Vicious Culé
neuro11
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
Deja Vu
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 37] Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 37] Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 19, 2015 7:42 am

neuro11 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Assuming we finish the league with a clean sheet, we would have only conceded 19 goals.

How long has it been since a team conceded so few? I looked up the record for least goals conceded, it's 15 but from the 30s when the league only had 10 teams.

A great feat....totalbarca published an article today saying defence wins the lal liga for barcelona. i cant disagree. we have put a fantastic defensive solidarity throughout the season.specially when i think the difference is only one new signing (Mathieu) in compare to the last few seasons, this looks like more remarkable

This is probably under appreciated. This is quite an achievement, and much overshadowed by MSN.

I think Mattieu has been great, hes been much better than many other defensives signings we have made in the past for sure. His physical height brings much of what was needed for years, and I think at times hes better than Mascherano although the latter still first choice. So very happy with him.

Secondly Rakatic has been doing a lot of good tackling, defending and pressing in his position, in thie department hes stronger and Xavi obviously. So with him there our defense and Busquets gets much more help and contribute to this impressive state.

Lastly the GKs have both been very good Smile

Of cos credit goes to the manager and other players who have improved as well like Alves whos hit top form again.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 37] Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 37] Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 am

This team is truly remarkable. Every piece seems to fit together, which is a testament to the players’ intelligence but also the coaching staff’s vision to put them in the right positions and give them the right roles.

There was an excellent piece on totalBarca on the three big leaders of the team, one in each line (Piqué, Busquets, Messi) – http://www.totalbarca.com/2015/opinion-pieces/how-luis-enrique-rebuilt-barcelona/
I would say that those three were the cornerstones of this title, although not the only protagonists. Bravo has been excellent, Masche has proved his critics wrong, Iniesta has adapted to his new role, Rakitic has made life so much easier on the right flank, Alves has been superb, Alba has found a new intelligence to his game, Neymar has taken a step forward and Suárez has been way too good given that it’s his first year. The quality of the team is ridiculous.

It was a beautiful season for the most part, with some brilliant football, and even when it wasn’t beautiful, Barca found a way to win. Matches against Valencia, away to Celta, away to Almeria, home and away to Villarreal… all key moments in the season. So happy, so proud of this team.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 am

IMO, the most important player in the midfield has been Rakitic. Played way better than Busquets this season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Busquets has been weirdly nonchalant throughout the season. Still remember his game against PSG in the group stages earlier in the season, getting caught several times when trying his dragbacks. And now against Atletico again with some fuuuuuu moments as the last man in defense where only the ref whistle saved him. Don't know what's going on with him at times.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 pm

I too think that Busquets was not a cornerstone in our success.
Rakitic on the other hand, without being the best midfielder on the planet he provided exactly what we missed especially with Crapregas in the team. Energy.
For me the best surprise in the season was Pique. I never thought he would reach this kind of performance again.
And before any of the cherry pickers come forth to point out specific mistakes, let it be said that no defender’s play is without errors
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

more or less , agree with the above. dont think Busquets had a great season. he has been playing below per his standard in way too many games. dont know whether calling Rakitic as the mf cornestone is correct, but certainly Busquet was definitely not the one.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 19, 2015 4:44 pm

a little bit of the emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2ePdWJMUQ

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Fußball wrote:Busquets has been weirdly nonchalant throughout the season. Still remember his game against PSG in the group stages earlier in the season, getting caught several times when trying his dragbacks. And now against Atletico again with some fuuuuuu moments as the last man in defense where only the ref whistle saved him. Don't know what's going on with him at times.

The amount of times he has gotten owned while trying to earn a foul makes me want to pull my hair out.When will he realize that opposition players have by now wised up to his dragbacks and wont foul him.And he does it in very dangerous areas. Its when the opponents are pressing and our 2 CB's have gone wide and he has dropped.He gets owned and gifts a chance to the opposition.Thing is he does nothing by doing so.He is not exactly advancing the play and it is a very risky action.
Why cant he do what Xavi does?Just pass the ball back if you cant execute a safe trick and keep hold of the ball.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 20, 2015 9:06 am

^^^
this exactly.
I've been saying the same exact things when talking with my friends
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 am

I have a solution for us: sell the player with a guaranteed buy back clause - Zubi
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MSN FTW Wed May 20, 2015 11:46 pm

No thread for the next game yet?

What are you guys expecting? I hope to see the subs getting some time.
MSN FTW
MSN FTW
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 21, 2015 12:31 am

I'm expecting

-----------------MaTS
Montoya---Bartra----Verm----Adriano
---------------S. Roberto
--------rafinha-----------xavi
----Munir-------Suarez----------Pedro
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3