Nishankly
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Helmer
Sri
Art Morte
68 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 24 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Nishy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sadly, Mr Bond hasn't understood it like that, that I'm actually on his side Sad

main man Hans, I knew you were on our side for the long run the moment you questioned my post of buying young lad Trippier Proud

my post was just stupid word play on the name, really, glad noone noticed tbh.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 24 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by futbol Mon May 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Sounds like a genital disease.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

BBC scored 63 goals in the league, 97 in all competitions.
All competitions, you know, like the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Took me a few moments to figure out wtf BBC was supposed to be. Holy crap, I need help.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

BBC scored 63 goals in the league, 97 in all competitions.
All competitions, you know, like the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Brah i was just making small talk with my man Sri.
Not part of the original discussion.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:10 pm

srigooner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
srigooner wrote:Besides, if anything, being less reliant on individuals makes it a more reliable strikeforce hmm

If it said 'best striker pair' or something, I would feel more inclined to concede hmm

Liverpool were too reliant on two individuals, by Nishy's logic, which explains why they are struggling this season.
and without all the goas from sanchez and g-rod this season you would be where right now. Wink

True, but we are also the team in the league with the largest number of goalscorers :coffee:
you dodge more points than wenger. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm

MR BOND wrote:
srigooner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
and without all the goas from sanchez and g-rod this season you would be where right now. Wink

True, but we are also the team in the league with the largest number of goalscorers :coffee:
you dodge more points than wenger. eco smile

Been supporting the club for way too long. In this age of plastics ............ Proud Proud Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:20 pm

with all that's gone on at man u and Liverpool since last season people have to see that theres more to the race for 4th place than 2 bad results from Liverpool. Liverpool lost the 2 most prolific strikers in Europe. had lots of new players trying to bed in and some bad injurys. man u had a new manager and spent crazy money on new players. so there is more to it than saying had we beat hull and west brom we would have got 4th. anyone that has half a clue about football would know that. imo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Blue wrote:For example players like Pogba would fit that category.

My main point was can you see players like Pogba, Veratti, Koke, Reus, Bale, etc jumping ship to United, City, and Arsenal easily? They might sign Bale for example because Real and Barca are out of the market for him. By throwing 100m at Real Madrid, you take every club off the market no body is stupid enough to spent that much on him. Flo Perez is thinking United are god sent for him.

Look i don't think the rest of the league can attract players like we can.

United are not the new rick kid in town, they don't even have that pull. Look at United with their dealing of Wayne Rooney, can he hold club like Chelsea, Real, and Barca hostage like that? For me actions like that really defines you as a club. It showed me incredible amount of insecurity and their inferior status. An elite club would not allow that to happen.

For example if Eden Hazard wanted to leave Chelsea, he would not be forced to stay like how the best players at Arsenal, City, United, and Liverpool have done. Really there wouldn't be that much fuss. Chelsea have a abundance mentality, even with his sale we would continue to move forward to be the best club we can be.

One league title suddenly doesnt put you in an exclusive list.Premier League unlike other leagues have more number of teams that can pose a strong(sustained) challenge as far as the league is concerned just by virtue of the resources being available to them.There simply isnt a big gap like Juve have with the rest of the Serie A or Bayern with BL or Real/Barca with La Liga and so on.Considering this aspect,the other top teams hold a similar level of pull.For example,if Arsenal spend 100m again,they'll be up there with you.
Ultimately, players want to compete for trophies as well as being paid.The likes of United and City are well capable of that especially the former.Chelsea are no different and success isnt guaranteed.

Last edited by S on Mon May 04, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:42 pm

MR BOND wrote:with all that's gone on at man u and Liverpool since last season people have to see that theres more to the race for 4th place than 2 bad results from Liverpool. Liverpool lost the 2 most prolific strikers in Europe. had lots of new players trying to bed in and some bad injurys. man u had a new manager and spent crazy money on new players. so there is more to it than saying had we beat hull and west brom we would have got 4th. anyone that has half a clue about football would know that. imo

All said and done, would you agree Liverpool would be in top 4 if they had won those two games, especially after that winning streak in Jan-March and the way you managed the death run?

I agree on all the factors you point out, but they are from the first half of the season. You evidently recovered from it to manage the death run and go on that winning two month period.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 pm

srigooner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:with all that's gone on at man u and Liverpool since last season people have to see that theres more to the race for 4th place than 2 bad results from Liverpool. Liverpool lost the 2 most prolific strikers in Europe. had lots of new players trying to bed in and some bad injurys. man u had a new manager and spent crazy money on new players. so there is more to it than saying had we beat hull and west brom we would have got 4th. anyone that has half a clue about football would know that. imo

All said and done, would you agree Liverpool would be in top 4 if they had won those two games, especially after that winning streak in Jan-March and the way you managed the death run?

I agree on all the factors you point out, but they are from the first half of the season. You evidently recovered from it to manage the death run and go on that winning two month period, only then to disgracefully bottle it against Hull and West Brom.

Exactly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Hans you sob Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

srigooner wrote:

I agree on all the factors you point out, but they are from the first half of the season. You evidently recovered from it to manage the death run and go on that winning two month period.

why don't we say if Liverpool had won them games and 6 more we would be champions.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 3:48 pm

if those 6 more games would've come against Hull and West Brom too, I'd say Liverpool disgrac......

