jibers
M99
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
28 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 21 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 21

Post by Onyx Mon 30 Mar - 22:29:59

Nah, not gonna watch anything live for the foreseeable future, maybe SummerSlam if the card's appealing.

Anyway speaking of RAW, for those that watch NXT, do you think Charlotte's gonna debut tonight similar to how Paige did last year? Possibly even Neville.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 21 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 21

Post by Onyx Mon 30 Mar - 22:30:53

Rollins saying 'thank you so much' while pinning Reigns.

https://vine.co/v/OLvLaVl6DTq

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 30 Mar - 22:45:26

Wonder if Lesnar is going to appear tonight.

Can't wait for the potential Orton vs Lesnar at SS. Will be one of the best fight of the year. Also want to see Rusev Vs Lesnar at some point.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 30 Mar - 22:53:31

MT why do you even watch WWE if you don't like someone who's good in the ring? That's like 80% of it... Seem ridiculous. Might as well watch eastenders if you're in it for the plot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 30 Mar - 22:56:32

gonna watch the first half an hour or so at least to see the aftermath of last night
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 30 Mar - 22:58:41

heard WWE stock fell quite a bit after last night

must be because Bryan's a champion again hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 30 Mar - 23:20:25

Firenze Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 0:01:15

Freeza wrote:MT why do you even watch WWE if you don't like someone who's good in the ring? That's like 80% of it... Seem ridiculous. Might as well watch eastenders if you're in it for the plot.

I don't just watch PPV's though, so for me it's not 80% in ring. I watch RAW and Smackdown as well.

Anyway I've watched so much wrestling by now that I know the formula of pretty much every match. So the wrestling aspect no longer interests me as much. That's where the characters and storylines come into play.

Also 'good in ring' doesn't mean anything. An average wrestler like Cena or the Rock can easily put on a classic.

When you look back at the goat WWE era, it was more about the characters and storylines and less about wrestling.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 0:06:42

Don't lump The GOAT with average and Cena pls.

Also yes it was about the characters and storylines yes, but the matches were entertaining as hell. It matters greatly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 0:07:02

WWE announce Sheamus is returning on RAW tonight.

Sheamus vs Rollins. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 0:08:24

Sheamus vs Bryan for Intercontinental title where Sheamus wins inside 30 secs again IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 0:08:42

Exactly, you don't need to be a high skilled indy technical amazing 100 headlock variation knowing wrestler to put on classic matches.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 0:10:35

Yohan Modric wrote:Exactly, you don't need to be a high skilled indy technical amazing 100 headlock variation knowing wrestler to put on classic matches.

Who said otherwise? When people say in ring they don't mean chain wrestling lol. Just how entertaining their matches are.

Lesnar as entertaining as *bleep* but all he does these days is throw and pound for 30 mins lol, no one said otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 31 Mar - 0:11:35

Yohan Modric wrote:Exactly, you don't need to be a high skilled indy technical amazing 100 headlock variation knowing wrestler to put on classic matches.

Did this dude just call Sheamus vs Bryan a classic match?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 31 Mar - 0:12:45

Great in ring is how entertaining you are, great spots, cool moves and great selling in WWE. Not great in-ring as techincal wrestling always.
Kurt Angle was the complete package in everything though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 0:17:28

Generally the IWC's definition of 'good wrestler' is somebody who knows 10000 different holds like Bryan, Dean Malenko, Regal, Benoit etc.

But yeh, I don't care about that type of wrestling ability. Just as long as they can put on a good match, then that's all that matters.

A lot of people solely like Rollins simply because he can put on a good match. However putting on a good match should never be the only reason somebody gets to be World champion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 0:20:05

Freeza wrote:

Did this dude just call Sheamus vs Bryan a classic match?

Who? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 31 Mar - 0:23:31

John Cena and Daniel Bryan are more than familiar with WWE gold. Cena captured 15 WWE World Heavyweight Championships, while Bryan claimed four in as many years.

The two megastars both left WrestleMania with titles, with Cena winning the United States Championship from Rusev and Bryan grabbing the Intercontinental Championship in a 7-Superstar Ladder Match.

