Kaladin
Abramovich
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
Unique
59 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m Empty Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:58 am

ssn
BREAKING NEWS

The French FA have given Monaco striker Anthony Martial permission to leave national team base to talk to Manchester United.

this kid must be class. 19yo and £30 mil.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Unique wrote:
United must be desperate. 19yo and £30 mil.

They are.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:05 pm

everyone that's watched him seems to think he's a WC talent and considering the state of the forward market and his age I'm not all that flabbergasted by the fee hmm

still want us to sign a CB even if no names come to mind

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 pm

although I've seen more than a few ppl calling him the french danny welbeck which is worrying

sports pls confirm, I'm ignorant of everything outside of the BPL unless I've used someone on FIFA hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Firenze wrote:everyone that's watched him seems to think he's a WC talent and considering the state of the forward market and his age I'm not all that flabbergasted by the fee hmm

If he comes good, in the long run it won't have mattered whether it's 20m, 30m, or the reported 36m £, that's true.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
United must be desperate. 19yo and £30 mil.

They are.
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Firenze wrote:everyone that's watched him seems to think he's a WC talent and considering the state of the forward market and his age I'm not all that flabbergasted by the fee hmm

i must of been living on the moon. until man u got linked to him id never even seen him name before.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Unique wrote:

i must of been living on the moon. until man u got linked to him id never even seen him name before.

Well he's not an unknown player lets put it that way...
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:37 pm

The times i've seen Martial, i've see nothing that can justify that price tag
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:42 pm

I've never watched him play but his goal return isn't anything amazing (I know he's only 19 and I'm guessing only has one legit season under his belt) we need someone that can guarantee us goals, I know he signed a new contract this summer but we should have thrown the money at Lyon for Lacazette instead IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:45 pm

I can't claim to have watched him enough to make a considered judgement but I've seen a few Monaco games this season and I've been impressed with him. It's a huge step to go to United in an unforgiving environment when he's still developing as a player. Mobile, drives well with the ball and links up capably with Cavaleiro and Silva, seems like he could develop into a very complete centre forward.

Price tags are essentially irrelevant on deadline day and especially for a club like United. Monaco have no real reason to sell and are not desperate for cash, so it would be expected that his price would be inflated. The real question is though, is he going to raise United's level?

You could argue that with no well established targets seemingly available, the next best thing is to pursue a striker about to make the step up and challenge them to do that and displace Rooney. It might have merit as an idea as I believe Rooney will eventually settle in the 9 role if he's given a chance to play it consistently again and there are plenty of sides who would like to have Martial on their books.

Odd move though, I would think it best for him to stay in Ligue 1 for at least another year.

Now Menez, there's a forward United could get excited about.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Unique wrote:

Well he's not an unknown player lets put it that way...
i dont watch much any french football though i admit.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Surprised United didn't look into Niang hmm, he can slot in front of Rooney or work in a 4-3-3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:50 pm

its funny how people say price tag is not importent until its time to have a dig at liverpool for paying 20mil for lovren. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Unique wrote:its funny how people say price tag is not importent until its time to have a dig at liverpool for paying 20mil for lovren. Wink

It's not a contradiction, as in Lovrens case too it's not the price tag that's made fun of but the fact that he's pretty bad.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

It's only natural that people will draw attention to price tags when players do poorly. If Martial goes to United and fills the role they want him to fill, no one will care what was paid. If he flops then of course people will then bring up how much he cost.

This isn't to say that clubs should give no regard to transfer budgets. For the vast majority of clubs, it's vital that they do not spend beyond their means. There are however certain institutions that can afford to absorb substantial losses on players. If you're in that position, you might as well embrace it. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Exactly dost.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:its funny how people say price tag is not importent until its time to have a dig at liverpool for paying 20mil for lovren. Wink

It's not a contradiction, as in Lovrens case too it's not the price tag that's made fun of but the fact that he's pretty bad.
thats being kind.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:11 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

thats being kind.

So there you go. If Lovren was performing decently noone would say "20m WHAT LMAO? Worth 16.5m AT BEST"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Mendes just took United to the cleaners, 80 millions for Martial (50+30 bonus), incredible
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Are you serious rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

...would you like to run that price tag past me one more time?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:43 pm

And post a source....
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Di Maria, Falcao, now this. Woody is Mendes' personal gold mine
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Of course i can

United offered 40 mil, they said no

United offered 50 mil, they started laughing

United offered 60 mil, they saw the thirst was real

United offered 70 mil, they started group dancing, still said no

United finally offered 80mil, 50 mil + 30 mil in bonus,

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-anthony-martial-monaco-a-manchester-united-c-est-80-millions-d-euros/586556

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next