El Gunner
Forza
dostoevsky
40 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Freeza wrote:Just cried watching a trailer for the first time. Me, Earl and the dying girl looks so freaking great. Winner of both big prices at sundance like whiplash did last year
El Gunner wrote:
Spoiler:

I also cried...Seeing him @ 2:12 got the better of me Proud

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 pm

I liked I Origins. I didn't think it was all that but it was a pretty good flick.

Blackhat was complete shit. I can't believe Michael Mann was involved with that shitfest.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 pm

New Oscar frontrunner hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:08 am

Freeza wrote:

He could take Brawk tbh.

___
Btw McAgger, 8.1 is still too high for Furious 7. Laughing
Some of the destruction at the end was Man of Steel level Laughing

The ending was lovely though Sad
Proud Paul Walker :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:17 am

Freeza wrote:

really ? scratch I honestly felt its a poor trailer. Movie could be good.

But if  The Young and Prodigious T S Spivet couldn't even get nominated in one single category then its worthless to entertain hopes for these kind of films I think. But then again the Academy Proud is constantly proving us wrong every year by stooping one step lower. So yea anything is possible.

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:Just cried watching a trailer for the first time. Me, Earl and the dying girl looks so freaking great. Winner of both big prices at sundance like whiplash did last year

hmm

This on the other hand is oozing class. Yea beautiful trailer. Hope the film will be as spellbinding as this. :wub: Thanks for sharing.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:27 am

elitedam wrote:I liked I Origins. I didn't think it was all that but it was a pretty good flick.

Have you watched Cahill's Another Earth ?? I am Yet to. I have it with me though.

I think Cahill along with Jonathan Glazer are the most hardcore visionary directors of this age. The real heirs of Kubrick. :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:29 am

Disrespecting the GOAT dog movie, with them wrestling moves ffs smh Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:49 am

Freeza wrote:Disrespecting the GOAT dog movie, with them wrestling moves ffs smh Sad

LOL, na nothing like that.  I am criminally under informed about it, the director, the story and everything associated with it. Views only based on this 2 minute trailer. So I could be massively wrong here with my opinion.

If you on the other hand are aware of all that and feel it could be legit, then fine. I will keep tabs on it as well. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 am

I'm being sarcastic hmm a 2 kg dog wrestling John Morrison is some LSD level stuff Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Watched Fast 7 yesterday. Good movie.

Spoiler:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
elitedam wrote:I liked I Origins. I didn't think it was all that but it was a pretty good flick.

Have you watched Cahill's Another Earth ?? I am Yet to. I have it with me though.

I think Cahill along with Jonathan Glazer are the most hardcore visionary directors of this age. The real heirs of Kubrick. :bow:

I really really liked Another Earth, Britt Marling is so great. To think that was her 3rd role, she is one to watch in the upcoming years imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Freeza wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

I really really liked Another Earth, Britt Marling is so great. To think that was her 3rd role, she is one to watch in the upcoming years imo.

Liked it as well. Can't remember much of it any more though. Will have to rewatch sometime.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:51 pm

I wasn't really a fan of Another Earth. I thought it was one of her weaker movies. But I can appreciate anyone trying different things.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:19 pm

MCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

THE DARK TOWER MOVIE AND TV SERIES RESURRECTED BY SONY AND MRC

The long-gestating combination big and small screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga has found new life thanks to Sony Pictures Entertainment and MRC. (MRC first became linked with the project back in summer 2012.)

Deadline reports that Sony and MRC have teamed to co-finance the hugely ambitious feature film and TV adaptation of King's fantasy magnum opus.

"The new script is primarily based on the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, and the relationship between Roland and Jake," according to Deadline. "The latest draft of the script is co-written by Akiva Goldsman [A Beautiful Mind, Batman & Robin, The Da Vinci Code] and Jeff Pinkner [The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Fringe and Lost]. It was totally reconceived by Goldsman and Pinkner from the version that had been previously developed and which took root first at Universal and later at Warner Bros. Goldsman is producing through his Weed Road with Imagine Entertainment’s Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Erica Huggins."

Deadline adds that "Sony and MRC will go right out after filmmakers with this script, and put this on the fast track that hard-core fans of King’s book have long desired. Numerous stars including Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe have eyed the role of the gunslinger [of Roland Deschain], but that role won’t be filled until after the director is set."

“I’m excited that The Dark Tower is finally going to appear on the screen,” King said in a statement. “Those who have traveled with Roland and his friends in their search for the Dark Tower are going to have their long-held hopes fully realized. This is a brilliant and creative approach to my books.”

Added Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group chairman Tom Rothman: “There are few projects out there that compare with the scope, vision, complex characters and fully drawn world that Stephen King has created with The Dark Tower. I am a giant fan. And, as Stephen himself does, we love the direction that Akiva and Jeff have taken. This is a great opportunity for a director to put his or her stamp on a cool global franchise.”

Why The Dark Tower Matters

Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul revealed last year that he'd "just had a general sit down with Ron Howard" about playing Eddie Dean in the project.

"They're definitely planning on making it," Paul said at the time. "Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character."

Time will tell is Paul will indeed end up playing Eddie Dean in the new Sony-MRC incarnation of the project.

