DeletedUser#1
Curtinho
iftikhar
Art Morte
rwo power
25 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by Curtinho Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Clyne is a good signing. This whole window has actually been quite good so far. Milner and Clyne are both solid while Clyne is still young, Firmino is a home-run and would probably start on any team in the EPL (assuming no transitional issues) and Ings is a quality back-up striker that is still young and with room to grow. Three of those four also fill domestic requirements which they're trying to raise from 8 to 12 as well.

The thing you always want to see from a good team is their ability to learn from their mistakes and move forward. After our season management had a lot of reflecting to do not just on our transfer targets but also the way we went about acquiring them. You can see that they're putting a lot of effort in this window to make sure that it's a success and to rectify the mistakes they made last year. They're identifying their targets, going out and getting them and not haggling over little details or dragging on negotiations, and they're addressing the right areas. My hat's off.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by Helmer Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:25 pm

all the shite is uselss unless I see anything in table on and on the pitch :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Back in for BenHeskey apparently, when Bacca's agent is begging us to buy him :facepalm:

well, being excited in the market was nice while it lasted (Exactly 2 days).

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:04 am

Same shit as last year Laughing

"Ayre's a genius, good window"
"Best summer we've had in the whole clubs history"
"We have a team to challenge the league"

Settle lol

Firmino is a good signing as is Clyne

But we're not going anywhere significant with our current managememt so take a breather lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:13 am

Gotto still get a top CF, that's the only the window will be a success for me.

I'm only okay with Firmino and Gomez singings so far.

Milner I'm sure will be decent but I don't like the signing regardless, wages astronomical, and would rather an improvement on Hendo, not someone who does basically the same thing.

Clyne, meh I still have to see him outside of Soton's ultra defensive set up.  First reaction was of dislike.

Bogdan and Ings Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 am

iftikhar wrote:and Art is bashing me for excessive use of Emoticons Shocked Suspect hmm scratch :coffee: :whistle:

That said, I think you guys are having a genuinely good start to your window.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:12 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Such a LFC move to kill the buzz of an excellent signing with a "Meh" one immediately Proud

Thanks, I'd be an excellent signing indeed but don't get ahead of yourself.
I'm like Alexis Sanchez, in that I'd rather join Arsenal hmm

Hans Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 am

James, could you please explain to me what your issue is with Henderson? He has done nothing but improve, was arguably our best player last season along with Coutinho and is likely our future captain. You've already hailed Can as better than him (he isn't) and now you're saying we should be looking for an improvement on him not someone who does the same thing in Milner (he doesn't do the same thing). Henderson just turned 25 and is heading into his prime with us. He's the type of player you want to build around like Coutinho. There's no need to address that area as it's already an area of strength relative to the rest of the PL, and in general. Adding midfielders that can play at a high level along side Henderson would be ideal.

Red Alert wrote:Same shit as last year Laughing

"Ayre's a genius, good window"
"Best summer we've had in the whole clubs history"
"We have a team to challenge the league"

Settle lol

Firmino is a good signing as is Clyne

But we're not going anywhere significant with our current managememt so take a breather lmao

Just out of curiosity...who actually was really happy with last summer's work? I remember people being optimistic DESPITE the summer transfers, but I don't remember anyone being overly excited...in fact a lot of people were disappointed with how the summer went...which is in stark contrast to what is going on here.

I mean if you're going to continue with your ridiculous agenda at least do it based on reality.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:28 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Chelsea's wage bill is also double ours and actually improved on what they needed upon.

Are you implying that we haven't improved on what we needed? Laughing

Did you see his post on GD Very Happy . He actually doesn't think Rodgers has made us an amazing team. The pace in which we pass and play football is frightening. Hell, have a look at our match thread on RedCafe from yesterday Laughing

"this LVG team when it clicks Sad "

Natalie Portman wrote:We'll challenge for the league again and get 80+ points.

Our team is mint. Absolutely mint.

Fahim89 wrote:For Sterling, Lallana & Moreno might be the 3 key players! hmm

El Cujo wrote:Lovren is a good option to buy and as a young player put in a very strong season this past year. I'd rather him than Skrtel on the right of Sakho/Agger next season.

Origi, Markovic and Can are all solid signings and aside from Origi can make an impact this season. People are underrating the impact Can can make already (he was a very good player in Germany this season as a 19/20 year old) and Markovic has all the looks of a player that can step in and make an immediate impact and then continue to grow...I think he can be one of the best wingers in the EPL as early as this season with what he brings to the table as long as he adjusts well. A front 3 of Markovic, Sturridge and Sterling has ridiculous pace and trickery.

