BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 35 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Wed 10 Jun 2015, 00:38

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'd say this has been the first season where book readers have been more outraged than unsullied watchers. Book readers have overreacted to every single change in such a fashion that you would think the world ended every two weeks. Unsullied watchers have looked at things like Shireen burning or Sansa getting raped and gone "That's f***ed, but it fits the characters, Stannis is a zealot and Ramsay Bolton is a psycopath".

My advice would be that if your prime concern starts off as ""But in the book..." then you need to take a step back and assess the show as the show and the books as the books, because otherwise you're not going to enjoy either.

GoT fans are ridiculously spoiled. They get to watch 70+ hours of a visual adaptation mostly true to the source with a huge budget and support from HBO. If you're a fan of both I'd count your blessings that you can enjoy it rather than let some differences ruin it for you.

+10000

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 35 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 10 Jun 2015, 00:45

The baddest mofo is coming next season so no worries on that front.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 10 Jun 2015, 00:50

urbaNRoots wrote:The baddest mofo is coming next season so no worries on that front.

Bran return confirmed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 10 Jun 2015, 00:56

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:The baddest mofo is coming next season so no worries on that front.

Hodor return confirmed.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 10 Jun 2015, 00:56

El Shaarawy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'd say this has been the first season where book readers have been more outraged than unsullied watchers. Book readers have overreacted to every single change in such a fashion that you would think the world ended every two weeks. Unsullied watchers have looked at things like Shireen burning or Sansa getting raped and gone "That's f***ed, but it fits the characters, Stannis is a zealot and Ramsay Bolton is a psycopath".

My advice would be that if your prime concern starts off as ""But in the book..." then you need to take a step back and assess the show as the show and the books as the books, because otherwise you're not going to enjoy either.

GoT fans are ridiculously spoiled. They get to watch 70+ hours of a visual adaptation mostly true to the source with a huge budget and support from HBO. If you're a fan of both I'd count your blessings that you can enjoy it rather than let some differences ruin it for you.

+10000
Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 10 Jun 2015, 02:11

Personally don't have any problems with changing stuff in general (though I sometimes wonder why if something is good already.. not just in got) as long as the new stuff is still good. Not even "good compared to the original source" but just good on its own. I did like Arya and Tywin for example.I'm not sure if I prefer it over what happened to Arya in the books, probably not. But I don't care because it was good.
Dorne I didn't like. Not because in the books stuff is very different but because it just wasn't good. Everyone loved Hardhome and that wasn't in the books.
And 20 good men are awesome tbf.

However I do understand people who get upset if they think the show isn't true to the source anymore as it's still an adaptation. I know you said it mostly is true to it but imo one could well argue against that.

I think some people are just way too serious about it all :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 02:44

So rewatched the episode and I focused on a few other stuff that might have slipped under the radar.

First thing I picked up is this guy:
GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 35 E09_th10
Who the f is he?
They closed up on him just before Davos entered the tent to go and say goodbye to Shireen. The camera moved on to him like he was important, but I don't maybe not, maybe he is just some scrub? hmm

Secondly, I am a little bit here with Freeze (about how he has really liked the season so far) but I also get the folks who say that they have been disappointed so far, especially those who give the momentum of some arcs criticism.
Arya's arc has been way too slow!
Is this the third episode in which she has been selling her oysters, clams and cockels? I don't know it feels like it.
btw lol at that pervert asking her he would like to know how much her clam costs Laughing
And I also think Jaqen knows she is lying. You could see on his face. Really really hope something big happens with that story next episode.
Furthermore, all that Dorne fiasco seems like it is going to be filler and useless unless something important happens next episode. And who else shook their head when they saw those two sand snakes play that clap game (don't know what you call it in english) it was sooooooooo cringe, like wtf? They act like 6 year old girls, but then they're also supposed to be these badass fighter rofl
Another case of terrible writing this season (if probably not the worst of them all)
Also I think Ellaria is going to scheme something again. She didn't seem too honest when she had that conversation with Jaime.

On to the next episode, obviously main focus on it will be on KL and Cersei.
So what else features? I don't think we're going to see any of Dany.
Like I said I expect something from Braavos.
And will the showdown between the Boltons and Stannis finally happen? I mean it has to, can't put it off for another whole year.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 03:18

I really hope we don't get to hear "oysters, clams and cockels" again. Nearly muted that bit after 20th time

I am quite sure Jaqen is testing her by giving this job. Not sure if he knew meryn trant would be there but it's Arya's biggest test to prove she is no one and not Arya.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 10 Jun 2015, 06:39

Arya's voice passes all the annoying tests when she says 'Oysters, clams, and cockles'. It bothered me the second I heard it 2 episode ago. Why can't she just use a normal voice ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 10 Jun 2015, 06:49

RealGunner wrote:One question to the pro-burning crew

Is there an actual evidence that king's blood achieve anything? Why did a man so rationale as Stannis carried out an action based on some religious fanatic just for the sake of winterfell? When he truly knows that he is ending his bloodline and there will not be any heir after him even if he manages to take the iron throne?

