RED
Hapless_Hans
Muppet
jibers
maxyz
10 posters

Go down

Gareth Bale in Man.U kit?

Would you sign Bale this summer? Vote_lcap25%Would you sign Bale this summer? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Would you sign Bale this summer? Vote_lcap75%Would you sign Bale this summer? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 8

Would you sign Bale this summer? Empty Would you sign Bale this summer?

Post by maxyz Tue 19 May - 12:11:40

As the title suggests,would you like Man.Utd to sign Bale in this summer? The transfer fee being similar to the one that Real paid to Tottenham.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Would you sign Bale this summer? Empty Re: Would you sign Bale this summer?

Post by jibers Tue 19 May - 12:24:04

If it was down to me, no. I think that if we want to build a good system based on players performing their duties and circulating the ball patiently and looking for the free man, it would be a disservice to both the overall efficiency of the team and to Bale himself if were he to sign. It would either limit his game or it would mean back to the drawing board to try and pack star players into the first 11. I would rather we used that money to strengthen key areas and give us a very balanced squad where there are no star players.

The football we have played when all available players were starting were some of the best I have ever seen United play. Bale is a good player but to get the best out of him, that would mean playing through him and I don't want a team like real Madrid where the team is geared towards one player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue 19 May - 18:39:19

I reckon many said the same about Robben before he joined Bayern years ago, jibers.

Pure nonsense really. If he's available we should get him. He's exactly what we're missing in attack. End of.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 19 May - 19:08:09

I hope you do get him. That would be hilarious.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue 19 May - 19:25:35

Hapless_Hans wrote:I hope you do get him. That would be hilarious.

Why? What are your thoughts on it?
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 19 May - 20:55:16

I think it would be a colossal waste of money just to make a statement.

Not that I think Bale is a terrible player, and he'll get more space in the PL to play to his strength, but then he would be better suited under ANY other coach than van Gaal.
And the price of course is laughable.

If van Gaal benches Di Maria for being too much of a headless chicken and too less a faithful system player, how do you think Bale will fare?
Don't forget, he'll need to understand the 'philosophy' first before he gets to play lol. And he's not exactly the best player if your system is combinative and based on possession.

I can see it happening like with Gomez.
It will be a big name transfer made by the club because they like to throw some cash around (not saying that's necessarily a bad thing), and because Ed Woody is Jorge Mendes' willing bitch, and van Gaal will want to make a statement of authority and coaching idiosyncracy by continuing to select Young , Mata, or even Valencia ahead of Bale, at least for a bit. Or Depay of course.

Then Bale can go from whining about getting whistled on the pitch of the Bernabeu to enjoying the adoration of Utd fans on the bench lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue 19 May - 21:51:47

1. Mendes is not Bale's agent.

2. Bale is a brilliant player when used correctly, even moreso than Di Maria. However I do agree with you about LvG to a certain extent. It's completely meaningless that he's turned Young and Fellaini into useful players while failing to get the best out of more talented players like AdM. It's one of the main reasons I want him gone. His ego is more important than the club and he's taken about one and a half million too many bong hits in his life. Total nutter tactically. If he can't get the best out of Bale and/or Di Maria then he should be gone swift like. I would reckon Woody might even be on the chopping block in that case which would be good news for the club. The guy is clueless.

3. "More space in the EPL." That's hilarious.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 19 May - 22:08:01

Anything above 40m or 50m at a stretch will be a waste of money.

There's no doubt he's great in the PL, but would he be effective in the system that LVG uses? Disciplined possession play, struggling to break down defensive teams who don't allow us space. I don't think so. Under SAF, he would have been immense for us.

We'd be insane to hand 100m to RM for him. Absolutely mental.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 19 May - 22:41:22

I wouldn't pay anywhere near what Madrid did that's for sure

they will have to be willing to take a massive loss on him if we were to sign him, wouldn't pay over 50m
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 19 May - 23:05:15

If im Utd?

What on earth for?

I mean, it depends on exactly what system they want to play but if I am the guy in charge, then certainly not with the players they already have.

What would a Man Utd side look like with Bale in it? on paper?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 19 May - 23:08:47

The Franchise wrote:If im Utd?

What on earth for?

I mean, it depends on exactly what system they want to play but if I am the guy in charge, then certainly not with the players they already have.

What would a Man Utd side look like with Bale in it? on paper?

Depay-Rooney-Bale
Fellaini-Herrera
Carrick
Shaw-Rojo-Smalling-Valencia
DDG

that's with Depay obviously next year and DDG staying Proud...didn't want to throw any hypothetical transfer in there that are just rumours to this point

Fellaini has done well this year but I hope he isn't a regular starter next year, hope we sort out midfield (Gundogan or whoever it may be)
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 19 May - 23:33:12

Muppet wrote:1. Mendes is not Bale's agent.

2. Bale is a brilliant player when used correctly, even moreso than Di Maria. However I do agree with you about LvG to a certain extent. It's completely meaningless that he's turned Young and Fellaini into useful players while failing to get the best out of more talented players like AdM. It's one of the main reasons I want him gone. His ego is more important than the club and he's taken about one and a half million too many bong hits in his life. Total nutter tactically. If he can't get the best out of Bale and/or Di Maria then he should be gone swift like. I would reckon Woody might even be on the chopping block in that case which would be good news for the club. The guy is clueless.

