Bellabong
LeVersacci
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
35 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 34 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:22 pm

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a798943/james-earl-jones-back-as-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/?utm_content=buffer52205&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=maintwitterpost

AhagxbJakKcnNK jcnzn! James Earl Jones back as Darth Vader in Rogue One!

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 34 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm

This surprises no one. I don't see how it's news tbh. He voiced the cartoons, so why not the movies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:14 pm

It's news because it was not confirmed until now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Oh my god, I had not found this thread.

I love that Disney reinvigorated the whole Star Wars saga, although when I put into account the hours and hours I spent my childhood and teenage years reading Star Wars EU books, and the whole little universe I had mapped out in my head... Damn, it's pretty sad. I always had a wet dream that one day a Star Wars movie or series based on the X-Wing/Rogue/Wraith Squadron series of books would be made.

This is pretty much the equivalent more or less, but in a completely new Universe. In other words, there go my childhood fantasies Sad No longer did the Death Star plans come from Bothan hackers.

Even so, go ahead, Disney. You tyrants.

Still gonna waste my money on all the crap you sell me.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Oh my god, I had not found this thread.

I love that Disney reinvigorated the whole Star Wars saga, although when I put into account the hours and hours I spent my childhood and teenage years reading Star Wars EU books, and the whole little universe I had mapped out in my head... Damn, it's pretty sad. I always had a wet dream that one day a Star Wars movie or series based on the X-Wing/Rogue/Wraith Squadron series of books would be made.

This is pretty much the equivalent more or less, but in a completely new Universe. In other words, there go my childhood fantasies Sad No longer did the Death Star plans come from Bothan hackers.

Well, tbf. The EU stuff was never officially canon.

Have you read Bloodline? Considering buying it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 pm

What did you think of A force awakens Sushi?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Oh my god, I had not found this thread.

Well, tbf. The EU stuff was never officially canon.

Have you read Bloodline? Considering buying it.
What? I thought Lucasarts gave the green light to the whole EU universe.

You had missions under Thrawn's command in TIE Fighter, FFS.

Haven't read Bloodlines yet, but now that you bring it up I will definitely try it out. Is it canon?

From what I recall, the whole EU canon thing was put in the thrash when Disney bought Lucasarts and decided they will be continuing their own canon sources.

RealGunner wrote:What did you think of A force awakens Sushi?
You mean A New Hope Mark II?

I of course as a geek, loved it. They did a great job getting the vibe from the old trilogy, and of course the legendary characters are always welcomed. The cliffhanger ending was one of the worst case of blue balls I've ever had.

My only complaint was the whole of Kylo Ren as a villain. I get he's still raw, but I got more of a Anakin Skywalker bitchy type Dark Side than cool, collected and fully evil Darth Vader feeling that cemented him as a galactic badass. That was probably the point, though, him being raw and having issues because he can never be as cool as his dad or as important as him mom. But Star Wars without an impressive villain just ain't fully Star Wars. I hope, if they're following the formula, make Episode VIII a full on depressive Dark Side fest like Empire was. Luke going Dark Side or Ren not being so bitchy, I hope. I obviously want to know more about this Darth Plagueis character.

Also, the way Rey just steamrolls whoever is put in front of her, even the supposedly top notch Sith Apprentice kinda put me off. Either she has epic midichlorian count some insane parents (obviously all theories point this way), or Kylo is just a very shitty Sith.

Overall there is no way I did not enjoy the movie. Top marks from me even if I'm not entirely satisfied.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Worth noting Kylo will be developing a lot in the next 2 movies and at the end fight he took an OP bowcaster to the gut and instead of finishing Rey off he was too busy trying to recruit her.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Worth noting Kylo will be developing a lot in the next 2 movies and at the end fight he took an OP bowcaster to the gut and instead of finishing Rey off he was too busy trying to recruit her.

That's the point. There's no way Darth Maul/Sidious/Vader/Jar-Jar would have been even hit by something so uncivilized as a blaster shot.

For being a supposedly evil Jedi, his skills don't bring out the fear in me one bit.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:28 pm

@Sushi

I'm pretty sure none of EU material was officially canon, which is why Disney scrapped it. There was too many problems and contradictions with it, but they're still pulling from it. At least if they pull from the good EU stuff and remove the stuff like Chewbacca getting killed by a moon etc.

