Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:26 pm

GoonerJay26 wrote:It's irrelevant now, anyway, since we're clearly not signing him.
Why completely rule it out just because The Telegraph says so?
There might be genuine interest which we do not know about.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:
GoonerJay26 wrote:It's irrelevant now, anyway, since we're clearly not signing him.

I'm ruling it out because of this:

@bbcsport_david: Cech joins #AFC from #CFC on 4yr contract for fee in region of £10m. Meanwhile, Arsenal not interesting in signing Juve mdf Arturo Vidal

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:37 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

I'm ruling it out because of this:

@bbcsport_david: Cech joins #AFC from #CFC on 4yr contract for fee in region of £10m. Meanwhile, Arsenal not interesting in signing Juve mdf Arturo Vidal

Meh, things can change easily tbh.
Still I stand by that there can be underlying interest. Ornstein isn't a club executive you know :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:41 pm

He's the Ornacle. He's above club exec. :coffee:

In all seriousness, I don't doubt Arsenal have interest, in the same way they're interested in all top players. But the indication appears to be we're not going to follow up on whatever interest we have at this moment in time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Extreme bantz if Cech is our last and only legit piece of business this transfer window rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Meh, things can change easily tbh.
Still I stand by that there can be underlying interest. Ornstein isn't a club executive you know :coffee:

Ornstein has been wrong before but never in the way that it looked like he was making things up, only when what he was told quickly like when Arteta seemed to be off on deadline day or like when we were set for a quiet deadline day before getting Welbeck.

El Gunner wrote:Extreme bantz if Cech is our last and only legit piece of business this transfer window rofl

Would like another 1-2 but wouldn't be too bothered if this was our squad come September 3rd with Flamini's contract altered so that he's no longer listed as a squad rotation player but as Mesut Özil's friend.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:51 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:@bbcsport_david: Cech joins #AFC from #CFC on 4yr contract for fee in region of £10m. Meanwhile, Arsenal not interesting in signing Juve mdf Arturo Vidal

Move on lads

I didn't wake up at 9:30pm for this

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 am

well Vidal doesn't surprise me. too many things seemed odd about it.
He doesn't fit Wenger's atypical targets - he only just got done for drink driving during CA ffs...
The price seemed short, the fact Pogba is likely to be on his way out lessens the likelihood of Juve letting him go.. too many things stacked up against it.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:50 am

We are obviously getting Javi Martinez

Hopefully bastian fraudsteiger stays away
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:15 am

hah
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 am

I agree on not seeing any new signings unless circumstances arise (a.k.a dominoes).

And tbh, I am perfectly ok with that - more so if Theo signs a new contract till 2020 or something.

I don't mind having Flamini around - he's an experienced old head after all, and he's been at Arsenal for many years cumulatively. Just don't want him to be in a position where he has to start too many games. If Arteta is fit and back, we may not see much of Flamini anyway. As long as we can keep the lads fit. silent

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 am

How influential was Arsène Wenger in your decision to join Arsenal?

I had a good chat with him and it was the first time after the club approached me that I could speak to him in private for such a long time. He made me believe that this was the right step and that this is the club with a lot of ambition. I have a lot of personal motivation and ambition and the club definitely matches it. It is an exciting time for me, it is a project where Arsenal fans and the club have been waiting for the Premier League title and this is a chance for me to bring my experience and my little extra to the team and we can possibly achieve that.

Have you spoken to Tomas Rosicky about the club much and if so, what has he told you about it?

Yes, we have spoken - obviously we had time together with the national team but at the time I did not know what would happen. But he seems happy always and he loves playing for Arsenal. He was excited about the idea that this could happen. He told me a lot of good things and he was one of the reasons why I decided to give it a go and meet with Arsenal. Then the discussions went on and here we are today! I am really happy it happened that way.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150629/video-watch-cech-s-first-interview#8IqiAtCTiGLCHXGw.99

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 am

Agent Rosicky Proud

FFS, if we ever let him leave, I will have to be put on suicide watch.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:25 am

RealGunner wrote:We are obviously getting Javi Martinez

Hopefully bastian fraudsteiger stays away

That's how you repay my love?

Suit yourself.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:55 am

My main worry is that even with the strong squad we have, we'll encounter a difficult run of games where Coquelin isn't available for whatever reason and Arteta or Flamini has to play. Imagine, for example, Coquelin getting a straight red for a bad tackle before we have to play Liverpool (A), Stoke (A) and Chelsea (H) all in a row.

So I really, really want us to eliminate those types of risks and strengthen our depth in that position.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 am

Wenger has money available to buy a quality DM/CM.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:53 pm

@SkySportsAmy
Understand Man Utd bid for Schneiderlin 10 days ago (under £25m). Didn't meet Saints asking price & was rejected. Also told no contact since

C'mon Arsene

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Lukas Podolski is apparently in Turkey to sign for Galatasaray. €3.2m fee which would see us save €7.3m in wages also.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Happy for Podolski. He deserves a good club that will give him respect he deserves.

I wish him the best of luck in his career.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:28 pm

William links are back it seems

Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho is a priority for Arsenal aiming for a fee of around £30 million. [@marcoslopez]
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Slow day on transfers/rumours.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:GK:
Cech ✓
Lloris
Casillas

DM:
Kondogbia
Schneiderlin
Krychowiak

Forward:
Falcao
Higuain
Sterling
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Sina wrote:William links are back it seems

Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho is a priority for Arsenal aiming for a fee of around £30 million. [@marcoslopez]

he just missed Portugal U-21's last penalty, allowing Sweden to win the European Championship.

hope we sell this loser.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:21 am

Finally got to see Carvalho in action in this tourney and he is impressive. Him and Bernardo Silva were easily the standouts. He has a huge physical presence in the middle of the park that you dont see many players have and his ball control and passing is good too for someone with a big frame.

30 million is a huge price tag, but I don't see him as a bum that many people did describe him as. I wouldn't put too much weight on the penalty either..he clearly isn't a designated set piece taker.

Still bummed we'll be missing out on Schneiderlin..fairly impressive everytime I've seen him play and would be a fairly contrast alternative to Coquelin. I believe his price tag was fair for a French international and someone with PL expereince as well.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:50 am

http://talksport.com/football/ex-arsenal-star-gervinhos-move-al-jazira-collapses-after-helicopter-and-private-beach

Laughing
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:08 am

Amar wrote:
30 million is a huge price tag, but I don't see him as a bum that many people did describe him as. I wouldn't put too much weight on the penalty either..he clearly isn't a designated set piece taker.

Still bummed we'll be missing out on Schneiderlin..fairly impressive everytime I've seen him play and would be a fairly contrast alternative to Coquelin. I believe his price tag was fair for a French international and someone with PL expereince as well.

He's definitely talented, had a great tournament and could see him fitting in but if Wenger is shying away from Schneiderlin for less money then I don't see us going for Carvalho.

Think the links are flimsy and baseless atm.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next