Smile
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

sorry lads but you are wrong. any dropped points no matter when or where go towards where you finish in the lge. had we beat Chelsea arsenal and man u then dropping points v hull and west brom wouldent have mattered. its all what if.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

MR BOND wrote:
srigooner wrote:

why don't we say if Liverpool had won them games and 6 more we would be champions.

Could well have been the case, but that wasn't my question. That argument can be applied to Arsenal, City or United as well.

The point is not about winning the league. The point is, 2 games against scrub teams could have seen you put United out of the top four.

And as an Arsenal fan, trust me, I know how big that difference between top four and winning the league is. We have had 10 years of fourth place trophies ffs Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:if those 6 more games would've come against Hull and West Brom too, I'd say Liverpool disgrac......

Smile
all ifs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 3:53 pm

srigooner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Could well have been the case, but that wasn't my question. That argument can be applied to Arsenal, City or United as well.

The point is not about winning the league. The point is, 2 games against scrub teams could have seen you put United out of the top four.

And as an Arsenal fan, trust me, I know how big that difference between top four and winning the league is. We have had 10 years of fourth place trophies ffs Proud
your wrong mate. sorry but you are. the same as the crap last season about gerrard slipping cost us the title. :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:56 pm

MR BOND wrote:sorry lads but you are wrong. any dropped points no matter when or where go towards where you finish in the lge. had we beat Chelsea arsenal and man u then dropping points v hull and west brom wouldent have mattered. its all what if.

Again, I agree that each point matters. But points are dropped in different circumstances. The circumstances under which Liverpool or Arsenal dropped points in the first half of the season were understandable, if not excusable.

The points dropped in those two matches by Liverpool, I can not understand. I watched many of your games this season. And the issues are the same as the early part of the season - i.e., they were addressed for a period of two months when Liverpool won everything thrown their way, and then lost their way again.

I admit that I have not seen ALL games to come to a sharper explanation of what circumstances led you to drop points in those two games. Maybe with that explanation, said non-Liverpool fans would feel less let down about you finishing outside the top 4 hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 3:59 pm

MR BOND wrote:your wrong mate. sorry but you are. the same as the crap last season about gerrard slipping cost us the title. :facepalm:

Hey. If that's your end game argument, then we just have to agree to disagree. I don't see a point engaging in a debate on this further. Sad

FYI - I have never once commented on the Gerrard slip. It is far out of context to implicate me on that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 4:28 pm

srigooner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:your wrong mate. sorry but you are. the same as the crap last season about gerrard slipping cost us the title. :facepalm:

Hey. If that's your end game argument, then we just have to agree to disagree. I don't see a point engaging in a debate on this further. Sad

FYI - I have never once commented on the Gerrard slip. It is far out of context to implicate me on that.
im not saying it was you that said it. but lots of fans have said that. its the same type of thing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 4:39 pm

tbf Gerrard's slip did cost you the title, at least it was a hugely influential event.

In his own words, the very week before, he told his teammates "we will not let this slip".

With 'this', he meant title, with 'slip' he meant 'slip' hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:tbf Gerrard's slip did cost you the title, at least it was a hugely influential event.

In his own words, the very week before, he told his teammates "we will not let this slip".

please tell me your just trying to wum. if not your starting to look and sound a bit stupid. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 4:51 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:tbf Gerrard's slip did cost you the title, at least it was a hugely influential event.

please tell me your just trying to wum. if not your starting to look and sound a bit stupid. Laughing

the way I look right now is only indirectly my fault tbf
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

the way I look right now is only indirectly my fault tbf
I don't think so.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm

It's like people enjoy ignoring that if United had beaten the scrub teams they've lost to it wouldn't matter who Liverpool lost to, or City, or whoever. There's no point in focusing on results in that way.

The thing is that it's still possible for Liverpool to get top 4 if they win 2 of their last 3 (which should be doable). With the form United are in they could easily drop points in all three of their last games...neither of Palace or Hull away are easy fixtures anyway, and Arsenal are in fine form though they tend to roll over for United at OT.

Last 3 games for Liverpool 2w and a draw.
Last 3 games for United 2d and a loss.

Liverpool end on 68 points and United end on 67.

Though that's just wishful thinking since United have pulled themselves out of slumps any time Liverpool has come close to them this season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 5:05 pm

El Cujo wrote:It's like people enjoy ignoring that if United had beaten the scrub teams they've lost to it wouldn't matter who Liverpool lost to, or City, or whoever. There's no point in focusing on results in that way.

The thing is that it's still possible for Liverpool to get top 4 if they win 2 of their last 3 (which should be doable). With the form United are in they could easily drop points in all three of their last games...neither of Palace or Hull away are easy fixtures anyway, and Arsenal are in fine form though they tend to roll over for United at OT.

Last 3 games for Liverpool 2w and a draw.
Last 3 games for United 2d and a loss.

Liverpool end on 68 points and United end on 67.

Though that's just wishful thinking since United have pulled themselves out of slumps any time Liverpool has come close to them this season.
thank you. I was starting to wonder if anyone on here understood football. we didn't miss out on 4th because we failed to beat west brom and hull. we didn't get 4th because we lost suarez and sturridge. the strikers we have did not come close to replacing them. half the players we signed have not performed like thay did from the clubs thay were signed from. injurys to defenders ment in the first half of the season we never had the same defence for 3 games in a row. the keeper had the worst 3 months ive ever seen from a keeper. and the team has really found scoring goals hard. so like ive been trying to tell what you can only call net ball fans. there is far more to it than 2 bad results. now working on the madness thay are talking. all we need to do next season to get top 4 is beat west brom and hull. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next