Hows that meaningless ?
Merely because in the past they were deemed not good for United ?

AdM on the other hand was given enough and more chance to stamp his position in the first team. But he couldnt.
The best position for di maria is the one in center midfield in a 4-3-3 like the way it was in madrid. But because di maria is struggling to cope with the intensity of the premier league and is loosing possession every other minute it would be suicidal to give him that same job in the side.

And he is on the bench because he is being kept on the bench by players who are playing better football than him. Its as simple as that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 19 May - 23:39:23

B-Mac wrote:

Depay-Rooney-Bale
Fellaini-Herrera
Carrick
Shaw-Rojo-Smalling-Valencia
DDG

that's with Depay obviously next year and DDG staying Proud...didn't want to throw any hypothetical transfer in there that are just rumours to this point

Fellaini has done well this year but I hope he isn't a regular starter next year, hope we sort out midfield (Gundogan or whoever it may be)

It would be interesting, but with the way Mata is playing would he be so easily dropped out of the side? I think he does alot for the team, he is linking the midfield to the attack quite well for me.

Also, where is ADM? Its totally criminal not to put him in a position to succeed. Though thats trademark Van Gaal for you. Seems to intentionally not play at least one of the most talented player in the position the player wants.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 19 May - 23:43:04

My answer to the question is obviously a big No.

1.Our system/philosophy wont suit Bale. He will be a flop like di maria except that di maria will come good eventually by next season end. He just need time to get used to the league.
Bale coming into the side for insane wages and playing like he doesnt give a shit about the team's interest is the last thing we want in a season we should be expecting to mount a challenge.

2.Great teams are built, not bought. Absolutely Despise the Galactico style transfer strategy.

Last edited by Glory on Tue 19 May - 23:50:11; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue 19 May - 23:47:34

Glory wrote:
Muppet wrote:1. Mendes is not Bale's agent.

Hows that meaningless ?
Merely because in the past they were deemed not good for United ?

AdM on the other hand was given enough and more chance to stamp his position in the first team. But he couldnt.
The best position for di maria is the one in center midfield in a 4-3-3 like the way it was in madrid. But because di maria is struggling to cope with the intensity of the premier league and is loosing possession every other minute it would be suicidal to give him that same job in the side.

And he is on the bench because he is being kept on the bench by players who are playing better football than him. Its as simple as that.

No they aren't good enough for United. Not even close. Decent squad player is Young and a decent plan B is Afroman. Nothing more. As long as they're starting eleven material we'll be scraping for a CL place.

And it's not that simple with AdM. We should've never bought him TBH. He's the absolute antithesis of what LvG looks for in a player. So the blame is on Woody and LvG there. Of course there are other factors but while AdM has frustrated me this season I don't think LvG trying to use him as a Robben type has helped him either has it?

And furthermore, LvG thinks his "filoshofee" is the winning ingredient rather than quality on the pitch. It's maniacal. Any player who takes chances(which is necessary for creative players) will be chastised and most likely benched due to breaking free of the bloody filoshofee. It's a system that only Messi can make work. Otherwise you get stifled by simple "park the bus" tactics as we have all season.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SreeX Sun 7 Jun - 18:42:55

Bale would cost around 80 mil. Its insane even to suggest that, but if we buy him, even then there is no guarantee that he will help win EPL in the first season.

I think united always had extra good players in the squad instead of an all star team. This offers depth, its is suited for the EPL where players get frequently injured. Also United can substitute RVP to bring on Hernandez, this won't be possible if we had players like Ronaldo or Bale who wants to play every game 90 minutes, and it hurts the bench too.

For 80mil we can buy a lot of good players schniederlin, Hummels or Ottamendi, Clyne, i heard Nicolas Gaitan signed for us. I mean we should buy good young players like Depay and experienced players like hummels for the money needed to sign bale, developing like this will make us capable of competing for UCL title in a few years, I wish United win UCL next year, that would be a dream comeback!
SreeX
SreeX
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat 18 Jul - 7:15:08

jibers wrote:If it was down to me, no. I think that if we want to build a good system based on players performing their duties and circulating the ball patiently and looking for the free man, it would be a disservice to both the overall efficiency of the team and to Bale himself if were he to sign. It would either limit his game or it would mean back to the drawing board to try and pack star players into the first 11. I would rather we used that money to strengthen key areas and give us a very balanced squad where there are no star players.

The football we have played when all available players were starting were some of the best I have ever seen United play. Bale is a good player but to get the best out of him, that would mean playing through him and I don't want a team like real Madrid where the team is geared towards one player.

This. Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue 21 Jul - 22:20:09

The Franchise wrote:Also, where is ADM? Its totally criminal not to put him in a position to succeed. Though thats trademark Van Gaal for you. Seems to intentionally not play at least one of the most talented player in the position the player wants.

This is the trademark of Man United in the past few years. Sir Alex, Moyes, LvG...all of them had this issue. Hard to watch, hard to believe, but this aspect is very important. To use the best players on their prefered position and to have two amazing players on the same position it's impossible. One of them will flop.

Luckily Mata and Di Maria are versatile and somehow I think LvG will manage to use them together in a formation. That would be a 4-2-3-1 in my opinion.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down