Nishankly
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Helmer
Sri
Art Morte
68 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 25 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 5:05 pm

El Cujo wrote:It's like people enjoy ignoring that if United had beaten the scrub teams they've lost to it wouldn't matter who Liverpool lost to, or City, or whoever. There's no point in focusing on results in that way.

The thing is that it's still possible for Liverpool to get top 4 if they win 2 of their last 3 (which should be doable). With the form United are in they could easily drop points in all three of their last games...neither of Palace or Hull away are easy fixtures anyway, and Arsenal are in fine form though they tend to roll over for United at OT.

Last 3 games for Liverpool 2w and a draw.
Last 3 games for United 2d and a loss.

Liverpool end on 68 points and United end on 67.

Though that's just wishful thinking since United have pulled themselves out of slumps any time Liverpool has come close to them this season.
thank you. I was starting to wonder if anyone on here understood football. we didn't miss out on 4th because we failed to beat west brom and hull. we didn't get 4th because we lost suarez and sturridge. the strikers we have did not come close to replacing them. half the players we signed have not performed like thay did from the clubs thay were signed from. injurys to defenders ment in the first half of the season we never had the same defence for 3 games in a row. the keeper had the worst 3 months ive ever seen from a keeper. and the team has really found scoring goals hard. so like ive been trying to tell what you can only call net ball fans. there is far more to it than 2 bad results. now working on the madness thay are talking. all we need to do next season to get top 4 is beat west brom and hull. Laughing

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 25 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Well next year isn't relevant anyway because arguably as much as it pains most of us Man Utd will get better so the ability to catch them at this stage of the season after a poor season won't be there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well next year isn't relevant anyway because arguably as much as it pains most of us Man Utd will get better so the ability to catch them at this stage of the season after a poor season won't be there.
Based on what, Mole? Falcao will be gone, RVP will be a year older, Wooney will be a year older and a stone fatter, the back four will still be completely useless, Ashley Young will get a contract extension etc.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Because they have a bottomless pit of money Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well next year isn't relevant anyway because arguably as much as it pains most of us Man Utd will get better so the ability to catch them at this stage of the season after a poor season won't be there.
then its upto Liverpool and Rodgers to fix this seasons problems so we don't see them again next season.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 04, 2015 5:27 pm

I remember reading an article on Guardian last yr saying how they will surpass Madrid as the highest earning club when they get into the CL by 2017.

That alone would be an enormous achievement tbh.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because they have a bottomless pit of money Laughing

Dat endless supply of money for buys like Shaw, Smalling and Kagawa :bow: Or maybe they can get Ibra on loan and pay him 300k a week to warm the reserve's bench hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Next edition of Deloitte money league would shed more light on that.

But as Lex pointed out, Man Utd do have, and have had, a squad overhaul due for a good while now.

Being back in CL places will definitely aid that process.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Though,Mole,Woodward is an incompetent sporting director.The last two seasons pretty much tell teh story.Lets hope they continue along with more idiotic buys that dont fit the system rather than finding players which suits it. /fingers crossed
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 pm

S wrote:Though,Mole,Woodward is an incompetent sporting director.The last two seasons pretty much tell teh story.Lets hope they continue along with more idiotic buys that dont fit the system rather than finding players which suits it. /fingers crossed

Of course he is but sadly even the incompetent can look competent with that amount of money to burn.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 04, 2015 5:55 pm

The thing is early on in the season if you watched Liverpool it wasn't that they weren't giving themselves the opportunity to win games. They created a ton of scoring chances, generally more than the opposition and sometimes by wide margins, but the main problem all year has been finishing. Even in our unbeaten stretch that nearly took us to the top 4 the finishing was subpar but we were just creating so many scoring chances that SOME had to go in, and there were obviously moments of individual brilliance that aren't often replicated.

Even some points were lost though bad luck like Jagielka's ridiculous goal, or even some others that I don't specifically remember off the top of my head that would likely not be replicated, the non calls on 3 separate handballs by Chelsea in the box, etc. If last season was showing how everything could go right for Liverpool this year it seemed like, at least often enough and at crucial times, everything seemed to go wrong from missing sitters to getting scored on offside to Mignolet being in the worst form of his career when the team was playing well and then being in maybe the best form of his career while the team is playing like crap.

Next season if Rodgers can find a middle ground with some stability and then add goals I think they have a bigger chance of getting that extra leap in quality to push them into the top 4 than most other teams out there. With a quality striker and another player that can add goals (Memphis perhaps) it will be possible for them to leapfrog all of Arsenal, City and United pretty reasonably, and even Chelsea is not out of reach since a lot of young players at Liverpool will be getting better and be more experienced.

