Nishankly
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Helmer
Sri
Art Morte
68 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 14 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:39 am

Sunderland no chances to save at this point , at least Mole in this awful season can have a real joy Proud

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 14 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:39 am

Welcome back Alvarez Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 am

Robespierre wrote:Sunderland no chances to save at this point , at least Mole in this awful season can have a real joy Proud

Sadly i'll only really feel joy again when Ashley is gone and pride comes back and replaces the apathy hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 am

Will never treat any trophy as shit(bar COC because f that). I was talking to RO about it before. I am liking EL far more than in the past. And now with added incentive of getting CL with the final, it's more worthwhile as well.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:09 am

Imo you're not 'above' playing in the Europa league unless you're qualifying for the CL regularly and getting out of the groups

Likes of Pool and Spurs are not even close to being guaranteed top 4 teams in their league. Would it not make sense to put effort in to the EL from here onwards and get a CL play-off place.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 am

so Glad we didnt have EL this year tho...some points we were so injury riddled we likely wouldn't be top 4 right now if we had to play thursday nights as well...would of likely seen COC like line ups if we did lol aka get smashed by MK Dons playing a bunch of academy kids Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not even a shit competition, it's quite sad how so many who never actually win anything treat it like dog shit.

NO!
It is just there to give more injury worries because more games becasue more complicated qualifying phases and more complicated group phase and knockout structure.

It forces you to play Thursdays and Sundays, add the League Cup which is the most shit competition ever, I don't know why we gotta have 2 domestic cups, but that's neither here nor there. It just makes scheduling hectic. Add FA Cup replays (which I don't why they could just take it to extra time and penalties straightaway) and OH SHIT it even gets worse.

Feel sorry for teams like Everton and Fulham in the past who were more forced than honoured to take part in the EL with such limited squads. Ok, we could probably deal with it better, but I'm just stating in the grand scheme of things how dumb this competition is imo.

If it was similar to the CL or even better, smaller more simple procedure like 6 groups or something. It would be much more watchable and easier to handle. But I get it! That just wouldn't work because we want as many teams to play in a European competition and give chances to teams who don't win trophies a lot and who suffer in midtable mediocity every season.

Let me rephrase. EL is not a shit competition. It holds its own prestige in its own way, and it's certainly never a bad thing to a win a trophy. But for a club like Arsenal I wouldn't expect and want to be in that competition. Because I just see it as being dumb to want that over CL. Of course I'll support the team and want us to win the damn thing if we end up in it somehow and at some point. But just purely given the choice of CL or EL, how and why would you wanna choose EL is beyond me.

Lol we're bound to go past the R16 some time in the future, or maybe even go on a run like we did in 2006. I'd much rather hold on to that even if it happens 1 in 15 years, than the possibilty of having to go through all the baggage that the EL brings (don't forget how you suffer in the league because of it) and having a chance of winning 5 EL's in 15 years.

And it's mainly because of how much we would suffer in the EPL which worries me most.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Rodgers saying we lack goals and creativity. lambert 4mil. balo 16mil. lallana 25mil. markovic 20mil. alberto 7mil. aspas 8.5mil. borini 12mil. well whos falt it that you dumb fooking mick.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Lmao wow
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:56 pm

MR BOND wrote:Rodgers saying we lack goals and creativity. lambert 4mil. balo 16mil. lallana 25mil. markovic 20mil. alberto 7mil. aspas 8.5mil. borini 12mil. well whos falt it that you dumb fooking mick.

Well, if you listen to this El Cujo dude, none of it is Rodgers fault and Liverpool fans should be happy with mediocrity and battling against the likes of Spurs, Everton and Southampton.

Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:04 pm

izzy wrote:
MR BOND wrote:Rodgers saying we lack goals and creativity. lambert 4mil. balo 16mil. lallana 25mil. markovic 20mil. alberto 7mil. aspas 8.5mil. borini 12mil. well whos falt it that you dumb fooking mick.

Well, if you listen to this El Cujo dude, none of it is Rodgers fault and Liverpool fans should be happy with mediocrity and battling against the likes of Spurs, Everton and Southampton.

Laughing
if we still had a fit and fighting suarez and sturridge we would have got 4th. but the players I pointed out have not been close to good enough for the money thay cost.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists the owners will support the club with marquee signings this summer.

"Now we have to look to improve the squad and it's always great if you can get marquee players to come in and help you. The owners will support that.

did we not improve the squad last season when we signed 8 odd players. and tell me mr Rodgers why not sign marquee players when we had champions lge football. no chance now. im not a fan that thinks you should change a manager every 6 months. but im sick of seeing the same mistakes and reading the same shit from Rodgers time and time again. he says we need players. he buys 3-4 players. thay don't cut it. he then says we know where we need to strengthen. so he buys another 3-4 players. and now hes back saying we know where we need to strengthen. can someone please tell me the point in paying 10mil for origi. if balo. borini. aspas. and lambert cant get the goals we need then how the fook is a 18yo lad that does nothing much in the French lge gona come in and save us. he wont. he will sit on the bench for all next season. then be shipped out on lone. with Rodgers telling us he will be a good player in 5 years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Why did Liverpool abandon the 3-4-3 ? You were doing really well against smaller teams using that formation isnt it ?
True pool lost against united and arsenal playing that. But still you could have continued that from the next match onwards.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 14 Image

