Robespierre
RED
El Gunner
Glory
Kick
60 posters

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:23 am

Don't call me James wrote:For example, if we get someone like Lacazette (I'm not saying we would actually get him), then El Cujo isn't really wrong. I think we walk into top 4.

You would be in the conversation at least, but this walking stuff when the top 4 of last year has players of similar or better standard is just stupid.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:25 am

Don't call me James wrote:For example, if we get someone like Lacazette (I'm not saying we would actually get him), then El Cujo isn't really wrong. I think we walk into top 4.

In place of who though hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:34 am

Don't call me James wrote:Ramsey is the best CM in the league (even though he plays RM Laughing ). Hendo doesn't have to be better than the best CM in the league to be good. He's just as good as Herrera.

that's a maybe...not as good as Schweinsteiger, or Carrick tho

Herrera in his first season in the PL scored as many goals as Henderson last year with 6 goals but Herrera had 11 less appearances :coffee:

Last edited by B-Mac on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am

RealGunner wrote:

In place of who though hmm

Doesn't matter. People underestimate this Liverpool side because of how horrible we did last season. But in reality we had it all in our own hands to get 4th in matchday 30. YES. (EVEN after that terrible start). Honestly it was a shit season for us but all the clubs finishing above us did shit to completely obliterate top 4 spots. They left us with a chance until very late and we kept throwing it away even though we should probably have been no way close. For us the season was a plummet because we were lacking a CF all season.

Put someone of Lacazette's caliber in the team, and fortunes would look way different.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 am

No one underestimates you lol, it's just that the top 2 are obvious.... Arsenal are being called title contenders ever since the Cech signing and Yanited are throwing cash like there's no tomorrow.

Despite the rest of the league being utterly garbage the top 4 is getting to be exceedingly strong again, nobody is walking anything i don't care who you are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 am

B-Mac wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Ramsey is the best CM in the league (even though he plays RM Laughing ). Hendo doesn't have to be better than the best CM in the league to be good. He's just as good as Herrera.

Herrera in his first season in the PL scored as many goals as Henderson last year with 6 goals but Herrera had 11 less appearances :coffee:

31 year old Schweinsteiger Laughing Let's not include him here until he plays a *bleep* game, eh. If this was prime Schweini, I'd give it to you. But we don't what Schweinsteiger you're getting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 am

Doesnt matter lol

Come on dude, you cant be this bias.

If anything Man Utd are only going to be better than last season. You talk about a striker...Man Utd didnt have one either..the only reason you were close to Utd was because they are rubbish. They will only be better this season, baring some strange melt down.

City drop out of the top 4? Not unless Aguero, Silva and Yaya all break their legs.

Chelsea and Arsenal? Yeah..ok...thought not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 am

Think mid table teams are strengthening well. It's good to see players like Lens, Payet, Clasie, Wijnaldum coming to PL tbh. Much better than some scrub coming in from Irish league.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:42 am

Your squad is nothing special at all. Your defense has been consistently been dreadful under Rodgers & has arguably worsened each season. Signing Clyne isn't going to miraculously fix it.

Your starting midfield is apparently going to be Henderson, Milner & Can. Henderson wouldn't make the bench for any team in the Top 4 apart from City while Can is an unproven midfielder that's still young and learning. Milner is a great niche player but struggled whenever played through the middle throughout his entire City spell.

Coutinho is nothing special. His influence on games is severely lacking & he's extremely wasteful. He doesn't make Top 5 AM's in the League. Firmino looks decent but he's coming from the most open League in the World where he played in the most offensive system in the League. Bundesliga is notorious for inflating individual stats, it's why so many fail when they move abroad.

The two special players you have (Sterling & Sturridge). One was sold while the other is a crock. The rest of your attackers are either flops & just potential.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:42 am

Don't call me James wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

31 year old Schweinsteiger Laughing Let's not include him here until he plays a *bleep* game, eh. If this was prime Schweini, I'd give it to you. But we don't what Schweinsteiger you're getting.

but your saying Lacazette who has never played a game in the PL will walk you to top 4 hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:42 am

RealGunner wrote:Think mid table teams are strengthening well. It's good to see players like Lens, Payet, Clasie, Wijnaldum coming to PL tbh. Much better than some scrub coming in from Irish league.

Yeah but all those teams have scrub coaches sadly, i'm quite confident about us in that department this year ( as in i don't think we will be an utter joke confident) but i don't think we are going to buy anyone else Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:43 am

Meh, it's a pointless discussion.

We aren't signing Lacazette or anyone of that caliber. So we won't get shit. Ings, Balotelli, and Benteke up top rofl Even Coutinho and Firmino can't do shit about that lot.

Will probably finish 6th below Spurs again.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:43 am

B-Mac wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

but your saying Lacazette who has never played a game in the PL will walk you to top 4 hmm

Lacazette is just entering his prime. Schweine is 31. I said I would give you prime Schweini.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 am

Spurs are meh at best tbh, if they finish 5th again it will say a lot. Luckily i don't think they will.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:47 am

B-Mac wrote:

Lacazette is just entering his prime. Schweine is 31. I said I would give you prime Schweini.

