise/blame. Not the hiding game that's going on ow.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:42 am

Balotelli, if anything, has looked one of our better players when given chances in 2015. He's been poorly managed by Rodgers, because he was given a run of PL games early in the season when we were playing the wrong formation, playing badly and Balotelli being used in a wrong role, the lone striker in a wide 4-3-3. After he was dropped during that run, he's been given just 120 minutes of PL football, none of them starts. But he's looked good, imo, when given chances, like against Villa, he was really trying to get things done, get involved, making runs. It's a real shame if we lose him after only one season, especially a season like this, because there's a good player in him when used right. If anything, Rodgers should be happy about having him, because based purely on raw talent, we ain't going to attract players of his caliber if the best we could do was Adam Lallana when we got in the CL.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 am

Recent rumors:

Immobile (DiMarzio)
Ings & Milner (according to everyone Razz )
Depay (Bascombe of Telegraph)

What gave be nightmares is Immobile to replace Balotelli!!!! HOW CAN THAT HELP Sad affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 am

BBC had a story yesterday that United are looking at Depay. If he's leaving Holland, I'm afraid there might be too many takers by now for us to stand a chance Neutral
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:24 pm

I don't mind Immobile at all actually.

Rumours that I'm liking though:

Geoffrey Kondogbia (L'Equipe)
Memphis Depay (multiple)

IF we get those two I don't really care what the rest of the window looks like tbh. Get it done.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 am

Martin Skrtel: I won't leave Liverpool FC

Skrtel could become the second star to commit his future to the Reds after Jordan Henderson agreed a new five-year contract

Martin Skrtel looks set to be the second influential Liverpool star to commit his future to the Reds this summer.

The centre-back, 30, has been linked with moves to Wolfsburg and Napoli as his current contract expires next summer.

But Skrtel has categorically put the rumours to bed by declaring: “I am not leaving anywhere. Not to Wolfsburg nor to Naples.”

Skrtel’s agent, Karol Csonto, also confirmed there had been no contact from the Wolfsburg.

He said: “The only offer which is lying on Martin Skrtel’s table right now is the extension of his contract from Liverpool.

“We have been working on the details, and we will be finalising it soon.

“It is not true that he has some offer from the German club. I don’t know anything even about their interest.”

Skrtel’s comments will come as a double boost to the Reds - as Jordan Henderson is poised to sign a new five-year contract worth £100,000 a week.

:facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 am

^ Why the :facepalm: mate ?

We need Skrtel to stay. We won't have much money to splash this summer, so the less positions and replacement we have to worry about, the better.

Plus, Skrtel has been among our best players this season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:35 am

Not interested in Depay this summer at all, to be honest.

Immobile is just another of those "2+2=Transfer!" stories at the moment as far as I'm concerned. One club going through big change, a forward possibly available, and another likely to be in the market for forwards. Seems more like wild speculation than real news. Aubameyang would seem to be the Dortmund forward that fits the profile we'd be interested in, anyway.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:54 am

People have forgotten how shit Skrtel was last season. How shit he was in 2012-13. And how shit Skrtel was in the first half of this season in a back 4.

He's only been good for 3 months in a goddam 15 game stretch in a back 3. And people want him to stay. He's effing 30 which means the only thing he ever had which was physicality is dwindling.

Giving that guy another contract and you want me to be happy?

I'm :facepalm:  ing for giving him a new contract which would probably keep him here until he's 33 or further.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 am

^ We aren't splashing the cash. If we don't give Skrtel a new contract, we'll have to sell him. It's a 2 year contract keeping him there until 2018 (not that it means he'll actually fully stay til 2018 anyways).

Meaning we'll have to buy another CB and with our record in the market, I have zero confidence we'll get someone better than him. And I don't wanna go into next season with an injury-prone Sakho, an unproven Ilori, a healthy Lovren, and a 34 year old Toure.

We must avoid splitting our budget on quantity. We need 2-3 players this summer and the less players we replace, the more chance we have of just focusing on those 3 players that we really need.

Skrtel has been a fine servant for this club and an important piece of the puzzle in two serious title challenges and key CL games....I don't like the disrespect he gets. He's been one of our best buys of the last decade, actually.

Anyways, people forget, despite our worst start in 50 years, we're still on course to get very close or break the 70 points barrier. We aren't that far away, especially playing without any proper strikers almost all season. This squad is in need of 2 proven goalscorer (one has to be a main striker), and a central midfielder. I don't even think we need anything else. Get these 3 in and I'll be confident of next season.

Next 6 dead-rubber games should also be a good indicator of who's a fighter and who's given up. Players who don't seem arsed and don't put effort in the remaining games, should be subject to cull this summer. We need people with fight mentality and courage to push on.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 am

Let's say our budger is 30M, and we can generate 30M through sales.

that 60M should be spent on 3 players max...no more.

Speaking of leaving...How much do you think we can recoup this summer from sales ?

Gerrard- Free (150K/WEEK)
Johnson- Free (110K/WEEK)
Toure- Free (70K/WEEK)
Balotelli- can we get 10M from him ? I really hope we don't loan (100K/WEEK)
Borini- 5M maybe ?? (40K/WEEK)
Lambert- 2M (40K/WEEK)
Wisdom- 3M ? (I don't rate him...he's been wank at WBA too)
Aspas- 5M (Deal agreed with Sevilla apparently)
Alberto- ?? 3M if lucky maybe ?
Jones- Free (30K/WEEK)
Other (fringe, youth, etc)- 5M ?

That'll leave us with 30M in sales and quiet a lot of weekly wages saved.

Spend it on 3 players max and bloat the squad with youngsters. Give Branaggan's and Yesil's of this world a chance. rather than spending the budget on yet alone squad players again.

We need 3 first team players. That's all.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:36 am

El Cujo wrote:I don't mind Immobile at all actually.

Rumours that I'm liking though:

Geoffrey Kondogbia (L'Equipe)
Memphis Depay (multiple)

IF we get those two I don't really care what the rest of the window looks like tbh. Get it done.

He'll fit right in.

1 goal in 16 League goal striker- Balotelli
7 in 28 league goal striker- Origi
3 in 17 leaguegoal striker- Immobile
and an unreliable player due to injuries in DS15.
looool

If we don't sign a proven goalscorer that basically guarantees minimum double digits league goals in summer, we deserve absolutely everything we get next season. It's by far the most obvious flaw in our squad at the moment....replacing Suarez' goals and we've done nowhere near enough to rectify it last summer, and we need proven quality.

There is a term that says you build your defense on the cheap, but you buy your attack. That's why strikers are the most expensive players. Because goals win games and we need goals badly.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 am

RedOranje wrote:Not interested in Depay this summer at all, to be honest.

Why?

The truth is a player of his talent and potential needs to be bought now, or never. We won't be able to buy him when he's in his peak as he'll be beyond our budget most likely, and wanted by clubs with more money.

Not that he's an overly realistic transfer anyway. United have more money, most likely CL, and LvG.

Still, I'd take him in a second. He's still immature and a bit inconsistent, but he'd be a starter for us (and most teams in the world).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:07 am

Skrtel's great, fantastic that he's signing a new contract.
Also can't wait for it to be officially announced that Henderson has signed that contract.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm

sepi wrote:Let's say our budger is 30M, and we can generate 30M through sales.

that 60M should be spent on 3 players max...no more.
I agree. But we might have to a bit more flexible. We will need 4 players this summer; GK, RB, CM, ST.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm

^ Fullbacks are irreolevant mate.
We nearly won the league twice in last 5 years with Andrea Dossena and Aly Cissokho as fullbacks.

Investing a large sum of our budget on such position is poor investment.

say you have 30M budget.

It should be a 25M striker and 5M fullback, maximum budget allocation. Fullbacks don't win you games/points, strikers and goalscorers do.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 pm

I think I agree with Sepi, spending a lot on a full-back might be unwise unless we know we're getting top quality - and there's not much of that available.

Yet on the other hand, the full-backs we have are probably better or on par with any 5m full-backs we could buy. So, it probably doesn't make much sense to spend 5m on a fb, either, if he's not going to be any better than Flanagan or Manquillo.

inb4 we buy Clyne for £25m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:59 am

El Cujo wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Not interested in Depay this summer at all, to be honest.

Why?

The truth is a player of his talent and potential needs to be bought now, or never. We won't be able to buy him when he's in his peak as he'll be beyond our budget most likely, and wanted by clubs with more money.

Not that he's an overly realistic transfer anyway. United have more money, most likely CL, and LvG.

Still, I'd take him in a second. He's still immature and a bit inconsistent, but he'd be a starter for us (and most teams in the world).

Several reasons. None of which, I suspect, you'll agree with.

At the forefront though, is the fact that its simply not an area of major concern for us. There are several areas of much greater concern than wide forward/wide attacker.

Second, I'm not convinced of him. He's had a good tournament and a single very good season. Recent years have established a trend of players of his profile (similar position, similar age, similar burst onto the big stage) who flattered to deceive and after getting a big move struggled notably. Once bitten, twice shy I guess.

Finally, he fills a role we're not all that pressed to address at the moment. I'd rather see some of the players we have get more significant time and chances in the wide forward/wide attack role and focus specifically on getting proper first teamers for CF and RB this summer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:05 am

RB a position we are in dire need of filling this summer! Its an absolute MUST!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:42 am

Fahim89 wrote:RB a position we are in dire need of filling this summer! Its an absolute MUST!!!

Not many obvious choices around, though. Clyne, yeah, but I don't want to buy him, feels stupid to buy every player of one club.

How much do people think our net spending is going to be in the summer? Our net spending in one window has never reached £40m under FSG and this summer it looks like there will be almost no money coming from sales (unless we sell Sterling). Yet I think the minimum we have to spend is £40m. Will be interesting to see whether FSG are keeping their foot on the gas or starting to take it cautiously, after all they were probably hoping their investment so far had taken us further than this season indicates.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:02 am

Well true the options at RB are really thin.

On net spending i feel it's going to be pretty low. I feel we are going to try real hard for the free deals (or almost free deals) like Milner, Konoplyanka and Ings. I feel a major part of the funds would be spent on feeling the major gap that might arise due to the departure of Gerrard and most likely Lucas.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:32 am

art wrote:How much do people think our net spending is going to be in the summer?
How much do we need to spend, realistically??? We do need four players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:14 pm

iftikhar wrote:
art wrote:How much do people think our net spending is going to be in the summer?
How much do we need to spend, realistically??? We do need four players.

Like I said, I don't think we can get the players we need for less than £40m unless we get some real bargains from somewhere.

I wonder what's the deal with Holtby, he's a Tottenham player on loan at Hamburg, who may get relegated. He could be a smart bargain option to get, although it's probably out of question because we're one of the last clubs Tottenham want to sell to.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Sell Rodgers before Lucas. lmao

And we'll have a transfer budget of around 50m.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next