McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 33 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by silver Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:08 am

Well my biggest surprise (that I didn't already know) is that Theon and Jeyne are found by Asha who is a captive of Stannis Baratheon, and the battle at Winterfell between Stannis and the Bolton's hasn't happened yet.

Does this mean there's a chance that Stannis can win? Cause I really hate the Boltons.

I also can't believe that Trystane just died like that. What a waste of a character.

They've really ballsed it up by having the TV show finish before the books. Now there's either going to be two different endings, or the TV show will spoil the books.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 33 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Stannis' chances to win the Battle of Winterfell are really slim. The Boltons are safe behind the walls of Winterfell - Roose just sent the biggest conspirators (The Manderlys) out to fight Stannis and removed some useless mouths at the same time.

While Stannis' army is freezing/starving to death at a close by village.

There's this theory that the Manderlys will turn their cloaks the moment the Freys engage battle against Stannis and that Stannis' army will enter Winterfell wearing Frey clothes and Lightbringer as proof and smash the Bolton army from the inside.

----

You mean Quentyn right? Yeah that was a complete waste. Why does Doran send his awkward son to woo Daenery instead of Oberyn who is a known womanizer? Just shows Doran's stupidity really. Quentyn was not fit for this mission, I felt sorry for him tbh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Time to abandon all hope of TWOW being released before season 6. ADWD was released four months after GRRM finished writing it and now with the year ending and no sign of GRRM finishing the book, the book is not coming out before April.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm

scrooge pls go
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:06 pm

The show has a release date, idgaf about TWoW atm. If it comes out I'll get it but until then I'm unhyped.

Snowbowl on the other hand! Wyman Manderly! Euron! Blackfish! The Hound! R+L=Jm confirmation! So hyped for S6!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:08 pm

http://grrm.livejournal.com/462350.html#comments[1]

Commenter:

For better or worse your readers have wrapped themselves up in a westerosi blanket and are extremely invested in the outcome of ?your story. We buy all the books, toys, maps, calendars, and HBO subscriptions that you push out. It would be nice if you didn't treat "the question that shalt not be asked" with such disdain.

GRRM

It's not disdain, it's weariness.

I know that each individual who asks that question thinks it is just one question... but the questioning is endless. Every day. From many sources. Blog comments, livejournal messages, emails, sometimes snail mail, interviews. No matter how often I update (I used to, you know, several books back), someone else will be along the next day to ask for another one. It wears me out.

I may do a year's end post tomorrow though, so...

Ugh... I'm going to be checking this compulsively all day today and all I will get out of it is "Sorry, didn't make the S06 deadline like I hoped"

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Has someone made a summary of say 1.000 pages of the books to reread before the new one comes out?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
http://grrm.livejournal.com/462350.html#comments[1]

Commenter:

For better or worse your readers have wrapped themselves up in a westerosi blanket and are extremely invested in the outcome of ?your story. We buy all the books, toys, maps, calendars, and HBO subscriptions that you push out. It would be nice if you didn't treat "the question that shalt not be asked" with such disdain.

GRRM

It's not disdain, it's weariness.

I know that each individual who asks that question thinks it is just one question... but the questioning is endless. Every day. From many sources. Blog comments, livejournal messages, emails, sometimes snail mail, interviews. No matter how often I update (I used to, you know, several books back), someone else will be along the next day to ask for another one. It wears me out.

I may do a year's end post tomorrow though, so...

Ugh... I'm going to be checking this compulsively all day today and all I will get out of it is "Sorry, didn't make the S06 deadline like I hoped"

http://grrm.livejournal.com/462643.html

This man should be executed for this level of trolling rofl rofl rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Ugh...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:45 pm

mcsubbaiyen
Dec. 31st, 2015 11:42 pm (UTC)
Lost chapters
Have you ever lost any chapter from Winds? Screen it lol

grrm
Jan. 1st, 2016 01:55 am (UTC)
Re: Lost chapters
Never. And you know why? Because I write my fiction with WordStar 4.0 on a DOS machine. Stable as a rock, with none of the glitches of Windows-based systems.

Whats glitches lmao, i haven't lost a document in Microsoft Word since like 3rd grade or something. Even so, if by some chance the computer shuts off, or glitches, Word saves the work and retrieves the file the next boot up.

Him and Rothfuss are the absolute worst (Rothfuss more so)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:57 am

http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html

We can have our closure now. It's not coming any time soon and it is certainly not coming before season 6.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 am

So so hard to get angry at him

sigh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:29 pm

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 33 Nacho-anim-gif

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:43 pm

On the one hand, ugh. But nothing more than we expected at this point.

On the other, I really hope this means the editors will do a serious edit on it and not the rush job it would have been otherwise. ADWD suffered from almost non existent editing and this has really hurt the book.

It also sounds like he is only a few months away from the finish line.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Yeah, i get the feeling that it might come sooner than expected, maybe late 2016/early 2017 release
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:31 pm

https://i.imgur.com/dcNxXhB.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:49 pm

M99 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/dcNxXhB.jpg

rofl rofl rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 pm

ES wrote:Yeah, i get the feeling that it might come sooner than expected, maybe late 2016/early 2017 release
it sounsd like he is only 2 to 3 months away from finishing, if that many. I think it's definitely this year, probably in August or so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:20 am

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 33 B8a58b3e2a3772a559d043f867c5c418

It's true though, why can Ericsson craft 300/400k masterly written epic gritty grey fantasy books in a year and why can't GRRM just finish the series already?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:40 am

I can think of a few reasons

The cast is far more massive in ASOAIF and there's simply more to keep track of

GRRM himself is a much busier man, with a show to help run, conventions to attend, other projects to work on or that need his assistance, etc

GRRM himself is a slower writer
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can think of a few reasons

The cast is far more massive in ASOAIF and there's simply more to keep track of

GRRM himself is a much busier man, with a show to help run, conventions to attend, other projects to work on or that need his assistance, etc

GRRM himself is a slower writer

Holy hell man trust me it is not. Your next two points are valid reasons but the first is not.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:52 am

Wtf is this Laughing
Not everyone works the same, some people need time and some don't. How is that even possible hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:39 am

Holy shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:08 am

Ffs. That theory alone made me miss these books...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Just had this revelation

I think Arya will get a contract to kill Jon. The whole needle incident back in book 1 will makes so much sense when Arya stabs him with it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next