Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Arsenal weighing up move for Egyptian star Mohamed Elneny to ease midfield injury crisis

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-weighing-up-move-egyptian-7053636

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 pm

A defensove midfielder in January.

Sell Cazorla and if possible sign Gündogan as CM in the summer aswell as a striker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:58 am

Any chance of signing Wiegl instead?

Although Gundogan might be more attainable due to him being off the radar.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:16 am

ner"[color=#FF0000]]Any chance of signing Wiegl instead?

Although Gundogan might be more attainable due to him being off the radar. [/quote]

Yes please!
but No chance it happens
exactly the profile we need
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:24 am

The ideal solution would be signing both Weigl and Gündogan Laughing

But Gündogan especially because of his incredible chemistry with Özil. I think for the DM situation there are more possible solutions.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:30 am

But guys don't forget, Gilberto Silva is training at Arsenal (:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Arsène Wenger has made Adrien Rabiot his priority for the January transfer window with Wanyama & Rubén Neves as back-ups.
Arsenal have also agreed a €6m deal with Dynamo Moscow for Aleksandr Kokorin, only activated if striker injury-crisis occurs. [@GFN_France]

Transfer Ban pls!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:35 pm

wtf is that deal lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Jan 31: everyone is fine and fit, even Sanchez is fit and Welbeck is back soon
Feb 1: striker injury crisis. "Activate that Kokorin transfer." "Sir Wenger, the window is closed."
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm

El Gunner wrote:Jan 31: everyone is fine and fit, even Sanchez is fit and Welbeck is back soon
Feb 1: striker injury crisis. "Activate that Kokorin transfer." "Sir Wenger, the window is closed."

In Russia the transfer window never closes. :coffee:

I dont understand this "if" we are always in injury crises. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Meh don't believe it anyways. Can't see us going for a striker. Maybe Rabiot or some other midfielder.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:28 pm

Although PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi was “very disappointed” by Adrien Rabiot, “he will certainly stay in January.”

The midfielder has been repeatedly linked with Roma, Juventus, Inter, Fiorentina, Napoli and other Serie A sides.

“I was very disappointed by Rabiot’s comments and he knows that,” Al-Khelaifi told Le Figaro.

“In my view, asking for a loan move is unacceptable. It’s a serious lack of respect towards the club that has done so much for him.

“He is a great talent and I hope that one day he can become captain of PSG, but he needs respect for the club.

“He’s got the message and will certainly stay in January.”

Loan deal for Rabiot would be good for everyone involved but as you can see it got a bit personal between him and the PSG president.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Rabiot seems to have an attitude problem from the stories I've read about him over the past year, constantly huffing and puffing about playing time with his mother as his agent, no less.

Would prefer a loan deal to have an option to buy attached to it, otherwise, why not look elsewhere? We're going to need to invest in that position in the summer anyway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:31 pm

we are not going to extend rosicky's, flamini's or arteta's contracts according to reports

Hope rosicky retires with us but i can see him go to MLS for a bit.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:18 pm

We need new blood in midfield anyway:

Gündogan for Cazorla
New experienced DM for Arteta
Bielik for Flamini
Crowley for Rosicky
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Fine with that.

Experienced DM. Maybe someone like Benat?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:34 pm

I know Sina is going to suggest Bruno Soriano Razz
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Thought selling Cazorla was trolling at first.

Cool with signing Gundogan, no idea why that means offloading Santi.

Having CM options like Santi, Gundogan, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Coquelin vs Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky is incredible.

He's been so influential and, besides this injury, hasn't been showing signs of slowing down. On the contrary, he's proven even more versatile than we thought. Arteta, Flam and Rosicky can stay here until they're 55 but Santi gets chopped at 31? Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Bruno with Weigl as his understudy would be awesome Razz

promoting Bielik in reality
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:29 pm

MJ wrote:Thought selling Cazorla was trolling at first.

Cool with signing Gundogan, no idea why that means offloading Santi.

Having CM options like Santi, Gundogan, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Coquelin vs Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky is incredible.

He's been so influential and, besides this injury, hasn't been showing signs of slowing down. On the contrary, he's proven even more versatile than we thought. Arteta, Flam and Rosicky can stay here until they're 55 but Santi gets chopped at 31? Laughing

While having all these options sounds fantastic, it's also highly unrealistic.

It's a sacrifice that needs to be done if we want Gündogan, similar to our Cech signing (except that we can't loan Cazorla, how we loaned Szczesny).

