McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 8 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon May 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Damn, now I really think that Edd and Olly will be on For The Watch pale

I hope we get "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother" from Roose.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 8 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Yeah Olly will go stabby on Jon but not Edd. Pls not Edd. But no really I can't see him do that, Jon is his last friend in Castle Black anyway.

This episode almost confirmed that Sam and Gilly will go to Oldtown, I'm happy for this as minor as it may sound. Could mean that Euron is in S6. Randyll Tarly and Archmaester Marwyn for sure.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 am

Who was saying they signed Bowen marsh then lol?  I also think it's going to be Olly. Which will suck.

Yea Oldtown seems to be happening.

LOL at switching Connington with Jorah rofl

Btw, Everyone travelling back with Stannis? how is that going to change things? And who was that women looking from the tower when they were marching?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 am

The Doom of Valyria theory.

The Doom was a massive volcano eruption as we know, Tyrion and Jorah says so also in the episode. The fires rose so high it even burned the dragons. Well actually volcano eruptions. Valyria had mages that tended the Fourteen Flames with mage but those mages died, World Of Ice and Fire speculates that the warring families had each of the other's mages killed.

But did they really? The Kindly Man when explaining the origins of the Faceless Men to Arya says to her that Gift was bought to the Masters of Valyria at one point too implying the Faceless Men were behind the Doom. I think it's fair to assume the the Faceless Men assassinated the mages and then without magic to stop them, the volcanoes erupted.

The Faceless Men are not cheap. It must have taken a lot of gold to hire them for such a huge mission. On the World of Ice
and Fire, Septon Barth said an ancient prophecy said that gold from Casterly Rock would destroy Valyria. That's why the Valyrian Empire never went near Westeros. They could have easily conquered them with their dragons but they did not out of fear of the prophecy. However, the gold was bought to them. The Lannisters bought the Valyrian steel sword Brightroar from a Valyrian family with their gold. It is stated in one of the books they overpaid heavily for it, they could have easily bought an army with the gold. Later that gold was used to hire the Faceless Men and fulfilled the prophecy of the gold of Casterly Rock.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Really interesting.

But why did the Lannisters pay the faceless men?

Targaerians must have been doing something in Valayria which the faceless men must have found threatening.

Wonder if all of this will be repeated. Faceless men keeping an eye on Daenerys to see if she turns mad or something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 12, 2015 7:47 pm

You misread it. The Lannisters paid a lot of gold to a Valyrian family to buy Brightroar. Later that gold was used to hire the Faceless Men.

Here is where it is pure speculation instead of reading between textual evidence. That family was... Wait for it....

The Targaryens.

With one swoop there are not any more dragon lords that can match their power and they have a freed road to create the greatest dynasty the world has ever seen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 pm

That's quite a cool theory, so fitting that Brightroar was lost in Valyria if the Lannisters bought it from the Targaryens.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Btw Bowen Marsh WAS cast this season. He spoke against Jon last episode and Stannis corrected his grammar.

Olly will not be the one organizing Jon's stabbing, that would be ridiculous, but he will likely help Alliser Thorne, Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwick by tricking Jon, maybe even land thr final blow. And Mel will likely return to the wall, because Carice who plays Melisandre has hinted at more scenes with Jon.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Episode preview shows Stannis' camp on fire. Wonder what that's all about, although I'm not sure if it will be in the next episode or the following.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Episode preview shows Stannis' camp on fire. Wonder what that's all about, although I'm not sure if it will be in the next episode or the following.

Link? If Brienne has something to do with this :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

https://imgur.com/a/7v5Tz

Scroll down to the E7 shots
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Tyrion with Daenerys at the end of Dance of Dragon episode.

If Brienne actually kills Stannis Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 pm

If Brienne tries to use fire against Mel surely that can't end well for her

Also in the next epi it looks like Littlefinger will convince Olyvar to betray Loras.

I went through the entire series without realizing that Loras was gay and thats the only thing we know about him in the show Laughing

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Have no idea what's happening there, it's the shot from the season trailer,

That pic of Theon crying gives me chills, it's from Sansa's wedding night pale
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 pm

He is going to play the same role as in the books and rescue Sansa instead of fake Arya. Probably meet up with Asha at some point or Stannis even.

