McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Lady stoneheart?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 32 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Could be, but Sandor Clegane is more likely.

McShane's character will have scenes with the outlaw band that has been cast. If this band are BwB members gone rogue, I'm jumping on the LSH hype train (although I don't like the character but what is hype may never die)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Well the first official poster is quite spoilerific though we all knew it was happening...

Don't understand why HBO did that. I think it's best we don't post it on the show thread.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:48 pm

ffs urban
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Oh sorry didn't see this Laughing

If HBO don't care about it I don't think we should either. Everyone will have seen it by tomorrow.

I'm so hyped! April FFS
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 pm

Meh. It's not really a spoiler. Even in the show it's just so obvious he's not gone for good.. though there's still no reason to do that.
I'm so not hyped hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 pm

More hyped for Book 6 now.

Nothing from GRRM in weeks. No tours no media appearance.

He is writing dat book for us lads

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:23 pm

If he anounces book 6 anytime soon my hypelevel will instantly blow up the scale.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 pm

A bit hard to get hyped for TWOW with no release date in sight.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:00 pm

GRRM on 1996: 'A Song of Ice and Fire should be finished by 1998,' said George R. R. Martin, 'but don't hold your breath'

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-should-be-finished-by-1998-said-george-r-r-martin-but-dont-hold-your-breath-10435341.html

(:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:29 am

Just finished AFFC. I really hate the Sparrow/High Septon storyline. They haven't replaced anyone who has died with anyone that is believable as the next power player. If Tywin or Joffrey were still alive, the Sparrows would have been crushed by now. Even Littlefinger would of got rid of them if he was still at Kings Landing.

I also feel there are far too many storylines. You read a chapter about Sansa, then there's like 5 or 6 other storyline chapters before going back to Sansa again. And by that stage, I need to flip back through the book to remember what happened last at the Vale! I thought by this stage, all the characters and storylines would merge together, not divide further apart.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:31 am

Up to the part where Aegon reveals himself to the Golden Company and they decide to sail to Westeros instead of going to Daenerys.

Why is he not in the tv show!! He's one of the best storylines!! There's still opportunity to introduce him in season 6? No?

Although I don't really understand how Tyrion realized that Griff and Young Griff were Jon Connington and Aegon Targaryen. Out of all the people in the world it could have been, and the effort Varys went to to hide their identity, Tyrion's like "I just solved your big mystery in one ship ride".
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:39 am

silver wrote: Out of all the people in the world it could have been

Who else could it have have been? Tyrion is highly intelligent and very sharp. It was obvious to him that Young Griff was being very well protected and being groomed for ruling. He put two and two together.

He was cut from the show probably to not overly complicate the plot or because they thought viewers won't care for Aegon at all. I don't see him ever coming to the show at this point. He was Varys and Illyrio's master plan in the books. On the show, it's Daenerys.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm

I thought the Aegon reveal was awesome aswell when I first read it but when you think about it longer you can see how the character damages not only Jon as the hidden Targaryen prince but also Daenerys (you'll know why by the end of ADWD).

I'm glad he and his crew got cut from the show.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Aegon reveal was one of the biggest shocks in the books.

Was really impressive of Tyrion to figure that out as well

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:16 am

Well I've already gone ahead and read some spoilers, and
Spoiler:
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:05 pm

silver wrote:I thought by this stage, all the characters and storylines would merge together, not divide further apart.

Welcome to the disillusionment of a short story writer thinking he can weave an epic fantasy tale.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 pm

silver wrote:Well I've already gone ahead and read some spoilers, and
Spoiler:

Him being a fake makes this even worse. So instead of speeding up Daenerys' story we get fAegon (not even Aegon Laughing) causing some distraction in King's Landing until Daenerys is FINALLY in Westeros and roasts his fake ass.

Besides there's not a single person in Westeros who could prove that he is NOT Aegon Targaryen AND have the reason to speak up.

It wouldn't surprise me if at some point Rhaegar Targaryen turns out to be alive, with all these fake deaths, resurrections and false identities.

Atleast Rhaegar is an interesting and intriguing character unlike his fake ass "son"
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Aegon isnt lasting half of TWOW. Would be kinda cool if Arya assassinates him. But prophecy pretty much said Daenerys will burn him alive.

GRRM can pull a swerve by making Jon reincarnate as Rhaegar lol. No one will see that coming.

Phritz wrote:
silver wrote:I thought by this stage, all the characters and storylines would merge together, not divide further apart.

Welcome to the disillusionment of a short story writer thinking he can weave an epic fantasy tale.

GOT is kinda in the middle atm. No one is sure dream of spring is even the last book. Possible there is one more after that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:44 pm

It's the 5 year gap and Meerenese knot which ruined things.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:05 am

I don't know, as far as distractions go, (f)Aegon is a pretty interesting storyline IMO. I just like how it ties in Varys, Illyrio, Golden Company, Dorne and all those historic Blackfyre rebellions into the present. Much better storyline than Sparrows (who would have already been crushed if Tywin/Joffrey were still alive), anything involving Bran (I know it will probably lead to something major, but so boring at the moment), anything involving Brienne, Sansa in the Vale doing nothing, Daenerys taking forever in Slavers Bay (seriously just get to Westeros already...). There's actually a lot of average storylines at the moment.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:28 pm

I don't disagree that there are worse storylines in AFFC/ADWD but for most of these characters you know that they are end game material in a way that you just can't for Aegon. He is doomed what ever he does.

Ultimately M99 is right in that the lack of a 5 year gap which is how it was meant to be screwed things up. Half of these storylines were supposed to be told in flashbacks after a 5 year gap between ASoS and  AFfC.

I would love it if GRRM surprises me and Aegon somehow becomes important in the end game but I really doubt it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm

George: "Will HBO and I have many books and seasons?" Maggy the Frog: "Oh, aye. Eight for them, and five for you. Gold shall be their bindings, and gold their hype," she said. "And when your other projects have drowned you, the fans shall wrap their hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:59 am

Finally finished reading ADWD

Don't know what to do with my life anymore...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Know that feel man Razz

You should read the Dunk & Egg short stories which take place some 70 years before AGoT.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:08 am

Well my biggest surprise (that I didn't already know) is that Theon and Jeyne are found by Asha who is a captive of Stannis Baratheon, and the battle at Winterfell between Stannis and the Bolton's hasn't happened yet.

Does this mean there's a chance that Stannis can win? Cause I really hate the Boltons.

I also can't believe that Trystane just died like that. What a waste of a character.

They've really ballsed it up by having the TV show finish before the books. Now there's either going to be two different endings, or the TV show will spoil the books.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next