Well he offed his own brother with some dark magic quickscoping shenanigans, so i'm inclined to believe at this point he's dead certain these strange rituals are 100% legit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:16

Stannis had a lot of show only people who supported him who all ditched him after last episode, Firenze being an example. Burning your own daughter is a line that could not be crossed. The writing leading up to such a pivotal moment was subpar. All we had was Stannis showing he deeply loved Shireen (a lot of people warmed to him after that), saying no first (the guy who never changes his decision according to the show writers themselves) and then twenty good men wrecking the best commander of Westeros.

As for Sansa, everyone knows Ramsay is a psychopath but her character arc doing a complete 180 was bad. How would it be if Jon hopelessly fell in love with a wildling again? Or how would it be if Jaime reverted back to an asshole just like Sansa is a victim again? Her character arc sacrificed for the sake of shock value. D&D knows what made GOT so popular. They want more and more reactions like the Red Wedding fallout or Oberyn dying to raise the popularity of the show. ZOMG I HATE STANNIS SO MUCH RAMSEY BOLTON DIE posts on Facebook and Twitter is what's happening and for that to happen the excellent writing which was a staple for four seasons has been sacrificed in some cases.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:24

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
RealGunner wrote:One question to the pro-burning crew

Is there an actual evidence that king's blood achieve anything? Why did a man so rationale as Stannis carried out an action based on some religious fanatic just for the sake of winterfell? When he truly knows that he is ending his bloodline and there will not be any heir after him even if he manages to take the iron throne?

Well he offed his own brother with some dark magic quickscoping shenanigans, so i'm inclined to believe at this point he's dead certain these strange rituals are 100% legit.

I thought the first part didn't really need an explanation with what Tom just said. His 100% invested in this God cause his seen his magic before.

Can stannis not have another kid?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:43

Very difficult with Selyse. Remeber her stillborn children in jars? And she's only getting older.
Then again Stannis already burned his daughter. Can burn his wife and take another one imo.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:52

El Gunner wrote:

On to the next episode, obviously main focus on it will be on KL and Cersei.
So what else features? I don't think we're going to see any of Dany.
Like I said I expect something from Braavos.
And will the showdown between the Boltons and Stannis finally happen? I mean it has to, can't put it off for another whole year.

For that Davos has to come back with men from the NW. Stannis's forces are pretty much depleted right now.
And I dont think they will cut those scenes (davos reaching the wall, Jon agreeing to send troops ) like they did with the 20 good men and Ramsay scenes. That will once again be rushing things and poor writing.
Moreover for the Winterfell battle we need more players (whom people can root for) now. People wont care if  2 shiteheads fight each other and die. So its better they delay it to next season.
Brienne, Theon and Sansa if they also become someway part of that battle then it could be very exciting. bounce

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 10 Jun 2015, 16:40

The actor who plays Davos confirmed that he will appear in E10, Dorne aswell was confirmed.

All the storylines will be in the finale, 62 minutes apparently.

Super excited bounce
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 10 Jun 2015, 17:05

Even if Dorne had a Hardhome-like 20 minute sequence of pure awesome, it wouldn't save the Dornish arc and what a gigantic flop it has been
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 18:23

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Even if Dorne had a Hardhome-like 20 minute sequence of pure awesome, it wouldn't save the Dornish arc and what a gigantic flop it has been

pls all we need is something shocking to happen Rolling Eyes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 10 Jun 2015, 19:36

This is one of my favourite scenes in the show. And coincidentally also answers most of the questions we've had regarding king's blood, Stannis apparent desire for kingship, whether Stannis believes in the Lord of Light and why he considers burning an innocent person for the greater good. Also a bit of foreshadowing with the great battle in the snow and Shireen's death.

Really fantastic scene.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 10 Jun 2015, 20:10

Let's face it. The season is a joke. Burning a nice little girl alive isn't enough to save it imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed 10 Jun 2015, 20:13

pretty rustled by the writers of the shows insistence to have a heroic strong heroine for the feminist audience tbh

Brienne

fully expecting her to kill one of stannis/roose/ramsay in the finale
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 10 Jun 2015, 21:02

Most of this season to me has just felt like a season 4.5.

And if Brienne plays any more crucial parts that don't involve her getting killed i'm gonna rage

Brb kill 4000 GOATs but keep this *bleep* boring pleb going strong forever.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 21:25

Brienne killing the Hound Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 10 Jun 2015, 21:29

Need Ramsay to flay her alive on screen in my humble opinion.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 10 Jun 2015, 21:30

I just find it funny that she manages to find Arya and Sansa in the space of 2 hours.

She will run into Rickon next and then somehow be waiting for Bran with the tree king guy 3 hours later.

Obviously after joining the night's watch
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 10 Jun 2015, 22:12

RG Laughing Honestly Brienne needs to be killed off. She offers nothing that some other character couldn't offer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 22:21

Am I the only one here who likes Brienne pale
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next