BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Also the idea to kill Shireen was GRRM's idea hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Shhh don't tell the book readers that
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:08 pm

No one was outraged bc of her getting burned Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:11 pm

zigra wrote:No one was outraged bc of her getting burned Laughing

You haven't been on the internet lately or what? There's been a huge outrage because of it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Freeza wrote:Also the idea to kill Shireen was GRRM's idea hmm

Not by Stannis

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Not by Stannis

Technically he didn't hmm

Also what is your source for that? Because the writers say "When George first told us about this" in relation to the scene hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Not by Stannis

Also what is your source for that? Because the writers say "When George first told us about this" in relation to the scene hmm

( Around 1:33 obviously don't read the comments)

Exact quote is "George told [us] about this." in relation to the burning and not stannis gives the order. Not "George told us to burn Shireen on Stannis' orders as he watches. It's widely theorised that Shireen will die at some point in TWOW. But It's physically impossible for Stannis to do it. Not now, not in the future for many reasons I can't state. This is Stannis' character in the books. I know you say that it's an adaptation, but even in terms of adaptation it does NOT match stannis' character. Few excerpts of how he is like

A sacrifice will prove our faith still burns true, Sire,” Clayton Suggs had told the king. And Godry the Giantslayer said, “The old gods of the north have sent this storm upon us. Only R’hllor can end it. We must give him an unbeliever.”

“Half my army is made up of unbelievers,” Stannis had replied. “I will have no burnings. Pray harder.

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."
The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead —"
"— you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Freeza wrote:
zigra wrote:No one was outraged bc of her getting burned Laughing

You haven't been on the internet lately or what? There's been a huge outrage because of it.

It's only about Stannis doing it. Most people were already expecting her to get burned before the episode.

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Not by Stannis

I'm not sure if this is considered a spoiler as they changed it and Shireen was already burned but I put it in tags anyway.
Spoiler:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Not by Stannis

What? The way I read it, George suggested it for the show. It might not happen in the books this way, or at all, but they are not the same thing. In sure even in the books of he had kings blood available he would be tempted.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Comments on how he is from the books. Also no mention of who came up with the idea at all in that interview, which I also got my quote from. So blaming them for the idea doesn't really have any basis.

Those quotes are great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that Stannis doesn't seem like the same character that he's in the books, and never has from all the hype you've spread on him since season 1, when no one could see what the hell you were talking about.

Everyone I know, who hasn't read the books, though it was true to his character. It's just hard to seperate sometimes. Also would GRRM actually accept this, if he didn't think it was true to Stannis as he was portrayed, I'd think they'd value his input? hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Tbf after giving it a thought, his actions does match his character from the show. Yea agreed about the hype thing. I didn't think they will treat his character like this (rightly or wrongly). They never actually worked on him as much as they work on Daenerys or someone else.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:Tbf after giving it a thought, his actions does match his character from the show. Yea agreed about the hype thing. I didn't think they will treat his character like this (rightly or wrongly). They never actually worked on him as much as they work on Daenerys or someone else.

I would probably have loved to see the Stannis from the books in the show. But there's just so many characters to pick and choose from, and it's hard to give them all real character development.

Jon Snow, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Cersei are basically main characters as of now. Also Littlefinger basically being the entire facilitator of everything that's happening.

Can't wait for last episode though. Really feel like it's going to be great. Something has to happen with Cersei, can't wait a year for her arc.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Yea can't wait for the finale. Really hyped.

Seeing how KL barely featured, it should heavy Cersei. Also want to see Daenerys' skills as a pilot hmm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEC90xWcAAO0W3.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea can't wait for the finale. Really hyped.

Seeing how KL barely featured, it should heavy Cersei. Also want to see Daenerys' skills as a pilot hmm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEC90xWcAAO0W3.jpg

LMAO rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Need Dany to give Mereen the middle finger and get to Westeros. After 5 years seasons on the east coast Essos, it's time to go home CJ Daenerys.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Also I was imagining Oberyn's brother to be some GOAT fighter before the season. Imagine that Vagi when he's besically a middle eastern Bran Stark without superpowers.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:02 pm

I remember people saying we'll get new characters that we'll like now that Oberyn & Tywin is gone......
High Sparrow rofl

Doran the *bleep* crippling rofl

Sand cringes rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:02 pm

hmm , here's something i read on reddit . I have spoilered something in there , but whatever , even these are semi-spoiler(ish) stuff . First is something from the promo for ep 10 , and even then it's not clear. 2nd is something related to the books , but it's not something legit really. Even if you read it , you wouldn't know what it means , or what it is . In any case , the spoiler is just speculation from the OP and nothing else. But in any case , if you don't read the books then don't read that line , it really isn't important about the matter , on why Stannis did what he did and if it's in line with the character. OP simply speculates something there that may or may not add to it all .

