How and when did you become fan of your club ?

+28
RED
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
El Gunner
uzonero
Jay29
Collblanc
Sri
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
S
Kaladin
FennecFox7
iftikhar
terrance511
zizzle
futbol
Kick
guest_07
jibers
chad4401
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
Art Morte
Robespierre
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How and when did you become fan of your club ?

Post by Jay29 Sun May 10, 2015 12:32 pm

When I was very young - must have been about six or seven years old - I saw a Man Utd shirt that I thought looked cool, so I asked my dad to get it for me. He told me that to get the Arsenal shirt next to it instead and, being the impressionable kid I was, I went with it. I barely had any idea who those clubs were.

After that, I sort of became a fan by osmosis. Arsenal would always be on the TV, and I'd always sit in a room with dad and brother watching them. I think I just got caught up in it all. Back then, I didn't really feel anything about football; Arsenal lost the 2001 FA Cup final and won the next two years and I don't remember being happy or sad about it. It wasn't until around 2004/2005, when I was 12 or 13, that I started to really get into it, probably because my dad had left and I was able to watch and concentrate on games without him shouting at the TV screen every 10 seconds.

It helped as well that I spent a lot of my teenage life surrounded by football fans; other Arsenal supporters, West Ham fans (I live close-ish to East London, so they're everywhere), Spurs fans, Man Utd fans (none of them were humble), Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans, even a Palace fan. You couldn't escape football discussion, really.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How and when did you become fan of  your club ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How and when did you become fan of your club ?

Post by uzonero Sun May 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Was a fan of national team football (brazil in particular) till we installed a cable at home and I fell in love with shevchenko in the 2002/2003 season

Started using his team (milan) on winning eleven.. Then I fell in love with pirlo, rui costa, kaka, nesta and maldini
At that point I was convinced milan was the best in the world. I then became a fan
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 10, 2015 12:40 pm

S wrote:and subsequently FIFA 05 where Juventus were bloody stacked and i loved that team.
had the game, Pavel Nedved :bow: used to score some screamers with him.

Anyway, think we've had something similar about this before, or maybe it was in the Arsenal section, I dunno. But might as well tell my story again,
In 2003, a lovely day, a moment/match went down which would turn out to be a pivotal part in my life and which will also take lots of credence when I write my number-one selling autobiography one day... :coffee: Manchester United vs Arsenal, all I can recall is that my grandad and a friend of his was watching, I went into the tv room and sat on the floor on my little 6-year old ass, I saw my grandad cheering on the team in yellow, friend the team in red, so obviously with the blood running deep I also quietly (doubt loudly because I was a very quiet boy back then in them ages) cheered the team in yellow and that's how a love story began.

Of course I was still young and stupid and didn't know much, but Arsenal has really been there all the way through my childhood and until now, so as I grew older and smarter so did my love and interest for Arsenal Football Club.

I have small bits of memories of Patrick Vieira's goal against Leicester on the final day of our unbeaten season, and slightly more clearer ones of our 2005 FA Cup final. But needless to say, because of my age, the love and passion for football and the club still wasn't that big in me to enjoy and cherish it that much, but I've always been grateful that I at least have some form of recollection of them beautiful days Very Happy

It's also really why the FA Cup victory last year meant so much to me personally, but still it was more of a relief (as to many other gooners) after all those years of waiting than anything else. In between and through the years I have grown fond and a deep adoration through all the trials and tribulations. I was really emotionally invested through ages 10-12/13, but I soon learned that the club had too much of a hold on my mood at times, so I grew out of that, and also the addition of high school and teenage years, learning new stuff and people and all that, also deflected some of my attention off Arsenal, however I believe that hasn't made me less passionate, instead - more appreciative and knowledgable.

