McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 am

The ending to tonight's episode...

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 FG39BTa

This show is pushing me to the limit with its dumb changes.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 5:48 am

Welp, my bad mood has just gotten worse. I just read this.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/17/game-thrones-sansa-ramsay-interview

The writer producer also confirmed that, for those suspecting Littlefinger might have known about Ramsay’s sadism, that Baelish was definitely ignorant of the situation. “The difference between the Ramsay Snow of the books and the show is the Ramsay of the show is not a famous psycho,” he said. “He’s not known everywhere as a psycho. So Littlefinger doesn’t have the intelligence on him. He knows they’re scary and creepy and not to be folly trusted and it’s part of a larger plan.”

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 6:03 am

Well, this gif I just found put a smile on my face for a short time.

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 0hcquE8

rofl
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 am

Jonathan28 wrote:The ending to tonight's episode...

This show is pushing me to the limit with its dumb changes.

Honestly exactly how I felt.

That was supposed to be the Queenmaker arc? :facepalm:

And I already expressed my absolute disgust at them using Jorah Mormont instead of the actual party that Tyrion travels with.

And the faith inquest and Margaery getting imprisoned for that bs. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST EFFING FOLLOW THE BOOKS.

Also awful sandsnakes, how can they write these goat characters so badly in the show. And the actresses :facepalm: Awful casting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 6:27 am

I can't believe Euron, Vic and the entire Iron Island arc got cut for the Dorne bullshit, its been awful. I don't know how D&D have managed to make the Dorne arc in the show worse than the  book version, but they've pulled it off.

This episode demonstrated what I've said time and time again, and that is whenever D&D decide not to follow the plot of the books, the show starts to turn to complete shit.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 18, 2015 12:28 pm

That's the third female lead who got raped in the show but not in the books. Brienne and Arya will probably get raped next season. Instead of watching Sansa evolve into a strong player of the game of thrones we see her get raped. And the Dorne scenes good lord I don't even know what to say about that.

https://i.imgur.com/7ygWzNa.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't even know why I still watch this.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Honestly I can't believe what they're doing to Sansa. This is such a bullshit decision I just can't believe it.
In the books she's just starting to become a player and in the show they just make her a victim AGAIN, now even getting RAPED. And of course she won't do anything about it but it'll be Theon who will save her because in the show she just exists to be a victim that people can either torture or save, nothing she can do herself.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Oh and don't get me started on the sand snakes. They might've never been the most interesting book-characters  but the show really takes the piss. Are they even actual actors? The whole watergarde stuff is just hilarious btw. Is there even ANY security at all? Jaime and Bronn can just walk in armed, the sand snakes run around weapons drawn, they can fight for half a minute or more till someone arrives? WTF? Anyone could have just killed the two without any problem at all.

And Tyrion getting away with THAT excuse. Srsly they just don't care anymore if anything makes sense, do they?

edit
sorry for triple post Embarassed
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 18, 2015 1:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:I just hope they don't pull a jamie-cersei with Ramsay-Sansa. If Ramsay at any point rapes her, then I am completely done with the show.

Now to see if the man keeps his word hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 4:31 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I just hope they don't pull a jamie-cersei with Ramsay-Sansa. If Ramsay at any point rapes her, then I am completely done with the show.

Now to see if the man keeps his word hmm

RealGunner: "Pls understand"
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 4:45 pm

RG Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 pm

[quote="M99"]That's the third female lead who got raped in the show but not in the books. Brienne and Arya will probably get raped next season. Instead of watching Sansa evolve into a strong player of the game of thrones we see her get raped. And the Dorne scenes good lord I don't even know what to say about that.

Noooooo. It cant happen. It shouldnt happen ffs. Mad pale

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 pm

M99 wrote:That's the third female lead who got raped in the show but not in the books. Brienne and Arya will probably get raped next season. Instead of watching Sansa evolve into a strong player of the game of thrones we see her get raped. And the Dorne scenes good lord I don't even know what to say about that.

Noooooo. It cant happen. It shouldnt happen ffs. Mad pale

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Sticking to my words

Done with the show.

I don't understand why they felt the need to do that? Who are they trying to please with such disgusting and horrible scene?

THey have ruined the whole story.

And people have the cheek to shit on book readers Laughing

Hope DnD goes bankrupt.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 pm

To be fair the damage was done before. There was no way Sansa would get out of this situation without Ramsey bedding her (and I doubt there was any way to turn this into something consensual).. well she or Theon could've killed him or something but I mean no way to do it without killing what's left of the story.
Sansa should've never accepted to marry Ramsey Bolton. It was stupid and imo it was out of character aswell but as soon as she did it - it had to happen.

Of course that doesn't make it any less disgusting. DnD just go and never come back pls.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 18, 2015 8:59 pm

It doesn't make sense to me how everyone and their mother knows that Roose was the one to kill Robb, whereas Littlefinger is somehow unaware that Ramsey is a sadist? It's not like he hides it. Seems like D&D pick and choose which pieces of information are disseminated and which not depending on the needs of their plot, regardless of consistency.

The problem is not that the series diverges from the book, that's fine, it's that D&D are a significant downgrade from GRRM.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It doesn't make sense to me how everyone and their mother knows that Roose was the one to kill Robb, whereas Littlefinger is somehow unaware that Ramsey is a sadist? It's not like he hides it. Seems like D&D pick and choose which pieces of information are disseminated and which not depending on the needs of their plot, regardless of consistency.

The problem is not that the series diverges from the book, that's fine, it's that D&D are a significant downgrade from GRRM.