And can see Sansa going to the nights watch instead of that other girl in the books.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 am

Oh my god how can HBO and the show do this to us Sad  This is an absolute travesty.

Where are Griff, young Griff, the Halfmaester, Ser Duck, The milfy septa Lemore, Yandry and Yvilla?

I just read the most amazing chapter in the 5th book so far.

Tyrion playing the halfmaester at cyvasse for secrets. And the halfmaester having "turtles crawling out of his arse." Laughing  obviously having told Tyrion the big secret by then when they spot the giant turtle (the old man of the river) and Tyrion thinks to himself

"And why not? Tyrion grinned. Gods and wonders always appear, to attend the the birth of kings."

Tyrion was already skeptical about this whole thing earlier in the chapter after young Griff's lessons saying

"The boy is bright. You have done well by him. Half the lords in Westeros are not so learned, sad to say. Languages, history, songs, and sums...a heady stew for some sellsword's son."

Okay so you guys know that someone spoiled a part of this book for me saying that Varys is backing Dany's cousin for the throne.

Now I was very pissed about the fact that that got spoiled for me but honestly I've thinking of how it was possible for Dany to even have another relative alive, but I'm starting to think young Griff is that "cousin" that the girl who spoiled it for me was talking about. Hell maybe she had it wrong and they aren't even cousins but I sure as hell think that Varys and Illyrio are probably backing young Griff for the throne after reading this chapter. I just have to figure out how his bloodline traces back to the Targaryens or even possibly Baratheons.

I reckons that's what the secret was that the Halfmaester told Tyrion.

But effing HBO, unbelievable that they have JORAH *bleep* Mormont replacing these amazing characters in Tyrion's journey down the Rhoyne. I hope to god the show doesn't exclude this arc from the show. They've already caused enough bullshit by leaving out Arianne Martell and possibly even Quentyn Martell. Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 am

I'm a bit jelly that you are reading this stuff for the first time, not that it's bad on my current re-read.

And stop getting spoiled you clown, when I read Tyrion discovering Young Griff's identity in a later chapter my mind was blown.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 17, 2015 1:40 pm

My mind was so blown I had to immediatly re-read the chapter
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Really for me that was such a big wtf moment. Such a major player, an earth shattering revelation revealed on the 5th book.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Holly shit Shocked okay so Rhaegars son Aegon Shocked So it's Dany's nephew not cousin. Jon Connington Proud Tyrion solving it as if it was crossword puzzle on the back of a newspaper Molenation

And Tyrion getting touched by the stonemen there at the end when he's drowning Sad Don't tell me this is how Tyrion dies ffs.

The show and HBO have honestly robbed us. How can they not include this in the show my god :facepalm:

P.S. Quick note about the 2 previous chapter as well Jon counseling Stannis on war Molenation And Qarth declaring war Shocked
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 pm

If you think they were killing off the best and most popular character on the show, check that head of your brah. Jorah's not really a fan favorite by any means, but he serves as a much better character to kill off.

Not even GRRM would sanction the killing of Tyrion on the show in that way even though he already did it in books. That would be a bridge too far for most fans after what happened to the Starks.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 pm

I just hope they don't pull a jamie-cersei with Ramsay-Sansa. If Ramsay at any point rapes her, then I am completely done with the show.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 17, 2015 11:43 pm

I think he will definitely try and she'll do something to prevent it....or will get saved by luck like she always appears to in this show Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 18, 2015 3:16 am

Don't call me James wrote:
And Tyrion getting touched by the stonemen there at the end when he's drowning Sad Don't tell me this is how Tyrion dies ffs.

It's safe to read BC's OP now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 5:54 am

M69 why do you think I keep hating on BC whenever someone brings up any sort of a spoiler. I read it his garbage OP a long time ago, spoiled that shit for me as well.

Honestly, I'm on a revenge mission. Once Winds of Winters comes out, I'll read it all in a day and spoil everyone who has ever spoiled anything from this series for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 6:33 am

The ending to tonight's episode...

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 8 FG39BTa

This show is pushing me to the limit with its dumb changes.

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next