A midfield of Henderson, Allen/Coutinho and Gerrard is very solid, composed and can do a lot of work. Meanwhile Lallana and Coutinho are both very versatile and can fill in up front or in the middle while you also have Borini and Lambert sitting around. Then you have Can as well.

The transfers have been fine so far. I'd like to see a bit more ambitious of targets for left back and one more "elite" attacker, but this team is going to be very strong at this point regardless of whether or not that happens. However, I'll say again...a transfer window of: Lambert, Can, Lallana, Markovic, Origi, Lovren, a leftback and another good attacker would be a very successful one.

(You got Moreno and were delighted with Balotelli before you try and delete those posts. lmao)

And that was a 2 minute search.

A lot of gems in here I'm sure.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36052-summer-of-2014-part-2?highlight=summer

Have fun, El d.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 am

Liverpool want Christian Benteke to become the seventh acquisition of their summer spending spree, but will step up their pursuit of the forward only if Aston Villa are willing to compromise on their £32.5 million asking price.
Nathaniel Clyne will become Liverpool’s sixth pre-season signing when he returns from holiday next week to complete a £12.5 million move from Southampton.

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:52 am

El D: "Great player. He can attack corners because he's really big. And also has a good record for Aston Villa. Sign him up. World class signing."

hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:37 am

on one side, they are showing ambition and other side on Benteke, :facepalm: I am able to tolerate this summer only because of Ayres Wife good service till now !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 am

Don't call me James wrote:Gotto still get a top CF, that's the only the window will be a success for me.

Milner I'm sure will be decent but I don't like the signing regardless, wages astronomical, and would rather an improvement on Hendo, not someone who does basically the same thing.

Clyne, meh I still have to see him outside of Soton's ultra defensive set up.  First reaction was of dislike.

Bogdan and Ings Laughing

You really think we are going to sign another CF? That's not realistic, we got like 6 of them.
Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert and plus Firmino can fill in when needed too, what makes you think we'll sign another one? Even if 2 of them leave (let's say Balotelli and Borini) we still got 4 left + Firmino, what club has 4-5 backup CFs?

If we were really going to sign a top class CF, we weren't going to sign Ings in the first place so that ends that, they still have faith in Sturridge, just signed someone to replace him until he comes back. (and we have Origi too)

So I guess their plan is that Ings, Origi and Firmino will replace Sturridge until November with Lambert getting a few subs here and there. It just isn't logical to sign another CF, how will all of them play especially if we fail to sell Balotelli and Borini.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:05 pm

RA ,talking as he's never ever got anything wrong.

Our optimism last summer was coming off of our most entertaining and best PL season in 2 decades you tool.

The season , you said we won't even finish top 4 , yet were a slip away from the title.

You're such a snide, snake. Must be hell to go out or party with you. Will probably meet a girl at the bar who is a 9, and says, no she has a small mole on her right toe, wouldn't bang.

Whatever floats your boat. You're an incredibly uninspiring, and forgettable character. With RO gone for good, we'll hopefully have a new Mod for this section and he'll take care of you.

It's summer time, no games, and you've shown your true colours that it's not only LFC/Rodgers you want to troll, you want to personally troll members with their families. Pathetic, really.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:06 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Gotto still get a top CF, that's the only the window will be a success for me.

Bogdan and Ings Laughing

You really think we are going to sign another CF? That's not realistic, we got like 6 of them.
Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert and plus Firmino can fill in when needed too, what makes you think we'll sign another one? Even if 2 of them leave (let's say Balotelli and Borini) we still got 4 left + Firmino, what club has 4-5 backup CFs?

If we were really going to sign a top class CF, we weren't going to sign Ings in the first place so that ends that, they still have faith in Sturridge, just signed someone to replace him until he comes back. (and we have Origi too)

So I guess their plan is that Ings, Origi and Firmino will replace Sturridge until November with Lambert getting a few subs here and there. It just isn't logical to sign another CF, how will all of them play especially if we fail to sell Balotelli and Borini.

Of course we are. our strikers combined scored 8 goals last season and our 2 top scorers from last year are leaving/left the club.

Window hasn't even officially opened. Borini/Lambert WILL be sold, and Balo at worst will go on loan. Azpaz already sold.

