jibers
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

van Gaal says United lack star power - Page 2 Empty Re: van Gaal says United lack star power

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 am

chad4401 wrote:LVG comments are weird cause last time i checked, manu are the biggest club in the world with deep pockets, just go poach neymar or hazard.

tbh last time he made comments like this last year he said we needed a player with explosive pace to run at teams and he name dropped Di Maria and we signed him a few weeks later Laughing

sooo fully expect us to buy Hazard, Messi, Neymar in the coming weeks :coffee:

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

van Gaal says United lack star power - Page 2 Empty Re: van Gaal says United lack star power

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:16 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Rooney isn't a creator which is what Van Gaal is going on about, he is a world class finisher tho

Not sure that is true tbh. He's not someone that i would fear in front of goal. He's not bad but i wouldn't expect him to score every time he's through on goal.

really cuz i'd back him over anyone in the PL currently to burry clean through on goal, him and Aguero
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:18 am

Laughing

If Madrid quote Bale at 150 mil, United would sign him. But Perez is not interested in that lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 am

The Franchise wrote:I like Rooney, but he is no star. I am sure these words sting him though.

He is wrong, but he must think he is better than Neymar and not worse than Aguero and Suarez.

Messi is probably the only player he would accept he isnt as good as.

Too right as well, to be a top level footballer you have to believe you are the best regardless whether you are or not.

You have to carry that confidence, if you don't then why bother at all.

I agree, it is normal for him to think that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 am

B-Mac wrote:
chad4401 wrote:LVG comments are weird cause last time i checked, manu are the biggest club in the world with deep pockets, just go poach neymar or hazard.

tbh last time he made comments like this last year he said we needed a player with explosive pace to run at teams and he name dropped Di Maria and we signed him a few weeks later Laughing

sooo fully expect us to buy Hazard, Messi, Neymar in the coming weeks :coffee:

WOuldnt shock me if you guys have another go at RObben, seeing how you are trying to get Bayern players, unless that's the sound of war for Muller, but he is far from a star
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 am

For all his faults as a manager, he sure is blunt.

That backhanded compliment at Young Laughing

Can't say I disagree with what he said.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24 am

B-Mac wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Young played his best football since probably his first half of the season that he joined us.

he has looked good again in pre season on the left with Shaw...but it is pre season.

Van Gaals rigidity has probably helped

So you're saying he has played his best football since he joined you guys, and has continually done so throughout?

no im saying he hasn't played this well since the first half of the season he joined us

you remember that year, but I 8-2 bring it up (:

Spoiler:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:02 am

Inbe4 they buy Ross Barkley.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 am

El Gunner wrote:Young didn't even have such a good season last time out all things considered, don't know where that comes from.

Agreed. Compared to our other options Young had a really good season. But those stats are poor if we look at similar players of other teams. 5 assists and 2 goals in a team that rely on wing play is never a great return.

Thats why he should only be a backup this season. But sadly our club and fans, their expectations have reduced far too heavily and now we think of him as a starter. Sad
In actuality United should do far better than someone like an Ashley Young tbh. He is a very capable backup to have in the side, but nothing more.

Btw His contract runs out next year and He is not offered a new one yet. hmm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 pm

because we buying Reus to replace him :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 pm

what ever happened to that kid who was supposed to be the next big thing?
the one England / Belgium wanted
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Donuts wrote:what ever happened to that kid who was supposed to be the next big thing?

He had one good game against the worst team in the league at the time and everyone lost their mind.... the standard stuff really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Donuts wrote:what ever happened to that kid who was supposed to be the next big thing?

Januzaj? he rekt Bartra the other day tbh :coffee:

he has put on a bunch of Muscle this year tho, expect him to have a good bounce back season. Andreas Pereira might surpass him on hype train tho Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Rekking Bartra is now an accomplishment? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:14 pm

B-Mac wrote:

so he's known for his one good game against a bottom team according to mole
and he's good in pre-season friendlies
aka he sucks good to know.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Donuts wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

he was actually one of the best performers in Moyes season, mole just being bitter mole Laughing

he was poor last season tho i will admit, but because he's not messi at age 20 he's shit

GL Logic :bow:

Last edited by B-Mac on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rekking Bartra is now an accomplishment? Laughing

naw just trying to give recent reference to refresh memories :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Donuts wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

he was actually one of the best performers in Moyes season, mole just being bitter mole Laughing

he was poor last season tho i will admit, but because he's not messi at age 20 he's shit

Bitter for what lol? He had one good performance against Sunderland lol, that is it. Disappeared of the face of the earth since then like i said he would.

Not my fault you can't accept the truth :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 pm

You mean "van Gaal says United shall lack star power"
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Donuts wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

so he was the best in a already crappy team? your not reinforcing your argument so well.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Donuts wrote:

Bitter for what lol? He had one good performance against Sunderland lol, that is it. Disappeared of the face of the earth since then like i said he would.

Not my fault you can't accept the truth :coffee:

West Ham is a game that immediately comes to mind other then Sunderland, just because he didn't score doesn't mean he disappeared Laughing he was the most creative player we had that season, only guy who took players on and made things happen
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Donuts wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Donuts wrote:

so he was the best in a already crappy team? your not reinforcing your argument so well.

Laughing well why should I even have to have this conversation with someone who has likely never watched him play

needing ppl to make your opinion for you
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 am

Mole from what you say I realize you didn't even watch Manchester United. Man United is a team going through a process and it was especially last two seasons. Put Januzaj at Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea in the first XI and you'll see a big difference, because the other players can help him; he still needs help from the teammates because he is young and he can't win games alone ffs.

In the past two seasons Man United was something else than we were used to.

His potential is very obvious and with the passing of time, he should be able to gain some experience, establish better football-based relationships with the teammates and also after the team retakes its old identity, everything should be different.

There is a team problem yet, but I hope that in two years from now, Januzaj will be a 1st team player at one of the strongest sides in the world.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:21 am

I'm sorry. I can't take the arguments that begin with: "put him in the starting XI of [insert world class team here] and watch him flourish..."

Well, of course he would. I could play Paul "my mommy fights my FaceBook battles" Konchesky at CAM for Real Madrid, and he would likely not ruin the overall performance. Surround any player with talent in a team filled with world-class players, and they will have moments.

Of course Januzaj has talent. That's not really in question. The question is whether he is good enough for United. He's had some high-profile moments, but they came in bursts, they came mainly against lower-level competition, and they came in a side/setup that was otherwise devoid of true creativity.

He is creative and has good technique, but he lacks pace, physicality, and any inclination towards two-way play. Honestly, he reminds me of Luis Alberto and Suso from Liverpool's youth system. Both fit into that "tweener" category, where managers cannot decide how to best use their skills(at winger/CAM/wide-forward/second-striker). These types of player often end up bouncing between positions until the manager either commits to them and sets-up the squad to suit their strengths or drops them from the lineup.

Somehow, I don't see Van Gaal as a manager to change his set-up to accommodate the youngster. I would expect him to be sold to a mid-/lower-table Prem League side (or to a continental side) where he will have the team setup around him, and he'll likely achieve moderate success wherever he ends up.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 am

Nice man, I agree with most of the things you said. Smile

I hope he won't be sold anyway.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2