At least falcao has an excuse, injury and shit. Balotelli on the other hand. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Glory wrote:Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 14 Image

At least falcao has an excuse, injury and shit. Balotelli on the other hand. Proud

yeah. but di maria at 64mil has no excuse. he is just shit like balo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Who is even talking about ADM? Laughing not to mention his stats are not awful (nor Falcao 's if you consider the amount of minutes)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who is even talking about ADM? Laughing not to mention his stats are not awful (nor Falcao 's if you consider the amount of minutes)
jesus wept. 65mil di maria is getting benched for Ashley young.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:23 pm

MR BOND wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who is even talking about ADM? Laughing not to mention his stats are not awful (nor Falcao 's if you consider the amount of minutes)

It's called squad competition. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Muppet wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

It's called squad competition. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you.

lolol. yeah right. 65mil di maria cant get a game infront of ashley young who is worth about 50p. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:31 pm

izzy wrote:Well, if you listen to this El Cujo dude, none of it is Rodgers fault and Liverpool fans should be happy with mediocrity and battling against the likes of Spurs, Everton and Southampton.

Laughing

When have I said any of that? At least try and have an intelligent discussion if you're going to try and drag me into it. I've mentioned multiple times of course Rodgers shares some of the blame. I never said that Liverpool should be happy competing with Spurs and Southampton (or 'mediocrity'), but that it's not unexpected this season.

I'm not happy with the mediocrity of some of the GL posters, but it's not unexpected.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:34 pm

El Cujo wrote:When have I said any of that? At least try and have an intelligent discussion if you're going to try and drag me into it. I've mentioned multiple times of course Rodgers shares some of the blame. I never said that Liverpool should be happy competing with Spurs and Southampton (or 'mediocrity'), but that it's not unexpected this season.

I'm not happy with the mediocrity of some of the GL posters, but it's not unexpected.

................... These are your posts......

El Cujo wrote:And I'm sick of the instant gratification needed and entitled attitudes. As though we deserve a top 4 spot despite having a lower budget, worse players, and a young manager. On top of this players that could put us over the edge don't want to come here. Yes throw Rodgers to the wolves because he has had one poor season (a season in which there have been a ton of bad circumstances and he should still secure 5th place).

I don't really carewhat happens I'll support the club no matter what but Rodgers deserves another season and maybe some players that can score.

El Cujo wrote:I wouldn't be upset with getting Klopp, but I still think it's selling Rodgers short and being way too hasty. Like I said in the other topic:

Oh well, on to the next. I think this season if nothing else will be a big growing experience and learning experience for the squad and the manager. If he stays on, and I hope he does since I think FSG aren't going to judge Rodgers solely on a few bad months when his large body of work has been successful with Liverpool, I think that he will be able to adjust and work around his failures of this season.

It's easy enough for flip-flopping fans on a message board to say "WE NEED TO SCORE" but who is going to do the scoring exactly? We've already spread the goals all around the team without a decent goalscorer but it will only go so far before you need a reliable striker and Sturridge is not that man. Call it over-sight, ignorance or stupidity but I think Rodgers has shown what he is capable of when he has a good squad (and it was only good with Suarez, imagine him under the helm of squads that Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea can put out). I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he can be provided with a legitimate goalscorer next season to see our fortunes change.

Ultimately unless Rodgers seriously outmanaged all of Mourinho, Wenger, Pelle and LvG top 4 wasn't realistic with the team we were fielding, especially since Sturridge is not nearly good enough to carry the line by himself and has been dealing with non-stop injuries.

El Cujo wrote:When do the players take responsibility for that though? Again it's easy to say 'play faster' but it's much more difficult to put it into effect if the players are struggling or not in form. Sterling specifically has been really poor in the final third basically all year and often enough Coutinho's penetration and chances come to nothing. Teams are sitting back and putting a lot of players behind the ball making it even more difficult to play fast because it's easy to be dispossessed -- it's almost forcing us to probe.

Meh, I think Rodgers has definitely shown some areas he needs work on this season, but he's also shown some good things and deserves more time and more respect than he's received.

Accepting mediocrity.... Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:37 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Muppet wrote:
MR BOND wrote: jesus wept. 65mil di maria is getting benched for Ashley young.

lolol. yeah right. 65mil di maria cant get a game infront of ashley young who is worth about 50p. Laughing Laughing

Ashley Yound has been better than any of your attackers of late. And unlike yous we have a manager with the nuts to bench out of form players no matter how much they cost rather than giving them impromptu holidays in Jamaica mon.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Muppet wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
Muppet wrote:

Ashley Yound has been better than any of your attackers of late. And unlike yous we have a manager with the nuts to bench out of form players no matter how much they cost rather than giving them impromptu holidays in Jamaica mon.
yeah. paying 65mil for a player as back up to Ashley young is great management. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 pm

MR BOND wrote:
once again changing the subject Laughing

Poor trolling 2/10
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

@SamWallaceIndy
Banner in Chelsea end at King Power: "We shall not be moved. Running football since 2003"

PL titles since 2003 (inc 02-03)
MUFC: 6
CFC: 3

What a bunch of bellends Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@SamWallaceIndy
Banner in Chelsea end at King Power: "We shall not be moved. Ruining football since 2003"

PL titles since 2003 (inc 02-03)
MUFC: 6
CFC: 3

What a bunch of bellends Laughing

I think they're quite right tbh and I don't know what the number of titles got to do with it hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next