Everything created after the Disney purchase is canon. The things canon before Disney's purchase is the Clone Wars series and the 6 movies.

Also regarding your comments on Rey. Kylo Ren was dying when Rey bested him. They used 4 instances to show the power of Chewbacca's crossbow and Kylo Ren was hit in a critical spot with it. Before that she wouldn't have had a chance. It made sense Chewie was able to hit Kylo Ren with it, because he was mentally weak at that moment. Patricide probably has that effect on you.

Also pretty sure Kylo Ren knew her and didn't want to kill her.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Freeza wrote:@Sushi

I'm pretty sure none of EU material was officially canon, which is why Disney scrapped it. There was too many problems and contradictions with it, but they're still pulling from it. At least if they pull from the good EU stuff and remove the stuff like Chewbacca getting killed by a moon etc.

Everything created after the Disney purchase is canon. The things canon before Disney's purchase is the Clone Wars series and the 6 movies.

Ah, so Bloodlines is canon? Will 100% read it, then.

I know there were contradictions, (fukc, like hundreds of authors and 30 years of history makes it pretty easy for it) but the EU as a whole was of a very high caliber and introduced some incredible characters.

Glad the stupid-assed Vong were eliminated from canon verse. That I do enjoy.

Was disappointed the crossbow round didn't do too much damage. I mean to stormtroopers it's like a portable grenade launcher.

Should have been cut in two at least, FFS.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 pm

His guard was down, he just beasted his own dad through the chest Proud

He was not supposed to be a calm, collected OP badass in the first movie. He was a young Jedi struggling between the light and the dark. He'll be all together different in the next 2 movies. I like the fact there's so much room for character development instead of

'Here's a really powerful bad guy, at the peak of his abilities. There you go, enjoy him for 3 movies.'

Obviously if he gets his ass kicked in the next 2 movies then you'll be right. But as of now 1/3rd of his story has been told.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Freeza wrote:@Sushi

Ah, so Bloodlines is canon? Will 100% read it, then.

I know there were contradictions, (fukc, like hundreds of authors and 30 years of history makes it pretty easy for it) but the EU as a whole was of a very high caliber and introduced some incredible characters.

Glad the stupid-assed Vong were eliminated from canon verse. That I do enjoy.

Everything put out is canon now. And it has oversight unlike the EA. I can really recommend Lost Stars as an entry point. It gives an alternate look on the original trilogy where you see it happening from another point of view. Loved that book. Same author.

Gonna read the Star Wars comics these weeks so I'm ready for Celebration.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:His guard was down, he just beasted his own dad through the chest Proud

He was not supposed to be a calm, collected OP badass in the first movie. He was a young Jedi struggling between the light and the dark. He'll be all together different in the next 2 movies. I like the fact there's so much room for character development instead of

'Here's a really powerful bad guy, at the peak of his abilities. There you go, enjoy him for 3 movies.'

Obviously if he gets his ass kicked in the next 2 movies then you'll be right. But as of now 1/3rd of his story has been told.

A real Sith lord should get better in combat after some good ole' patricide Proud

Yeah, I know he's not the finished product. These are just little nitpicks I have when I compare this movie to the other two first-in-the-trilogy movies. He might still have a face turn in him and everything. Who knows?

I guess it's not so much him being bad than Rey in less than a month being a total lightsaber badass. Maybe she's a Jedi Guardian natural and Kyle a Sentinel Proud

Last edited by Sushi Master on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:His guard was down, he just beasted his own dad through the chest Proud

A real Sith lord should get better in combat after some good ole' patricide Proud

Yeah, I know he's not the finished product. These are just little nitpicks I have when I compare this movie to the other two first-in-the-trilogy movies. He might still have a face turn in him and everything. Who knows?

I guess it's not so much him being bad than Rey in less than a month being a total lightsaber badass. Maybe she's a Jedi Guardian natural Proud

Considering she's Luke's daughter, it makes sense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah Rey is a beast, she's clearly on dat dere Jedi equivalent of HGH.

Either way i'm hyped for the movie next Year, will go to all the way to an Imax for the first time to watch it
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Really hope they show some footage at Celebration. I'll probably legit die.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Freeza wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

I guess it's not so much him being bad than Rey in less than a month being a total lightsaber badass. Maybe she's a Jedi Guardian natural Proud

Considering she's Luke's daughter, it makes sense.

Luke pre-Dagobah was pretty meh combat wise. He got better but that's after having the best Jedi teacher in the universe train him for months.

That's not confirmed, though. Could be another of Han & Leia's offspring, if we follow up on old EU.

I'd like it more for her to be Luke's daughter, though. Then maybe we can see some Mara Jade equivalent.

This being Star Wars, she could be a perfect clone specimen, Sith weapon or some shit like Anakin was. I'm up for whatever it is as long as I get more footage of Luke with a beard.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Yeah I'd love to see some sort of Mara Jade equivalent.

I still don't know about comparing the powers in the old trilogy with these new movies. I think it's pretty obvious that the effect weren't ass good back then and that the Jedi were supposed to be more powerful if the effects allowed for it.

But considering that, I hope Rey has some sort of training. It'll get explained next movie no doubt though. Rian Johnson is absolutely amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Freeza wrote:Yeah I'd love to see some sort of Mara Jade equivalent.

I still don't know about comparing the powers in the old trilogy with these new movies. I think it's pretty obvious that the effect weren't ass good back then and that the Jedi were supposed to be more powerful if the effects allowed for it.

But considering that, I hope Rey has some sort of training. It'll get explained next movie no doubt though. Rian Johnson is absolutely amazing.

Well, there's always a "balance".

When there were a shit load of Jedi, the Sith lords were very, very powerful. Anakin came up and brought "balance". We were left with Sidious, Vader against neutered Obi-Wan and Yoda, and a raw Luke.

Currently, we have Kylo, Plagueis (who must be very powerful indeed), Leia who doesn't use her powers but is very sensitive, Luke powerhoarding in some lost planet and from what it seems, Rey.

If we follow that the whole Force thing is like Eastern religions and everything is balanced, either Plagueis is a class-A BAMF, or Kylo is extremely raw still and will develop tremendously. Although he seems like a squirt when we compare him to Rey's HGH potential, it seems the Light side has an advantage as of now, which doesn't fall into the whole Force balance philosophy. I hope we don't get a classic Disney ending and more of an ambiguous bittersweet one, that's for sure.

Unless the Force is completely universal, and we're left with big Light side Jedi's and a lot of non-Force using 'evil' which still counts in the 'Dark' scale.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:15 am

Kylo is love, Kylo is life imo.

Unless your han of course, then he's neither tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Luke pre-Dagobah was pretty meh combat wise. He got better but that's after having the best Jedi teacher in the universe train him for months.  

To be fair he was never really trained in fighting though. It was more of a spiritual training.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:58 am

@Sushi If Disney Wedge doesn't turn out to be as important a player as he was in the expanded universe that's when I'll start complaining.

Never followed book Luke; read Rogue and Wraith squadron series like 5 times over so Wedge plays a big part in my love for Star Wars
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:59 am

Phritz wrote:@Sushi If Disney Wedge doesn't turn out to be as important a player as he was in the expanded universe that's when I'll start complaining.

Never followed book Luke; read Rogue and Wraith squadron series like 5 times over so Wedge plays a big part in my love for Star Wars

I feel you, bro. That whole series along with the simulator games shaped my childhood. I'm pretty damn sure he ain't appearing in Rogue One and he did not appear in Force Awakens, at the very least as a high officer or fleet admiral or something, so IMO, he's been phased out by Dameron.

Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:14 am

He's been Phased out by Dennis Lawson who seems like a huge prick. He has a cameo is Lost Stars, don't know about much of the other stuff though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:19 am

Freeza wrote:He's been Phased out by Dennis Lawson who seems like a huge prick. He has a cameo is Lost Stars, don't know about much of the other stuff though.

It's not like they couldn't have just picked up another actor and called him Wedge. I mean, he was a very minor character only known to the true geeks. Whatever badass things he did in the old EU are irrelevant now, even if he was the best pilot in the galaxy after Luke.

He just wasn't important in this new Disney universe, so that's that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next