Of course we could sell Wilshere or Ramsey and keep Cazorla but I'd much rather risk Cazorla haunting us for a few years than Wilshere/Ramsey for a decade lol.

Just to be clear, I'm a big fan of Cazorla. He's our best CM but replacing him with Gündogan would be a genius move which would keep us sorted in midfield for a long time. Kinda like replacing Wenger with Guardioöa would be.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:50 am

I'd be sad to see Cazorla go--I love this little guy so, so much and he just oozes class--but if we can get a player like Gündogan it'd be difficult to argue that the best option isn't to sell off Santi for a reasonable fee so that he can go shine in a starting XI elsewhere (ideally back in Spain).

However, I think that bolstering Coq competition is comparatively more important than replacing Cazorla now. The latter has at least 1-2 more seasons left in him at a very high level, in my opinion.

Would be happy to see moves made for, like, Xhaka or someone like that.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 am

Also don't see it as easily comparable to the Cech situation. The gulf in quality between Cech and Szczesny was huge vs Gundogan and Cazorla and Cech, arguably the greatest PL keeper ever, was available for a bargain, although I understand it's also to do with age.

But we'd have Santi, Gundogan, Ramsey, Wilshere, Coquelin. Four CMs capable of starting. That's not an unreasonable amount of quality to suggest that they all wouldn't play. We're talking about selling a hugely influential and high-quality player to invest more faith in Wilshere who is out at least 4 months a season and Ramsey who also misses 1-2 months not to mention Gundogan who had his own massive injury a couple years ago. Top teams can afford to have more than a couple top players competing with each other.

Point is, don't want to see Cazorla go and don't think we'd even have to see him go just to sign another CM, especially when 3 are leaving this season.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 am

Why this selling Santi talk ? I mean we stick with Rosicky til his 35 and he's still with us, just released Diaby after god know how long. Santi is experience, unless he wants to move, lets slowly transit him to Rosicky & Arteta role.

With Arteta definitely, Flamini possibly gone next year & Jack never fit, our CM is actually quite thin.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:34 am

The only reason I would be worried about Gundogan is because of his injury record. We need less injury prone players, not more.

I quite like Rosicky. I think he will still be useful. He's still mobile, quick and agile to keep up with our style. In fact, he's still probably one of the quicker/more urgent midfielders in our team. He may be 35 but his playing age is probably closer to 29. He hasn't played at all this season so practically it's like he's not aged at all!

Arteta IMO has been finished for a while now. Agility/pace has never been his strong points and are now deteriorating even more. Our style of play requires quick transitions through the midfield and we won't get that with Arteta's ponderous, 'best Denilson impression' sideways passing. Not to mention he offers no defensive qualities.

If I had to choose between keeping either Arteta or Flamini, I would pick Flamini. Purely because he can still run, offers some defensive qualities, and because of that wonder volley he scored against the Spurs!
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Twoism wrote:Why this selling Santi talk ? I mean we stick with Rosicky til his 35 and he's still with us, just released Diaby after god know how long. Santi is experience, unless he wants to move, lets slowly transit him to Rosicky & Arteta role.

With Arteta definitely, Flamini possibly gone next year & Jack never fit, our CM is actually quite thin.

The problem is Cazorla is a different level to Rosicky. The moment Gündogan arrives, Cazorla is getting offers from big clubs in Spain - he will leave whether we want or no. Hell even Wilshere will consider leaving when he sees 3 CM's ahead of him.

We have to be pragmatic here and leave emotions aside as we were in the Cech/Szczesny situation. Gündogan has 1 year in his contract and if we consider the fee we get for Cazorla, we'll basically sign a younger/better version for the same amount we signed  Cazorla!

It's the perfect succession plan!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:21 pm

No player is behind 3 CMs unless they refuse to compete. Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, and hypothetical Gundogan (love how we're talking about this like it's not an entirely made up scenario, we're not even linked with the dude) all stand a chance of ousting each other from the starting XI with form, injuries and suspensions giving each their chances on the pitch.

The likes of Barca have Iniesta, Busquets, Roberto, Rafinha, Rakitic, now Vidal. Bayern have Alonso, Thiago, Vidal, Gotze, Rode, Alaba/Martinez/Lahm depending on where they play.

At least with CMs you have the option of chopping and changing, shifting players around, especially versatile ones like Cazorla. With GKs, like the Cech comparison, you have one guy to start virtually every game. Even if we were to sign Gundogan or another good, youngish player, there's no reason to sell Cazorla unless he were to force a move which I don't see him needing to do.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next