Carrick is 33 and does just fine hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spurs are meh at best tbh, if they finish 5th again it will say a lot. Luckily i don't think they will.

agreed this is Newcastles year (:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 am

I'll be shocked if we finish top 10 lol, we just don't have enough talent atm.

Although we might based on the fact that the league outside the top 6 is closer to garbage than average.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 am

B-Mac wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

I said let's wait and see how 31 year old Schweini does in PL before saying he's one of the best CM. You can include Carrick in that list and I'd agree with you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'll be shocked if we finish top 10 lol, we just don't have enough talent atm.

You don't need talent to finish in top 10 Laughing

Look at Stoke and Palace.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When each of last years top 4 has better players in pretty much every position? yeah.... no.

I don't agree, but we can move on from that. I'm more confident even in any player from Liverpool's backline than any player on United's, and most of those on Arsenal's...

I think City and Chelsea are locked into the top 4, but absolutely Liverpool can compete with Arsenal and United if either Ings or Origi emerge as legitimate strikers, or they buy one (even Benteke will do, IMO).

Hypothetically, we're looking at what...

Henderson-Can-Milner vs. Ramsey-Coquelin-Wilshere vs. Schweinsteiger-Schneiderlin-Herrera

Can is the wildcard, but no moreso than Coquelin IMO, and he has the potential to be one of the best players in that group. He certainly looked the part for large parts of last season. Henderson is right up there with Ramsey as best of the group, and Milner can hang with any of them. I don't see where any team has a distinct advantage in midfield unless Milner and Can flop there.

In terms of depth Liverpool have good to decent options in Lucas and Allen. United have Carrick, Fellaini and Blind I guess and Arsenal have Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini. Too bad Fellaini probably starts over Herrera or someone else, and Arsenal always seem to have a ton of injuries to Rosicky and Wilshere. Still, Liverpool can keep up here regardless.

Firmino-???-Coutinho vs. Sanchez-Giroud-Ozil vs. Mata-Rooney-Memphis/Valencia?

Any decent striker would easily put them over United's front 3 and in contention with Arsenal. Giroud is good but not great. Memphis is not going to make a big impact in his first season and while Valencia had a strong season last year he's not on Coutinho/Firmino's level. Rooney is good but fading, and Mata hasn't been great over the last two seasons at all. I think Firmino and Coutinho can be very bit as effective as Sanchez and Ozil assuming that Firmino can bring his BuLi form over.

Anyway, like I said I think it comes down to what kind of striker shows up at Liverpool this season. If they don't buy anyone they are taking a big gamble on Origi or Ings (or maybe someone else?) coming good, and if they buy someone who will most likely be Benteke he is a good enough option to bring them on that same level, and if they get someone better...well, Rodgers knows how to build a flat-track bully and play to win by just scoring more.

Last edited by El Cujo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 am

True enough lol, as long we are not painful to watch i'm good regardless.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:53 am

B-Mac wrote:

I said let's wait and see how 31 year old Schweini does in PL before saying he's one of the best CM. You can include Carrick in that list and I'd agree with you.

I'm happy we have him for depth but im not expecting anything tbh. Morgan Schn. is the person im looking forward to seeing.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 am

Herrera is United's best midfielder, imo.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 am

El Cujo wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When each of last years top 4 has better players in pretty much every position? yeah.... no.

I don't agree, but we can move on from that. I'm more confident even in any player from Liverpool's backline than any player on United's, and most of those on Arsenal's...

I think City and Chelsea are locked into the top 4, but absolutely Liverpool can compete with Arsenal and United if either Ings or Origi emerge as legitimate strikers, or they buy one (even Benteke will do, IMO).

Hypothetically, we're looking at what...

Henderson-Can-Milner vs. Ramsey-Coquelin-Wilshere vs. Schweinsteiger-Schneiderlin-Herrera

Can is the wildcard, but no moreso than Coquelin IMO, and he has the potential to be one of the best players in that group. He certainly looked the part for large parts of last season. Henderson is right up there with Ramsey as best of the group, and Milner can hang with any of them. I don't see where any team has a distinct advantage in midfield unless Milner and Can flop there.

Laughing Laughing
That's not even our midfield.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:30 am

Milner "can hang" with any of them but doesn't have anywhere near the level of creativity or the range of passing that Ramsey, Schweinsteiger and Herrera have (and Cazorla as well, as he plays CM for us, not Wilshere), nor their ability to dictate games. I rate Milner as a useful player but I think it's a bit optimistic to place on a similar level as the best midfielders in the league.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:47 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Milner "can hang" with any of them but doesn't have anywhere near the level of creativity or the range of passing that Ramsey, Schweinsteiger and Herrera have (and Cazorla as well, as he plays CM for us, not Wilshere), nor their ability to dictate games. I rate Milner as a useful player but I think it's a bit optimistic to place on a similar level as the best midfielders in the league.

Oh really?

But seriously, Milner isn't going to be expected to be overly creative I think. He's there to harry, recycle possession and push the ball forward to the more creative players like Henderson, Coutinho and Firmino. In terms of work-rate and intelligence off the ball though he will be very valuable. I think his creativity is still underrated though because he's English and wasn't a full time starter at City (though he probably should have been).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next