Last edited by El Gunner on Sun May 10, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 pm

When R9 came in 2002. I've also been a Brazil fan since that 2002 World Cup.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 10, 2015 1:01 pm

srigooner wrote:' pre-puberty hipster affection' -> pretty sure Moal still has those Proud

Puberty? Nah hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Just realised I made a mistake in the above post. Always confuse Tony Adams' goal vs Everton with Vieira's one against Leicester. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
srigooner wrote:' pre-puberty hipster affection' -> pretty sure Moal still has those Proud

Puberty? Nah hmm

And hence the 'pre-' Laughing

Mole the late bloomer Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 10, 2015 1:11 pm

When I was very young, I wasn't that interested in football but everyone around me was so I tried to get into it. Dortmund was THE big club closest to my city and everyone obsessed about them. My father took me to a game but I foolishly wasn't impressed, Dortmund finished 3rd in the league (Koller, Dede, Rosicky :bow:). So BVB kinda got me into football but I wasn't a 'fan' yet.

My older brother was a huge Arsenal fan and he made me watch Arsenal. I liked Arsenal's quick style from the first moment, but I wasn't a 'fan' immediately until Jens Lehmann joined Arsenal which sealed it for me. After Arsenal's invincibles there was no way back but my love for Arsenal kept growing over the years.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 pm

srigooner wrote:

Puberty? Nah hmm

Better to be late than early Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 pm

srigooner wrote:

Puberty?  Nah hmm

Better to be late than early Proud

Spoiler:

Fashionably so Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 10, 2015 1:54 pm

DAT R9 influence for Inter and RM fans Molenation
It's really truthful Nike spot about him    
Spoiler:
p.s. Zizzle, it ended 1-3 . Baggio was the difference maker of that play off when he was benched for the whole year by Lippi because they hate each other  .
Strange to think Baggio was ostracized in his career by Capello , Sacchi , Ancelotti ( not wanted to Parma ) , Lippi ..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Robespierre wrote:DAT R9 influence for Inter and RM fans Molenation
Spoiler:

Best player I've ever seen Proud

Cantona Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm

So Hans is in his 30s ? Interesting to know..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm

iftikhar wrote:I probably got hooked with Liverpool around 1986-87. At that time we a program on FA Cup on TV (single channel, state-owned, BW).

A decade later we got cable TV and live games from English, Italian, Spanish and off-course Champions Leagues. It's at this point I realized that I'm hooked with Liverpool. My fascination with other clubs (Roma, Valencia, Leverkusen) also started at this point.

This is great. 86 :bow:

Dani have some competition :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Yep. Do I sound too childish?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 10, 2015 2:33 pm

S wrote:So Hans is in his 30s ? Interesting to know..

You just believed every word of what Hans said? Too naive.. tut tut.. Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Older than The Franchise Shocked
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yep. Do I sound too childish?

Not quite.But i do find you a little cocky for your age though. hmm

I imagined you to be in the early/mid 20s actually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 10, 2015 2:36 pm

srigooner wrote:
S wrote:So Hans is in his 30s ? Interesting to know..

You just believed every word of what Hans said? Too naive.. tut tut.. Razz

http://realmadridistas.net/Smileys/smileys%20I-no/3732984984.gif
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 10, 2015 2:38 pm

That's basically due to mid-life crisis. I was very mature when I was younger.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Thought same thing , I believed he was   same my year basically Very Happy
Good for him to have seen Bayern under the GOAT Trapattoni  and Rizzitelli Proud

Valkyrja wrote:
Robespierre wrote:DAT R9 influence for Inter and RM fans Molenation
Spoiler:

Best player I've ever seen Proud

Cantona Proud

Agreed :bow:

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 pm

One day I was playing FIFA Tournament mode on the PS1, and I made a custom tournament and selected all the 5* and 4.5* teams, then it hit me. I supported them all.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 10, 2015 2:43 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Older than The Franchise Shocked

Nah Franchise is 56 imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:One day I was playing FIFA Tournament mode on the PS1, and I made a custom tournament and selected all the 5* and 4.5* teams, then it hit me. I supported them all.

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Early 90's. Was a young child, just getting into football. My cousin supported Leeds because they had just won the league that year and convinced my older bro to support them too rofl He ended up being a Liverpool fan a couple seasons later Laughing

He tried to convert me too but I said nah, and saw a team play in red(my fav colour), Liked their name, liked their badge (for a kid that's important lol) and ofcourse I was entertained by the football and matches I saw of theirs and the rest is history. Little did I know the following season a dynasty was re-born.

One of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:That's basically due to mid-life crisis. I was very mature when I was younger.

That's a shockingly low life expectancy for the first world hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum