How and when did you become fan of your club ?

+28
RED
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
El Gunner
uzonero
Jay29
Collblanc
Sri
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
S
Kaladin
FennecFox7
iftikhar
terrance511
zizzle
futbol
Kick
guest_07
jibers
chad4401
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
Art Morte
Robespierre
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? Empty How and when did you become fan of your club ?

Post by Robespierre Sat May 09, 2015 1:03 pm

On Goallegacy I noticed there are fans from every side of the world , and many support a team not situated in own country ( and it is really a beautiful thing ! really no other things can join as the football makes ) so I think it is further interesting to know it.
anyway even me , Mole, gil, RG, Jibers, Viva ,Farfan etc who support a local team will have surely something of interesting to say about it.

Well , I support Inter since 1997 , you could feel the Ronaldomania in the air ( exactly today I talked about R9 in his prime..yes, him . number 10 at that time tbf) and I was involved from this.
It wasn't a hereditary issue for me.

my first team (season 97 98 ) was : Pagliuca , Bergomi , Colonnese, West , Sartor, J.Zanetti , Simeone ,Cauet , Moriero , Djorkaeff , Ronaldo

And so you ? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? Empty Re: How and when did you become fan of your club ?

Post by Art Morte Sat May 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Started roughly in the year 2000 when Hyypiä joined Liverpool, although it (me becoming a Liverpool fan) didn't happen overnight, it gradually got more serious.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? Empty Re: How and when did you become fan of your club ?

Post by The Franchise Sat May 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Never chose an English team. Arsenal were my favourite, all my friends were fans, I even went to Highbury for many games as a young boy in the early 90's.

But, at that age I wouldnt call it being a fan. I watched many teams equally as much, it just so happened I went to see Arsenal because others did.

I choose Barca in the end really because of peer pressure. A kid in my area used to go on and on about Barcelona and how great football they played. So the next game I decided to watch and I was captured by the likes of Romario, Laudrup and Stoichkov.It just grew from there and I guess the great football stuck. I cant remember exactly what year this was, trying to do some maths based on how old I was I guess it was 93.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I was 4 years old and i liked the name and the badge hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Have always supported the Chicago Fire because of my regional roots and I also follow Detroit City FC because this is my adoptive home now, but Roma trumps them all for a very specific reason:

I love ancient history and especially love ancient roman history. This was at its peak when I was just beginning to watch club football. So I wondered "Does Rome have a professional football club?". I googled it and Roma were the first result. At the time, I was a #9 for my middle school team so I wanted to see who was the equivalent of my position for Roma and it was Vincenzo Montella. I seriously fell in love with that guy (no homo obviously) and began to mimic my play after him, even using his celebration when I scored. Then there was Totti, Batistuta, Cafu, Candela, Nakata, Tommasi, Delvecchio, Panucci, Samuel, Aldair and so many others from that magical Roma side of 2001 that sealed it for me. I think what really cemented my love for this club was the tough times that followed after that scudetto win though. The Spaletti years were just fantastic, in particular.

Been Romanista ever since.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 09, 2015 1:30 pm

McLewis dropping some serious names. Some great memories for me too, watching that Roma side.

Nakata ffs

A fond memory of mine was Nakata being maybe the first time I noticed how cheap Wenger was. So many rumours going that Arsenal wanted to sign Nakata but Wenger didnt want to pay and ended up getting the cheap version instead (Inamoto) Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Yep the days when Italian football was a sunday ritual on Channel 4 and on saturday Jason Richardson would preview all the games in a cafe in Milan while reading Gazetta and drinking Orange Juice hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Despite not being at the club for long, Nakata remains a firm favorite of mine. A truly excellent footballer in his day and remains Japan's best export by a country mile. What he's done outside of football is fantastic as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 09, 2015 1:39 pm

I can imagine. Edgar Davids was at Barca like 6 months and still remains a big favourite of mine.

Likewise is Juan Sorin.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 09, 2015 1:51 pm

I was kinda following footy in the early 2000, but wasn't really supporting any specific teams or players or leagues, then one day i saw a insane chest control and volley from RVN when he played at united, followed him to madrid ended up liking the never say never attitude, with all the comeback wins at the time, and la liga in general was a joy to watch
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat May 09, 2015 1:54 pm

I stared supporting Bayern when we reached the club final in 99. still can't believe we lost that final. We won it 2 years later though (:

Last edited by jibers on Sat May 09, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 pm

i start following boca juniors when they beat real madrid ( the team i admired the most at that time) in 2000 intercontinental, fair & square, fight fire with fire, without playing totally defensive despite against team full of stars

juan roman riquelme was the reason that transformed me from regular follower to die hard one

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I was given my first Chelsea shirt back in 2000, for my Birthday. The next morning Chelsea won the FA cup (only one Di Matteo Proud ) So I decided they must be pretty good if they won the FA cup.