So who will be the first challengers to step up against Cena and Bryan? Will Rusev and Bad News Barrett look to reclaim their lost prizes? And is a new era underway for these storied championships with such dominant Superstars now in their possession?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-03-30/raw-five-point-preview-march-30-2015-27247357/page-5

Let's keep pretending Bryan is a midcarder even though WWE is putting him in the same status as Cena.

Triple H said on the podcast he wants to raise the prestige of the belts. This is a good start.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 31 Mar - 0:31:16

Yohan Modric wrote:Generally the IWC's definition of 'good wrestler' is somebody who knows 10000 different holds like Bryan, Dean Malenko, Regal, Benoit etc.

But yeh, I don't care about that type of wrestling ability. Just as long as they can put on a good match, then that's all that matters.

A lot of people solely like Rollins simply because he can put on a good match. However putting on a good match should never be the only reason somebody gets to be World champion.

I agree with this, but I still think Rollins offers at least the same on the mic as Bryan. Bryan is vastly overrated in that regard. Basically only got popular becase he had a catchphrase that was easy for fans to chant.

Only chants that was going aroung yesterday was this is awesome or Cena sucks.

Benoit was great in ring, both technical and entertaining wise. He supplexed everyone with style and risked his brain, which evetually ended him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 0:35:50

Yohan Modric wrote:Generally the IWC's definition of 'good wrestler' is somebody who knows 10000 different holds like Bryan, Dean Malenko, Regal, Benoit etc.

I don't want to keep saying this, but that's exactly the reason you claimed Bryan should be champ because of his apparent in ring ability.

Make your mind up lol, Rollins is fantastic in the ring and from what i can tell he's no scrub outside of it either.

A lot worse people than Rollins have had multiple world title runs just because they are fantastic in ring workers and make everyone else they face look better than they are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 0:45:17

I still can't believe they made Daniel Bryan a mid-carder and gave him that belt........

Just doesn't look good. So what we'll end up with is a bunch of guys who should have been given their main event championship push so long ago, now fighting for scraps?

OK then...... that is NOT how you bring prestige back to those belts...... especially with Cena.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue 31 Mar - 0:47:34

Got the bootlegged WM DVD less than 24 hours after the event, the guy in the shop i got it from was watching it and paused so i dont see any spoilers.

Despite the shit buildup this WM wasnt so bad in terms of the show itself but i hated most of the results. The IC match had good spots but nothing too impressive, good match. Orton vs Rollins was a good match but i didnt like the result. Sting vs HHH started great but once DX and NWO got involved i knew its gonna be WCW vs WWE and WWE always wins..Rusev vs Cena was great but why does Cena need this ? That followed by Bray losing to Taker wasnt fun to watch despite the good matches.

The main event was great in terms of seeing Roman punished, and in terms of the result, well at least one young guy got a win here. And btw, did anyone else notice how stiff Reigns and Lesnar were? Its as if they were trying to hurt each other
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 31 Mar - 0:48:16

Wasn't even mid card tbh, Ronda Rousey got more air time :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue 31 Mar - 0:51:22

Just total disrespect to Bryan imo.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 1:09:55

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I don't want to keep saying this, but that's exactly the reason you claimed Bryan should be champ because of his apparent in ring ability.

Make your mind up lol, Rollins is fantastic in the ring and from what i can tell he's no scrub outside of it either.

A lot worse people than Rollins have had multiple world title runs just because they are fantastic in ring workers and make everyone else they face look better than they are.

In addition to his in ring ability, Bryan was hugely over and I mean hugely over at times last year. Arenas were getting hijacked and people were literally in tears when he lost. Not only that, but he has undeniable charisma and has an underdog appeal where you just want to route for him. Plus babyfaces unlike heels can get over mainly based on their in ring work. Think Rey Mysterio, RVD, Jeff Hardy etc.

That's why I really do think Rollins would be better off as a face.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 31 Mar - 1:12:20

Y0lo, gonna watch the opening segment of RAW. That post WM crowd ffs. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next