Going into the window a new striker to PROPERLY replace Suarez' goals was the main priority, and it still remains one.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:RA ,talking as he's never ever got anything wrong.

Our optimism last summer was coming off of our most entertaining and best PL season in 2 decades you tool.

The season , you said we won't even finish top 4 , yet were a slip away from the title.

You're such a snide, snake. Must be hell to go out or party with you. Will probably meet a girl at the bar who is a 9, and says, no she has a small mole on her right toe, wouldn't bang.

Whatever floats your boat. You're an incredibly uninspiring, and forgettable character. With RO gone for good, we'll hopefully have a new Mod for this section and he'll take care of you.

It's summer time, no games, and you've shown your true colours that it's not only LFC/Rodgers you want to troll, you want to personally troll members with their families. Pathetic, really.

I think RA should embrace his El Cujo character and throw away the Albert character imo, he will be a very good poster then !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:18 pm

I still think we're more likely to sign Bacca than Benteke. AV are not going to budge on their valuation of him and I (hope) think that we will not budge on ours. I am still one of the few that actually doesn't think Benteke would be a bad signing (especially with Firmino and Coutinho providing for him) but I still would prefer Bacca.

It also sounds like Bacca is trying to get the ball rolling to come here himself:

"We are really looking at three things – number one is to have a happy family situation for his wife and son because he had a bad experience in Belgium," he told the Guardian.

"The second is to find a good team with a good project. Before he went to Chile, we wrote down a list of clubs that fit that description and Liverpool was on that list.

"The third question is the contract. He has a good salary in Sevilla but we know how much clubs in England can pay."
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:RA ,talking as he's never ever got anything wrong.

Where did I say we weren't going to finish in the top 4? Laughing

I'm taking over as the new mod for the next section, babe. So you best watch your tone with me. hmm

Where have I trolled anyones family? LMAO And you have the audacity to call me pathetic? Like, YOU? You *bleep* hypocrit lmao. You've been banned how many times trying to make things personal and looking like a clown? Like, I really don't understand you. How are you trying to play the sympathy card WITH ME right now? rofl And isn't calling me a snake an attempted personal insult? I mean the *bleep* hyperbole that comes from more than 3/4 of your posts. I can't deal. Hahhahahahaha.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:45 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
I think RA should embrace his El Cujo character and throw away the Albert character imo, he will be a very good poster then !
I think you should pass over that crack pipe my dear.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:52 pm

we are also expecting the same thing from both of you :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Just dont get this thread or this whole bloody section locked. xD
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Admit it. You admire me. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm

El Cujo, he does admire you, he is just struggling to accept the better part of himself :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:04 pm

@Cujo, A few things regarding your question about Hendo and my problem with him.

First, I didn't say Can was the better player. I said Can was the better leader (even at this age). Hendo is obviously currently a better player. I think Can has a higher ceiling and eventually will be better than Hendo but that's not the point here.

Second, I don't have a problem with Hendo at all. He's one of the most likable players in our current squad, and I like him.

I'm talking about down the line, to become a top team like Barca, Bayern etc we need an improvement on almost every player honestly. That's what I was talking about. That's what I've always been talking about.

I've been preaching the same shit for years. If you buy players always buy the best player realistically available and always make sure they are an improvement on the Starting XI. Milner was not that player.

Milner ain't better than Hendo. I want someone better than Hendo. Firmino is better than Sterling imo which is why I'm happy about it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Ok, I can respect that.

I just think we have other areas that are more important to focus on, and if I'm being 100% honest I still think that Henderson can be a big contributor to a team that challenges for the title and the CL. We just need great players at every position...I definitely rate him as one of the top 5 B2B midfielders in the world, especially with how he stepped up last season while almost everyone else was in poor form. Give him complementary players (if we're talking about a midfield 3 a real DM and a creative CM like Kovacic or even dropping Coutinho back). and he will shine IMO.

If we could get a top tier DM in the mould of Busquets, Matic or even Verratti I would absolutely love a midfield 3 of:

DM
Henderson - Coutinho

It's a perfect balance for me that could be the building block of a very successful passing oriented team that still has a lot of tenacity and movement.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Hendo can definitely be a contributor on a CL and league winning dominant club. But not as a starter. As a role player yes. Players like Milner and Hendo are necessities almost to have as part of the squad over a long grueling season but I think the starting XI players should be comfortably better.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next