He is aware of that I think, I read somewhere. Cant seem to find it now. Some writer from the show gave a hint I think about that.
Littlefinger is an A class a-hole. hehe. But Still he is one of the good things about this book/show. And thats why I like him. Very Happy

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Nah, one of the directors talked about how LF had no idea about how bad Rasmsay was.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 pm

Still fuming tbh

That's the third time they have forced a rape scene.

Someone must question their writers.

Is there any arc in which they are doing justice? Jon's perhaps even if it is rushed.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Glory wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:It doesn't make sense to me how everyone and their mother knows that Roose was the one to kill Robb, whereas Littlefinger is somehow unaware that Ramsey is a sadist? It's not like he hides it. Seems like D&D pick and choose which pieces of information are disseminated and which not depending on the needs of their plot, regardless of consistency.

He is aware of that I think, I read somewhere. Cant seem to find it now. Some writer from the show gave a hint I think about that.
Littlefinger is an A class a-hole. hehe. But Still he is one of the good things about this book/show. And thats why I like him. Very Happy

Nah, I posted this on the previous page.

The writer producer also confirmed that, for those suspecting Littlefinger might have known about Ramsay’s sadism, that Baelish was definitely ignorant of the situation. “The difference between the Ramsay Snow of the books and the show is the Ramsay of the show is not a famous psycho,” he said. “He’s not known everywhere as a psycho. So Littlefinger doesn’t have the intelligence on him. He knows they’re scary and creepy and not to be folly trusted and it’s part of a larger plan.”
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm

Ramsay is just known as your average nice flaying bro, certainly not a psycho hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 19, 2015 2:15 am

Littlefinger is incompetent in the show. He pusehd Lysa without any backup plan (he framed Marillion in the book) and had to be saved by Sansa, something which he did not see coming. Now he does not know anything about Ramsay, nice. Better to have him twirling his moustache and deliver Bond villain monologues.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 19, 2015 11:26 am

Jonathan28 wrote:
Glory wrote:

Nah, I posted this on the previous page.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Nah, one of the directors talked about how LF had no idea about how bad Rasmsay was.

hmm I misunderstood in that case. Thanks for clearing that up.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 19, 2015 5:07 pm

so this happened .

I am not surprised , nor outraged with the way they went with it tbh. You can make a case for the other rapes , but this is different imo. Months ago we heard of this traumatic scene with Sansa . Later on , to be married to Ramsey .

I am pretty sure it crossed many book readers minds as well , at least those who remembered . It certainly did with me , but i kinda kicked it away , i really refused/didn't want to believe it. But from the moment Sansa stepped into Winterfell , i was scared for her. The word traumatic is in a lot of cases connected with rape and then comes Ramsey , who we know how sadistic (and cruel) was with Jeyne Poole. It shouldn't really be a surprise to most book readers tbh. I see many complain about how they ruined Sansa's character or arc and what not , but i seem to understand that after they went with *Sansa to Winterfell confirmed* , they couldn't really avoid this . In any case , Sansa can still become a player , now more than ever before. All players have to live with their own traumas in this game .

Moving on from that , for the moment. I think that the Dorne stuff this episode was terrible . Only redeeming side of it was Bronn , who idk if you noticed , was cut by one of the Sandsnakes and my guess would be , it probably had poison on it . I sincerely hope i am wrong , but something tells me i am not. I will miss you Bronn , more than most characters in the tv show .

We are in episode 6 and Doran has featured so little . Instead we get the bs sandsnakes all the time. ughh . Give us Doran ffs . In general lines , the decision to focus on Jaime-Dorne and not on Jaime-Riverlands , was a bad call. There's still time to get somewhat better , but how much more? The entire Jaime to Dorne thing lacks in comparison to the books . It's a pretty hollow road to take tbh.

Arya . idk about you but it somewhat bores me to death . I was so excited to see the show version of Arya and the house of black and white. It's not bad tbh , but i hope it gets better . Tyrion and Jorah . Although i preffer the book version , i still like how this one goes so far. I wonder what happened to Varys doe ?? hmmm ?

Littlefinger V Lancel : Buuuuuurn , them quotes by Littlefinger  rofl  rofl  .
I do agree however with what's being talked about him here doe. Inconsistency is bugging the show , or is it just bad/mediocre writting?

And finally , Theon . I don't know what you guys think of it all , but Theon broke me on that last scene. I felt so terrible for Theon and Sansa and so angry at Ramsey at the same time . His face man , the acting was insane on this one . I don't care what people think , this season Theon has become my n1 character to see on the show. Every scene he's in , there's so much going on , so many stories and memories and emotions in place. So broken , so utterly destroyed , yet after all the nemesis he suffers , Theon Greyjoy is still somewhere in there. I can't wait to see more Theon .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah Alfie Allen is fantastic as Theon, he's been great since S2.

Bronn is toast without a doubt, but I don't think he'll die of poison. In the audition tapes for Tyene, she saves him with an antidote. I reckon he'll die of Areo Hotah's huge *bleep* axe instead, if not him then someone IS dying from that axe, it's an obvious Chekhov's Gun. Bronn is getting Oakheart'd.

Also Cersei is getting arrested next episode from what I could see in the preview, we might even get Margaery's "vile, evil, scheming bitch" though without doubt they'll change it a bit to our annoyance.

Ramsay is heading out to meet Stannis which looks like the Battle of the Ice Lake that is expected to happen in TWOW. Can't wait for that but I'm fearing for Stannis.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next