Stannis is still The Mannis. Everyone is all up in arms about how Stannis is a heartless bastard and that it was completely out of character and how they want to get off the Mannistrain. If this makes you get off the Mannistrain then you must not have went on it for reasons relating to The Mannis character, and only for "lol GET HYPE!".
I feel that Stannis' decision in this episode was completely in line with his character, and that he did the right decision. First let's take a look at what we have:
*Stannis' camp ravaged by the good men
*Not enough men and supplies to secure the battle against the Boltons
*Not enough supplies to return to Castle Black, and anyway retreating is not an option for Stannis
*Death is imminent for them all unless something special happens
*Blood magic has been shown multiple times to be real and working
*Kingsblood is the strongest blood, and is readily available in Shireen
We know Stannis puts his duty to the realm before everything else. He needs to defeat the Boltons and continue on to finally sit the Iron Throne. He is the one person in pursue of the throne that cares about the White Walker threat and actually wants to help the Night's Watch.
If he'd have continued on to Winterfell he'd surely lose the battle, which would result in Shireen dying. If he'd have turned back to Castle Black, chances are they would all starve and freeze to death, which also results in Shireen dying.
By sacrificing Shireen he gets an advantage in the upcoming battle,
Spoiler:

We also know that Stannis thinks about the bigger picture and the greater good, as this quote from ASOS that's been posted a bunch now shows:

Stannis wrote:I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty … If I must sacrifice one child to the flames to save a million from the dark … Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.

(my note , this was also in the show , i think it was s3)

If sacrificing Shireen will help him to save the kingdom, when the option is to get slaughtered by Bolton-*bleep*-shits, it's nothing weird with Stannis doing this. He knows his duty is towards the kingdom, even if that conflicts with his own feelings. It's completely in line with his character I think. He does what is needed of him, what the kingdom needs of him, even if it's extremely hard and painful. And that is why he is still our Mannis.

obviously a bit biased coming from a Mannis fan Laughing , but i do think he makes a good case afterall . Thoughts?

also lol on Stannis' camp being ravaged by the good men

On a final note , Stannis' final words with Shireen , about what happens when a road/path leaves a man with no choice (paraphrasing) , might actually be because of what OP says there , that either way , keep going on or going back , Shireen would die anyway . Do you think Stannis actually realised this ? I kinda do , tbh .

Also , seeing GRRM seemed to be ok with it . I must say , it makes the case that this indeed kept in line with the character much more convincing than otherwise. We must understand this , the storylines have been altered from the books , so a character sometimes might have to draw some lines a bit different in each medium , but still be the same character anyway .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:05 pm

Freeza wrote:Also I was imagining Oberyn's brother to be some GOAT fighter before the season. Imagine that Vagi when he's besically a middle eastern Bran Stark without superpowers.

How dare you

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Tumblr_nplyciHbMW1s95j2so1_500

The most reasonable grown up in that planet.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Freeza wrote:Also I was imagining Oberyn's brother to be some GOAT fighter before the season. Imagine that Vagi when he's besically a middle eastern Bran Stark without superpowers.

How dare you

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Tumblr_nplyciHbMW1s95j2so1_500

The most reasonable grown up in that planet.

He's an amazing character, but he seems crippled by the fact he can't walk (wat is that line). So he has to stay there and can't show his greatness amongst other great characters.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:26 pm

I'd say this has been the first season where book readers have been more outraged than unsullied watchers. Book readers have overreacted to every single change in such a fashion that you would think the world ended every two weeks. Unsullied watchers have looked at things like Shireen burning or Sansa getting raped and gone "That's f***ed, but it fits the characters, Stannis is a zealot and Ramsay Bolton is a psycopath".

My advice would be that if your prime concern starts off as ""But in the book..." then you need to take a step back and assess the show as the show and the books as the books, because otherwise you're not going to enjoy either.

GoT fans are ridiculously spoiled. They get to watch 70+ hours of a visual adaptation mostly true to the source with a huge budget and support from HBO. If you're a fan of both I'd count your blessings that you can enjoy it rather than let some differences ruin it for you.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Meh really don't like Dorne at all. Bronn and Jaimie were the best part of it. Doran is an interesting character but the people around him brings everything down. His bodyguard seems to be pissed off at everyone for no reason. Trystane looks like a mexican drug dealer while Myrcella is the juliet of Romeo n Juliet.

That prison scene with the cringe snakes...

LeVersacci wrote:I remember people saying we'll get new characters that we'll like now that Oberyn & Tywin is gone......

Lol they cut him off.

High sparrow is good imo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 pm

cut who off?

& No that priest scrub is pathetic & is taking precious screen time.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Those characters people were saying that many will like this season. They had no idea that show will cut them off due to time constraints etc. (or might come next year).

High priest wasn't build up properly but he is important to the king's landing arc as it has been showed so far. They have to give him time. That scene when he arrest Cersei was great 2 eps back imo.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'd say this has been the first season where book readers have been more outraged than unsullied watchers. Book readers have overreacted to every single change in such a fashion that you would think the world ended every two weeks. Unsullied watchers have looked at things like Shireen burning or Sansa getting raped and gone "That's f***ed, but it fits the characters, Stannis is a zealot and Ramsay Bolton is a psycopath".

My advice would be that if your prime concern starts off as ""But in the book..." then you need to take a step back and assess the show as the show and the books as the books, because otherwise you're not going to enjoy either.

GoT fans are ridiculously spoiled. They get to watch 70+ hours of a visual adaptation mostly true to the source with a huge budget and support from HBO. If you're a fan of both I'd count your blessings that you can enjoy it rather than let some differences ruin it for you.

+10000
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next