Link

---------------------------

Hopefully it is more than 3 movies, but ffs it is happening :bow: Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:03 am

There were heavy rumors that Matthew McConaughey will be Randall Flagg hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:41 am

The real question is: will Stephen King be played by Stephen King? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 am

25th Hour Spike Lee's best joint smoking
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:MCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

THE DARK TOWER MOVIE AND TV SERIES RESURRECTED BY SONY AND MRC

The long-gestating combination big and small screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga has found new life thanks to Sony Pictures Entertainment and MRC. (MRC first became linked with the project back in summer 2012.)

Deadline reports that Sony and MRC have teamed to co-finance the hugely ambitious feature film and TV adaptation of King's fantasy magnum opus.

"The new script is primarily based on the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, and the relationship between Roland and Jake," according to Deadline. "The latest draft of the script is co-written by Akiva Goldsman [A Beautiful Mind, Batman & Robin, The Da Vinci Code] and Jeff Pinkner [The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Fringe and Lost]. It was totally reconceived by Goldsman and Pinkner from the version that had been previously developed and which took root first at Universal and later at Warner Bros. Goldsman is producing through his Weed Road with Imagine Entertainment’s Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Erica Huggins."

Deadline adds that "Sony and MRC will go right out after filmmakers with this script, and put this on the fast track that hard-core fans of King’s book have long desired. Numerous stars including Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe have eyed the role of the gunslinger [of Roland Deschain], but that role won’t be filled until after the director is set."

“I’m excited that The Dark Tower is finally going to appear on the screen,” King said in a statement. “Those who have traveled with Roland and his friends in their search for the Dark Tower are going to have their long-held hopes fully realized. This is a brilliant and creative approach to my books.”

Added Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group chairman Tom Rothman: “There are few projects out there that compare with the scope, vision, complex characters and fully drawn world that Stephen King has created with The Dark Tower. I am a giant fan. And, as Stephen himself does, we love the direction that Akiva and Jeff have taken. This is a great opportunity for a director to put his or her stamp on a cool global franchise.”

Why The Dark Tower Matters

Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul revealed last year that he'd "just had a general sit down with Ron Howard" about playing Eddie Dean in the project.

"They're definitely planning on making it," Paul said at the time. "Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character."

Time will tell is Paul will indeed end up playing Eddie Dean in the new Sony-MRC incarnation of the project.

Link

---------------------------

Hopefully it is more than 3 movies, but ffs it is happening :bow: Proud

Proud

I all I ask is that they do it right and do the series justice. King's on board and is excited and they already has been excited.

I have full confidence in the writing....just need to get that cast right. Aaron Paul can jog on with his comments....go read the book, bruh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Man Furious 7 ending was something. Got me emotional. RIP Paul Walker.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:22 am

^^That ending was so beautifully done.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 am

Warcraft trailer linked to Jurassic World, which means it'll be out in sometime in June. Can't wait for that. 3rd most anticapet film of all time for me Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:00 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Holy shit :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 pm

They're certainly doing a great job of building up hype and interest for Jurassic World and so far it looks as though it will be a well crafted and successful film. HOWEVER, I have to say that the recent trailers have left me a bit wary, if only for my own personal taste with regards to the film. While Jurassic World will, I think, absolutely succeed as financially and critically, I suspect it may fail in carrying on/reviving the spirit of the first movie as I was rather hoping for. Part of the lasting success and impact of Jurassic Park is the depiction of the dinosaurs as a part and force of nature. The Tyrannosaurs isn't a typical scheming villain; it's a primal, visceral force of nature. Instinct drives it in its implacable course, creating an antagonistic force that is pure and, for that, more lasting and impressive. The Velociraptors were all the more frightening because of their uniqueness and the surprising nature of their actions. They were, at least somewhat, believable as a primordial and natural existence and threat. Even their intelligence, such as it is, takes the more primal form of that of pack hunters with only twinges of something akin to humanity's.

I fear that in their continued effort to raise the stakes, the creators of Jurassic World have lost this particular aspect of the original film and that JW will be somewhat the lesser for it (if only in my experience). In attempting to make the dinosaurs more threatening and perhaps engaging, I fear they've overcomplicated things and missed a key part of the original film's atmosphere. Perhaps by trying to give the dinosaurs (particularly the Indominus Rex and Raptors) MORE character they've actually achieved the opposite by inadvertently removing the most compelling part of their presence. As such, while I'm quite confident that Jurassic World will be a better movie than The Lost World or JPIII, I don't think it will ultimately be any more successful in capturing that unique, lasting spirit of the original film.

tl;dr
Jurassic World will probably be a very successful, quite well made movie. However, it may not (for me personally, at least) succeed in being the true heir to Jurassic Park due to the way they handle the main predator/antagonist dinosaurs.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:39 pm

So far think that's my cinema schedule for the rest of the year. Could be some that I forgot but definitely going to see these.

May - Age of Ultron, Mad Max, Tomorrowland
June - Jurassic World
July - Ant-Man, Southpaw, MI5 Rogue Nation
August - Fantastic Four
November - Spectre, Mockingjay II, The Martian
December - The Revenant, In the Heart of the Sea
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down