People thought Rodgers couldn't organize a defence, but really he was just playing to his teams strengths before and took a while to adjust to the lack of elite attacking quality. He took almost an identical midfield/defence combination and turned Liverpool into the best defensive team in the PL since the newyear. I think that Liverpool will be look at top 4 and contending for silverware next season as long as they address the goal scoring.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 6:19 pm

While on that topic, any idea on how? Buy a striker, or..?

(I can also drop into the summer transfers thread later in the pool section)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Lex wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because they have a bottomless pit of money Laughing

Dat endless supply of money for buys like Shaw, Smalling and Kagawa :bow: Or maybe they can get Ibra on loan and pay him 300k a week to warm the reserve's bench hmm

2 Fa cup finals in 10 years and the smugness comes back.lol.

You're talking about prem winners here and one potential future LB great. Justified buys.

And we'll spend money that the club generates on whatever it takes to take us to the next level, rather than focus on the top 4 trophy *hint, hint*.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

RED wrote:
Lex wrote:

You're talking about prem winners here and one potential future LB great. Justified buys.

And we'll spend money that the club generates on whatever it takes to take us to the next level, rather than focus on the top 4 trophy *hint, hint*.

At the end of the day, it is the money you guys are legit generating. And that, I think, is something to respect. Some of those deals are outrageous and unbelievable, but I guess SAF has ensured that United will remain yards ahead of others in the foreseeable future. That is a part of his legacy. hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 04, 2015 6:24 pm

srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:
Lex wrote: Dat endless supply of money for buys like Shaw, Smalling and Kagawa :bow: Or maybe they can get Ibra on loan and pay him 300k a week to warm the reserve's bench hmm

At the end of the day, it is the money you guys are legit generating. And that, I think, is something to respect. Some of those deals are outrageous and unbelievable, but I guess SAF has ensured that United will remain yards ahead of others in the foreseeable future. That is a part of his legacy. hmm

It's ridiculous amounts of money but that's football nowadays, prices have become inflated to ridiculous amounts. At the end of the day, if the club have the money and are looking to strengthen the club with it, I don't care.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 6:27 pm

RED wrote:
srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:

It's ridiculous amounts of money but that's football nowadays, prices have become inflated to ridiculous amounts. At the end of the day, if the club have the money and are looking to strengthen the club with it, I don't care.

Fair point. This is also why I see United closer to that super club bracket of Real-Barca-Bayern than Chelsea. Some people here, however, seem to think differently. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 04, 2015 6:29 pm

srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Fair point. This is also why I see United closer to that super club bracket of Real-Barca-Bayern than Chelsea. Some people here, however, seem to think differently. :coffee:

Yeah I read some of the posts. Deluded.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 6:34 pm

RED wrote:
srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:

Come now, I am sure it was just banter Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 pm

srigooner wrote:While on that topic, any idea on how? Buy a striker, or..?

(I can also drop into the summer transfers thread later in the pool section)

Goals from anywhere will help, but a striker that can score with regularity will increase goal scoring everywhere on the team. Right now it's easy to shut the team down because our strikers can't score and if you crowd Sterling he doesn't seem to know what to do, and it leaves Coutinho as the only real creative threat but as a playmaker first there's nobody to really help out with the chances he creates (though his shooting is improving anyway).

Basically a striker that can score consistently will not only help by finishing the chances that Liverpool creates, but it will also open a bit more time and space needed for guys like Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho and even our midfielders to pot a few extra.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:
srigooner wrote:

"If you're 7th in the league, you're not the biggest club"

-Louis van Gaal Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 7:33 pm

'Big' is not specific enough. hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
srigooner wrote:
RED wrote:

"If you're 7th in the league, you're not the biggest club"

-Louis van Gaal Molenation

From the same interview:

I have coached Barcelona, Ajax and Bayern Munich who are all No 1 in their country. Now I am at Manchester United which is No 1 in England.
‘I have never worked in the Premier League and that is a big challenge.

‘When I worked at Barcelona that was the best league. When I worked in Germany that was the best league. Now I work here maybe this is the best league.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696004/Louis-van-Gaal-says-Manchester-United-biggest-club-world.html#ixzz3ZCEZxwGJ

hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Hans wtf is the meaning of that sig
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 04, 2015 8:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:Hans wtf is the meaning of that sig

I don't know, I chose it because looking at it makes me feel good.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Suspect

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 pm

What he meant to say was

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Hans wtf is the meaning of that sig

I don't know, I chose it because looking at it makes me feel good. No homo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next