Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Artilleristen Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:58 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Chambers showed insane defense skill at points last season. I really think he can be a high quality starting centerback with us. We just need to play him and believe in him. It was at RB where he looked pretty bad. He really can't play there. But when we were torn apart by injuries in defense early on he really stepped up. We should stick with him and not look to replace him so soon. Same with Debuchy, we bought him for big money, he is quality, there's no need to replace him either

Is Debuchy's quality better than the quality that Bellerin showed in you opinion?
To me I think that Bellerin won the starting rb spot with how he played, and if Debuchy isn't happy with being a backup than the team might need to buy a new backup rb.

Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:12 am

As far as I remember Debuchy didn't play shit at any time except for the FA Cup semi-final which it should also be said he just returned from a long layoff.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:25 am

Don't think there's any point talking about a future without Debuchy when he's a very solid, well rounded fullback who's hardly played due to horrible luck when it comes to injuries. Bellerin may have staked his claim for first spot but he's not playing 50 games next season and he's still young, you need quality depth and good players to push each other. I'm happy with our options.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Gazzetta dello Sport claim we've bid €40million for Gonzalo Higuain but that Napoli are holding out for €50-60m.

Not holding my breath on that one.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:12 am

El Gunner wrote:As far as I remember Debuchy didn't play shit at any time except for the FA Cup semi-final which it should also be said he just returned from a long layoff.

And Leicester (A), QPR (H), Besiktas (H), Everton (A), Southampton (A), West Ham (A).

His best performances have been at CB against Newcastle (H) and Liverpool (A)

Let's be honest here, Debuchy has been a massive flop so far BUT selling him is very unrealistic and besides I think he's a good sub for Hector Bellerin.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

Massive flop Laughing
wat
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 am

I'm not sure that he would be willing to be a backup, not sure if he was a bust though.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:58 am

lolwut. We barely even saw him play. He made what, 10 appearances? Too quick to judge.

Can't use the Alexis yardstick to judge everyone.
And by replicating that logic, Alexis is a flop because he didnt score much in the second half of the season? Sure, whatever. Let's basically call every signing a flop.
Welbeck sucks.
Mertesacker is a slow shite.
Koscielny has brainfarts.
Szczesny is an error prone *bleep*.
Giroud is static.
Theo has no footballing brain and can't hold up a line.
Özil is a big game flop.
Gibbs is inconsistent.
Cazorla fades once in every while.
Coquelin is too rash in his tackles.
Wilshere can't play without getting injured and takes one touch too many.
Ramsey takes too long on the ball.
I can go on. I am only summarizing what I keep reading on this forum.

And we need to get a whole new team to bitch about. Let's face it. We're getting bored with these players and criticisms.

Rolling Eyes

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:19 am

Admittedly my memories of the some of Debuchy's earlier games are foggy, but I recall he had an excellent game against Besiktas at home and his red card was harsh. Went off to a standing ovation iirc.

I know he made mistakes in some games, but a player who's only played 15 games can't be called a massive flop. Two lengthy spells out with injuries, plus having to play centre back in some games, on top of being in what was then an ever changing backline - these are things you need to consider when evaluating his time with us so far.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:40 am

Still though, people are acting as if has had a great time and has only been stopped by injuries completely forgetting his mistakes in the games I mentioned well before his unfortunate injuries.

Main point is that despite his performances we don't need to sell Debuchy and sign Höwedes who is not even a RB.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Agreee with you on the key message on not needing to sell Debuchy, urbs. But I don't agree with you calling him a MASSIVE Flop.

We can't expect a player coming back from injury to perform 10/10 in the very first game. And none of our defenders/players are faultless, for that matter. Each have their flaws, and they all make mistakes now and then - more so when they are playing out of position or aren't in form.

Witchhunting, for the sake of it, is quite pointless - and I don't mean you here, but a more general sentiment.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Urban is a known Debuchy hater though, told me that Janmaat is better lol and should sign Lichtsteiner despite him never being better and clearly taking a massive nose dive the last two years.

Didn't want him when he was signed so no reason for him to change his mind now when he's hardly played.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11654368/Chelsea-will-allow-Petr-Cech-to-join-Arsenal-or-Manchester-United.html

make it happen bounce
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 am

if DDG leaves to join Madrid, we will lose out on Cech unfortunately, lets hope he stay for the good of the league cheers
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Urban is a known Debuchy hater though, told me that Janmaat is better lol and should sign Lichtsteiner despite him never being better and clearly taking a massive nose dive the last two years.

Didn't want him when he was signed so no reason for him to change his mind now when he's hardly played.

This Very Happy Debuchy and Giroud so much so to hit the ball, they will be big time flops for urban
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 am

Cech will pick us over United anyday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:15 am

RealGunner wrote:Cech will pick us over United anyday

I'm not so sure about that tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:15 am

RealGunner wrote:Cech will pick us over United anyday

Alexis London preference flashback

Lets do this
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:33 am

Twoism wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Urban is a known Debuchy hater though, told me that Janmaat is better lol and should sign Lichtsteiner despite him never being better and clearly taking a massive nose dive the last two years.

This Very Happy Debuchy and Giroud so much so to hit the ball, they will be big time flops for urban

Not a Giroud hater btw, I defended him against many when they were calling him a donkey and comparing him to Andy Caroll or thinking that Mandzukic is better. Just think someone quicker would help us play at our full potential with having Giroud on the bench to rotate.

Either way it doesn't make me wrong, as I didn't pull these games of Debuchy out of thin air. Of the 10 games he started as a RB for Arsenal he has had atleast one defensive mistake which led to a goal/penalty/red card in SEVEN games. He almost knocked us out of the Champions League and FA Cup with his idiotic defending.

Hater or no, you have to recognize this.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:28 am

He made exactly one defensive error leading to goal (and one defensive error in total) in 10 games in the EPL and the one Champions League game he played.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Its really hard to judge Debuchy based on few games he played in a new team. Remember when so many people here thought Monreal was a flop?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:41 pm

What you guys think of Falcao?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:What you guys think of Falcao?

Amazed that we're not even looking at him while Chelsea are trying to add him to Diego *bleep* Costa Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:02 pm

You would seriously pay him over 200k p/w?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:You would seriously pay him over 200k p/w?

He is begging to stay in England and he will take a pay cut.
If we cant get him for free why not?

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:10 pm

On a free with £110k p/w and I am sold

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:11 pm

He's willing to take a pay cut to stay in England (or because no one will pay him that much).

You know this is our problem always looking for the cheap striker, well there is no cheap proven striker. Falcao however if Wenger can bring him back to his usual level that's well way worth it, and if it isn't successful - it's only a 1 year loan then we go for the next striker like Man Utd did.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next