Been a fan ever since Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 09, 2015 7:27 pm

I started supporting Madrid when I first saw Di Stefano live in 1953.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat May 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Ronaldo.

Long story: so there was this nike commercial showing Ronaldo raping helpless defenders with Brazil and i fell in love with him ever since then. I didnt know where R9 played since they only showed international games on tv but i became a brazil fan. A year or so later another Ronaldo fanatic is sitting next to me in class and he tells me that he plays with Inter. I check them out in Fifa and i became a fan. That team included the likes of Zamorano, Baggio, Djorkaef(s?) and Simione, all legends that i rarely got to see back then because the stuff wasnt always broadcasted. First Inter game i saw was a 4th place playoff against Parma where we won 2 0 with Baggio scoring a brace. It was his last game in our shirt.

First full season i got to see was 01/02 where we lost the league in the last match against Lazio. Seeing Ronaldo cry on the bencb broke my heart. Starting 11: Toldo Zanetti Cordoba Materazzi, Gresko, Guly Di Biaggio, C Zanetti, Sergio Concesao, Vieri, Ronaldo. Seedorf and Recoba were bencb warmers coz hector cuper

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 am

uncle flo galactico project got me

tbh, it's ronaldo that got me liked football before that, zidane that got me like the club.

no body else is like R9, dont care of what u say bout messi.

Last edited by terrance511 on Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 10, 2015 3:50 am

I probably got hooked with Liverpool around 1986-87. At that time we a program on FA Cup on TV (single channel, state-owned, BW).

A decade later we got cable TV and live games from English, Italian, Spanish and off-course Champions Leagues. It's at this point I realized that I'm hooked with Liverpool. My fascination with other clubs (Roma, Valencia, Leverkusen) also started at this point.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 10, 2015 3:54 am

Zidane is the one that got me hooked onto football. We have close family friends who know his family.. and pretty much never stopped talking about him Laughing I was only like 6 or 7 back then, but i loved watching him.. Still a madrid fan and will be for the rest of my life
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 10, 2015 5:44 am

I was born in Italy, i stayed there for 2 1/2 years until my dad's tenure at the embassy ended. My father was working at the embassy there, we were mainly situated in Rome but my dad frequented Milan, later on, a few years later, when i asked my mom why he used to go there a lot she said it was because he had to visit the new PM of Italy (Silvio Berlusconi) So take that with your quantity of salt Laughing . My first football recollection was Euro 2000, after that i was a passive watcher of football, watched R9 in 2002 destroy everyone. It was until 2004 that i heard the commentator mention Berlusconi on a channel that rarely relayed most of Milan matches. I was intrigued and looked up on the team and stuff, i couldn't catch most of the matches and licensing was a pain in the mid east back then. It was until late 2005 that i started watching religiously, and finally found a source on TV that had Serie A rights (ART, if anyone remembers Laughing) it still missed a couple of matches, but i wasn't too bothered. But yeah, so thats my sob story for anyone who cares. Thank God for Al Jazeera BeIN :bow:.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 10, 2015 6:39 am

Spoiler:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 10, 2015 6:49 am

Born and raised as a cule. Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 10, 2015 7:20 am

Spoiler:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 am

' pre-puberty hipster affection' -> pretty sure Moal still has those Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun May 10, 2015 7:27 am

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? Catalan-flag
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 10, 2015 7:32 am

When I was very young - must have been about six or seven years old - I saw a Man Utd shirt that I thought looked cool, so I asked my dad to get it for me. He told me that to get the Arsenal shirt next to it instead and, being the impressionable kid I was, I went with it. I barely had any idea who those clubs were.

After that, I sort of became a fan by osmosis. Arsenal would always be on the TV, and I'd always sit in a room with dad and brother watching them. I think I just got caught up in it all. Back then, I didn't really feel anything about football; Arsenal lost the 2001 FA Cup final and won the next two years and I don't remember being happy or sad about it. It wasn't until around 2004/2005, when I was 12 or 13, that I started to really get into it, probably because my dad had left and I was able to watch and concentrate on games without him shouting at the TV screen every 10 seconds.

It helped as well that I spent a lot of my teenage life surrounded by football fans; other Arsenal supporters, West Ham fans (I live close-ish to East London, so they're everywhere), Spurs fans, Man Utd fans (none of them were humble), Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans, even a Palace fan. You couldn't escape football discussion, really.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next